[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasted teenage years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: 1441137072441.jpg (26 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1441137072441.jpg
26 KB, 480x502
I'm 19 and i my last year of Swedish high school. I just realized I'm not gonna be a teenager or a high school student for long and I feel like I completely wasted these years.

Holy fuck this is the worst I've ever felt.

What do I do? Any robots can relate?
>>
Try being [insert age here].
>>
File: 1448051244123.png (8 KB, 381x381) Image search: [Google]
1448051244123.png
8 KB, 381x381
im 18 (19 in two months) but i never did anything all teenagers shouldve done so i feel like a fucking failure and hate myself, no friends no gf ever, not good at anything never done anything exciting future isnt looking bright end my life.
>>
>>26305871

That's funny, I was just thinking today that if I was European I would've probably had a gf in high school and been more of a normie because of a strong shared culture. Guess that's not true because being a loser is apparently universal

Start working out and sign up for college. If you don't go to college, don't become a NEET.
>>
Turned 18 this year, last year of high school and I am increasingly just not going. No friends throughout, did bare minimum, started college application process but just gave up because there's so much fucking red fucking tape for christ's fucking sake and I just didn't care enough to cut all that fucking bullshit. I never did the stuff you see in movies, and there was a time when I kind of wanted to, but I don't care now. I accept my identity as a robot, and I'm proud to be a fucking loser. Don't dwell on it, OP.
>>
>>26306057
Thing is, I want all of that typical teenage shit. I kinda just didn't do it because I felt like I would be a teenager forever. I'm having a really hard time moving on.
>>
>>26305932
Strong shared culture is a meme. There really isn't any as long as you're not part of some strict religion or tiny group of people.
>>
File: 1439419243818.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1439419243818.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
I'm in the same position as you OP and I'm making a bucket list of things I wanna do before I graduate. I hope that will make it easier to accept that I'll have to become an adult.
>>
>>26306159
Coming to this board helped me feel better about social inexperience. I am genuinely proud to parade my status as a robot. If I work my way towards normie status, I'll live with that, too, but I have no intention of becoming one overnight or making a concerted effort. I have, the latter. It was shit. Just know that you're not getting any younger, and that's just the truth. You just won't have 16 year-old innocent romances or crazy nights at high school house parties or first times with drugs and sex and juvenile adventure.

Maybe that's depressing, and I can see why. But you're still young. If this is what you want out of life, at least for the time being, I don't condemn you. You won't get some experiences ever, but there is plenty of time for a fuckton of them. Go out and become a chad, bro. Go to a college and make sure you get a solid social circle going right off the bat. Get to some parties and live it up.
>>
File: fun.jpg (81 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
81 KB, 500x493
I'm 29 and I've wasted both my teens and my twenties. No work AND no play. The pain I feel over wasting my teens is nothing compared to the pain of wasting my twenties. You can still avert that. Don't be me.
>>
>>26306247
>You just won't have 16 year-old innocent romances

oh fuck that hit me so hard. that's literally the only thing I want from life.

I wanna go baaaaack.
>>
>>26306295
What do you regret not doing in your twenties so I can maybe avoid your mistakes?
>>
The only thing I miss from being underage is the possibility to fuck someone's shit up and only ever do very little time, no dirty records.
Oh, and no one giving you shit for being jobless.
>>
To be honest, your teenage years don't officially end until you're 24, that's when you're too far in and have too much accumulated life experience to be a "kid" anymore.
>>
File: 1454049084023.jpg (12 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
1454049084023.jpg
12 KB, 332x332
from norway, never been to a party, spent all my time besides school isolated, made no friends, no gf, nothing. And because of depression I fucked up and have to spend time fixing some grades which means I can't go to university before I'm 20. Jeg relaterer til deg min svenske broder!
>>
>>26306356
Not studying and working my ass off in order to start fixing the shit hand I've been dealt.
But perhaps this is not your problem and all you've got to do is put yourself out there more.
>>
I'm 18 and going away to college soon. I'm hoping that being away from the comfort of my own home and around people of my own age will turn me into a well-adjusted person instead of the mess I currently am. Will it get better robots if I try really hard to make friends or is college more cruel than high school?
>>
>>26306247
But being a robot is so dope man
>>
>>26306407
lol, even worse that you're from norway
all those 10/10 blondes with tight bodies and innies that you never fucked
this coming from someone in a country with lots of hotties, but still khv
>>
>>26306415
I think I just have to do more social experiences, no matter how shitty they turn out because I'm a literall autist.

I've done far too much studying already.
>>
>>26306329
Well, you won't have it, so get over it. I feel you, man. Just move on.
>>26306435
Nah it isn't, and it's not like I'm some autistic edgy fuck who would rather be a robot and thinks it's cool because it's abnormal and counter-cultural. I wouldn't; it's fucked me completely. I've wanted to kill myself more times than I can count; I still do. But I've owned it, mostly owing to the knowledge that there are so many others in almost identical circumstances. I'm comforted by how relatively common my condition is.
>>
>>26305871

High school is only 4 years. Wait until you've wasted your 20's like me, then you can cry, you little bitch.
>>
>>26306514
If you really want to change, do it, don't want to sound like a normie, because I'm not (18, khv, meme illnesses), but I'm the laziest and most entitled cunt walking on earth
But if you don't want to be a robot, you don't need to, it will take a lot of effort, but you can do it
Just be aggressive and never suck it up
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>19
>no friends at college

JUST
>>
I don't even know what I want from life, but I still feel like I'm wasting it.
>>
>>26306466
most girls are hot in scandinavia, but a single girl looks at me for more than 1 second.
It kills me being a fatass knowing I'll never have a chance
>>
>>26305871
Stfu with that if someone told your old self to do something would you actually do it?
>>
>>26305871
Well, dont waste your twenties too.

At least you're not a stubborn autist and realize you've wasted your teen years. I didnt want to admit how much I messed up until I was 27.

I have less than 2 years left and feel terrible about the lack of progress.
>>
>>26306617
Wow dude, I'm sure you have those nordic genes, there's probably another Hafthor inside of you, why don't you go bearmode?
>>
>>26306617
Om du bor i Stockholm kan jag lara dig hur man styrketranar.
>>
>>26306566
I do want to change, and you probably do as well, but I'm also a lazy fuck. Who doesn't want to get a taste of the normie life? The grass is always greener on the other side, and even those on the other side don't want to be robots, lmfao. It's just too difficult, and I'm too unmotivated, partially because I'm comfortable with my robot-hood. I also want to be a millionaire but I'm not making any steps towards that; I just don't want it enough, and that's alright by me.
>>
>>26306648
Blond, blue eyes and 6'2 so yeah, nah bearmode is too much work, normal weight will be more than enough
>>
>>26306703
I'm much worse than you
Even worse, my country is pratically robot free
I'm starting to think I may be the only KV around
Every friend I thought to be a robot ended up getting laid/kissed/gf, and it destroyed me
>>
>>26306746
holy fuck literal norwegian Chad (How should I call it, Thor maybe?) covered by a wall of fat
Go to the gym
>>
>>26306746
>you won the lottery of life
>fuck up by being a lardass

YOU ARE LITERALLY FUCKING UP LIFE ON EZ MODE
>>
>>26306746
>bearmode
>too much work
WTF you cunt, bearmode is literally permabulk
but it'll only work if you get skinny first, otherwise, good luck cutting
>>
>>26306057

Don't listen to him kid, go to college and get a good job
>>
>>26306747
How do you know you're worse than me? Lol. We're probably on par, but this isn't a pissing contest, man. Also, if you're OP, Sweden has a fuckton of robots, what are you on? I'm sure every country has robots, but Sweden is easily above average.
>>
>>26305871
the guys that usually "do stuff" have kids and a record so just say fuck it. You're a nerdy faggot but who cares? you probably will get an apartment with a volvo and be happy. and then trip about not having kids at 30, divorces at 50, health bullshit at 80, shambly oldness at 90, Death. if they haven't invented some crazy procedure to enhance life by then
>>
>>26306786
Have crippling social anxiety and tried before, bought a treadmill 2 years ago I barely use because school kills me
>>26306811
I've had a fucked up life which turned me into fucked up person with a broken psyche who weights 360 lbs. and nah senpai that ain't easymode here because it's ''standard'' how a man is supposed to look like in northern europe
>>
>>26306746

Bro I wish I had all those hot Scandi bitches around me, that should be a huge motivator.

>Go to college, get excellent grades
>Hit the gym, get fit

That's ALL you need to do. Go to r/fitness and read the wiki. Stay FOCUSED and MOTIVATED. Get some fucking discipline, Sven. So many people would give anything to be in your position: Young, tall, white, bilingual and in and 1st world country.

Don't squander your youth any longer, make and commitment to better yourself. I'm 23 and I'm doing everything I just recommended but I'd like to be in your position even more with my current mindset. Don't give up bro, you've got it. Don't let your past define your future.
>>
>>26306415
I feel you on that man. I've just started to stumble about and fix my life. Hang in there, brother.
>>
>>26306908
I'm on the literal Chad country, but if I tell you, you will probably stop talking to me
>>
Just wait until you get older. I've wasted 25 years. It doesn't get any easier. If I could offer any advice, it would be to leave this place, for your own sake not mine.
>>
>>26305871
19 yr old Bong here. At the end of the day our continent is going under and all the normalfags we envied are gunna get raped to death by the Mudslimes they love so much, so its all good.
>>
>>26307079
I'm not /pol/-mode, mate. I don't give a fuck what country you're from. Do tell me please thank you. Is it Iceland? Finland?
>>
>>26307057
thank you man, really motivating words and showing me a different perspective on things.
But how do you get disciplined? tips for that?
>>
>>26305871
highschool is pointless
Anyone who says its supposed to be anything special is lying or trying to sell you something.
>>
>>26307223
Well, it's the last careless time in your life and a time when you have much left to explore. I would say it's the best time in life.
>>
>>26307139
brazil kek
girls here are considered piss easy
the language is really expressive
>>
File: eye_roll.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
eye_roll.gif
1 MB, 200x150
Niggers, I dropped out of highschool and am 5'6. All those teenagers with tight bodies literally winced when they saw me.

just do it, yes you can
>>
I think that stems from your desire to compare youre life to other's. Usually when you say it's wasted years you mean: i didn't fuck stacey / gone to a hundred parties, so it's wasted. Lurking this shithole could be considered wasted time but even then I think it's alright. As long as you have the drive to keep going and get somewhere in life.

That's my normie advice
>>
>>26305871
Not sure this counts as I'm 22. But I've literally fucked up my uni life. Im graduating this year but its likely I won't keep in touch with many people if none at all from uni, unless its work related. Don't really know how it happened as I'm usually quite sociable if not a little awkward at times. I visit friends at their uni's now and then and have great fun at their parties but my own are just terrible. I feel like I want to start Uni all over again.

Also wished I got with more girls in my teens. Didn't lose my V till I was 19
>>
File: 1381980285684.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1381980285684.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>26305871
>Holy fuck this is the worst I've ever felt.

It honestly gets better when you realize we're all gonna die and getting high or sticking your weenie awkwardly in some cunts vagoo isn't the pinnacle of human existence.

But I do relate, I felt this way for a long time too. What I miss more is not having the friendships, not so much the lack of partying or pussy.
>>
>>26305871
It's worse when you realize it'll be over soon and you'll miss it all even though you probably didn't like it as much. I'm in that stage
>>
>>26305932
Europeans have the weakest culture on earth, no solidarity at all, Europeans will be extinct before 2100 if nothing changes.
>>
>>26307721
>It honestly gets better when you realize we're all gonna die and getting high or sticking your weenie awkwardly in some cunts vagoo isn't the pinnacle of human existence.
No, it doesn't dude
Haven't you learn anything with AZ?
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high"
>>
>>26306057
Go into a trade if you dont like college. Learning something practical works wonders on your confidence
>>
>>26306417
College can be way better if you go to the right one. You have to work your ass off for everything though.
>>
>>26307155

Envision what you want to obtain. Work towards it everyday and you will become mentally strong and resilient. Work and effort are what differentiate a dream from a goal. You can't think something into existence, you have to put your body to work to achieve what you want.

For you it would be getting over your insecurities, feelings of missing out and becoming more physically appealing to your peers. Start making efforts to eat healthier and exercise, that's going to quickly improve your mental state. You'll see yourself getting fitter and the tangible results will give you huge encouragement.

And don't bother to force yourself to think positively, that's a bunch of horseshit. If you deal with depression like have for the last 10 years you'll know that, like I said, you can't think yourself out of it. You need to start putting in the time and work physically and your mind will quiet itself. Staying active and exerting yourself makes your mind more focused and I believe wearing yourself out a bit physically does a lot to still your thoughts.

Basically

>Vision, effort and physical strain
>>
>>26305871
I'm 28 and I feel that way about my teens and most of my 20s. If I keep up the same defeated, self-rejecting lifestyle, I'll look back at 35 and feel the same way, and 45, and 55, etc. My point is, don't waste time lamenting the time you wasted in the past. It's in the past and there's nothing you can do about it. Figure out what you want in life now and in the near future, and start working toward it day by day because these are the days you'll look back on at a not-too-far point in the future. The years go by fast but you still have much youth ahead of you.
>>
>>26308330
Thanks for this
Original comment here
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.