[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Escapism #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 087.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
087.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
Anime, video games, books, films, manga, music, daydreaming, etc.
These things are the primary focus of our lives and our only reason to continue living.

Why do we pursue these things instead of wageslavery and interpersonal relationships?
Is it only because our own lives are so shit compared to others?
Is reality going to be shit for us no matter how much we achieve?
Why are we so prone to depression anyway?

It's worth noting that even the most accomplished, Chad-tier normalfags sometimes kill themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapism

If you have any interesting links related to the subject, post them.
>>
Solitude itself is my main escape.
Food too, I guess. Good thing my metabolism is extremely high, I eat at least 3000 calories a day.
>>
File: 1431478251074.jpg (82 KB, 704x796) Image search: [Google]
1431478251074.jpg
82 KB, 704x796
I'm losing my interest in vidya. Using animu as a replacement. I'm not sure if it'll be a good replacement since a few of the ones I've watch recently made me feel bad. What do you guys suggest I do?
>>
>can't find anything I want to play
goddammit I just want SOMETHING
I haven't really played much for a good month-ish and I want to drone out in a vidya
too bad I've played most popular MMOs too and everything is currently shit ;_;
>>
>>26424930
I've been meaning to check out Creativerse.
Maybe you could look into that.
>>
File: strange.jpg (65 KB, 831x465) Image search: [Google]
strange.jpg
65 KB, 831x465
>>26424908
Toradora or Denkigai no Honya-san
>>
File: stoicsilence.png (80 KB, 1233x336) Image search: [Google]
stoicsilence.png
80 KB, 1233x336
>>26424737
Same here, I used to eat almost non-stop all day

More recently since I've been out of high school a few years I stopped eating most meals

I only eat dinner and on occasion lunch, too nervous to go out and buy anything in person and I don't really have a reason to be afraid but I can't bring myself to fucking do it

Pic related, I feel more and more like this is becoming me now that I lost the few friends I had in high school

I'm not really sad or depressed, I just want to be alone in a blank room with a bed and a desk/computer that I can play vidya on

Maybe start working out on the bare, grey carpet just to keep my body from withering away while I stare at the white wall trim
>>
>>26424965
Never been into Minecraft or its clones. Thanks though.
>>
>>26425047
>Maybe start working out on the bare, grey carpet
This is a lot harder than it sounds.
Motivation is immensely important in regards to exercise.
You're going to feel stupid and depressed trying to do sit-ups on the floor of a dark, empty room.
I know I did.
>>
>>26425103
Perhaps try Sonic Generations or Battlefield.
>>
I'm a wagwslave, but I still spend most of my time gaming and listening to music.

I'm not sure why I don't spend the time improving myself. Laziness? Incompetence? Mental illness? All I know is I just want to turn off my brain and game
>>
File: 153623645745.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
153623645745.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
>>26425178
Probably gonna need weights or some shit then

I would die from mass spaghetti ejection if I ever crossed the threshold into a gym
>>
>>26425255
Maybe you think reality will be garbage for you no matter how hard you try.
>>
>>26425482
Probably. And reality may still be shit whether or not I try, but it's easier for me to not try.

This frustrates me, but not enough to do anything.
>>
I read something in a book along the lines of "to feel the ultimate happiness, you have to feel the ultimate despair". Maybe it's the reverse for chads and normies? Maybe it's like a vaccine. If someone hasn't experienced a shot of what's bad in life, they'll be dying from it later. What do you guys think?
>>
>>26425047
>I just want to be alone in a blank room with a bed and a desk/computer that I can play vidya on

this so fucking much

i just want a one bedroom flat/apartment that's quiet that i can sit in and read/browse the internet on but to be able to afford that i'd have to work 40 hours a week on minimum wage (i'm from england)

does anyone have a guide on how to get on autismbux? a few years ago i wouldn't even think of faking autism to get money but now i see just how fucked society is as a whole and i don't care
>>
I don't know what to do. Fucking off to the woods to live alone doesn't actually help in any way. You have to still occupy yourself and do things which is what I'm trying to avoid so much. I don't get what the fuck compels me to sit in this hole so much.
>>
>>26425611
"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."

- Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.