[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate millennials (br. 1985-2000) again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: CN_Millennial_310.png (98 KB, 310x185) Image search: [Google]
CN_Millennial_310.png
98 KB, 310x185
Why do people hate millennials (br. 1985-2000) again?
>>
Because shit rolls downhill /thread
>>
Juvenoia and the collapse of our society
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 250x232
It's cool to do it and we need another reason to yell about why our lives are shit
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>26269957
>>26269985
>boomers and X hate us because they fucked it up
>>
They made third wave feminism a thing.
>>
>>26270057
Boomers created this rotten society and because they watch too much TV, they blame it on millenials because they 'constantly look at their phones' and 'are lazy'. They benefitted from living with a booming economy, and constantly bought frivolous bullshit.
>>
>>26269936
They're the bane of social media.

>>26270057
No you fuck, boomers fucked shit up, gen x suffered bec of it. I fucking know.
>>
people born before the 1990s are not millennials

dont care what the proper definition is.
>>
>>26269936
They don't know any traditional values. They lack respect. They don't know how to do anything that matters. They have no politial voice or opinion other than their social justice and sit by to watch real injustice be done upon others. They are inefficient retards who puts their feelies above logic and common sense.
>>
>>26269936
people have been complaining about the youth since the dawn of time.

The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise- Socrates
>>
>>26270231
This. Millenials by definition are 2000 faggots
>>
>>26270231

Millenials are those born between 1980 and 2000.
>>
>>26269936
Unable to think for themselves. Both indoctrinated by teachers and part of the hivemind.
>>
>>26270415
No anon, I demand a source
>>
File: Gen Y.jpg (63 KB, 495x651) Image search: [Google]
Gen Y.jpg
63 KB, 495x651
>>26270231
>people aren't X because I say so!

>>26270384
Wrong.

The funny thing about the majority of Millennial hate is that it's from Millennials. It's hilarious how much self-hate they possess.
>>
>>26270459

>http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/millennials-millennial-generation

>A Time magazine article placed the Millennials at 1980-2000.
>>
>>26270468
This. Some people stretch it all the way through 2005 and say Gen Z starts in 2005, but that is just plain wrong.
>>
>>26270459
literally every article, book, census, and research about them you absolute idiot.
>>
>>26270116
We'll be no better
>>
>>26270468
stop assigning generational labels to me you shitlord
>>
>>26270537
It's all over anyway.
>>
>>26270487
NOOOOOOOO
WHYYY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Because they're a distorted reflection of the baby boomers who raised them and reveal how shitty they made the world. Since baby boomers are the Chads and Stacies of the generations they feel 100% immune to blame for anything and instead figure it must have been the millenial's fault
>>
>>26270237

It's almost as if they learned all of that from their parents.
>>
File: spikes.jpg (182 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
spikes.jpg
182 KB, 640x360
It's a bit like homeless person spikes: We have this problem that homeless people sleep on benches and alcoves. We could make efforts to solve the societal problems that create homelessness---or we could put spikes on benches and alcoves.
>>
File: image.png (735 KB, 689x511) Image search: [Google]
image.png
735 KB, 689x511
>>26270057
X hasn't had a chance to fuck up yet, we're still waiting for boomers to fuck off and die. Anyway, the other Generations hate you because you're much worse, or atleast just as bad, as your parents. You're naive, entitled, lazy, you understand nothing about economics or politics, all you care about is "FREE XD, I DESERVE, GIMMIE XD WEED DUDE FREE TUITION", you never stop to think out things. Like, who do you think has to pay for your free shit? It's the tax payers, who're mostly Generation X and the Boomers, the Silent Generation has already retired and is about to die off, Boomers are beginning to retire aswell. So who had to pay for your shit? Generation X. We hate you because we have to pay for you spoiled entitled brats.
>this is what 99% of your generation is made of
http://youtu.be/Zmji36q8E4o
>>
I do despise them, but I am somewhat sympathetic. Yes, they are narcissistic monsters, but always remember that monsters are created.
>>
>>26270468
False, Gen Y stops at 1995. Generations last for 15 year periods. From 1980-1995 is Gen Y.
>>
>>26270765
Incidentally, much of the state of the world is because boomers think they understand economics but they're about as wrong as can be. Austerity creates unemployment, and the Millenials are the ones stuck with the consequences of the boomers' austerity fanaticism.
>>
>>26270116
Fucking nailed it. Boomers were born into an era of unprecedented prosperity created off the hard work and suffering of their parents. And what have they left for their children. Debt, despair, and degeneracy. I hope that the boomer generation is reviled by history as the greedy scum that they are.
>>
>>26270824
But they've also adopted it. They see nothing wrong with raising taxes and cutting what they see as 'unnecessary spending' and bailouts.
>>
>>26270875
Your generation is following in their footsteps quickly and with great precision.
>>
>>26270932
Yes........... and that's why I hate Millenials. They blame Boomers for their problems, but think they should do exactly what the Boomers did to create their problems. After all, the post right above yours said that "debt" the problem is part of the problem, but the explosion of personal debt is yet another consequence of austerity, while public debt (in a country that issues the currency that denominates its debt) is never a problem and almost always the solution.
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>26270487
I mean they can say it, doesn't mean it's reality. That really depends on what their definition of "millennial" is. Is it purely based on a time span? Or things like attitudes and culture? You can't expect me to believe a 36 year old is anything like a 16 year old. I don't care how much this annoys people, but the real cultural shift begins with the late 90s babies that don't quite remember 9/11 and were raised with technology and social media to an excessive degree.
>>
>>26270108
I doubt anyone born between 85-00 is in any high positions in university.
>>
>>26270231

underage edgy farlord or possibly a manchild detected
>>
>>26270807
>there are many ways to define a generation m8, and its different in other countries
>>
>>26271224
>thinking a 20-something has had time to become a prestigious uni professor
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.