[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do the brainzaps stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1455005960217.png (171 KB, 567x430) Image search: [Google]
1455005960217.png
171 KB, 567x430
When do the brainzaps stop?
>>
>>26427145
What does the brainzaps feel like?

I quit my meds for 2 months and nothing. My insomnia is raping hard as fuck but no zaps?
>>
>>26427145

mine stopped after about 2 weeks, i quit my meds cold turkey though which i do not recomend to anyone
>>
I've been medicated (and quit) many times and never experienced that
>>
File: 1436417077404.png (270 KB, 486x459) Image search: [Google]
1436417077404.png
270 KB, 486x459
How can anyone be stupid enough to take anti depressants? Do you not research this shit or do you just trust your doctor blindly?

Natural selection...almost. So close...
>>
Zoloft or what? How long have they been going on?
>>
>>26427176
Hard to describe just weird feeling like someone is shaking my brain.
They only started when I stopped taking pills so I assume that's what it is.

>>26427201
I've only been off for a week and half. I just stopped taking them, is there some other way you're supposed to stop?

>>26427258
>read paper online that they're just placebo
>tell doc and they say that it's not true and they work
>tfw paying money for appointment and pills and they do nothing
Won't make that mistake again.

>>26427262
Lexapro.
>>
>>26427299

You're usually suppose to cut the dosage in half for 2 days and then skip a day and do the half dosage again and then stop, but since you stopped already it's too late, just keep going.

The reason they say to cut back on it like that is because sometimes there can be complications like your anxiety coming back suddenly and make you whole situation much worse.

As for me, i quit back in mid december, i have been feeling much better since then, i found that the meds were causing more harm than good.
>>
>>26427145
when we destroy the central pillar
>>
>>26427299
I'm not saying they're a placebo but the side effects are worse than depression nigga what the FUCK you doing taking them? My psych prescribed me some and I figured fuck it if these get me high or something then it might be worth. Nope. They're useless.

Best way to get over depression is usually a healthy diet and exercise. Don't be a fucking goy.
>>
>>26427299
>shaking my brain.

My head felt like this before the meds and after I stopped.

Hopefully that isnt the same feeling you're going through. This shit is awful and It keeps me from thinking straight. Only reason I'm getting more tomorrow.
>>
>>26427372
Anything you did to feel better?

>>26427381
What side effects? The only thing I noticed was it was hard to orgasm. Glad I'm not taking them now desu.
>Best way to get over depression is usually a healthy diet and exercise.
>tfw try for week to take a walk
Closest I've gotten is opening the door but there were people outside.
>>
>>26427381
Were you really fucked up?

They helped me out a lot. I developed some issues from sitting at home for 7 years. Mom always told me to get out more but that sudden lack of social interaction for so long fucked my shit up.

One month on them had me right. The difference feels noticeable. I cant get high on them though. Weed just doesnt work. So much wasted weed
>>
>>26427449

It's a little weird because while I was on my meds I would wake up every morning really early with huge anxiety attacks and would be unable to go back to sleep. Then when I stopped taking the meds I started sleeping better and anxiety just sorta went away after a while. I tried my best to change a few things in my life that i didnt like and also i am seeing a social worker and psychiatrist. A major part of my anxiety was probably relationship anxiety, i had a really bad breakup with my ex last year and she did things that made me question whether or not anyone should be trusted ever. So it took a lot for me to get over that but I am fine now it seems. Starting to work again soon.
>>
>>26427449
mate if you have anxiety bad enough that you can't go outside with other people then meds are a useful part of treatment for a lot of people. if it's because you can't afford them then i'm really sorry, that's a position noone should be in.

talk to your doctor about trying out a different drug if you feel this one didn't work (though it does take time to build up so you can possibly see a difference). good luck either way mate.
>>
File: 1419538195063.png (35 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1419538195063.png
35 KB, 645x773
>>26427720
I guess I can see abut trying a different type.
Money is a big part of it.
Going to see doc tomorrow which is only time I go outside.
>>
>>26427145
For me, never.
>>
File: 1366754605624.png (121 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1366754605624.png
121 KB, 500x600
>>26427550
Honestly I never felt like I had depression but everyone around me thought I did. I guess I did have thoughts about killing myself constantly and I never wanted to see anyone friend or family.I guess that's depression? Despite all that I never really felt sad, which I equate with being depressed. Just wanted to kill myself so I didn't have to wageslave.

I was also a NEET for 7 years so they may have just been trying anything. I'm a wageslave now. The way I rationalize it is instead of being dead forever, I'm only dead during my job and I still get to be alive during my free time. And I'm still abysmal at social interactions with strangers but I just stop caring about what other people think now. I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm ranting before I fall asleep.

It's really all just mental in the end. You are literally your thoughts. It's not a bullshit copout excuse, you just don't want to hear it because it's not an easy solution like popping a shitty pill. FUCK YOU and change yourself. Or don't and die off and become natural selection. Night bros.
>>
>>26428186
Literally me.

I say the things I do to keep people away from me though. People are retarded and cant see eye to eye with me so I keep them away with words.

I went for the meds for a different reason though.. I sit at home all day and study game dev shit. They aren't the cure to sadness or any bullshit like that but lack of social interaction will rape your ass hard

Though unlike most of you here I'm not a bitch. I managed to get 3 jobs and build connections for some self medication if needed.

I get that we are just a ton of thoughts But the strain around my chest and head and my uneasiness when around other people were annoying as fuck. That pill calmed it a bit.

You probably dont have depression or anything. Most people dont have any serious depression. The pills sell well so why not get everyone on the bandwagon?
>>
ive never taken antidepressants but i feel these sometimes

wtf
>>
>>26428886
Maybe your parents slipped them into your food when you were younger or now.
I knew kid who changed and freaked out and it was because his parent had been secretly giving him ritalyn.
>>
File: 1444689991385.jpg (51 KB, 557x549) Image search: [Google]
1444689991385.jpg
51 KB, 557x549
>>26428742
>Though unlike most of you here I'm not a bitch
>implying
>>
File: berserk-26500.jpg (94 KB, 800x1208) Image search: [Google]
berserk-26500.jpg
94 KB, 800x1208
>>26429062
No implications familio

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.