[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hikikomori is the best lifestyle. Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17
Hikikomori is the best lifestyle. Prove me wrong
>>
File: ky.jpg (42 KB, 748x619) Image search: [Google]
ky.jpg
42 KB, 748x619
What, you just learned some stupid word that you couldn't wait to use? "Hermit" or "Shut-in" not good enough for your weeb ass?
>>
>>26255773
man hikki is rad as fuck im sorry you're so lonely loser :3
>>
>>26255773
lol, lurk moar
>>
You're sad and I'm not.
>>
>>26255734

>Poor
>Living in filth
>no clean clothes
>when someone you know inevitably visits they will be disgusted

Sounds like a blast.
>>
>>26255734
A real hikki wouldn't say that.
Being one is absolute torture and no one is going to save you. You just watch your life fading away progressively while you get even more paranoid and psychotic due to the fact that you're lonely and no one ever try to reach out to you. Don't fall for this meme.
>>
>>26255892
But it is a Japanese word and therefor something to be exalted.

t. A Weeaboo
>>
How does he have such smooth skin?
>>
>>26255835
>someone you know
>implying we know anyone
>let alone having them ever visit
>>
>>26255923
the phenomenon can also be attributed to great Britain and some other country. It's not Japanese exclusive but yes it is true that the term and the phenomena itself came from Japan. It was mainly due to an harsh school system and failed expectation to outdid and perform in the professional area.
>>
>>26255835
>visitors
Give me one good reason to invite anyone over. Not even disgusting hikki.
>>
>>26256008
So the concept of being a hermit... started in Japan, in the eyes a weeaboo.
>>
>>26255734
Actually being a famous rapper is
>>
>>26256122
>better
>being a nigger

kek
>>
>>26255734
>that pack of cigs

I suspect this is american
>>
>>26256143
Yes doing drugs all day and having sex and driving lambos is shit
>>
>>26255734
If someone can afford it without poisoning himself with shitty food and lifestyle it could be one of the best.
>>
File: 1437569286124.jpg (35 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
1437569286124.jpg
35 KB, 500x229
Man I miss being NEET so much. I was like halfway done with my video game backlog and a novel before my dad forced me to get a job.

One day, I vow to return to that life.
>>
File: 1426608201346.jpg (106 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1426608201346.jpg
106 KB, 680x680
>>26255835
If you find that lifestyle disgusting and are not living it already you don't belong here you normalfag sack of shit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Theirs nothing fun about being a shut in, and if you've been one since your early teens its almost impossible to escape.
>Employers want someone with prior job experience
I have none
>Women want a confident guy with relationship experience
I'm a shy kv
>People want to be friends with fun interesting people
I'm boring as fuck and my only hobby is working out.
I'm working hard to escape this hell, but I'm just now realizing how deep of a hole I've dug myself into.
>>
File: 1447013757162.jpg (211 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1447013757162.jpg
211 KB, 500x364
>>26255734

what about experiencing new things? dont you ever consider whats on the outside?
>>
>>26256640

I've already lived it, fagnuts.

So blow it out your ass.
>>
>>26257477
...how did you escape?
>>
>>26255773

Not a new term. It is actually pretty standard. Luckily for you though you can just pretend your ignorance is your fighting for territory on this board against those you dub to be "weebs" since for some reason deapite your all being basement dwelling neckbears you can't get along.
>>
>>26257519
Stop being a faggot, stop fapping and all others addictions you might have and start fixing what appears wrong to you, does your room look dirty? Clean it, find little things that you might improve once everything about your hygene and well being is fixed.
>>
>>26257373
I know that feel bruh. I've been hikki since I was 15 years old. I'm 20 now
My only hobbies are lifting, fighting games, and chinese cartoons so I can't even relate to much people.

It doesn't help that chinese cartoons remind me on how much I missed out on life.
>>
File: 1418093691299.jpg (6 KB, 223x251) Image search: [Google]
1418093691299.jpg
6 KB, 223x251
>Spent 3 years inside
>When I got a job everybody mostly talked about their family and their social plans
>I struggled to connect with anyone because all I had to talk about was media that nobody I know gave a shit about
>Realize after years of reading that I think these rednecks sound stupid and I'm subconsciously mocking them by making my own voice sound dumb
I'd go back to being a shut-in if I wasn't sure it would further impair my ability to communicate. My choices as governed by my station in life are "Stupid recluse" or Ignorant yokel." I'd rather let my brain rot away in my room than get involved with people. I mean shit, how do people manage to listen to each other, much less seek it out. I sure as fuck wouldn't be MY friend, I'm not hot shit, but people might have been happier if they never left caves.
>>
File: 1451162469972.gif (429 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451162469972.gif
429 KB, 480x480
>>26257621
>It doesn't help that chinese cartoons remind me on how much I missed out on life.
This, a million times. I love stuff like Haganai and B Gata H Kei but it reminds me so hard that not only will I never be in high school again, but I'll also never be attractive for anything but money. Not that I have any.

Being old is shit and if someone will pay you NEETbux to be a useless piece of shit I wouldn't blame you.
>>
Doing hobbies that occationally involve going out is nice.
So is going out doors and enjoying nature every once in a while.

NEET life is better because is has all the pros of Hiki but less of the cons.

Besides, if you don't have extreme social anxiety or agoraphobia or something then Hiki life gets real old real fast.
>>
>>26255734
I hate Japanese words. I hate that lifestyle.

I had a friend who went that way and it's fucking disgusting. He's the reason I hate anime too.
>>
>>26257621
I had to stop watching animu for that exact reason. Watching stories about teenage friendship and romance was fucking me up in the head, sometimes driving me to tears. I never got to experience any of that, and I never will.
>tfw my only friend is a rusty old weight bench
>>
>>26256120
kek I thought the same thing
>>
>>26257543
Hikikomori is exactly the same as shut-in. You only use the japanese word because your a weeb who thinks all japanese things are cool.
>>
>>26257789
>I hate Japanese words.
Why the fuck are you here?
>>
File: 1454562660395.png (291 KB, 454x444) Image search: [Google]
1454562660395.png
291 KB, 454x444
>>26257828
>Stop enjoying thing I don't

Baka
>>
>>26257519

I didn't completely.

But I keep my house clean, and take care of myself.

I smell good, I'm in shape, I cook good meals. I practice 'Self-care' (which sounds like an obvious thing, but you have to attach importance to that phrase.)

It's pretty much essential for a mentally ill person. It stops you from slipping further into madness.
>>
File: 1424024340699.png (771 KB, 970x638) Image search: [Google]
1424024340699.png
771 KB, 970x638
>>26257818
>>26257621
>>26257761
One day, I was watching Toonami with a buddy in high school and he asked me "If you were an anime character, who would you be?" I couldn't come up with an answer because I wasn't a typical slick anime guy. He said he would be like Spike Spiegel.

I was thinking about it the other day, 10 years after the fact.

I'm basically Monev the Gale. I sit in a dark room all day lifting weights and not getting pussy.
>>
>>26255734
If I could afford it, then it would be ideal for me. Instead it's just a cause for anxiety, worry, and depression about my future and what I'll do when the bare minimum of parentbucks I get are no longer possible due to my parents dying of old age.

I hate even to type that online.

I'm so fucked in the future...
>>
>>26257519
just be yourself senpai

trust me
>>
File: my animu twin.jpg (101 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
my animu twin.jpg
101 KB, 802x1000
>>26258225
I guess I'm a weightlifting satou from NHK...I look so much like him its fucking scary.
>>
>>26258225
If the exchange that happened in the image is real than I hope for the sake of that person they never become self aware enough to realize how much of a cringey fucking faggot they are.

Most likely they've killed themselves by now, though.
>>
>>26257828

Why did you even respond to that? In any case, you are missing the ooint. Hiki is a standard term to use instead of shut-in. Your suggesting that OP must've just discovered it was just your projecting this being your first exposure to the word, as there was no reason otherwise or a term as common as this to have made you think the one using it just discovered it.

However I will admit that until now I never realized hikikomori isn't spelled with two Ks next to one another at the first K in it....
>>
>>26258392
Why? He has a 7.8/10 waifu, nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>26258392
there's nothing wrong with having a qt waifu
>>
[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------years over which the modern homo sapien brain evolved--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------][--] <--- years in which the maintained hikki lifestyle has been even conceivable

That should explain things
>>
>>26259295
The fact that Hikki behavior is so close to the end, where all failed ideas have already been flushed out, should tell you it's an evolutionary imperative.
>>
>>26255970
lack of sun and using moisturizer.
>>
>>26255734
what's with NEETs and not emptying their ashtray. Shit's gotta smell damn.
>>
>>26255734
Weeb is the worst lifestyle
Prove me wrong
>>
>>26255892
Been a hikki since I was 13 and I love it. I was never brainwashed into thinking I had to socialize and work in order to have a "good" life because I got out before it was too late.
>>
>>26257828
>Hikikomori is exactly the same as shut-in.
You don't see girls saying "Like oh my gawd I spent the weekend at home watching Netflix, I am like such a hikikomori".
>>
>>26260097
because most girls aren't pathetic weebs
>>
>>26260139
This is bait right? shut-in has been devalued by normies so we have to use a word that hasn't, it's that simple and has nothing to do with weebs.
>>
how the hell do i make money without leaving my house so that i can stay inside all day
>>
>>26260162
Most people on this fucking board are normies
>>
File: welcometotheNEET.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welcometotheNEET.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
I was your typical chan-browsing, VN-playing, anime-watching, vidya-playing, smoking, drinking, fapping, hikki piece of shit for about 2 years after college when I couldn't find a job.

Sometimes, I miss that specific feeling when you're smoking a cig, drunk off cheap beer for the 4th or 5th night in a row, listening to weeb music after having a marathon fap session or finishing a really good anime or nakige VN where you feel truly comfortable in your loneliness, like wearing a sweater that fits perfectly in an endless abyss of freedom.

Of course, it's a fleeting feeling. Like chasing a high, but in this case more like chasing a low.
>>
>>26260253
show off your boipussi on webcam
>>
I'm always told that being a NEET destroys you and any kind of occupation keeps you sane.

Yet I've always absolutely hated any kind of occupation such as working or studying. Shit takes up all my time and gives me anxiety.

At the same time I've had varying periods of NEET life (the longest being 8 months or so) and it's pretty much been the times when I've felt the most happy and at peace.

Maybe it gets worse as time goes on but from what I hear some people apparently can't stand to be NEETs even for a month or so and it boggles my mind.
>>
Being a true shut-in sucks because going outside becomes so full of anxiety after a while you will have panic attacks by the time you really have to.

The trick is to find your minimal level of interaction to stay functional. Often merely going grocery shopping or running an errand a few times a week will fix you though.
>>
i was a shut in/ hikikomori for a couple months and it was enjoyable watching anime and playing games everday especially if you sleep in the day and awake at night it feels like your all alone in the world
>>
>>26262046
>especially if you sleep in the day and awake at night it feels like your all alone in the world
This so much.
I fucking love staying up all night because of how peaceful it is. You truly feel like you are left to your own devices with no obligations.

Hell it's 6 in the morning where I live currently, might have to go to bed soon :^)
>>
File: Carl.png (50 KB, 900x1151) Image search: [Google]
Carl.png
50 KB, 900x1151
>>26261706

I've never understood the people who say that they would just keep working even if they won the lottery, because they had to have something to occupy the time.

How fucking dull, two dimensional, and bereft of personality do you have to be that you can't develop a satisfying lifestyle for yourself? You have to have someone to tell you what to do?

It blows my mind.
>>
>>26262229
I believe it's not about having someone telling you what to do.It's about working towards a goal together with others which in its own way can also be fulfilling.
>>
File: Blyaaaaaaad.png (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Blyaaaaaaad.png
12 KB, 200x200
>>26262785
>It's about working towards a goal together with others which in its own way can also be fulfilling.
>>
I still like going outside to smoke and take walks and look after my garden and stuff. The hikki life is cool, but true hikkikomori just isn't me.
>>
>>26257543
It doesn't matter how old a word is if someone just learned it today, Einstein.
>>
I want a hikki gf to overcome our shut-inness together. [Spoiler]ganbare![/spoiler]
>>
>>26263151

Did you miss the part where it was explained why you'd have no reason to believe someone learned the word today unless you learned it today and were projecting? >>26258393
>>
I have that keyboard.
>>
>>26260321
I have this same feeling

I specifically love waking up in the middle of the night practically dying of thirst and seeing how long I can hold out before fucking dousing myself in cold water and swallowing as much cool water as possible

Kinda turns me on actually, I love being thirsty and sating it
>>
>using magical japanland word to describe being a shut-in
>not realizing that grorious nippon words don't make it special

Fucking weebshits, man. Vermin, all of them.
>>
>>26260321

jesus christ, this has been me for the past year since redudancy. minus the anime part. pretty muh smoke weed erryday to edge off boredom
>>
if i dont like dealing with people what makes normalfags think that will change
>youre goin do regred idd XDDD
fuck off
>>
>>26257789
there's NOTHING wrong with learning japanese legitimately.

my mother majored in japanese, and she speaks it fluently. I've had japanese class in school since 3rd grade and I continued all the way until 10th grade when my school didn't offer it anymore.

I wanted to impress my mum because I look up to her, and i also wanted to have my options open for a job in japan. not to mention that it's actually fucking fun to learn things.

but fucking assholes like you made it difficult, people made fun of me etc. it's just plain fucked. I refuse to be grouped up with fucking faggot anime cunts who spout their bullshit "le kawaii uguuu~~ rawr :33"

I hate weeaboo neckbeards but you are just as bad for assuming all japanese learners are anime obsessed gaylords. FUCK you.
>>
>>26257442
>dont you ever consider whats on the outside?

no, who cares?
>>
>not living a hermit minimalist lifestyle with an emphasis on cleanliness, personal hygiene, physical health and mental improvement

every night you people disappoint me with your terrible choices
>>
>tfw no hikiweeb gf that lives in my closet
>>
I don't understand why people say it's so hard to get out of the life style. After 6 years I just lied my ass off on a resume and got hired. That was that. I dunno maybe i'm just lucky
>>
>>26258392
Cringe is a normie construct.
>>
>>26264851

How the hell were you able to talk to people and come off as normal after 6 years? I'm on my 6th year and cannot even fathom it. I can't even get people to like me online.
>>
File: 1453472692160.png (805 KB, 900x1008) Image search: [Google]
1453472692160.png
805 KB, 900x1008
>>26264974
>I can't even get people to like me online.
iktf
>>
>>26264974
I dunno, it never was hard for me to bullshit. I talked in the mirror for a bit but other than that it wasn't too hard. Like I said maybe I just got lucky since I didn't get social anxiety.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>26255734
Why would I prove you wrong? You're right. The lifestyle is even better if you combine it with being a soushoku-kei danshi so >tfwnogf doesn't matter.
>>
>>26255773
you literally just started posting on 4chan today, didn't you?
>>
>>26265001
we could practice talking to each other if you wanted anon
>>
File: 1453640145493.jpg (55 KB, 375x504) Image search: [Google]
1453640145493.jpg
55 KB, 375x504
>hadn't left my apartment in about 7ish months
>had been fine
>had to go out today to renew my state ID
>all went fine
>woke up super sick and now i can't even leave my bed

w-what is happening to me
>>
>>26259295
Hmm. Interesting when you put it that way. That begs the question. What is the endgame for the evolution of the human brain. Will all humans become consummately antisocial?
>>
>>26255773
Get the fuck off my board, you filthy fucking normie.
>>
File: 1444165423826.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1444165423826.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>tfw fantasizing about inventing something cool so I never have to work again
>you will never invent AI, teleportation or a time machine and live off the royalities
>>
>>26255734
>fat succubus neighbor wants to fuck my dad and take his money
>papa basically wants me to fuck off for the weekend so they can be alone
>want to stay home and play drakengard 3 all day
>tfw they're probably going to fuck and I'm going to have to listen to that shit

Hikikomori is god teir if you're alone.
>>
i wouldn't want to go full hikki, all i want is to be able to walk outside my house and know there are no normalfags in the vicinity
10 miles or so
i think that would be the best lifestyle
if you could support yourself that is
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.