[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every other primate is in frequent intimate contact with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: untitled.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>every other primate is in frequent intimate contact with other members of their species
>most humans do the same to a lesser degree

>virgs are doomed to go without this, I don't even remember what another human feels like anymore
Do you think this has a psychological impact
>>
>>26286787
>Do you think this has a psychological impact

Gee, what do you think?

A few things to remember though:
- No one cares
- There is no hope
>>
File: 183732457723092.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
183732457723092.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
What do you think, comrade? I believe so. We're all here to try and make up for that thing we're missing. Trying desperately to fill that hole.
>>
I think about this all the time. Maybe VR gfs really are the best thing for society. Hell, even a guy with someone might still not get affection consistently.
>>
>>26286787
just look up studies about what happens to monkeys that are isolated from their peers
mental illness, mostly, and insanity
>>
>>26286787
absolutely
we are irreparable
>>
I'm bi probably partly out of desperation. Still a 5'6 manlet though so can't even find bottoms just to hold. So yes, I've essentially gone gay because of it.
>>
>>26286787

I think there's actually some research which suggests it's really, really bad for us.
>>
File: 1453431955080.png (224 KB, 1357x1022) Image search: [Google]
1453431955080.png
224 KB, 1357x1022
>>26286787
I want to be a cute girl and have cute girl cuddles with my other cute girl friends
>>
File: 34.jpg (274 KB, 1936x1161) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
274 KB, 1936x1161
From everything ive read, ive inferred that loneliness is basically more harmful to your body and mind than many actual toxic substances

It is significantly more harmful than smoking a regular amount every day, and thats not even counting the mental illness that can result from loneliness

The effects are so multi-faceted and it depends on when your onset was, if you were isolated from infancy that is of course the worst, because a lot of your mental wiring that forms the base for your future development is solidified before age 6, I mean I cant even describe the level of damage that extended loneliness has on a person from early youth upwards, there are probably far more studies than ive read with even worse prognoses

Lonelinesses worst effect is of course more loneliness, for instance if your parents kept away from you and never talked to you, you probably never learned basic body language and social skills, you probably developed both an aversion to human contact, but simultaneously a greater and deeper need for it, you probably developed anxious/panic disorders from your long periods of isolation and lack of affection, which meant you never took risks, and never even attempted to talk with others in school, people picked up on your fears, you got bullied, you never tried new hobbies as a result, you never realised an ounce of your potential, you were too busy analysing every route of every decision to find a fitting life path that would make you happy, you probably developed depression as a result of your sparsity of good interactions and positive life experiences

Holy shit I cannot even shed light on a fraction of how bad early-age isolation is, this is from the standpoint of current psychological knowledge and testing which probably doesnt even go as deep as many people have experienced
>>
>>26286787
What? Who is Kyoko leaning on there?
>>
>does this have a psychological impact
i would venture to say that had i not been excluded, beaten, and abused since I was 8 that I would not be as broken and mentally ill as i am today, but maybe i would be. who knows.
>>
>>26290231
This is pretty good. I rarely see posts that think sort of like i do about certain things.
Specifically you hit the nail on the head with how unspeakably altering things that are this drastic, mentally, when you are below 6, and generally below 16.
>>
>>26290274
>but maybe i would be. who knows.
No man is an island, anon.
>>
Just end my fucking life I want a girlfriend
>>
>>26290315
the problem is that schizo-disorders have more genetic base than stuff like social anxiety and generalized anxiety or personality disorders.

if i was raised normally and wasn't ostracized i probably would have avoided the social anxiety and introversion, but maybe i would have been a fucking schizo loser anyway. there is no way to know.
>>
>>26290356
I think you would have been happier, maybe.
>>
>>26286787
>Do you think this has a psychological impact

Of course it fucking does. We wouldn't be here if it didn't

The real question is how to replace the need for intimacy and contact with other people

I'm putting my money on VR. Currently making a tulpa too because why the fuck not?
>>
>>26290371
>I think you would have been happier
before the onset of the illness, yes i agree.
the weirdest part is that i never really know what people mean when they talk about a childhood or stuff like that. i never had one so i can't relate and that's really jarring to most people.
>>
I'd say loneliness and isolation causes massive amounts of mental and emotional trauma, and results in people like Rodger and Dorner. The biggest irony about it all is that the system has it set up so that the motives are misattributed to everything but the true cause, and many of the people fighting for so called social justice demonize them as a result. Hopefully some of the recent breakthroughs in technology will help alleviate some of these issues.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.