[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw everyone will forget about you the moment you die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1380924096337.jpg (37 KB, 604x694) Image search: [Google]
1380924096337.jpg
37 KB, 604x694
>tfw everyone will forget about you the moment you die
>>
>>26336678
well look on the bright side:
>>
It's almost as if life itself has no inherent meaning at all.
>>
>>26336678
People still remember jesus, buddha, mohammed. And they've been gone for thousands of years. You can do it too if you apply yourself.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 300x259
>>26336771
>People still remember jesus, buddha, mohammed

Yeah, as cult leaders.
>>
>>26336798
No that's what some people remember them as. And nobody cares about their opinion anyways, nothing that ever comes out of their mouth is positive or feel good.
>>
>>26336771
>People still remember other people that changed the world forever
whoa, shocker
>>
>>26336678

The universe will forget about humans when the entire species dies.
>>
>>26336915
yes its crazy what a person can achieve when they aren't in it for the glory
>>
>implying that's a bad thing
>implying your life matters
>>
>>26336678
It doesn't matter in the end. All is dust - regardless of what your standing in life is or whether people celebrate or mourn your passing. Time will see that all are humbled. Even stars die. So do not fret about how you are remembered or if you aren't at all. Life is fleeting and all is dust.
>>
File: 1450155065014.jpg (24 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
1450155065014.jpg
24 KB, 317x432
Death is only the beginning.

In the mean time, fear G-d, and guard His command for this is your whole being.
>>
>>26336678

I've always been nihilistic but I really do sometimes hope that there'll be something more when I die. I probably won't have my conscious regardless thus it won't be anything more than a dream to waking reality..
>>
>>26337072

Didn't mean to double post my period and look like an autistic faggot.
>>
>tfw you will forget everything the moment you die
>>
>>26337087
The fact that you bothered to make a reply to correct yourself makes you look more like an autistic faggot.
>>
>>26336678
Congrats you just discovered the primary reason your parents conceived/birthed you
>>
>>26338168
their name and genes dies with me, so they failed anyway
>>
>>26336678
You say this like it's a bad thing. The following comment is origional.
>>
>>26336915
Incidentally, they were literally worse than Hitler.

Well, not Jesus and Muhammad, possibly. But Siddhartha's schizophrenia about reality only existing in the mind has definitely crippled the world to a degree from which WWII- and Cold War-propelled scientific advancements are only beginning to restore it.
>>
>tfw most people have forgotten you already
>>
>>26338413
For those accusing me of mental illness as usual, just have a read through the man's Wikiquote (because he doesn't deserve a better source):

>Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
>It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.
>Those who cling to perceptions and views wander the world offending people.
>Radiate boundless love towards the entire world -- above, below, and across -- unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.
>The root of suffering is attachment.

And that's just a selection from 1/5 of the page.

If suffering -- ordinary, physical and emotional suffering, not some crappy imaginary religious kind -- were measurable, he would have probably caused more of it than every single human being ever. Thank God he was unaware of what he was saying.
>>
>>26338470
(If you STILL don't understand, imagine a mother telling her bullied kid, 'don't be so absorbed with your bullying, leave the bully be, focus on your own attachment instead, focus on your own life instead of dwelling on others', understand (for once) the implications of that, and then multiply it 10,000,000,000 times.)
>>
>>26338470
(In other words, death is only successfully staved off by people who fear it. No scientist would ever burn with the desire to unlock immortality if we all just 'lived wisely' and stopped fearing it. This should have been obvious. The man's delusional 'teaching' have kept millions of people from desire to improve their lot. I must not forgive the suffering he's caused.)
>>
>>26336678
For some reason I like this idea. The thought of a bunch of people crying at my funeral makes me really, really uncomfortable. I'd rather have no funeral at all and just be forgotten about.
>>
>>26338413
>>26338470
>>26338579
shut the fuck up you mentally ill faggot
>>
>>26338534
>>26338579
(In short, he was just short-sighted: he recommended the populist solution, the way for the *individual* to feel good, to anaesthetize oneself, and sure, on the individual level, it 'works', one isn't bothered by suffering anymore, but it totally wrecks the social, common level -- because people who work, stressed, so to fulfill their own egotic desires, such as to avoid something or win something, improve the society along the way -- because improvements and inventions are being made, and those tend to be shared. It's a tragedy that he didn't have the modicum of self-awareness to realize that, but it's an even bigger tragedy that none of his followers had it either.)

>>26338622
Typical.
>>
Not true. I meditate a lot and through that I have realised that I am connected to the universe in a fundamental way. No-one is forgotten.
>>
File: 1443759070398.gif (2 MB, 243x316) Image search: [Google]
1443759070398.gif
2 MB, 243x316
>>26336860
Get out normalshit
>>
File: 1454708291576.png (471 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1454708291576.png
471 KB, 680x510
>you will forget about everyone and everything the moment you die
It was all for nothing after all
>>
>>26338693
But the universe has so much fucked up shit going on
Being connected to it is a scary thought
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.