[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. Anyone interested in having a Robot Thread tonight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10
Hey guys. Anyone interested in having a Robot Thread tonight? Ask questions, learn a little, talk shit, etc etc.
>>
these are 6 axis motoman weld robots. We use both motoman and FANUC robots in our plant. We used to have an old Motorola robot but I never got to learn that one. The teach pendant looked like an oversized game boy advance.
>>
motoman material handler. These things are fuckhueg
>>
>>26403263
I meant Panasonic not Motorola.
>>
Welding up some GM front suspension cradles.
>>
motoman teach pendant. this is what's used to 'teach' the robot programs, as well as controlling the robot and manually moving them. motoman pendants can control up to 4 robots from a single pendant (maybe more but we only do 4)
>>
Well I guess no one is interested in my robots tonight.
>>
I worked at a car factory plant over winter, and had to do a job on the second floor above these massive Hyundai robot arms. huge ass things.
>>
>>26404336
Why did you quit? What job were you doing? Production or outside contractor or what?
>>
>>26404021

Please continue my man and tell me more about This passion of yours
>>
>>26404484
not so much a passion, its my line of work. don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it's no passion.

this is the underside of the weld fixture. they are on an axis that lets them flip over, to weld the bottom. has proximity switch cables, auxiliary power cables, devicenet cables, air lines, and the valve pack. (boxes with red lights)
>>
>>26404580

What kind of things do you "teach" to your robots? I mean, what are the limitations?
>>
>>26404633
all we do is material handling and welding, but you can do a lot more than that. using the pendant you can teach it to move to different points, close and open the grippers for grabbing parts, weld, etc. there was a guy on DIY who made a thread where he bought an old motoman and was turning it into a fuck robot with pocket pussy and dildo...

anyways, moving on to the PLC (programmable logic controller) you can then have the robot wait for certain inputs to be on, which will tell it to do certain things. I.E. having an input that tells a power supply to turn on, that is connected to an electric chain saw on the end of the robot, then the robot moves down from point A to point B cutting through a log. really, the possibilities are nearly limitless.
>>
>>26404633
here's some program lines. I'll try to explain some.

LOOPFILL is just a label if it goes through this loop and none of these conditions are made, it hits the JUMP LOOPFILL line and jumps back to the loopfill label. I can't remember what IG stands for right now, it's near the end of my shift. but at lines 12-18 it's saying if universal input 213, 217, etc are on, to jump to the label in the program, which then starts running from that job instead of the job select loop.
>>
>>26405127
this is the IN/OUT screen showing the inputs that it is waiting for, for it to run a program. these inputs are turned on or off by the PLC when all conditions are met.
>>
>>26405127
It's actually looks pretty cool

I always loved robotics when I was a child but sadly I never followed through :(
>>
>>26405152
forgot image. and fuck, got muted. derp.

next pic will be of a PLC ladder.
>>
>>26405194
this is a PLC ladder for one of our operations. this is actually for a piercing unit, and what needs to be where for it to start running. (green bar means on)
>>
>>26405184
it's not hard at all m8. how old are you? a lot of factories have apprenticeship programs, and a lot is learned on the job. I started as a temporary employee, got hired full time and went to a team leader position and worked alongside maintenance to learn. I just recently got into the apprenticeship program.
>>
>>26405282

I'm 20, but I'd like to make it a hobby, not a full time job
>>
>>26405340
ah I see. expensive hobby. there are the small little robot kits I think though. if you are in or going to go to college just take a level one robotics class and a PLC class. a basic electrical class would help too
>>
>>26404770
Bruh
Need dat archive link
>>
>>26405405
don't have it anymore man. he did a video with a fucking chainsaw arm on it cutting a box lol

ask on DIY I'm sure someone has it.
>>
>>26405382
I'm in med School, but I plan to have a degree in Physics to work with MRI and such.

Which kits do you think of?
>>
>>26405405
here fucker lol

http://4chandata.org/diy/6-axis-SEX-ROBOT-a796974
>>
>>26405519
I honestly don't know what they are called but I thought I had heard of a small diy robot kit before.
>>
>>26405559
crap that's not the full thread.
>>
>>26405592
I'll try to check it out, thx pal
>>
>>26405622
I guess when you graduate and get all those student loans paid you could probably afford to buy your own 6 axis robot lol
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.