[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /can'tsleep/ here? Literally forced myself to sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1413064582774.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1413064582774.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Who /can'tsleep/ here?

Literally forced myself to sleep at 3am, woke up at 4am with nightmares.
>>
I recently had a dream where I was with people and alien-looking humans invaded. They were trying to kill us. I had a small knife and somehow managed to stab one to death.

But the other humans left afterwards. For some reason I stayed. Then another alien came and I didn't have a weapon. He was about to kill me when I woke up.
>>
File: whyLive.jpg (11 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
whyLive.jpg
11 KB, 198x254
>>26259314
I woke up the other night with sleep paralysis
>Family standing over my bed with their eyes wide open
>"Man it's a shame he died here, we'll have to carry him up the stairs now"
>"Yeah what a waste"
Sleep is gay anyway
>>
>>26259314
Near 4:00 am here, still here browsing, i need drugs
>>
I /cantsleep/. But when I do finally get sleep, I've been having very strange dreams recently. Most aren't explicitly unpleasant so I don't mind but it's strange, since I went years without having any.
>>
>>26259314
have you been taking steroid meds?
>>
>>26259639
No, not really
>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
Sometimes I take sleeping pills. They help but I don't want to take them too often and build up a resistance to them.

For me the issue is that when I try to sleep I don't have anything distracting me from the mountain pf shit going on in my life and how inadequate I am to deal with it. So I spend half the night browsing 4chan and watching movies to avoid having to sleep
>>
Are you getting any exercise? Do you drink any caffeinated drinks in the evening?
>>
it's brutal i lay in bed trying to fall asleep for hours and when i do fall asleep i wake up like and hour or two later to stare at the ceiling again. im tired all day and cant focus or accomplish anything but i cant sleep at night. it makes no sense and it's ruining my life
>>
>>26259815
>Are you getting any exercise
No I havent left home for 26 days and only exercise i did in the meantime was, push up for half a hour or something
>Do you drink any caffeinated drinks in the evening
I do, but nothing heavy, just tea.And I have been drinking coffe so much i tought i would already build resistence for it.
>>
>>26259887
Then you're honestly working against yourself here. A good tiring workout in the afternoon will help you sleep a lot better and you shouldn't be consuming ANY caffeine within about 5 hours of your bedtime. If you're not getting any exercise, even a brisk walk would help especially if you follow it up with a warm shower.
>>
Melatonin. Lots of it. I take roughly 50mg to sleep at night
>>
>>26259928
Well, it is 5 am here(im op btw) and i didnt get any caffeine after i woke up at 4 am and i am too tired to do any exercise.Still, im far from any sleep.What would you suggest me to do?
>>
>>26259977
Stay up as long as you can, when you start to get tired (should happen in the late morning or around the afternoon time) take a short 45-minute nap, get up, have coffee, go for a good walk (or run if you're in the shape), do your day stuff get a good night's sleep the next night. Also if you spend a lot of time staring at screens I suggest something like f.lux for your main PC and phone because there are studies showing that artificial blue light can mess up your circadian rhythm.
>>
>>26259887
>used to drink coffee all day from noon till 9-10pm
>wondered why I couldn't get to sleep until 6 in the morning

I'd completely cut off regular caffeine after like 4-5pm
>>
>>26260050
>take a short 45-minute nap
I doubt that will happen, lately when i finally sleep, i sleep like 9-10 hours.I tried pushing myself out of bed but i just got back to sleeping.

Cool advices tho, thanks.
>>26260051
>cut off regular caffeine after like 4-5pm
>mfw last week i didnt woke up before 4pm
When will i get my coffee ;_; ?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.