[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of people on r9k reference success in terms of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: tv_narcos1-1a.jpg (224 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
tv_narcos1-1a.jpg
224 KB, 720x480
I see a lot of people on r9k reference success in terms of money and I just can't understand it.

I used to be poor, single mum raising 5 kids alone. I'm talking cold showers, 1 mattress between 3 poor.

I've since graduated and got a job, make double the amount of my parents with absolutely no responsibility.

>Still miserable af

I have nothing to spend it on, I get home from work. Watch whatever series I'm into and then go to bed for another day of wagecuckery.

What's all the money in the world if you're not happy? It will never make you happy. I don't even notice the difference between the cold and warm showers. I just don't care in all honesty.

No friends or gf so the only thing I do on the weekends is what I wish I could do weekdays. Be kvh NEET af in my bed either wanking or watching some shit show.

It's all a lie fellow Robots, don't buy the dream. They got us thinking a piece of paper with some dead guys face on it is worth something.
>>
I'd rather be miserable in a nice house with more money than I know what to do with than live in a poor household with dumbass siblings
>>
If I had money I would never share it with anyone because I had to suffer to earn it and they want to just leech on me and get a free ride?

All women are worthless whores
>>
You need friends. Life doesn't work alone.
>>
>>26429535

You'll get to a point where you're numb to it all and they all end becoming one and the same.
>>
>>26429509
>comparing yourself to Pablo escobar

ahhaha faggot, Pablo Escobar was a billionare that had tons of friends and a great family/
>>
If you have lots of useless money you can spend it on travelling to various places where you might meet interesting people which could develope to something. Personally I would book a flight somewhere, get a room in some fancy hotel and just hang around some high class bars/restaurants/museums.
But all of my money goes just to keep a roof and food. I'd need to save for years just to get a week abroad and there's a high chance of fucking up everything when you expect the trip for years. With loadsamoney that isn't a problem, just travel enough and eventually it becomes natural.
Most people here too are miserable because of their surroundings. Travelling would give them a clean slate every now and then which would relieve the constant stress and blah blah blah.
>>
If I had money, my miserable life would be less stressful and more bearable.

I don't really want it but I need it for survival almost as badly as water.

In the end, I am nothing but a slave.
>>
>>26429509
you can use it to do stuff that makes you feel happier
Have you ever tried going to an anime convention OP?
>>
>>26429509
No, the thing a lot of idiots on both sides miss is that money is just an indication of success, not the goal itself. Winning the lottery does not make you a success, nor does inheritance, but if someone is willing to pay you fat stacks for whatever you're selling that means you have something rare. Assuming you worked hard at attaining that rarity, the success of your efforts is reflected in your income. If you didn't put any work in, you're probably a successful product at best, which is not a stable position to be in. That's really all it is.
>>
>>26430025

You're definitely a retard, where do you see an Escobar comparison???
>>
>>26430041

Where to travel to? I literally find nothing but ideas, concepts and stories interesting.

I feel like if I go abroad I'll just be paying money to wander about alone. Basically a really expensive midnight walk.
>>
>>26430091

No I haven't, what's the pro's and con's?

>original af
>>
>>26430358
Visit the shooting sets of your favourite movies, go to lectures about concepts and shit like that. There's probably a museum focused on stuff you find interesting.
It shouldn't matter if it's just an expensive walk if you're complaining about having money but nowhere to spend it.
>>
>>26430506

True, I am going to Barcelona in a months time. I like football (soccer) so go to games. Going to Barcelona v Arsenal with people I know, not going to say friends because we're not.

Ill see what that's like, get drunk get high. What else???!!??
>>
>>26430653
>do things robots can only dream about
>cry about being bored

Yeah fuck you. Going to another country with totally-not-my-friends to watch football is really a normal day for a robot right?
>>
>>26430748
In general, boredom is a personal issue after maybe the age of 12.
>>
>>26430748

Why can you only dream about it? Book a flight, book a ticket and book a hotel. It really is that simple, you'll be awkward as usual but just in another country. It's like when Chad took pity of you at school, and let you just sort of follow him around not contributing to anything socially.

Unless the money side is what you're talking about. If it is, don't say I didn't warn you when you get here. Plenty of people on r9k with money, but still wind up here.
>>
>>26429509
>single mum raising 5 kids alone

How did you fuck up so badly? I'm guessing at least one of your kids is a half-breed and you live in a trailer park..
>>
>>26430872

Just realised my poor grammar in the OP. I'm one of the 5 kids, my mother was the single mum of 5.
>>
>>26430783

I'm not bored you faggot, I'm perfectly content wasting away wanking and wagecucking. Do I take hot showers now? Yes, once a week. Are my trousers too small for me? No.

Can I take cold showers? Yes. Can I wear tight around the waist. Yes.

Money doesn't equal success or happiness.
>>
File: 97hpz9u.jpg (778 KB, 1694x2050) Image search: [Google]
97hpz9u.jpg
778 KB, 1694x2050
Hmmm and here I am dead broke living in a filthy closet and ~loving life~ it really does make you wonder.
>>
Ultra richfag here, OP is right. My only happiness comes from taking care of an adopted lil sis and playing with her (not in a sexual way you god damn perverts).

We just play basketball and go smash people's shit for laughs and it's a thousand times more fun than my money, despite us spending no money to have the fun.

Fast cars are fun though, i will say that.
>>
>>26430358
I like tropical places.
You can sit on the beach and go into the ocean and look at corals and fish while snorkelling. Also scuba diving on tropical places is really nice.
>>
having more money provides you more opportunities to discover things you might enjoy
>>
I have known this for years. The only thing is if you get sick you get better care than the poorfags. I just spent $4100 on 2 weeks of antibiotics to cure myself. Poorfags couldn't do that they would still be diseased.

Real happiness comes from allowing yourself to grow and mutate in an area you enjoy. Like a happy little parasitic life form.
>>
>>26431551
What the fuck kind of antibiotics costs $4100?
>>
>tfw happiness, like most things, is primarily genetic
>tfw if you're unhappy you'll likely just be unhappy forever, regardless of what happens to you
>>
>>26431933

The American kind, because fuck poor people they should've pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and worked hard and shake the hand and look em in the eye and firm shake the hand again and show 'em that American hardworking gumption.
>>
>>26430041
>fancy hotel and just hang around some high class bars/restaurants/museums.
you could literally do that now senpai with a train ticket
99% of you would just stay in your hotel room jerking off
>>
It's weird, I made 20k one particular year SOLELY by selling drugs (excluding welfare). I gambled excessively and squandered my money foolishly. I eventually found myself arrested facing an impending court date. The money/preoccupation with business served as a nice distraction, but I don't know if it made me happy, especially when my empire fell. Anyway, I actually found myself a lot happier alone and on house arrest, surviving off a fraction of what I used to receive. I can safely say that money did not buy me happiness, personally.
>>
>>26432389

OP here, when I was poor and a bit younger. I'm 22 now I used to do some illegal things for money, scams and fraud never drugs but I found the money kept disappearing.

>Loved the buzz
>Days used to fly by
>Spent hours outside my prison of a bedroom
>Free drugs for helping out drug dealers
>>
File: pepe monster.jpg (3 KB, 108x125) Image search: [Google]
pepe monster.jpg
3 KB, 108x125
>>26429509
Answer to happiness is meditation. Psychedelics are like steroids for meditation.

Found for confidence Ive been studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu over a year and my confidence is ridiculous knowing that even that bully chad ultra alpha male you can cripple him easily. Went to a memorial a few months back that was like a surprise 10 year reunion and the grease monkey friend all into muscle cars is now a mechanical engineer. Decade ago he was into steroids and now is a competitive bodybuilder and even he commented on how much confidence I commanded and equated it to a cop. I loled, but yeah man Ive made cops and judges stutter around me from intimidation.

On a side note I use to think the two BJJ professors were I trained had this certain look in their eyes a certain intensity cause they were compensating for being manlets you know trying to be tough. I've been studying a fuckload of BJJ for the past couple months and I started to get that same intensity and look. These guys are world champions and now I understand that its a level of confidence/concentration/intensity based on being transcendently physically alpha. Its like you turn into the Apex Predator.

Hell last night saw Deadpool and these fucks wouldn't shut up. After the movie I see they are Mexicans and I say "I should of known, Wetbacks!" Look around, whole theatre is Mexican. One of the chatty cunts stops as if to say what did you say. Bump into him in an obvious you want to fight and he didn't do shit. feels good man
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.