[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Constantly daydream about being creative genius everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Unknown.jpg (8 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8 KB, 298x169
> Constantly daydream about being creative genius everyone wants to interview
> Afraid that unless I become famous, my death will go unnoticed and I'll be forgotten

How do you all escape from your everyday lives?
>>
Never understood the need for a legacy
I'm gonna be dead. Why should I give a solitary fuck about what people think if I literally don't exist anymore
I dread the amount of regret that's gonna hit me right before I die. I hope I go quick and unexpectedly.
>>
I'm in a similiar boat and to be honest, there's no escape from it. Those daydreams are part of your motivation, regardless of how unrealistic the scenarios may be. My recommendation would be to dump all of your available time into whatever your craft is. Just roll with the punches, keep pressing on with the life you envision and maybe some day you'll get some of that glory. You only live once. Don't be one of the many that wastes theirs
>>
>>26407031

Because that gives the impression that you mattered. David Bowie made music, and he will be remembered forever, yet people have tried to change the world, and we have no idea who they are. Plus, it's the idea that you don't truly die until you are forgotten.
>>
>>26407093

Thanks. I hope the same for you.
>>
>>26407112
That's not what meaning is you weak collectivist faggot.
Also you can't forget yourself, you will always exist until you die. Barring any weird memory loss bullshit.
>>
File: 1448453171686.png (724 KB, 682x508) Image search: [Google]
1448453171686.png
724 KB, 682x508
>>26407031
Some people have such a big ego that they feel the need to want to be remembered, when at the end of the day, you're right. Literally nothing matters.
>>
I daydream about being a philosopher. I don't really want fame, but I want to make a contribution of some kind.
>>
>>26407548
Why?
Once your dead, it literally can't matter to you.
>>
File: merrily merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
>>26407548
Do you know anything about philosophy?
As a kid I was always helpful and a goody-two-shoes. I don't care much anymore. Trying to better the world seems like giving food to an anorexic, they aren't going to eat it. If I want anything Itd be philosophical answers. There probably aren't any though and I won't live long enough to make any headway. Second wish then I guess would be to develop immortality as the most roundabout way of doing philosophy. I can't find answers if I'm dead. It would be ironic though, most days I wish I didn't wake up.
A legacy doesn't appeal to me at all but I can see some desire for it. It's a goal outside of living for the moment.
Also, is Camus the best existential answer we got? There's Nietzsche but if you lose interest in whatever you choose you are back to square one
>>
>>26407242

It has less to do with ego and more like feeling people actually care.
>>
>>26407595
He's been brainwashed to want to contribute/invent for a society that rejects him and ridicules him.
He's the type to believe that his working for a company is benefiting society when in reality, society would do just fine without him and his work.
>>
>>26407242
>nihilist
>athiest
>me and hopefully everyone on here
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.