[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Had a 92% average in Freshman and Junior > Currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1454179826762.png (25 KB, 248x274) Image search: [Google]
1454179826762.png
25 KB, 248x274
> Had a 92% average in Freshman and Junior
> Currently an 18 year old Senior with 96% average
> mfw was really lazy Sophomore year and got 80%

How badly is this going to fuck my chances of getting into a good college?
>>
>>26358910
subtle brag thread?
original
>>
>>26358910
Jokes on you, none of that matters. How many people do you know that can hook you up with a job? How good are your family's connections?
>>
>>26359069
The averages I had were considered mediocre by my Asian friends and my own parents

Especially during Sophomore yeat
>>
File: srpic.jpg (75 KB, 654x441) Image search: [Google]
srpic.jpg
75 KB, 654x441
Bro just fuckin apply to a big state school that has a good program for your major of choice

I got into ASU's engineering college with a C- in chemistry and i'll be going there next year

In fact should be doing a paper right now....haha....someone motivate me
>>
>>26359122
Surely life has meaning otherwise getting into an ivy league wouldn't be a problem right?
>>
>>26359227
Ivy league schools are for people with government connections. State schools are for people with normal upper/middle class connections. Community colleges are for peasants who will suffer no matter what.
>>
why would u wan tto go to college?

its undefaultable debt that skyrockets by 3 to 4 TIMES thats 300 to 400% if u miss ONE payment

also u waste years doing nothing and learning nothing

also u will probably learn about white priveledge and be surrounded by SJW monkeys

honestly ur best bet in life is just make money online, be a neet or move to some asian sountry, preferable sea
>>
>>26359285
What are you talking about. Community colleges are good place to get you prerequisites from, because no one actually cares about prerequisites. And it saves you a ton of money.
>>
File: 1454902042600.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1454902042600.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Will my transcript suffer badly from Sophomore though? I literally have nothing to show other than my grades.
>>
>>26359406
This is important to know please help
>>
Going to fail two subjects, is it possible to learn enough in 3 and 9 days to pass?
>>
File: ComradeButterfly.jpg (217 KB, 926x853) Image search: [Google]
ComradeButterfly.jpg
217 KB, 926x853
>>26358910
I did very well first two years of HS, but I have minor brain damage that severely impacts my mathematics, so when I took pre-calculus Junior year, my poor grade in it caused me to have a mental breakdown and develop Irritable Bowel Syndrome (caused by muscle spasms) from the stress that really fucked up my life tbhf (I wasn't in the room for half of the ACT, so I only got a 21 on my first try, but once I got meds I took it again and added ten points to score, but my GPA was fucked regardless).

I like the uni I go to anyway though; there is only really one better one in the state, and it is like 6 hours away from home and is a party school, so I wouldn't have a good time there.

>still get excruciating abdominal pain in the morning
>live in constant fear of shitting self
>>
nice humblebrag you flaming faggot

>tfw 2.2 gpa
>>
>>26359774
Where I live my averages are considered garbage by my peers just because of the 80

This is why I made this thread; I'm a nervous wreck
>>
>>26359900
Fuck you. I fucking hate you and your humblebrag "oh jeez is an A- OK?" because not only do I have friends who actually did work as hard as they can and still barely pass, and I mean C average, but because I was also like you. Guess what shithead, you're going to grow up and realise that you're actually not that smart. You're not going to get into that university, or if you do, you won't have enough money to pay for it. Know why? Because you didn't work as hard as the other kids. Yes I am projecting, but fuck you, I know your kind. So enjoy your lazy-smart humblebragging while it lasts. Stupid bitch.
>>
>>26359900
norcal here, and I am too. I just don't give a fuck what they think, I just laugh along with them.
>>
>>26358910
well i know the ucs only look at your middle two years idk if i other schools do that

or they used to back when i applied

so 92 and 80 means you're probs not going to berkeley
>>
File: FoolofaTook!.jpg (194 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
FoolofaTook!.jpg
194 KB, 1600x900
>>26358910
>> Had a 92% average in Freshman and Junior
>> Currently an 18 year old Senior with 96% average
>> mfw was really lazy Sophomore year and got 80%
>How badly is this going to fuck my chances of getting into a good college?

First of all, it's just like any other hand of poker, what you win with it depends on how you play it. You can turn it into a positive. Argue that you dabbled in irresponsibility but you've grown and matured and you're ready to GET SERIOUS now.

That's your tactic.

Second of all,

>>26359122

This is so fucking true and you need to really wake the fuck up and grasp this new reality. It isn't 2005 anymore.

It ain't even 2015.

And if you've walked through your whole life with your eyes closed and your mind asleep, WAKE UP NOW!

Because if you don't have some guaranteed connections to help you after you graduate, you'd better buy yourself some kneepads and figure out whose dick to suck. And that's not a joke.
>>
>>26359406
>Will my transcript suffer badly from Sophomore though? I literally have nothing to show other than my grades.
oh i rescind my previous post, why do you even care you're not the kind of overachiever who would get into an really good school anyway so just do whatever tf you want and go to whatever rando school you want to go to it doesnt even matter
>>
File: 1453404318127.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453404318127.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
guys, dont worry okay

because when it comes to academia, all is right in the world

the bad students get rewarded for failing at school because they dont get any undefaultable debt. they dont waste years in school doing worthless mindnumbing work for NOTHING

they dont get worthless degrees and have their jobs taken by niggers and H1B visa imigrants

they just usually neet and enjoy life

wont worry about op, he is one of those kids who thinks he is smart and thinks he's hot shit and laughs at the kids who cant do well in school

well op, there are millions of kids like you who go into the meat grinder of "higher education" only to come out of it jobless and 5 to 6 figures in debt

and you unironically believe u need a degree too

honestly being bad at school was the best thing to ever happen to me. because that way i didnt get any debt besides dropping out of cc, but its only like 7 or 8k in debt

im telling you op 100% does think he's hot shit, but just wait until he has no opportunities and a wasted life with his little dawgwee

and u can believe he will 100% go to uni because his tiger parents will kill him if he doesnt
>>
>>26361471
What's amusing is that by the time he graduates with ANY uni degree, AT LEAST 2.5 years, his parents may very well find themselves unemployed and unemployable because the entire global economy has collapsed.

This kid's going to go from fuckin' whatever bullshit economics 101 course to sharpening a stick to try to catch fish.

But I don't want to laugh at him too much. judgment is coming for us all. And even the best prepared may not survive while the least prepared may, by dumb luck, survive without a scratch.
>>
>>26358910
>Grades
>Mattering
Kids these days. Also 96% in high school ain't shit nigga. I slept my way to that. Just wait until your teachers don't have to fear failing you in CC.

Also network or you're gonna be fucked.
Source: I'm that H1B fuckhead who is stealing your job right now.
>>
>>26360100
Actually you're basically 100% right. The most valuable skill is work ethic. The desire to succeed trumps all natural talent.
>>
>tfw 1.6 GPA in high school first semester and like 2.2 average
>tfw got into Berkeley cause of le community meme and my free 4.0

Normies and their Bs man.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.