[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently made some progress in my life (eating better, dressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2010-07-12-15h25m05s183.png (237 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2010-07-12-15h25m05s183.png
237 KB, 608x448
I recently made some progress in my life (eating better, dressing better, started wagecucking after years of being NEET) but there's this part of me that just wants to quit and fall back into NEETing because I feel like I'm so far behind where I should be. How do you guys deal with this?
>>
this is not a dream, WAKE UP and LOOK OUT
>>
Just do what you think makes you more happy. Your adjusting to society's expectations when you dont have to
>>
>>26407047
The tortoise would never have finished the race if he focused on what the hare was doing. Go at it your own pace.
>>
>>26407088
No. Fuck this. NEETing isn't sustainable.
>>
File: 48lawspower.jpg (28 KB, 494x700) Image search: [Google]
48lawspower.jpg
28 KB, 494x700
>>26407134
The hare would never have lost the race if he hadn't decided to slow down and take it easy.

If you're not getting ahead, you're falling behind. Never stop pushing.
>>
>>26407047
>made progress in life
>started wagecucking
How is this progress?
>>
>>26407526
I started my diploma program at 30. I was the oldest person in the class by 5 years; there were 17 year old straight out of college talking to me like I was fucking ancient.

> Being older than everyone was a huge advantage.

I wasn't afraid of the teachers; I was a customer, they were employees. I knew how to manage my time; if I couldn't do an assignment, I didn't. If I was too tired for a class, I didn't go, and used my time to rest or study at home. I worked twice as effectively as the kids trying to do everything 100%, or the ones who focused on tiny things and missed the big picture.

> I graduated three years ago.

Before graduating my highest paying job ever was $14 an hour. My co-op job was $17, and my first job after graduating was $24 an hour; it's now $28 an hour.

In short: Go to school, finish your program, get a job, and your life will be better.
>>
>>26407047
Good job anon
What do you by feeling behind?
Just go at it at your own pace but keeping pushing forward
If you go too hard you will burn yourself out and regress again
>>
>>26407592
hey i deleted that comment wanted to remake it but forgot bout it.

thx for your reply though, i see, very informative.
>>
>>26407047
Anon, don't give up! That feeling will go away in time, and you'll look back and be happy you didn't become a NEET robot again.
>>
>>26407592
You're awesome, man. Mature folks in college always make the best leaders of study groups in labs and physic/math/engineering courses.

I probably wouldn't even have transferred to a decent school and be en route to my master's if it weren't for olderbros. Always handing out life advice and perspectives like it ain't no thang.
>>
>>26407047
just stick with it. the hardest part is taking that first step, which you've done.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.