[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some video games you can play without putting much thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 6342423324234.png (132 KB, 388x399) Image search: [Google]
6342423324234.png
132 KB, 388x399
What are some video games you can play without putting much thought or effort into but still have a good time
>>
>>26296881
Animal Crossing. But it doesn't seem like too many robots play 3ds.
>>
Dynasty Warriors
>>
>>26296881

heroes of the storm
diablo 3
everquest p99
>>
Downwell. It's a proper action arcade title with no plot or anything, you just fall down a hole stomping monsters with your gunboots.
>>
>>26296908
I second this. the gamecube original is the comfiest game of all time
>>
>>26296881
>without putting much effort or thought into them
anything bethesda post 2003
>but still have a good time
oh, nevermind
>>
>>26296908
>>26296959
I asked if anyone wanted to play Animal Crossing with me and got banned for advertising, but the Advance Wars and Tabletop Threads I made were okay for months.
>>
PC preferred BTW
>>
tis one hundred
>>
EU4 using console commands is the most fun for me.

Love using shattered Europa Mod and bullying all my neighbors as Paris and growing to control all of France.
>>
>>26296881
Prison architect,
>>
Harvest moon or animal crossing for gamecube.

Gamecube emulators are generally ok now.
>>
I play Imperial Glory. It's strategy game, quite simple and pretty comfy.
>>
>>26296881
Dota (if you mute everyone).
>>
I've been thinking about picking up some MMORPG to waste my time.
Any tips? Prefferably for free (or at least no monthly payment bullshit), also my PC is pretty shitty.
No, I cannot run Blade and Soul
>>
DmC. The combat and graphics are so based and the story is shit so you don't have to pay any attention.
>>
>>26297196
Guild Wars 2. It's f2p now, and has a huge main storyline that can at the very least be played like a single player game for dozens of hours of free solid gameplay.
>>
is there such thing as a comfy horror game?
>>
>>26297362
Outlast is very comfy
>>
>>26297342
>Guild Wars 2. It's f2p now
Holy fuck fampai. Sweet. I wanted to play a necromancer in that game but I didn't because it cost money and I didn't like the gameplay enough to pay.
>>
>>26297362
Echo Night 1 and 2 on PS1.
there is a engl. translation for 2 since a while as well.
>>
>>26296881
osu! Your hands do all the work, you just need to follow the beat.
>>
>>26297362
The original resident evil games are the comfiest thing I have played. Explore a big comfy mansion with lots of quiet atmosphere and mellow music
>>
>>26297362
Yes. Mogeko Castle.
>>
>>26297473
shit game for weeaboos
>>
Jazzpunk is a fun little game. It's basically a walking simulator and is not very long but it has character and a lot of old video game references.
>>
>>26296881
Unironically, Dark Souls.

Once you realize that every time you die it's your own Damn fault, the game takes on a whole different tone.

You start to drink in the atmosphere, the characters, and your dismal surroundings. It has a serenity not found in most fantasy games.

You can play at your own pace, and there is no "right" or "wrong" way to play. Wear armor that looks cool and use weapons that are fun.
>>
Orion: Prelude is pretty fun, especially if you have friends to play with. It's only a dollar on Steam.
>>
>>26297506
>exaggerating that much
>>
>>26296881
I've been playing Far Cry 3 lately. Nice big sandbox so you can wander doing objectives and shoot people
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (813 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
813 KB, 1920x1080
good game
>>
>>26297540
fuck off shill, don't you fucking dare promote this game
>>
File: wimmens.png (1 MB, 1332x777) Image search: [Google]
wimmens.png
1 MB, 1332x777
I am currently obsessed with prison architect. They just added female prisoners.

All the info on the UI makes it look complicated but it's really not.

I also enjoy Unturned single player, it's a zombie survival game free on steam.
>>
>>26297540
only enjoyable for the first 3-4 hours. youll never touch it again after. not worth more than $20 honestly
>>
>>26297559
not that anon, but you're full of shit if you don't think there is any fun to be had in battlefront
easy to pick up and get into
you're just a sadfag who loves CoD, or worse; JRPGs
>>
>>26296985
Hello /v/
>>
>>26297506
>You start to drink in the atmosphere, the characters, and your dismal surroundings. It has a serenity not found in most fantasy games.
how do you find that serene, all that shit is depressing especially if you play offline mode like the world is nearly empty of anything that isnt hostile. like you'll fall to death or poison water or fucking lava/fire shit around every corner there isnt something trying its hardest to kill you

I'd recommend
Prototype
Fun game, you can just wander around the city the map is fucking huge. Dick around and find hidden objects for xp points or do challenges get upgrades and you can get around the city like the game play changes radically from when you start to when you get some powers upgraded. Just run around consume people. Fun game. Second one really fell short like a ton of effort went into it but it just felt like a lot of cut content and there were way less challenges and stuff to do just wandering around the city like in the first one wouldn't recommend.
>>
For me Bloodborne is my go to but some bosses are still hard (bloodletting beast mostly is such a mixed bag with such big range that it just feels like the lottery if he'll catch you with the old one two and kill you or not)
>>
>>26297410
IGN's Retgen if you're down for necromancy and chill.
>>
>>26297674
>/v/

don't mention this shithole. /r9k/ has to remain a /v/ free zone where normies have no place.
>>
>>26297559
I have fun with it since it came out, not my fault that you suck at it.
>>26297611
For me its the most fun multiplayer game i played in 2015, the fun starts when you unlock all guns and cards, takes way more than 3-4 hours.
>>
bumping this thread, for I like vidya and would love some recommendations
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.