[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop loving her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How do I stop loving her?
>>
You'll probably want to have a conversation with >>26398694 considering you both made very similar threads.
>>
love someone else

yourself
>>
>>26398707

>Realize that you're only obsessing over her because of whatever need she filled, not because of who she actually was
>Find some way to fill the need without her

Are you lonely? Make a friend. Are you horny? Jerk off. Are you sad? See a therapist. Bored? Play video games.
>>
>>26398771
But I'm fucked, physically and mentally. She was everything I couldn't be. She wasn't perfect, but she was excellent
>>
With time all unrequited love fades away. Imagine your feelings as a bonfire. More you see her and get to interact with her positively, more fuel she adds to your flame. If you see her not, flame extinguishes and all that remains are embers. Sometimes those embers catch fire if you meet her after a long time of not seeing her. Sometimes they become less than embers. Personally, all of my innards are half alive embers.
>>
>>26398854

What was so perfect about her? Be honest. Maybe we can get to the root of the problem if we know why you're putting her on a pedestal.
>>
>>26398854

How are you fucked up physically and mentally?

>>26398857

This guy has a point except for that last sentence. Less contact and more time spent doing other enjoyable things will generally cure breakup blues.
>>
>>26398881
I guess it was her body, her personality, but also the fact that she went out with me. I thought she was outside my league, but when she said yes and was as excited as me... she saw the great in me. She made me feel great. That's it really.
That and the fact that she was great, so it was like a compliment on your swimming form by Michael Phelps, not any fucking shitstick that could verbalize thoughts. I have a girl now, but I've never felt so lonely
>>
>>26398921
I mostly forget about all the women I had feelings for, but sometimes when I meet them I can understand why I liked them and I get the feels. Other than that, its just 'embers' and apathy that comes after the realisation that it will never work.
>>
>>26398921
I've got some skin issues, nothing major, and the standard depression that comes with thinking you're better than everyone. I'm only fucked up in the sense that I don't appreciate myself
>>
>>26398707
You need a hobby to distract yourself from the feels. For me it was making balloon animals. I fucking love balloon animals.
>>
>>26399034
I already do things. The issue comes with thinking of her, and regardless of what it is that I'm doing then, it completely loses its flavour.
>>
>>26398965

Stop meeting with her then. You'll forget about her soon enough.

>>26399003

Most people have skin issues so that should be fine.

>standard depression that comes with thinking you're better than everyone

What? Elaborate?

>I'm only fucked up in the sense that I don't appreciate myself

This contradicts that last sentence.
>>
>>26399065

Do more things. Fill up your day with memories of new people. Make sure you're going outside and doing things you enjoy.

>thinking of her.......loses its flavour

That's normal after a break up. It's okay to feel sad about it. Just don't dwell too much. Give yourself time. In 6 months you won't even care.
>>
>>26398954

>body

What did you like about her body? I bet you can find someone with a similar body.

>personality

Be more specific.

>the fact that she went out with me

You said you have a girl now though so why does that make this other girl special?

>thought she was outside my league

Why? What qualities did she have that you think you don't?

>she saw the great in me

You need to learn to see the great in yourself

>she made me feel great

No you chose to be in a more positive mindset when she was around. You can choose to do that with the new girl and when you're alone.

>She was great

What made her great? What made you hold her in such high regard? Why is she Michael Phelps and not just another person trying to float?

>I have a girl now

You can't be all that bad if you already have another girl. Why not start appreciating the new girl?
>>
Tell us the story between you and your ex.
I was in the same spot as you but on a smaller scale a while ago and I'm almost out of it. I took the period where I was depressed as an opportunity to push through the pain I was feeling and to concentrate on constantly improving.
I am now a much much stronger version of myself than I was prior to meeting that broad. It's all about creating the positive from the negative my man.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.