[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the health implications of DXM use? I can't find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: DXM_Doses.jpg (88 KB, 910x768) Image search: [Google]
DXM_Doses.jpg
88 KB, 910x768
What are the health implications of DXM use? I can't find anything concrete. I've been an on and off user for 6 years. Done DXM/DPH doses, low-ish DXM doses, and doses up to 1,500 mg.

I stopped for a few months because I went to the hospital. Thought I was dying. It was the weirdest thing. I had spent all day drinking, got in a fight with my wife, and took 600mg DXM at like 3AM. That's a relatively low dose for me. You probably can't tell I'm on drugs at that dose.

After the low-dose trip, the afterglow seemed to be a weird one and wasn't going away like usual. I didn't sleep that night. Suddenly, around 7AM, I started feeling really weak. It was the weirdest feeling. I just felt like the life was leaving me. I started getting lightheaded and fell to the floor. I couldn't move my limbs and I lost feeling in them. It sounds retarded, but I felt like my brain was losing memories.

My wife called 911. They came and took my vitals and my blood pressure was extremely low, but I laid there and it recovered on its own. Went to the hospital. Felt like a dumbass. Also felt extremely weak for a few hours. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was the DXM combined with lack of sleep and drinking. But I've taken way higher doses on little sleep and with other drugs and been fine.

So I waited a few months and have been taking low (450-600) doses again for a nice little daytime buzz. Been too scared to venture back into heavy dose territory. From what I can tell, the probably at least 70 times I've done DXM hasn't affected my health. But who the fuck knows. I'll sure feel like a cock if they tell me in 20 years I'm gonna die from some shit I did in my 20s.
>>
>>26283104
Blood problems in my personal experience, blacked out a few times
>>
>>26283131
How do you pinpoint blood problems? What kinds of blood problems?

By blacked out, do you mean did shit you don't remember doing? Or passed out? Or fell asleep?
>>
File: 1423583292843.jpg (127 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1423583292843.jpg
127 KB, 633x758
Drinking and dissociatives are a bad idea. They cause respiratory problems.

I'd take a research chem dissociative if I was gonna start a habit, honestly. A lot cheaper and healthier. Maybe MXP or one of those other non-PCP analog ones.
>>
>>26283233
How do you figure it's healthier? I have no point of reference because I have no idea what DXM is actually doing to me.

Also, where the hell do people get this shit?
>>
Yall don't know, what it gonna be, fucking with a med like D, D to the X to the M
>>
Why does r9k like nigger drugs? Shams on all of you.
>>
>>26283104

You probably just had a panic attack, OP. That combined with DXM and sleep deprivation making you more shaky and weak than normal. But mostly it's the panic attack that people overlook because it tricks you into believing you're seriously dying or having brain damage or a heart attack or any number of other things before you eventually realize it's just a mind problem.
>>
>>26283253
DXM has way too much serotonin activity, it's probably damaging the receptors. I've seen hardcore DXM junkies, they're way too stupid and can't be happy sans DXM. Never had any serotonin problems on other dissociatives.
>>
Just drink a beer you fucking disgusting autistic retard
>>
>>26283324

Alcohol is literally one of the shittiest drugs there is, anon. You should try something better than that at least a few times before dying.
>>
>>26283104
can you get robitussin from regular chemists in the UK like boots and superdrug? Theres so much talk about DXM on this board lately that its got me wanting to try it, will they ID me or something, is that all? Even the "non drowsy" stuff, does it still get you dissociated and high?
>>
>>26283288
I wasn't anxious or panicked at the time though. Why would that have happened? I legitimately thought I was dying. It was the weirdest fucking feeling.

>>26283346
Robotussin gelcaps are what I use.
>>
>>26283346
Non-drowsy is what you want. Drowsy probably has anti-histamines in it, which will /del/ you out way before they /dis/ you out. You just want DXM as the only active ingredient, it doesn't matter what brand it is.

I don't get why people think meds are these magic pills that doctors have some secret formula for. My friend thought the side effects he got from his meds were because they were putting secret drugs in to make him feel bad. No, they're not, the active ingredients are literally right there on the bottle.
>>
>>26283346
Yes. Some /r9k/ britbots do it. They might card you and even be reluctant to sell you the right stuff though. (read up about safely using DXM on the website erowid)

Boots has been mentioned as a place to get it but it looked pretty expensive compared to North America, it might be your only option.

DXM should be non drowsy AFAIK. No way can I sleep on that stuff. Heart beat goes way up, eyes forced open as wide as possible, pupils maximally dilated, see right through your eye lids if you close your eyes and try to go to sleep (you don't really, but the illusion that you can makes it hard to sleep)
>>
>>26283505
Thanks my dude is this a good product from them to get?
http://www.boots.com/en/Robitussin-Chesty-Cough-Syrup-250ml_1288514/
>>
>>26283377

>I wasn't anxious or panicked at the time though.

>I legitimately thought I was dying.

Legitimately thinking you're dying when you're not is another way of saying "having a panic attack."
>>
>>26283346
You Britfags have OTC codeine. Do that instead.
>>
>>26283693
completely different drug and experience
>>
>>26283540
Wrong drug. If you take that, you'll get nauseous and nothing else.
>>
>>26283540
lol you have some reading to do. Check out erowid like I said. You should know what you are getting in to.

That doesn't even contain DXM, just guaifenesin. Drinking that will only make you violently ill (thankfully it won't kill you)

You need cough syrup with ONLY DXM. Otherwise you will become very sick at best and possibly die of liver failure (if it contains acetaminophen/paracetamol)

I took a quick look around that site only found one product that could work. The amount of DXM is shit compared to the volume of syrup/price though.

http://www.boots.com/en/Robitussin-Dry-Cough-Medicine-100ml_32123/

I think DXM bongs use a benylin product but I could be wrong.
>>
>>26283716
Much better drug and much better experience.

Also, I'm impressed no one else has reacted to the fact that OP said he had a wife.
>>
>>26283757
Codeine is a weak as fuck opiate. Even at the max 400mg dose that your liver can absorb at once, you're feeling a mild buzz. I'll take some when I'm drinking if you're offering it, but whatever
>>
>>26283757
I enjoy DXM much more than codeine.
If you don't it's your loss.
t. gets both OTC
>>
>>26283104
>my wife

get out !!!!!
>>
>>26283757
Fucking kratom is stronger and cheaper than codeine.
>>
>>26283830
>>26283806
>>26283794
I'll take any opiate/opioid over DXM. Yes it's weak, but it's still something.
>>
>>26283857
Okay... Go do that then.
>>
File: 1438201053709.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1278) Image search: [Google]
1438201053709.jpg
659 KB, 1920x1278
I know this is off-topic and a bit of a stretch but does anybody have the trip report of a guy and 3-4 of his buddies taking a shitton of datura in the woods for an entire weekend? He loses one of the guys in the woods right at the beginning, and a gets a pep-talk from a jack nicholson armadillo or something. I saw it on /del/ years ago and have never been able to find it, it is quite a good read.
>>
>>26283830
kratom makes me nauseous. any solutions?
>>
>>26283857
I realize has it that many people simply don't get any enjoyment from DXM but that shouldn't stop curious people from trying it out. They could be missing out if they are pat of the lucky 1/3rd of people who enjoy it greatly.
>>
>>26283928
Take less, sister. All the websites suggesting you take like 10g are from a long time ago, when kratom wasn't as strong. Right now you can take 3g no tolerance and get a really nice buzz going.
>>
File: 1454133091266.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1454133091266.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>26283963
>I realize has it
Ignore "has it"
>>
>>26283979
Personally when I tried kratom I didn't get any good results from low doses like what you're describing. Then again I have experience with stronger painkillers and heroin, so that's probably it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromide

I think I'm going to stop completely. I'm too old for this shit and Wikipedia scared me. I have a wife, I'm healthy... I'm too old for this shit. I've been a binge substance user since I was a kid and it needs to fucking stop. I'm going to willpower myself out of this bullshit before it's too late.
>>
>>26284036
Yeah, you have a tolerance for it so you're gonna need higher doses. I can take like 10g and have a pretty good time, but without tolerance I was vomiting from like 6g doses.
>>
>>26283928
take it via capsules

3 or 4g should be good
>>
Reminder that dxm is a shit tier drug and should only be taken by retarded high school kids
>>
Used to be an addict.

Well health wise, Very short term memory, Depression/emotionally unstable or aggressive, your liver and body will start to give your signals, Decreased Sex Drive, lack of emotion/disconnected from people.

its basically fuck my life up senpai, for a overly long lasting high that leaves you retarded afterwards. Dont screw with DXM or DPH not worth it if you have responsibilities
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.