[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily hobo/bum/hermit/hitchhiker/trainhop per thread When are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: mccandless.jpg (138 KB, 790x513) Image search: [Google]
mccandless.jpg
138 KB, 790x513
Daily hobo/bum/hermit/hitchhiker/trainhopper thread

When are you leaving?
>>
>>26349446
i would hitchhike the country if i had the balls
>>
eh, i lived in a lot of homeless shelters since i was 16, hopped from one to another, because its better than living with my parents and i hated them anyways

now im on bux and i live comfy

being homeless is better than living in shelters desu, as long as u can survive the winter its all gucci
>>
>>26349503
I have a feeling ur Dutch
>>
>>26349446
whats the fucking point? life on the rails is dangerous and bleak, security has tightened considerably since even 5 years ago. It's 2016. Cops are brutes who'll do anything to you if they catch you, let alone the crazies that train hop
>>
>>26349470

I would hitchhike this country if this were any year prior to 1990
>>
>>26349547
This.

Fucking the 2000's onwards.
>>
>>26349531
it wouldn't be an adventure if it wasn't dangerous
>>
>>26349614
you been watching 2 much disney m8
>>
>>26349503
What kind of places did you sleep in while homeless?
What did you do all day?
How did you get food?
>>
Don't you guys get robbed pretty much all the time?
>>
>>26349627
no, it's the truth. i think YOU have been watching too much disney if you think about disney after reading that.
>>
can you hitchhike and trainhop in the EU?
>>
>>26349665
ive only seen toy story m8. and nice projection, just admit you have an entire vhs collection of didney movies
>>
>>26349695
>he doesn't have all the classic disney movies on vhs
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>26349530
russian jewish

>>26349628
uh i was never actually homeless, i just lived in a lot of youth homeless shelters

most of the day id jsut goto the library and game and watch youtube shit. this was back in like '06 '07

they feed u in the shelters, but its crap mostly

they kick u out of shelters if u dont do anything. like they force u to work, and if u admit to working they FORCE u to give them ur money in their "safe" otherwise they kick you out

fuck that shit im not trusting u niggers with my money, i worked for that shit. they honestly treat u like animals

being on bux in infinitely better than shelters tb h
>>
>>26349692
european railroads don't have bulls so you don't have to hide inside grainers.
also, no FTRA yay! (american trainhopping gang that is known to rob and kill other trainhoppers)
but stay away from hotshots (high priority freight trains)
you'll go to jail if they find you on a hotshot

haven't hitched much in europe, but it's doable.
people there aren't familiar with hitchhikers so people will look at you weird and waiting times are long.
exept in france, france is the best. definitely check out paris. that place is hobo paradise.
>>
File: belly.jpg (90 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
belly.jpg
90 KB, 700x565
>>26349855

train hopping to a meet up was literally the only cool thing a redditor ever did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fObBxEkBEQ8
>>
File: 1418057864188.png (302 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
1418057864188.png
302 KB, 828x1403
>>26349446
I wish I could become a drifter but I like comfy too much
>>
>>26349895
lol dude looks like scott pelley
>>
>>26349849
I just assumed that you had done both when you said that being homeless was better than being in a shelter.
>>
>>26349895
and thats why i want to travel alone
>>
Come on guys, homeless stories, Greentext, this is a perfect thread for oc, get in here!
>>
if you buy a fishing pole, and you find a place with alot of fish, can't you just fish all day and basically live off fish? it's great protein
and then maybe steal some corn or something from a farmers field for veggies

you can easily find bait by vibrating earth and then picking the worms.
and drinking water is no problem at all. literally walk into a public bathroom, and fill a gallon jug at the sink and you're set for the day.
>>
>>26351162
You can even get free french fries and you'll have a complete meal; fish, fries, and corn

I've seen bums walking around with a trashbag full of french fries all the time. I think they just ask for leftovers at McDonalds.
>>
>>26351214
>trashbag full of french fries
that sounds disgusting
>>
File: slabcity.jpg (250 KB, 800x620) Image search: [Google]
slabcity.jpg
250 KB, 800x620
slab city
>>
>>26351426
Hey man, free food. Plus french fries are delicious desu
>>
Currently living in my car at Walmart parking lot.

It is ok, just kind of lonely. Even though I never had any friends.
>>
slab city at night

who said the hobo life cant be comfy?
>>
File: Slab-City4.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Slab-City4.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>26351590
forgot pic

hahahalookimbloxposting
>>
>>26351426
>Not wanting a large plastic bag full of lukeworm worthless salt and potato

You've never once actually been hungry before have you?
>>
Sometimes I just feel like being homeless. Not the begging type, but just to go off and do things, not having to be chained down by day to day problems.
>>
>>26351894
so why don't you just do it? too much to let go?
>>
>>26351894
You still need to find something to eat each day. Would you eat from dumpsters or how would you do that?
>>
>>26352961
read >>26351162 >>26351214

food is pretty easy to come by
if you're lazy you can go to supermarkets and restaurants at closing time and ask for leftovers or food that is about to expire.
also churches and homeless shelters give away free food.
>>
I would, but I like showers, beds, and desktop PCs too much to give up the sedentary life. if I could save up enough for a camper van and some solar panels I might do it, but otherwise no
>>
>>26353094
you just gotta let go of the materialistic life
you have to learn to appreciate the world

and besides, you love trains so much right? you would make a great trainhopper.
>>
>>26349593
>>26349547
I'll bite. Why can't you hitchhike past then?
>>
>>26353198
they weren't even born before 1990. they have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>26351607
fucking christ

this looks like an absolute nightmare
>>
I would rather go to India or the Americas on a tourist visa and stay there illegally
I've been seriously thinking about doing this. I'm sure I could find a job in a restaurant or construction
What do you guys think about this? I would really like adventure in my life
>>
>>26353374
i want to do this in america aswell.
what happens if you stay in america illegally?
>>
>>26353472
you become a gardener or construction worker for pennies

vamos vamos
>>
>>26353472
You don't have to pay taxes, get a free education, a guaranteed job, and lots of liberal sympathy.
>>
>>26353490
>>26353509
i mean as a white european
>>
>>26353560
You gotta hurry up my man
We're gonna build a wall pretty soon
>>
>>26353472
I've read into this and you would get banned from entering America for a certain period.
I think it's like 10 years or something. But you should know there are about 11 million illegal immigrants in America.
So you wouldn't be a dot on their radar unless someone reports you to the authorities maybe.
Most people only get caught entering the country illegally. You shouldn't have a problem entering on a tourist visa and overstaying.
I wish we could get into contact and we could do this thing together so I at least have someone to talk to.
But you probably have a better chance of making it without anybody knowing of you motives. Good luck to you my friend
>>
>>26353147
not really stealthy or agile enough though. if I die on the rails, some poor track maintenance worker is gonna have to scrape up my remains
>>
Man, I'd totally want to be a slave.
Just think about it, you don't have to think about your future, your worries aren't your own anymore, you get food and shelter and you wake up everyday knowing what you're supposed to do. No more rat race, no more worrying about your mortgage or trying to impress your friends, you just do your thing and someone else has to think for you. Sure, there's a risk that your owner will buttrape you and that millions of people during history would have traded with you gladly, and pretending like this is a reasonable wish in life is basically insulting their memory, but hey, I'm dissatisfied and too lazy to actually take control of my life and instead dream about something different.

This is how you guys sound, btw.
>>
>>26353684
>You shouldn't have a problem entering on a tourist visa and overstaying.
you mean getting a 3 month visa and then just staying there forever?
are you able to get an appartment or food stamps or something if you're basically illegal?
and what happens if the police finds you and you got no ID to show them?
my main goal is to just live like an outlaw but i do want a backup plan in case shit goes wrong

i would like to talk to you actually
>>
>>26353916
You should avoid any contact with law enforcement. Use public transport instead of a car for traveling
As long as your passport is valid you could probably just id yourself with it and tell the officer you're on vacation
Without a good reason they won't run your info through their data system
Obviously you can't get food stamps and you could maybe rent a place from a landlord but it seems risky
>>
>>26354541
what about just legally becoming a citizen? how hard is it as a european?
>>
>>26353830
>This is how you guys sound, btw.

That's an entry-level job experience in the west. /r9k/ is also full of NEETs who hate their lives but not enough to put themselves in that situation, or have tried to anyway and are too fucked in the brain to hold it down. And by fucked in the brain I mean they probably are, but not so much to know it's a bad deal
>>
>>26351474
>>26351607
Fallout NV might be comfy vidya but it would not be comfy irl
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.