[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you quit society yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: mccandless.jpg (138 KB, 790x513) Image search: [Google]
mccandless.jpg
138 KB, 790x513
Why haven't you quit society yet?
>>
Because I don't want to die.
>>
>>26325867
no good alternatives
>>
Not enough money saved up yet
>>
>>26325883
You can survive without society.
>>
>>26325917
you don't need money if you're outside of society.
>>
>>26325931
'Can' is the most overused word ever.
>>
>>26325867

But I already have, OP.

I make it clear that people bore me, I make it clear that clubbing and all the norm activities bore me, and I tell people that I spend my weekends reading, gaming and drinking.

No drama, no disappointments, no hangups.
>>
>>26325867
Because I am weakling and would die without societys safety net.
>>
>>26326080
he means becoming a hobo and living in the wild or with other hobos/trainhoppers/hippies/degenerates
>>
File: benny 2.jpg (57 KB, 400x407) Image search: [Google]
benny 2.jpg
57 KB, 400x407
>>26326080
>weekends
>wagekek
>reads
normie
>games
ultra-normie
>drinking
Right that's it
>>>/facebook/
>>
>giving up neetbux
are you retarded?
>>
>>26326115

Ahh. My bad.
>>
>>26326115

I'm likely to become a hobo soon. No idea what I'm in for.
>>
I'm pretty much outside of things now, retired early as of last month
>>
>>26326123
>reclusive neetdom is considered normie
go fuck your dakimakura then you pathetic poser
>>
>>26326180
where do you live currently?
>>
>>26325867
because I don't want to accidentally eat poisoned plants then get pounced on by a bear which can sense my weakness
>>
I lived on a ship for a while and had a fantastic time reading nothing but the one newspaper we pick up the day we leave harbour for weeks at a time with no internet, phone connection and rarely electricity. It's a good life and 100% better than my wagecuck life now but leaving society behind tends to be a solo effort and other than short treks in the mountains alone. Life is better shared.
>>
>>26326191

South Carolina ( Though, I have money to travel if I wish)
>>
Because I can't find a way out.
>>
>>26326345
ah damn. i'm in europe so i can't hitch in the US.
>>
>>26326507

Tell me your European Hitchhiker stories
>>
guys how can i go off the grid and not die from starvation or die in the winter. dead serious too. and can i live on conservation property because where else can you bee deep in the woods
>>
>>26326312
Tell more about your life at sea.
I used to work on boats (electrician) but I've never been to sea. Always wanted to, though. Leave my life behind.
what kind of ship? what was it like?
>>
>>26325867
watched that movie today, was pretty good
>>
>>26325931

Just like McCandless did, right?
>>
>>26326544
i haven't hitched yet. i plan to leave for the rest of my life though.
>>
>>26326591
yea living in the middle of nowhere in alaksa while eating stuff that fucks you up is a bad move. it's doable.
>>
File: NEETblueshade.jpg (108 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
NEETblueshade.jpg
108 KB, 409x409
>>26326656

I feel you bro, The domestic life isn't for me either. Can't stand being a wagecuck anymore.
>>
>>26326656
i bet u'll be crying hard when ur freezing and starving
>>
>>26326709
how can i be a drifter/hitchhiker if i live in a place that is like half country half suburbs? i want to be able to wander around the country my whole life but it all comes back down to how to get food and hygiene
>>
File: raymears.jpg (110 KB, 468x446) Image search: [Google]
raymears.jpg
110 KB, 468x446
>>26326591
u 'avin a laugh m8
>>
File: neetbucket.jpg (86 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
neetbucket.jpg
86 KB, 409x409
>>26326851

I have money saved up from wagecuckery ( Though It won't last forever, I expect 10 years or so)

The US is built for wanderers, mainly due to its size, but also due to the variety of locations. We have mountains, rivers, coasts, deserts, national parks up the ass etc.

Food is something you'll have to manage through begging. Can you play guitar? Harmonica? if you put on a show it'll push your chances of getting a euro or two. Europe isn't a place I'd want to be a hobo. You have Thousands of refugees competing for living space. You'll be put at the end of a bread line to collect anything.
>>
>>26326115
To be honest, people like that depress the shit out of me.
>>
>>26326545
Go to Eastern Europe is my guess. You'll be found eventually in the US. Plus Eastern Europe is nowhere as developed. Go deep in the woods and find a place to call home.
>>
>>26325867
becuase I don't know where to go, and also realize I can't survive without toothpaste, skin care products, and internet..
>>
>>26325867
I have no friends, no gf, 30 years old, all i do is work in silence, come home and shitpost. it could be argued i have quit society already.
>>
>>26326914
i have around 6k saved up, i want to get a bike and a bike pump, bookbag, couple pairs of clothes, pocket knife and other things and set out. i just dont want to have to beg for money, is there anyother way to get it? i dont know very many wild plants that are edible except chickweed and its small and tastes like shit. and i cant play any of those but i can play a drum machine lol
>>
>>26327048
You sound like a loser. I hope you die in the wilderness.
>>
is it possible to just go to the US and just be homeless there as a european?
>>
Just remember, the magic phrase when bumming money is "Excuse me, would you be willing to give me a Dollar if I promise to pay it forward some day? I am really down on my luck right now..." Having a dog also helps a lot.
>>
>>26327105
the thing is that you also have to feed your dog
or can you just let your dog eat grass or something?
>>
>>26327048

You're in a tough spot, anon. No one said being a hobo was easy.
>>
>>26326080
That sounds boring
>>
>>26325867
I'm THIS close to heading for alaska
>>
>>26327221
Ive been telling that to myself for 2 years now. Sometimes I wonder how many weary 20 somethings they get up there, locals must look and laugh.
>>
is it hard to get food and water?

i guess you only need about $10 per day to stay alive. what's that like 3 hours of begging max?

and most hobos have a drug or alcohol addiction. imagine how much food you can buy if you don't do drugs.
>>
>>26327221
>>26327310
why alaska specifically?
i know it looks awesome out there but it's the last place i would go if i was a hobo. i'd go somewhere like slab city
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpPmT7S4zHE
>>
>>26327323
>is it hard to get food and water?

Water? No, food? Depends, you can live off Friendly donations if you're not a druggie. Some supermarkets will hand over expired goods if you ask politely. Shelters and food kitchens will frequently give out sweet morsels.
>>
>>26325867
Is the book worth the read?
>>
>>26327393
I wouldny necessarily need to be a hobo all the time. Id probably get a seasonal fishing job
>>
>>26327508
sounds good

working for 3 months, and then living on the road for the rest of the year with some emergency money
>>
I found a work good enough to be a excuse for begin alone, don't have friends, avoid relationships with cute girls and drink alone every weekend.
>>
>>26325867
Because i almost did it once.

I took enough stuff to live a week in the country. i walked to town which took me 6 hours. i cried a bunch of times on the way there but i pussied out. and went home.

i like my bed. i like food and warmth. i like shitpostin on 4chins.
>>
>>26325867
He died though.
>>
>>26327809
i'd rather die happy than living a long horrible life.
>>
>>26327809
It's not a retreat to the wilderness McCandless was looking for. He didn't set out to survive a few months then return to the comforts of his suburban home. He very well intended to live out his days in the wild, in a way you could say he was suicidal. But I think it was more, he most likely had specific understanding of nature and wanted to become absorbed by it. I haven't reread the book in a while but I remember from what we learned of him, he was a very introspective guy and spiritual.
>>
>>26327934
He didn't die happy, he died sick, starving and exhasuted, probably terrified and cursing his decision.
>>
>>26328340
Jon Krakauer writes that McCandless' Alaska trip was likely his last before returning home and maybe writing a book.
>>
File: 1.jpg (470 KB, 918x689) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
470 KB, 918x689
>>26325867
tried it for a bit but the loneliness and missing normal things like a bed and warm water got to me quickly. I feel bad for McCandless, starving alone is a pretty horrible way to die but even more so considering he must have spent every moment thinking about how wrong he was and the life he could have had
>>
>>26328441
>He didn't die happy
>>
File: 46564.jpg (136 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
46564.jpg
136 KB, 800x400
>>26325912
Why not become amish?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.