[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how does /r9k/ make friends? At least one of us has to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 1424740227964.jpg (480 KB, 2000x1503) Image search: [Google]
1424740227964.jpg
480 KB, 2000x1503
So how does /r9k/ make friends? At least one of us has to have the answer.
>>
>>26390984

>find extrovert
>make friends with them
>mooch off their circle of friends
>make one of them gf
you now have a friends and a gf and you really only made friends with one person.
>>
Some chick sits next to me in class and she started talking to me one day.

Now we're friends.

It's not that hard honestly.
>>
I don't tbhl. Second semester in Uni, still no friends.
>>
>>26391035

do you live in a dorm? how the fuck is this possible? how do people not at least to go lunch with their roommates/suitemates?
>>
>>26391059
I've been working at the same grocery store for two years and still don't know all the names of the people in my department.
>>
>>26391059
I do live in a dorm.

Roommate eats too slowly and we have nothing to discuss.
>>
I just be myself and people gravitate towards me

Emotional defects prevent me from dating however
>>
>>26390984
Are you in school/college? I just talk to people in the same class as me and if they like me we'll talk outside of class and be friends.
>>
>>26391035
Same.

>>26391033
Man it'd be nice if someone sat next to me, never mind talked to me of their own accord. I have to force myself to initiate conversations and even then I can barely handle it.

No I'm not fat, or a neckbeard.
>>
>tfw you feel closer to people you only know online than your real life friends
>>
>>26391059
Man me and my roomate were friendly inthe room and shared interests and we still never ate together. Like who invites their roommate to go eat? That would be totally gay.
>>
>>26391123
I know that feel. Think I have more friends in Eastern Europe through Skype than I have friends I have met.
>>
If anything I wish people would leave me the fuck alone
>>
>>26391080

you're going to have to learn to make befriend people in captive environments sooner or later. when i go to lunch with a group of co-workers... sure some eat slow as fuck or talk about boring stuff, but it's worth it to maintain the connection... so i don't become an isolated fag who thinks he's better than everyone else.
>>
>>26391111
I just talk about the work or task at hand for the minimum necessary to avoid embarrassing myself. I can easily go days without speaking to anyone other than family members.

Going out for a drink for a relative's birthday soon, there's gonna be normies there and so I'll probably end up looking like a complete autist.
>>
>>26391169
If there is nothing to discuss, then there is no connection at all.
>>
>>26391141
>Like who invites their roommate to go eat?

as opposed to sitting by yourself in the dining hall? like half of all on campus students eat with their roommates several times a week (usually as part of a larger group).

>"Hey we're grabbing lunch... you coming?"
>>
>>26391170
Idk maybe because my school is relatively small, you're kind of forced to talk to people and make friends because everyone's more likely to notice one guy who's always left out. That's not to say I dont like talking to anyone at school most of them are a good laugh
>>
There are multiple ways such as:
Be in college and be smart so people will crawl to your door for help.
Be in college and be handsome.
Go with some people to a party univited, if you are uninvited the social norm is that you must bring shitload of booze(not cheap) then proceed to get drunk/stoned to the oblivion. Chances are that you will actually talk to somebody out of pity or because they enjoy auto destructive people.
>>
>>26391169
>so i don't become an isolated fag who thinks he's better than everyone else.
I don't think that. Believe me I'd love to be capable of talking for hours of end.
>>
>>26391191
sometimes there is something to discuss but because neither of you made the effort, you assume there's nothing to talk about
>>
File: 124323613289.jpg (33 KB, 491x404) Image search: [Google]
124323613289.jpg
33 KB, 491x404
>went to /soc/
>found a normie in my town
>figure I have nothing to lose
>hang out with him and smoke weed and watch anime
>go out to normie places like clubs and parties with him
>mfw this was 3 years ago and he's been my best friend since

Why doesn't everybody here do this?
>>
I'm well liked so I always have people try and be my friend. There's one problem though I tend to not like people.
>>
>have normie roommate
>his friend comes over to visit
>says he wants to start going to gym
>say me too
>we go to gym together
Only have one friend though and no gf
>>
>>26391265
Because your autism is far milder than most others here.
>>
I draw
>>
>>26391265
Ngl I'm not that stuck up usually but the thought of meeting up with someone on 4chan seems like rock bottom for me. You do you and all but i'd feel like a bit of a loser
>>
>>26391317
You draw your friends?
>>
>>26391264
We did make an effort to though, we just have nothing in common and his lack of care for his classes and history annoys me.

>he didn't even realize that we were taking two different history courses after I was talking about our unit on Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt for ten minutes and he was learning about the Constitution
>>
File: can'tdodgetherodge.jpg (83 KB, 1159x744) Image search: [Google]
can'tdodgetherodge.jpg
83 KB, 1159x744
>>26391265
>clubs and parties
That is why we don't do this.
>>
>>26391327
I was a lot more of a loser than him at the time. 4chan is normie central anyways
>>
>>26391332
I start doodling or just making up random people and drawing them and people are like "woah that's a cool thing, whats your name"
then I draw them
Then they become my friend even more
it's pretty easy
>>
>>26391364
It's not really that bad as long as you stick with your friend. Everybody else is going to be drunk/high.

Elliot could have managed going to a club if he wasn't clinically insane.
>>
>>26391432
>everybody else is going to be drunk/high
That is the problem. Drunkenness is detestable.
>>
>>26391432
If you get drunk yourself it's easier to talk to people and you'll probably end up having funny stories to tell later
>>
I don't
Sometimes I wish I had friends but then I overhear friends talking to one another and remember that there is only a tiny percentage of the population I could ever get on with.

On the bright side I think being alone makes you stronger than a person with friends in a few ways. Not that I'm denying the blatant advantages of social connections.
>>
>>26391458
Today's my first day on /r9k/ so just wondering, is alcohol/getting drunk a "normie" thing? If so why? Is it to do with it being a social thing
>>
File: alcoholic.png (280 KB, 452x710) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic.png
280 KB, 452x710
>>26391512
Getting drunk recreationally is. If you are doing it to drown your sorrows, that is different.
>>
>>26391458
Ah I see, you're one of those /pol/tards who calls everyone who has fun a "degenerate"

Afraid you're a lost cause m8
>>
>>26391244
Mine's pretty big but I don't think it being smaller would help much really. I think I'm too mentally broken to have friends.
>>
>>26391538
Don't go on /pol/ m8.

And I wouldn't call impairing your thought process """""fun""""".
>>
>>26391569
>what is moderation

There is a broad zone of enjoyment between sobriety and impairment
>>
>>26391587
That's not what people do at parties though.
>>
>>26391569
And here we see a classic example of the

"Stop liking what I don't like" Turbo Autist

He believes that anyone who enjoys things that he doesn't enjoy is stupid. He believes this as a result of multiple factors, most importantly the fact that his bitterness has tainted his worldview. There is no hope for this specimen, he shall surely not survive the winter.
>>
>>26391625
People just like to let their hair down. Usually you can't drink 5 beers and dance like an idiot but at parties you can. It's how people like to let off steam. Some people can do that with or without alcohol but just because some people like to drink doesnt mean there's something wrong with them
>>
File: 1285550517171.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1285550517171.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>26391625
Okay pham

Where I see friendly people and easy girls, you see something "detestable"

Don't know what to tell you m8, your pessimism knows no bounds
>>
File: potato9k.png (215 KB, 1231x853) Image search: [Google]
potato9k.png
215 KB, 1231x853
>>26390984
I don't.
>pic related
>>
File: 1450126965754.jpg (44 KB, 461x550) Image search: [Google]
1450126965754.jpg
44 KB, 461x550
>>26390984
Just *pic related* urself, my friend! :DDDD
>>
File: sadinsurgent.jpg (47 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
sadinsurgent.jpg
47 KB, 700x525
>>26391675
The thing is, I can't understand why someone would want to. People have explained to me what they find fun about being drunk, but I just plain don't get it, it sounds like it would be miserable, and then you are miserable in the morning. And since I hate being around drunk people, it is only logical that I avoid venues containing places there will be many of them at.

Plus, these places typically have loud noise coming from multiple directions, which causes me to have panic attacks.
>>
>>26390984
I introduce myself to people and talk to them. Most people aren't used to being cold approached, but unless you're ugly, they won't mind.
>>
>>26391742
Stop listening to the normals ITT
Your problem is that you want less normalfag friends but those kind of friends have usually known each other since early school and have little interest in trusting newcomers into their tight knit circle.

I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>26391688
this desu pham

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>26391788
Your dubs confirm this as truth.
>>
>>26391664
He's like those guys you see on r/iamverysmart
>>
>>26391664
>wanting friends who enjoy what you do = autism
Are you retarded?
>>
>>26391742
>you are miserable in the morning
Sounds like the idiots you talk to don't know stay hydrated. I've gotten drunk a fair amount (15+ times) and never gotten a hangover bc I always drink enough water
>>
>>26391059
>try to start conversation
>don't really have anything in common
>awkward silence
>now eat alone
>>
>>26391934
it's more like
>I dont enjoy something so everyone who does is dumb
Dont think it's really autistic as it is retarded. He's making a really biased assumption that what he likes/dislikes is what's normal/logical and uses his own viewpoint as some sort of compass to judge people with
>>
>>26392011
No, there is no such thing as objective morality (barring the will of God), but I detest the action because I see people doing stupid things while performing it, so I don't do it, and avoid people who do those things.

I have to go to class now, then do my scholarship work, so hopefully this thread will not die until I get back, but it probably will.
>>
>>26392057
what looks stupid to you is fun for the people involved. so get involved
>>
>>26391973
>don't really have anything in common
This is where you fuck up. Stop trying to make conversation revolve around you and your hobbies. Ask about the other person. If you feel like you're asking too many questions, then you start blabbing about something semi related that comes to mind.
>>
>>26390984
Doing productive social activities
Working
Doing some sport
Hell even Yoga and you can meet peopleo who aren't assholes.
>>
Start doing drugs. Druggies aren't too picky about company.
>>
>>26392131
I can confirm this. It's how I survived high school
>>
File: test.jpg (107 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
107 KB, 499x700
>>26391973
it's not that hard to have a fucking conversation...

www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf
>>
>>26390984
Get a hobby. If you genuinely need tips, I can provide some :/
>>
>>26392080
If it is not fun to me, why would I get involved?

*have like 10 minutes of spare time before scholarship work, so posting here in the meantime
>>
>>26392111
I already do that and still end up coming across as pathetic.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.