[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should NEETS feel bad for leeching off their parents, or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8
File: 1454814724461.png (600 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1454814724461.png
600 KB, 894x894
Should NEETS feel bad for leeching off their parents, or is it the parents duty (and punishment) to provide for he who did not ask to be brought into existance?
>>
neither, nobody should be exprected to work for porky in the first place
>>
>>26426677
I think the punishment is for letting you become an autist.

OP's pic reminds me of those /b/+Tumblr dating memes. While both are polar opposites, they're both retarded virgins and should fuck together.
>>
>>26427316
The pic is pretty clear, it's /pol/ and tumblr, neither can live without the other.
>>
I'm a self sufficient NEET. I saved 2000 pounds from my NEET course I did a few months back and now resell on Ebay and do a thing called 'Matched Betting' to make extra cash.
>>
>>26426677
To be honest, my dad has a responsibility to help me kill myself. He should order me helium and shit for my birthday
>>
File: 1449869021323.jpg (190 KB, 918x793) Image search: [Google]
1449869021323.jpg
190 KB, 918x793
Ofcourse I feel bad, the thought of it just makes me even more depressed, that they keep clinging onto some false fucking hope. I keep the usage to a minimum and just sleep for the most of it.

Yet the insistance is still there that I continue living and do something with my life.

But I don't WANT to do anything with my life. I have no motivation, interest or energy to even care to do something. I don't want to spend my life working a shit job dealing with shit people just to get by so I can do it again tomorrow.

Yet I have 0 hobbies and nothing even remotely peaks my interest to go 'Yeah I want to do that.' Don't care for 'life goals' of being successful, rich, having a family and kids or whatever else it is people strive for.

Now you see the thing is logic would dictate that everyone should want me to kill myself, AND YET just because I have a 'decent' personality, aren't particularly selfish and i'm not a complete cunt to everyone I come across, I should 'Keep on living.'

I understand that no parent would want to see their child die, that's just how things are, but if it's the very thing that the child wants? Can't they just give me the go-ahead and let me kill myself without it being a massive domino effect on their lives. I know either way it'll suck for them but for fuck sake.

I'm 24 and have done remotely nothing interesting in my life nor achieved anything, why do people keep thinking it'll change? I don't WANT to.
>>
Parents should gently but firmly kick their kids out at age 18, if they don't do this they should feel bad for enabling their kid to grow into a helpless dependent manchild
>>
>>26427719
I don't necessarily agree with the 18-and-out rule. If the child is going to college, they should be able to stay, but after that, yes, they should be out.

That's all easier said than done - parents are enormously irrational about their child.
>>
>>26426677
the parent didn't ask for a retarded son. that logic makes no sense. you could take it a step further and say the parent didn't ask for the desire to have kids, and also didn't ask to be alive either. it was the parents responsibility until a certain point, but even if the parents did absolutely nothing it's no longer on them if you're an adult who can wipe his own ass and dress himself.

most parents/adults themselves leech from somebody else in the world. but they do it in a sustainable way and sometimes even play a role in their community. NEETs are self destructive, let alone having any function. how they feel is inconsequential, but it's a tough question whether or not they just die off in a generation or actually become a problem economically. we might as well be giving comfy lives to livestock.
>>
>>26427719
But why?
>have a kid
>expect him to be everything you couldnt be, without having a fucking idea of how to achieve that
>literally kick him out when he's no longer cute or lovable enough for you and because suddenly he became a burden to your greedy ass
Shouldnt have had him in first fucking place.

>>26427783
If the son turned out to be a useless retard guess whos fault it is. They have no right to demand anything from him.
>>
>>26427600
Iktf, although I'm a bit younger than you, I feel like I'm in the same boat, I've given up. Being the nice guy got me nowhere. I have no friends, and no passions/motivation, yet people still want me to live for some reason. They had years to show me what they value in life and they did nothing, don't try to do so now. Anyways imo, if you feel like there's no light at the end of your tunnel, that you won't find meaning or use in this life, and you don't want to be stagnant in this river of life, while everyone else is swimming, then I respect your decision to escape this reality, no one respects my decision to die...
>>
I'm not a NEET, but I don't think NEETs should feel bad.
However you turned out is due to your parents' genes, if they had shitty genes and decided to have a kid, then they can deal with it.
In my own eyes though, the majority of parents I see walking around with their kids have bad genes.
>>
>>26427783
NEET legal suicides confirm? Please?
>>
>>26427808
>turned out
it's his fault for turning out that way. given enough time most of his life is grounded on his decisions if we're talking western world.

i am saying it doesn't matter about the fault or who "asked" for anything. they don't have that right but they also don't have to have the responsibility to support an adult idiot if they don't want it.
>>
Both. Parents obviously did a shit job raising them, kids inevitably wound up NEET because of aformentioned reason and no reason to develop a sense of self that wasn't narcissistic and oblivious to the world and the role they play.

People think this NEET shit is inevitable, but the vast majority is just people that weren't raised right. Ultimately, the self is planted by the parents during the most impressionable years.

So I guess more on the parents.
>>
>>26427808

I disagree with this. I'm >>26427600

I blame myself for the way I turned out, I didn't grow up with the aspirations or motivations to do anything with my life like everyone else around me did. I spent my teen years indoors playing video games until 5am and sleeping in school.

Once I hit 18 after failing college twice from both courses not interesting me at all I became a shut-in and closed off my social interactions outside of steam/online VOIP.

My gripe is that despite being the useless sack of shit with nothing going for my life and no real future, they want me to continue living anyway and being a leech on them. Yet killing myself would hurt them all the more.

You see what i'm saying here? I've felt like this for years now, it's not like some random thought of 'im sad I want to kill myself', I just want nothing to do with the world.

In a perfect scenario i'd like to be able to erase my existence entirely so that i'd never happened, but unfortunately that's not realistic.

Granted not everyone is in the same case, sometimes the parents are to blame, sometimes the environment, changes from person to person.
>>
The worst part is when you were raised in a shitty background and expected to become extremely successful. It's like asking someone to climb out of a 100 foot hole, I guess it's doable for a select few but for the vast majority of people it's more or less impossible. Wouldn't it make more logical sense to just be content living at the bottom?
>>
>>26427909
How the fuck is it his fault? Though I partially agree with you having said given enough time, here I'd think 50 years, thats enough for him to make somethint out of his life based on his decisions whatever his education and circumstances were before. But we're talking about 20-25 y old neets here, imo at that age your parents and how they raised you still play a bigger role than your own decisions.
>>
>>26427600
>>26427839
Oh shove it you whiners. Are you really so self absorbed that you cant even be bothered to TRY something? You're actually in too much of a pit of hopelessness that DOING a SMALL TASK is just too much?

Look at it like this. If you're at rock bottom, then how the fuck would doing literally ANYTHING make life worse? You're worried about a shitty job? Have you even worked a job in the first place to have this GRAND opinion of "hurr durr jobs wont be fulfilling hurrr." Just fucking do something, its literally impossible that things will get worse if things are as bad as you say they are.

Or do you just want to admit youre a bitch instead of hiding behind NEETism?

>>26427856
Stop lying to yourself. Its not genetic like 98% of the time.
>>
>>26427946
impossible why? do you not have free time? a shitty background rarely means you're much dumber than someone "successful" it just means you get used to shit and you don't mind being in it. maybe the reason they want you to climb out of that hole is that you don't fit in it with them? you can be a success to them without doing anything spectacular, just help them out and be willing to stand up for yourself. trashy people have the attention span of like 3 days you can turn your whole reputation around.

btw saying the "worst part" is just having people expect more from you is pretty lame if you want pity. this is one of the things useless NEETs always trip up on, as if meaningless statements about anxiety or depression weren't enough to make it look like a big joke to play video games longer.
>>
File: alg_jersey_shore_cast1_5065.jpg (56 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
alg_jersey_shore_cast1_5065.jpg
56 KB, 485x364
>>26428030
>its not genetic bro
>u have free will bro
>just work for it like I did, nothings free bro
>>
>>26427808
Stop projecting your personal experiences brah. A lot of "NEETS" get neety from wimp parents who dont enforce shit.

Suck your dads dick another day
>>
>>26427783
>you could take it a step further and say the parent didn't ask for the desire to have kids

What? Just because they desire it doesn't mean they have to have that desire fulfilled.

Fact is my parents didn't do a good job raising me or give me the necessary tools to succeed in this life. It's there fault and now they face the repercussions.
>>
>>26428073
I allotted room for the genetic outliers in my post.

But guess what.

They're outliers.

You dont have to be Hercules or Bill Gates. For fucks sake, just be "Kevin, the guy ho restocks shelves at Publix." But no, its a lot better to wallow in self pity.

What gene is the "whine on the internet and pretend I am the most massive black hole of despair" gene?
>>
>>26428008
>takes 50 years to be self conscious about decisions
if you went to school parents almost have no influence after like 13 on how you're raised. people fucking wish more than anything that they could keep some kind of hold on how their young adult kids behave.

i wouldn't say everyone develops around the same time but yeah 25 your brain is unlikely to go that much farther. i can understand a 20 year old sucking on dads tit for the boring shit, but how he's "raised" probably has no impact on his day to day life when it comes to what he does for pleasure. it might be the parents fault that someone is scared to take responsibility or make their own hard decisions, but it's entirely the NEETs fault for feigning incompetence over the importance of taking those actions. unless your parents are NEET too, i don't see how anything you said argues against me.
>>
>>26427924
It was your parents fault for enabling such a destructive behavior at a young age.
>>
>>26428030
Classic normie response, the "the only way to go now is up" meme. Have you ever heard of lethargy? It's usually a symptom of various mental conditions, one being anhedonia, which is what those two are describing. It isn't a matter of "you've got nothing to do, so by default anything will work for you", they have no will to start. It's hard to explain, and I'm definitely not qualified to explain it (and nor are you), but it takes much more than " just do it, you've got nothing to lose". Take suicidal people for example, you can say that they have faced death, and thus they shouldnt care what they should do with their lives, and thus can do whatever they want with it. But that's not the case, is it? They would rather just lay down and die. They don't have that willpower, that passion for life you people have, they've given up, they've folded on this poker game
>>
>>26426677
Well anon in this world we are primates, three dwelling mammals but we left the trees and got smarter and now we are running the world.

Due to our brains it takes a very fucking long time for us to be smart enough to live on our own in a civilized nation but an age of around 14 is good enough for an uncivilized nation. Like all mammals that parents will nurture their young until they no longer their parents help, humans are the only mammals that spend long times with their young excluding whales. Due to this basically means your parents job is to:

Get you through preschool
Get you through elementary school
Get you through middle school
Get you through high school
Get you through college

and after that you should be good to survive in this world and thus GET THE FUCK OUT THEIR HOUSE AND LIVE SOMEWHERE ON YOU OWN YOU PARASITIC PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>26428030
>You're actually in too much of a pit of hopelessness that DOING a SMALL TASK is just too much?
Yes, and I blame my parents for that.

>Look at it like this. If you're at rock bottom, then how the fuck would doing literally ANYTHING make life worse?
It wouldn't. I just have no reason or will to do so.
>>
>>26428109
Not my fault man. I'm inclined to self pity because that's all I know and my genes won't let me change that. How can I find motivation or desire? They are absent to me.
>>
>>26428091
>necessary tools
>is literate and has time/energy to shitpost
just because you want to live wastefully and indulge mindlessly, doesn't mean you have to either.

if your life is just a faulty product, what is this debate even about? it sounds like the parents can decide how you feel or what you do at any time.
>>
>>26428148
Self-diagnose moar, faggor. You could push yourself to become medically educated and read up on the actual basis for those diagnostics, but it'd be easier to just see a doctor so they can confirm or deny. They actually got up and got an education sooooo

Let me break it down:
>if u dont
>do shit
>shit will not
>change

You want to stop being sedentary? Literally change one thing. Just one. Nothing big. Just do something out of the routine. Like, "after I finish this bag of cheetos Ill listen to new music or expand my vocabulary"

Once you break the cycle, you get momentum. I promise.

I really dont talk like this out of hate for you. I say this out of hate for the general circumstances that resulted in your present state. Bootstraps, man.
>>
>>26428030

I worked for 3 years in a private company of which my father was part manager of, driving Dump trucks, operating diggers and the likes, and that drove me to depression more than anything, this was 10 hours a day 50 a week.

I've also worked in warehouse twice on my feet all day doing mind-numbing work listening to the same 10 songs on the radio day after day and lost all interest, I mentally could not handle any of it anymore.

If you took the time to actually read you'll see that YES, infact doing a small task is very demanding and that there's nothing in the world I could even begin to care about to try. Even the concept of opening a sketch book and drawing regardless of loving the thought of it as a child, holds no interest to me. Even playing video games is a chore to pass time because I can't be asleep 24/7.

What I don't get is people like you, who live by the whole 'DO WHAT YOU ENJOY, DO ANYTHING!' Yet if that anything is to essentially suicide after feeling the same way about the world for 6-7 years, suddenly that's wrong?

However i'm also against the 'you can do anything' because there's laws that stop certain things, there's social stigmas in the world that stop you from being able to do so, family issues along with religion and the likes, the backgrounds and where they grew up. 'Just ignore them'. Should the person continue to ignore them if they get beaten up on a daily basis for the things they enjoy/their hobbies? Telling people doesn't do shit 'They're just kids, it happens'. Why is it such a widely acceptable thing?

Mixed signals here bud.
>>
>>26428194
>>26428165

Riddle me this:

Why is it necessary to have motivation to do something.

Open your mind to the possibility of doing something without that "faeries dust" of motivation. Action is still possible. I promise you wont combust.

For once, try doing something for reasons beyond WANTING it. Narcissistic as fuck, man.
>>
>>26428243
They did for a while, but not anymore. I'm dead now and the killed me mentally.
>>
>>26428030
This
I mean, for christ's sake what gives you the right to not rough it out with the rest of us? Everybody in the entire world has considered killing themselves at some point, and even people who thought they were worthless have stuck it out. Life is not something you own, and you need to stop being so selfish as to think that you're not experiencing it with the rest of us. It's way easier to mark yourself as a worthless piece of shit than to actually try and explore what's been put in front of you.
>>
>>26428311
good. if you're dead then you can't experience anything bad. what else?
>>
>>26428271
>DO WHAT YOU ENJOY
Im not saying that. Do. Just do. That is all Im saying. Do. Just DO. Beyond want, numbness, distaste. DO.

If you have an idea of what you DONT want to do, then you've effectively narrowed your choices in what you COULD do without hating yourself. Just DO.

This isnt an easy thing and I (believe it or not) understand that. But if you have these feelings, and are willing to look objectively at the situation, you will see that the only way is to rock the boat in even the smallest way.
>>
>>26428296

>Do things you don't want to do

??? I never understood this mentality. People preach you should do what you want to do and enjoy, then you say shit like that, or the usual response 'We all do things we don't want to do, that's life'.

Like, what? That sounds more like self-torture because 'I was told to do it.' Now I don't mean that in the 'all these mindless sheep xD' mentality, I mean this in the it seems fucking retarded to spend your life doing things you don't want to do when you're going to die anyway.
>>
>>26428371
if you do what you want then what do you have to complain about?
>>
>>26428371
Something being outside of your motivation does not necessitate dislike.

Im not saying torture yourself. Find what is sufferable (or so NEW that you haven't formed a bias against it) and just DO it for the sake of DOING it if you aim to get out of the MENTAL CONSTRUCT OF NEETISM
>>
>>26428296
How does anyone achieve anything without motivation or desire?
Even If I wanted to do "something", how would I go about doing "it" if I don't have the energy to pursue it? Lethargy man.

>Action is still possible
Action require energy.
>>
>>26428129
>probably
Well thats the problem here, im no expert but im almost sure the way you were raised those 13 years actually do fucking matter for the entirety of your life, primarly in an emotional aspect though. Even if the parent suddenly leaves and you never hear of him again, those short years, every and the smallest experience, whatever you learned from them stays with you forever, this is the time when your brain starts to wire itself in a unique way
>>
>>26428329
What else is there?
muted for being a ghost
>>
>>26428422
Thats the thing.

Scientifically speaking, you have the energy. If you've had a caloric intake in the past 10 days, you literally have energy. Not trying to be Morpheus here, but its purely mental man.

And again, I'm not saying "be hercules". Start with something small. You dont even need to leave the house. Do that small thing for a week. Then maybe expand it. You will gather momentum to throw yourself out of the mental rut.
>>
>>26428371
welcome to life. Kill yourself or get over it.
>>
File: 1433144537833.jpg (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1433144537833.jpg
69 KB, 300x300
>>26428364

DO what? I don't want to DO. If I can't even work up an ounce of energy to do something i'm supposedly meant to enjoy, then what the fuck am I going to do about stuff I don't give a shit about?

You see, this is the massive wall between two different types of people. There's those that just do things because they're expected to. 'LIVE YOUR LIFE XD.' They do this their entire lives somehow.

Then there's those that honestly cannot even fathom the ability to even talk to a human being, or struggle to do so, let alone getting into hobby or sitting down and actually doing something with their lives. They don't enjoy anything so they see no point in forcing themselves to do it, like what's the purpose of it at the end if there's no goal to do so?

I'm obviously in the latter, i'm not AGAINST the former at all in the slightest, it's just fucking baffles and confuses me to no end, and then those people continue to preach and force it onto the others.
>>
I don't want to leech off my parents, but nobody will give me a job and the government won't give me autismbux.
>>
>>26428325
Are you trolling or are you just retarded?
>>
>>26428491
That's the thing. It's mental. I have no control over my actions, wants or emotions.

I have no desire to do anything small. I have no desire to do ANYTHING. I just want to sit, decay and wither away.
>>
>>26428522
>I don't want to DO

you obviously want to do something, Otherwise you would have killed yourself already. Or starved to death. Instead you're just a drain on resources. If you have the energy to whine on an image board and come up with bullshit excuses (muh genetics, I'm a special unmotivated snowflake) you can do fucking something with your life and produce value somewhere.
>>
>>26428423
humans adapt. i have no idea what your point is here. at 22 you are not 13, whether or not you have mommy issues. the conversation is about someone who chooses to be useless on the convenient excuse that ultimately the parents are to blame for that choice. i'm saying it's far more important that the choice is still their own. muh feelings are about as relevant here as an obese dude talking about how mcdonalds is located on the way to work.
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (21 KB, 560x516) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
21 KB, 560x516
>>26428522
I think we are the only type of people who can understand eachother.
>>
>>26428413

Liking or disliking, if you do not want to do something, you're not going to do it unless it's absolutely fucking life or death necessary. It just seems illogical to jump at stuff and do it without your mind or body wanting to do it. The brain is a powerful tool and changes between everyone after all, it controls everything we fucking think and do, regardless of if we think we have the say in what we do.

>>26428493

Yes, and that's my exact point, I do not enjoy life, nor the mentality of putting yourself through shit just because 'that's life'.

I WANT to kill myself, yet It'll fuck my parents up more than being alive, so I can't really win in that department. 'Why do you care, you'll be dead?' Shitty arguement, you're going to care about your parents no matter what unless they really fucking abused you or you're just a complete cunt.
>>
>>26428558
>nobody will give me a job
>nobody will give me muh 200k/year dream job
FTFY. This whole there are no jerbs meme is inane, you faggots need to understand everyone starts from the bottom and make their way upwards. Go learn a trade and I can assure you you'll get a job in no time.
>>
>>26428522
Are you displeased with your current state of being and do you wish to change?

Here's the thing, at the bottom of these conversations is a person who is unwilling to change because of fear. Laziness, biochemical nihilism, whatever excuse you have, the underlying thing is that a deep part of you DOES. NOT. WANT. TO. CHANGE.

So, refer to my question at the top of this comment. Answer it. And if you're not THAT displeased, and you don't REALLY want to change, just say so. It goes a long way if you're just up front.
>>
>>26428609
This. And additionally, joining a new online forum would be a small step I would validate. At least you're getting out there in a way. It is a POSITIVE move simply because it is a move.
>>
>>26428627
If you actually cared about your parents you would do something with your life. Nothing makes parents happier than seeing their children succeed. Instead you're just so pathetic you can't even kill yourself.

Literally all you do is make excuses for why you can't do anything with your life. Have you been to tumblr?
>>
>>26428615
>mommy issues
Are you a girl? If so what does mommy issues even mean, seriously I never got it. I know women throw it at fedoras for some reason.
>>
>>26428256
I know that you're trying to help but its much harder than putting your foot out the door, you have to find the determination to keep your foot there, as well as bring yourself to start walking, which gets much much harder the deeper you fall into this pit. You get to a point where there is nothing out there appealing enough to make you change. Besides, days pass by like their nothing, most of your time is spent sleeping, and life just becomes a dull day by day drone, like a gridlock. Some people do get out by forcing themselves out there, pushing past whatever holds them back, some don't find the power to do so and leech from society, and some dont want to live the way that they do and they kill themselves. We (or I) don't see a better path out there, there definitely is one, but its not something that feels remotely possible, or even worth it at this point
>>
>>26428627
And this is the importance of structure. If left alone, kids will seriously just grow up with no ambitions, masturbating and requiring sustenance from others.

Refer to >>26428635 please.
>>
>>26428609
>Otherwise you would have killed yourself already.
Not necessarily
I fear dying and pain, but not death. If I had the option to disappear, I would take it.
>>
>>26428609

Never once brought up genetics, you're mentally deficient if you think the brain isn't the most powerful thing in our bodies. I shouldn't have to explain how I think or act the way I am, because if fucking top notch scientists cannot explain it, then what fucking chance do I have? New shit gets discovered daily about it, new 'diseases', 'issues' or 'fascinations' that continue to confuse the world or blow their minds.

I've already mentioned multiple times in this thread that I haven't killed myself because it'd fuck my parents up more, regardless of the fact i've made it clear I don't want to do anything with my life, or anything to do with the world. They sadly cling onto the false hopes I gave off as a child, and pray that the medication will have an effect one day.

I've considered myself trash multiple times and hate the fact of leeching, i've worked between multiple jobs that I barely managed to get myself out of bed for, but that broke me entirely after 4-5 years, let alone doing it until i'm fucking 60.
>>
>>26428609
How do u know that I'm not gonna kill myself anyways, I'm just making preparations? :^)
>>
>>26428697
Are you familiar with the phrase "getting stuck in a rut" ?

You know the phrase even "normies" use?

Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>26428296
>Narcissistic as fuck, man.
not the guy you're responding to; but this doesn't wash. the motivation to do something for the sake of others is still motivation. the motivation to do something out of duty is still motivation. narcissism doesn't come into play if someone is completely lacking in motivation to do anything for his own sake, the sake of others or the sake of ideals.
>>
>>26428559
You are a lazy man
>>
>>26428697 I really want to hear your response to>>26428635 as well
>>
>>26428687
I care about my parents, but I care about myself more. Doing something I don't desire would mean I am hurt during the process.
>>
>>26428628
shit i've been applying for jobs as a ceo this whole time, i knew should've started lower on the chain
i'll start applying for jobs as a regional manager instead, that'll fix everything for sure
>>
>>26428723
I know the stuck in a rut one, maybe not the phrase normies use tho. Not sure if it'll help me get over myself, it might, might not. I could just kill myself and be done with it, there's 7 billion people on this planet, I'm sure I could be socially replaced
>>
>>26428256
>Once you break the cycle, you get momentum. I promise.

Nah, you know what really happens? I finish the bag of Cheetos, want to expand my vocabulary, but decide I don't and sleep.
>>
>>26428727
Narcissism is more properly defined as "only being able to understand and interpret the world within the context of yourself and how things relate to you"

Knowing the difference between that and "self-absorbed" goes a long way. Its entirely possible to be narcissistic but self deprecating.

Furthermore, seriously try to conceptualize yourself as a physical entity interacting with other physical entities. Atoms dont need motivation, they just act. Its a bit ethereal, but we're dealing with states of mind here so its fair game. Its a paradigm shift in how you view the act of acting.
>>
>>26428635

Ofcourse i'm displeased in the way I turned out, who the fuck would be happy to be trash? I just don't really care to jump from limbo into hell, to push myself with the hopes of that maybe there's some obscure thing out there that I enjoy and will do something with my life about.

I tried working, I tried studies, I tried medication, I tried hobbies, as time got on all interest died entirely and i've come to accept that i'm scum who has no interest in anything and would rather just not exist. But it's not as easy as that.

>>26428687

Whilst partially true, it also pains a parent to see their child suffer. I'm not making excuses, i've told your feeble little brain multiple times that I don't want to do anything with my life. I don't give a shit about being successful, having a family, being rich, or just getting by for the sake of getting by.

I've also stated i'm trash multiple times, i'm aware i'm pathetic, I just want trash like you wake up and stop living with such a god-complex about yourself, have a little humility mate.

>Have you been to tumblr

Nevermind this was a b8 post, got me good. Screencap it for your friends if you want.
>>
>>26428776
Nobody said it would be easy.

But this is an important thing to remember, and it got me from the pits multiple times:

Just because you are having a hard time does not mean you are a failure.

I repeat:

Remember that.

>>
>>26428772
Everyone in life goes through the "I don't want to put up with x bullshit" phase. You know why? Because life isn't fucking easy. It never has been.
>>
>>26428744
I guess in a sense that's true, there is no motivation, and thus no desire to change. Even though I ask for advice sometimes I always refuse to take it, and just rebut, saying it won't help me. I guess I have reached the point where if I was "spoonfed" the change I would take it, otherwise I'll just sit here and die.

I have given up on life and have no more will to give, but I would take someone's will to change me, if they do more than just give me advice. That's how far down I'm in this rut, and I doubt I'll get the help i desire
>>
>>26427444
save helium because we actually need it. buy a gun instead
>>
>>26428829
Yep, some have the ability to push through, since they see some potential light at the end of the tunnel that they can reach. Some have given up on reaching a light like that, and some may have never had that light to begin with/that light dimmed out
>>
>>26428809
Dude you're tearing me up man, please know that >>26428825 is meant for you too.

Seriously, there is light outside the cave man. Its hard as fuck to get out and barely anyone can just violently blossom out of it. But you dont HAVE to violently blossom out. Find community in places like this, visit some new sites, talk to more people in this comfortable medium you've found and ROLL with it while you let yourself be rolled. Does that make sense?
>>
>>26428825
But I am a failure in regards to every aspect of my life

Social failure: Check
Sexual failure: Check
Academic failure: Check

I'm probably forgetting a few, but you can check those off as well.
>>
>>26428879
>Seriously, there is light outside the cave man.
Enough with the semantics, it's getting old.
>>
>>26428840
Dude, now that you admit that, I want you to know that the solution to that is already standard. Not "family talk time" or that bullshit, but actually getting a sponsor who goes out of their way to develop a relationship with you. This can be requested online (Im p sure) and can actually be supplemented at AA/NA meetings. There are people that would do this for you in a heartbeat man, and I really think you'd dig it
>>
>>26428809
>it also pains a parent to see their child suffer
Definitely a lot less than dealing with a manchild who can't take care of himself

> I'm not making excuses
Proceeds to make even more excuses.

>just getting by for the sake of getting by
kill yourself then. 300 years ago you'd be dead already since all you can do is leech

>i'm aware i'm pathetic
No one cares. Seek attention on >tumblr

>have a little humility mate
I don't pity whiny entitled brats

Again, get the fuck over yourself. I honestly used to think like you 5 years ago. You'll (hopefully, I'm sure you're too special snowflake to think you can change) get over it and realize how immature you sound right now.
>>
>>26428900
Firstly its a metaphor, not semantics

Secondly, Im serious. Its not objective, but there is a way to grasp a sense of self and live a fulfilled existence, even if by custom standards.
>>
>>26428887

You dont get the report card until you're dead. As of now, you're still in the runnings dude. You're in the midst of having a hard time. Saying you're a failure only makes the hard times harder. Really ask yourself if you want to change.
>>
What are we going to do when our parents pass away? We'll be in our 50s with no work experience ever and no skills. It's easy to say suicide but come on, if we're too pussy to get a menial job, we're wayyyy to cowardly to end our own existence.
>>
>>26427444
>helium
>not nitrogen
its like you dont even want to die.
>>
>>26428907
Really? I dunno, I feel like I'm not worth it anyways, ralating to the anhedonia thing, I'll never be able to develop a "passion" for things and be able to stick with it, to flower in that field, to independently expand my knowledge out of my determination. I don't feel like people like me are worth it, there's tons of others who would actually love doing X because they have the ability to actually feel positive reinforcement. I guess I'll talk to a psychiatrist about it, but I really don't feel like its worth it to try to get back in the race. All those younger years wasted, those prime psychological years... Gone, I'll never compare to my generational peers, let alone the ones ahead and behind me.

TL:DR I feel there's a whole bunch of things keeping me chained down before I can try to get out of this rut again, and I don't think they can change, but I might try, I dunno, my mom my force me to the doc
>>
>>26429013
Firstly, fuck comparing to generational peers. The majority of the world isn't a prodigy, so you're in good company man.

You think these things because you're mentality reinforces them, and you have to realize that recognizing this is a GOOD thing, not a reason to hate yourself. This also means that, for the time being, you can not trust yourself for self-worth (obviously). What those programs do is allow you to LEND that ability of constructing a sense of worth to another person. Then soon u will fly like lil' birb
>>
>>26428879

Ofcourse i'm a failure. Shit the one thing I thought I enjoyed I struggle to even be mediocre at anymore, and I spent my years doing it, gaming.

I've come to this place for years, I've been between different communites over the years, but people do move on with their lives, which is why I don't become attached, they've got their own shit to deal with and i'm not going to weigh them down. The difference with this place is it's anonymous, it's a good way to pass time by and just talk to like-minded people, even try to help some who are in less of a rut.

I just can't see there being light, and I don't really want to be a part of a world where people will step on you, spit on you, put you down and gain for their own desire. It's pathetic, selfish and retarded to think like that, but like a lot of people seem to preach to me 'That's just how it is'. There's billions of people in the world, not everyone is going to want to be a part of it.

>>26428931

Not true, some parents are just happy their children are alive. Are you aiming that tone towards those that were literally born unable to look after themselves too?

As you go on down the line you continue to prove how tiny your comprehension and brain really are, 'proceeds to make more excuses', i'm literally telling you how it is, and how I think about things, not everyone is going to be the same as you, wake up.

Why would I give a shit what happened 300 years ago? Are you okay? I feel like you probably don't even belong here, or you're just projecting and trying to lash out on others.

It's okay bud, I get it, I understand, but being a bitter little child on a website you're essentially talking down on people for being on themselves probably isn't the healthiest of ways t go about things.

Sounds like you need anger classes, actually. But then you keep refering to Tumblr, so I can only assume you came from there.
>>
File: The_Shining.png (422 KB, 458x344) Image search: [Google]
The_Shining.png
422 KB, 458x344
>>26428968
Probably this.
Fuck this is original you fuckwit. God, I wish Hiroshima would disable this stupid bot.
>>
>>26426677
It is the responsibility of the parent to take care of their children until they eighteen.

It is the responsibility of the child to take care of himself after that age.
>>
>>26428968
>what is life insurance
>implying you cant get by selling or renting whatever property they left and living in a van for the rest of your days
>>
>>26429124
Then dont participate in that world. Thats fine. But within your own personal space you have the power to construct the way you think the world should work, even if its only in your own room.

Make standards for yourself, your own morality, your own bar. You've failed at it in the past because you've been looking at other systems for inspiration. Why not try enforcing how you think things should be? If that means you stay in, fine. But you can make a clean ship in your own seas dude. The only "light" need come from the light your own reality shines. Invest in the self in spite of the world, then.

But just DO it, dude. Or admit you like the way things are and you dont want to change.
>>
>>26429157
Only americans believe this, everywhere else sons leave as late as 26.
>>
>>26429221
I don't know man. I just don't feel "it" you know? I want to change, but it feels like I can't.

It's so hard to put it into words or express.
>>
>>26429089
Overcomparsion and overanalyzing is a problem of mine. I guess it's good to be this self aware, its better than being egotistical or ignorant, although there's bliss in that. I don't know where, or want help I'm looking for tho, I'm in Canada so I'm not sure what support sponsors they have up here, but I guess I can ask the psychiatrist. My mom doesn't thing I have a mental problem, and my dad isn't the brightest of folk, so things will be tough. I guess I can be best harpy eagle, if I don't get pushed into suicide. U did good today anon, if I do die tho, just respect my decision, Is all I ask of you.
>>
>>26429265
Yea...Leaving at 18 is strictly an American thing. Other places the kids tend to stay until they're married.
>>
>>26429415
I get you man. I wish it was easy, but its gonna be hard to get the ball rolling. But once its out there, everything else gets easier. Shuffling off this mortal coil is never something I'll condone someone for, but its also something I'll never recommend. But either way, you tip those scales and keep that chin up if you can bc I believe you can do it
>>
>>26429283
What I found is that I had to channel that frustration into heedless action (doing for the sake of doing). If nothing else, it wasted enough time for me to circle back to the drawing board.
>>
File: 1414359835941.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1414359835941.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>26426677
>Should NEETS feel bad for leeching off their parents, or is it the parents duty (and punishment) to provide for he who did not ask to be brought into existance?
There was time when I thought of myself as a parasite, then I moved to another city got shitty job and became self sufficient for a while... But the pay was so shit I couldn't do it for long and had to move back. The feeling of being self sufficient was amazing though. Now I don't feel that bad about being a NEET, It's not about job, it was never about job, it's about money. I don't feel bad about not being employed, I just need money. At the end of the day it's all up to whether you're even in position to be picky and lazy, and if so how much you value your time. Those with autismbux or NEETbux have it nice.
>>
File: 1455208374667.jpg (247 KB, 2048x973) Image search: [Google]
1455208374667.jpg
247 KB, 2048x973
>>26426677
It doesn't matter, we're all going to die.
>>
>>26427313
this is the objectively correct answer
>>
>>26426677
I didn't ask to be born in this shitty world. I can't kill myself but I don't particularly want to live, so you can support me for bringing me into this decaying shitheap of a world.
>>
>>26426677
I don't care anymore i tried i failed (still trying to get out) They have two options kick me out and let me die or shoot me i don't care either way. If somebody came in here and was going to kill me i would let them...penis injury has left me lifeless i would welcome death.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.