[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /asu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png (84 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png
84 KB, 2000x1333
any robots in az?

what are your top tips from going az noob to az pro

from neet incel couch potato never-camped-in-his-life

to master arizona palo verde outdoorsman with encyclopedic knowledge of all the cool places in any az town
>>
>>26311802
Arizona is a state full of tweakers, crackheads, drug dealers and basically people who are trash. We occasionally have midwesterners who are rich live here though in rich neighborhoods. You want to avoid this state at all costs, very high crime. I'm lucky to get out of here in 20 days.
>>
File: luv16-2.jpg (165 KB, 878x268) Image search: [Google]
luv16-2.jpg
165 KB, 878x268
Cum to mesa I'll fuk u up
I'll fuck your boi pussy

Pretty please, I want to fuck your boipussi
>>
>>26311836
youre perfectly describing tempe and the youth scene in prescott

i agree, everything looks like it was built in the 80s, even the places they say are experiencing growth

everything is sand and gravel themed

ugh
>>
>>26311844
The freaks live in Mesa. People high on meth and looneys roam the streets who want to talk to you. This guy right here is probably some creepy 30 year old bald drug addict white guy.

>>26311873
Tempe is alright but you gotta be rich to enjoy the city really.
>>
>>26311900
>>26311900
>gotta be rich to enjoy
What's the definition of rich, I mean is it like Reno, NV where "rich enough to enjoy" basically means $50k salary? I get the feeling it's not an expensive place to live.

The West Coast (no commie, bro) has my heart but AZ has always captivated me in a strange way. I'm a tradesman, not some McJob worker, btw (Oregon gets a lot of 18yo hipsters who think they'll get a job at a local coffee shop and fit right in, so I am in the habit of throwing that relevant bit of info out.)

Tl;dr pls persuade someone with borderline /pol/lack views from moving to AZ
>>
>>26312013
If you are going to ASU know that it is a liberal college. They even have posters posted on doors saying 1/5 of women will get raped in college. Arizona is like the wild west, it has a very high crime rate. If you are going to ASU just don't ever live in Mesa or Pheonix. Stick to Tempe or Scottsdale, preferably Scottsdale. I don't know if you will like it but you can give it a shot. Again just know that this is a border state and there are a lot of freaks on the streets. People high on drugs, who are delusional. People who went to ASU, a lot of them saying they are glad they got out of Arizona immediately after getting their degrees. Just do a google search. Learn. And again this is the wild west, people out here are crazy.
>>
File: david-full-front.jpg (9 KB, 322x600) Image search: [Google]
david-full-front.jpg
9 KB, 322x600
>>26312077
Yeah its super liberal, but i think that is amplified in undergrad and stupid majors. All my fellow grad students (engineering) are ultra-neocon, nearing /pol/ levels

we have to maintain these views to stay sane

i ride the light rail into school every day and can confirm all the insanity. the people on the streets here are a different level of screwed up than any other place ive lived

strangers arent nice
>>
downtown phoenix here

I'm not an outdoorsman by any means, so I can't give you any tips there

I can give you some stuff to do, places to check out in the phx valley

Tempe around the ASU campus is exciting, obviously you know that. best coffee shop in Tempe is Cartel. there are three types of Tempe kids: regular university kids, Scottsdale/SoCal rich kids attending ASU, and hipsters. hipsters in Tempe are split between pretentious judgmental SJWs and interesting people who make art. there are actually some great local bands and stuff like that.

food around Tempe

breakfast
>chick fil a (biscuit sandwiches are great)
>harlow's (americana diner on university and hardyish, good comfy spot for working class ppl)
>d'lish (drivethru healthy shit, solid breakfast sandwiches)
>normal diner (probably best food overall)

lunch
>some sandwich place on Mill tucked away behind underneath the vidya bar that's really fucking good, forget the name
>fucking chuckbox for burgers
>el pollo supremo next to cartel

dinner/late night
>in n' out burger, open 'til 1 AM, 1:30 on weekends
>la bocca pizzeria (fancier)
>not really much late night

Downtown Phoenix

>welcome diner (open 'til 2 AM every night, except closed on mondays)
>matt's big breakfast for breakfast
>phoenix public market (just north of downtown campus)
>jobot (open 'til midnight weekdays, 24 hours on monday)... it's a coffee shop that serves good food too
>giant coffee
>lux coffee
>clever koi
>grand ave pizzeria (open 'til 4am every night)

If you're in the mood for some fancy ass food and shopping, go to old town scottsdale

Idk I could type more, we'll see if the thread is still alive
>>
>>26311844
I'm in Tucson, come fuck my bp
>>
>>26312077
>>26312134

I agree that there are a lot of crazy people here, but that goes with any major city man

The problem with the Phoenix valley is that you basically need a car if you're going anywhere and wanna get there comfortably... everything is SO spread out, and the areas concentrated enough to wanna be on foot are very small, we're talking like 4 blocks in Tempe and a very small downtown area. getting groceries out here fucking sucks

But if you have a car and a safe place to live, I really don't see anything particularly wild about life out here

Then again I am fairly reclusive
>>
>>26312169
youre a winner

thanks senpai
>>
>>26312077
>ASU
Again, I'm a tradesman. Construction apprentice. Very much blue-collar.

And that's some great insight, I'm fine with le 420s xdddd but tweakers and professional criminals make me feel real unwelcome. Knew drug use was high, didn't know general crime was that bad though. Isn't it practically legal to shoot people for looking at you the wrong way?
>>
>>26312261
for sure. forgot to mention the following Tempe restaurants: Cornish Pasty, the vietnamese spot all of the Asian kids hang out at university and rural (very comfy), Crepe Bar (a drive, but very good), Culinary Dropout (owned by local corporate restaurant chain called Fox... good if you have money or if your parents are visiting or something).

also, people seem to be a big fan of the fast food restaurant Raising Canes for tendies. it's on university and rural.
>>
>>26312261
and one other thing, since you're apparently an ASU student... definitely hang out and play pool at Barrett. I met one of the best friends of my life doing this when I was at ASU.
>>
>>26312366
>Isn't it practically legal to shoot people for looking at you the wrong way?
No. And if you work construction and plan to come to Arizona then I'm certain that you will work alongside with tweakers, and crack addicts as well as mexicans because that is what they do out here. Yeah dude we have the mexican drug cartel out here selling hard drugs on the streets everyday. This state isn't a joke, it's a border state. You can't shoot people for nothing like in any other state and I've never really seen someone open carry before in the valley. well maybe once. That is more like in Tuscon and Casa Grande near Mexico where people walk around with guns.

But yeah the smell of weed is everywhere is Tempe. Expect to smell chronic at least once a day, that disgusting skunk weed. There was a drug dealer who sold weed at my tempe apartment complex just a mile from ASU campus right by mill ave.

Tweakers will try to ask you for money at gas stations and make up a BS story.
>>
>>26311836
I'm a midwesterner who lived in Arizona throughout my high school years and it was pretty shit. Lived in a fairly rich neighborhood full of old people and assorted snow-birds who decided to retire in AZ, but that didn't stop my house from getting broken into at five in the fucking morning; literally when it was almost light out. Who the fuck does that? Anyways, though, it traumatized me and I'm really anal about hearing weird noises at night and I see shadows out of the corner of my eye and shit. That, and I still have the reflex to check behind the toilet for scorpions, despite the fact that I moved to California.

Also, many of the Mexicans and natives in smaller towns were overtly hostile to hwhite people. What a shitty fucking state. I almost went to ASU, but I'm so glad that I moved. ASU was full of wannabee Californians who couldn't afford an out-of-state school in California. Not that California is much better; it's shitty in its own ways.
>>
I'm stuck in the shit fest of Buckeye, someone come save me!
>>
>>26312674
That sucks, I've been to Buckeye once - there's not anything there. I'm in Tucson myself, its pretty boring here but I like hiking and the cost of living is so low it's easy to live here.
>>
>>26312169
gr8 post thanks familia
>>
Downtown Phoenix campus here OP
>>
>>26311836
basically this

Not much to do in az, really just a ton of drugs and lots of camping.

Here in flagstaff I have Native American dudes ask me for money literally every single fucking day. I want to move back to Gilbert but even that place is a depressing shit hole

Fuck this place
>>
>>26311802
Tempe ASU campus. Live on Broadway. Not a robot though, more of a failed normie/Chad-lite
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.