[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you were more intelligent and perceptive as a kid than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1414218666372.png (496 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1414218666372.png
496 KB, 633x758
>tfw you were more intelligent and perceptive as a kid than you are now
>>
It's called depression. It fucks up your brain and makes your former mastermind merely a shadow of its past self.
>>
>>26386943
I once thought that as well, but I realized that I was just accumulating mental trauma year after year so being more perceptive near the beginning would make sense
>>
>>26386965
Yea find a way to fix it and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

I took a nice self healing journey and cut back on everything raping my dopamine and now I have the greatest urge to modify things. I'm diving back into my old hobbies too.
>>
>>26386965

How the fuck do you get out of it. I went on antidepressants, not even SSRIs and they made me braindead.
>>
>>26386965
yeah I know. But it gives me really really bad feels.
it's like I live in a world where everything is artificial , like a showroom suburb
>>
>>26386943
I used to have philosophical thoughts as a kid and thought I was special for having these thoughts
it was probably just my narcissism
>>
>>26386996
Everything probably is artificial

We can shape the universe us you with programming and circuit boards
We can create shitty universes within our own with Polygons and textures

I can happily coexist with chocolate so I dont question our universe. I'm happy with my chocolate.
>>
I can't enjoy anything now because everything seems pointless and less interesting.
>>
File: 1435426277715.jpg (24 KB, 490x586) Image search: [Google]
1435426277715.jpg
24 KB, 490x586
>>26386943

>tfw you were more friendly and outgoing as a kid because you haven't learned how mean people can be yet
>>
>>26386943

You know how everyone told you that it will get better? How once you get a degree and a job everything will fall into place? How you just need to be yourself and good things will happen to you?

it's all a lie
>>
File: don-cries.png (211 KB, 485x274) Image search: [Google]
don-cries.png
211 KB, 485x274
>>26387042
I walked past my kindergarten before and I was overwhelmed by memories of such rich experiences. Everything in life was so fucking fascinating and wonderful. The smallest things. Playing the drums, a new instrument for the first time, looking at the moon and wondering how something so magical could be real. What happened? what the fuck happened?
>>
>>26387076
We grew up, man.
>>
File: chase.jpg (54 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
chase.jpg
54 KB, 720x537
>>26387043
I just look back on my photos as a kid and how happy I looked. My grandmother only had one photo of me and it was when I was at my happiest, somewhere around 5 to 6 years old. Then I developed the long emo hair and stopped opening my mouth to smile and trying to do the closed mouth smirk with dead eyes.

>tfw will never have girls chase you on the playground again as an innocent kid dreaming of your aspirations
>>
>>26387076

Well, by this time we're supposed to be overwhelmed by shit like having a child and getting promoted to an important job, and we all know that's never going to happen.
>>
>>26386965

or maybe we burned twice as bright in our younger years and now the flame has gone out in half the time
>>
>>26387109
I was happiest around 6th grade, before I moved schools and the bullying and social isolation set in.
>>
File: me_irl.jpg (8 KB, 204x248) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.jpg
8 KB, 204x248
>tfw for 2 weeks I actually broke out of depression, probably for the first time in my life
>tfw my mother dragged me back down
I hate you.
>>
>>26387213
I don't think anyone can drag you into depression but yourself
>>
>>26387213
What did your mother do?
>>
>>26387243

No, other people can be genuine shits who worsen your mental disorders.
>>
>>26387168
Or maybe the flame wasn't really burning at all. It was just an illusion created by your young and naive mind.
>>
I though i was alone on this one...I feel like i was so fucking smart, expecially the last year of high school...Now i feel like i'm retarded, failing uni and such...I would like to be smart like the good old days...
>>
i quit making an effort to be smart but for a good reason:

>am male
>white
>4'11"
>120lb
>one eye
>highly myopic
>hearing aids
>severe hearing loss
>speech impediment

i used to have such passion for music, writing and history. in 3rd grade my mom fought to have me skip a grade because i had scored so high on standardized tests. now i could give a fuck less and just stay home all day every day except to get weed. i moved to cali just because i kept getting ripped off when trying to get weed in my home state. i was in a band, but bandmates considered me a social liability because of my utter retarded existence. so i sold all of my instruments and now just play minecraft or euro truck simulator 2 all day inbetween naps and pasta and long hot showers.

at least most of you are still socially viable.
>>
>>26388043
fuck dude. I'm sorry
>>
>>26386943
Were you also kind of cynical with a twisted sense of humor?
>>
>>26388492
>Were you also kind of cynical with a twisted sense of humor?

well, yeah. i grew up on pee wee herman and had unfettered access to HBO and Cinemax. Grade school me knew every line, every scene of Temple of Doom.
>>
File: wojak.png (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
9 KB, 645x773
>>26386943
I was much more eloquent when I was 13yo than I am now, nowadays I stutter all the time and sometimes people don't even understand what I'm trying to say at all
>>
>tfw younger self was retarded and had no self awareness
>spend everynight cringing
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.