[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become alpha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
Why haven't you joined the Marines yet?
>zero initial skill required
>free training for a practical skill
>make money+benefits
>they condition you to be confident
>make friends
>get to have fun times with bros, creating a bond tighter than most families these days
>get /fit/
>pick up poon left and right

There's nothing to lose and everything to gain.
>>
>nothing to lose
Except your freedom
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>Signing your life away to fight sand niggers
>Falling for the military meme
>>
>>26287601
>most Americans are alseep

>>time to shill on /r9k/!!!

I don't understand.
>>
>>26287691
>get to kill sandniggers
>bad
>>
File: image.png (36 KB, 690x539) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 690x539
>>26287755
>Coming back from a tour with ptsd and no real government help
>Killing more sand niggers leading to more support for isis
>>
File: smoking gondola.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
smoking gondola.png
30 KB, 747x491
Mr. Gubbermint recruiter please.
>zero initial skill
Except for being 10/10 chad
>free training for practical skills
Eh, you could get that elsewhere.
>money benefits
i.e far below minimum wage which isnt really a fair comparison because you get paid like you're on the clock 24/7 iirc
>conditioned to be confident
I could use that, but at this point I don't think it'll help
>make friends
While friends are nice, I think the old war buddy thing died after vietnam, you probably won't keep in touch with your bros after a while like our fathers did, just because the military is so impersonal unlike back then
>fun times
Can't deny that
>get /fit/
See >zero initial skill required
>pick up poon
Not really into putting my dong into a woman's obligation hole, but thanks for offering
Maybe a few years down the line I won't be a pudgy little shit and get my life together enough to go military, but right now that's not an option.
>>
>>26287601
I'm Somali so they probably wouldn't accept me.
We don't have a good track record together sadly.
>>
>>26287601
>nothing to lose
what about your life?
>>
>>26287601
the US government seriously hires people to go out and recruit robots for the military? how fucked is that, finding the most desperate people you can find to die for a war that never needed to be fought just so the CEO of defense contractors can get richer.

fuck this thread.
>>
>>26287865
Better than becoming an hero. Maybe even have a life worth living.
>>
File: polished_pepe.png (401 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
polished_pepe.png
401 KB, 600x696
>amerimemes have to become mercenaries to pay for their education and health
>>
1. I would never sacrifice my values to become Uncle Sam's little bitch.
2. Most of us wouldn't pass the psychological exam. Let alone physical.
3. It's full of chad bullies. Fuck that.
>>
File: 1443742200662.jpg (439 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1443742200662.jpg
439 KB, 1200x1600
>>26287601
>zero initial skill required
If you're not good at running, you won't make it.
>free training for a practical skill
The Marine choose your job for you based on your ASVAB score. 90% of us would get thrown into a shit job with no real world application.
>make money+benefits
Shit pay and shit benefits.
>they condition you to be confident
They condition you to learn to sleep with one eye open so Chad doesn't get to smack your face with his dick while your sleeping.
>make friends
Hate everyone your paired with because it's the same as being on a football team that you have no business being in.
>get to have fun times with bros, creating a bond tighter than most families these days
See "make friends"
>get /fit/
Sure, but I can do that now.
>pick up poon left and right
I'll still have shitty social skills and compared to the Chads who joined, I'll be picked last.

The Military is the one place a Robot should never go.
>>
>>26287914
The problem with college students is they don't know what they want to do most times and end up either changing their major, or getting a bloated degree. Going to college for almost free is possible with hard work.
>>
>>26287601
How much does the recruiting office pay you shill-san? 10 drops of jew cum/post?
>>
>>26287976
>90% of us would get thrown into a shit job with no real world application.

I thought robots were smart?
>>
I'm thinking of joining

What are the chances that I will get shot dead? I want to die
>>
>>26288039
100% if you shoot yourself
>>
>>26288039
when you get your gun just shoot someone there and bam your dead
>>
>>26287865
most of us already want to end our sad fucking ride, why not have someone do it for you so you don't go out like a pussy
>>
>>26288021
The ASVAB is filled with dumbass questions, like how circuitry works or car engines. Even if you scored high, it doesn't really matter because whatever job needs bodies is what you'll get thrown into.
>>
>>26288100
True, though they usually won't waste a good score on cook, or something stupid
>>
I've thought about joining it not the marines, cause they dictate your MOS. also, everyone who says you have to be fit is bullshit. I had a buddy who joined the army who was a fat fuck and now he's in decent shape. Fitness only initially matters if you're going for rangers or you want to be selected for airborne
>>
I'm pretty fat, started working out seriously recently, but I've also been in a mental hospital after a suicide attempt (not a meme one either, though obviously not enough to work) so I don't think anyone would take me
>>
most r9k fags would be bullied out bootcamp
>>
>>26288275
The only way one leaves boot camp is if they're badly injured, or have some sort of mental problem. They can keep a recruit for all four years of their contract if they so desire.
>>
>>26287678
>freedom
Wasting away in your moms basement playing video games or slaving away at some dead end job is a good thing?
>>
>>26287601
Military is a good choice for some. I was in the Navy and I was taught basically how to be a responsible adult (no adult figures in my life other than shitty foster parents before that).

My job was forecasting the weather, so got some cool training and also was allowed to earn a college degree while I was in (went to school online on the navy's dime). I'm now using the GI bill for my masters in accounting which pays tuition and a 1250 dollar living stipend a month.

Deployments can be shitty, although I did see some cool places, and the pay is pretty shit (roughly 30k a year average with housing and food paid for) but for me the benefits have far outweighed the negatives. I'm still an autist robot but would be in a far worse state without it.
>>
this >>26288536
basically join the chair force or gayvy, these pussies are never in any real danger yet they get all the perks, including the "veteran" status in society

even if ww3 kicked off you'd be better off, you'd get gas masks and rations and shit
>>
>>26288564
Military in general teaches men how to be productive members of society. If you don't like it, you can use the GI bill to get a degree and do what you want.
Its almost free money.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.