[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got $50k What do I do? How do I spend it smart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: money.jpg (901 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
901 KB, 1200x800
I just got $50k

What do I do? How do I spend it smart?
>>
>>26233771
send me 200bucks so I can buy a gun and kill myself
>>
>>26233817
you can always dress up as a suicide bomber allakhu snackbar and openly threaten a goverment building, the police will kill you in seconds
>>
>>26233771
How did you get the money and how much will you give me?
>>
>>>/biz/
They might handle personal finance.
>>
>>26233878
but they are filthy normies reeeeeeeeee
>>
>make a vanguard account
>yolo on tesla
>>
>>26233817
>>26233868
aren't you guys busy making poems about how much wagecucks suck
>>
>>26233893
>vanguard account
the fuck is that
>>
File: 1449400387595.png (156 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449400387595.png
156 KB, 400x400
>>26233853
Yeah but what if they miss my head and I just get shot to death and have to feel pain while my blood drips out no thanks

>>26233898
I would rather be a wagecuck just so I can buy a gun and end myself
>>
File: 1329521425262.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1329521425262.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
>>26233898
I want money, not to ruin my life being a McSlave.
>>
Depending on how you got it, you'll probably have to pay tax on it so put some of it away no matter what, even if you plan on blowing it on hookers and coke.
>>
Invest it
>>
>>26233989
>Depending on how you got it, you'll probably have to pay tax on it
this is already settled
>>
>>26234007
>Invest it
what a great advice, holy shit, how do you come up with stuff like that?
>>
>>26234294
Only choice is buying something to rent or starting a business, really.
However chances are you will not make any profit.
Economy sucks.
>>
>>26234381
>or starting a business
but what business? I'm not particularly good at anything
>>
>>26234406
Maybe an internet cafe? Or are you really useless even at networking.
>>
File: 1454363702498.png (10 KB, 531x339) Image search: [Google]
1454363702498.png
10 KB, 531x339
>>26233771
Gift me Insurgency on steam
>>
This probably will sound stupid, but investing in magic the gathering is pretty easy,if you have the will and time to do it you can triple that shekel easy
>>
>>26234528
>This probably will sound stupid, but investing in magic the gathering is pretty easy
yeah, it does sound fucking stupid

who the fuck invests thousands of dollars into a fucking TCG
>>
>>26233771
Invest it you fag
>>
>>26234601
this is the equivalent of "jus be urself brah ;-) "
>>
>>26233771
Buy some 3D printers and sell your services
>>
>>26233771

If you were smart you wouldn't be talking about spending it. Personally I'd drop it into an index fund and sit on it.
>>
>>26234614
This isn't a bad idea
>people want to print stupid shit
>you rent them a printer
>makes some profit

Of course this means you have to interact with other people
>>
>>26233771
spend it on hookers
>>
>>26233935
>oh no I'll have to feel pain.
It's also a free death and it's not like life isn't already an unbearable burden already. You should snackbar or get an out bag. Take death by jackboots like a champ.
>>
>>26234702
This right here. Or legally buy and flip guns. Unlike most items, they can appreciate in value overtime if you know what to buy. For that, i'd suggest >>>/k/
for more info.
>>
If you were smart you'd spend it by travelling and seeing the world for a year or 2.
>>
>>26233771
pay for my college please
>>
/r/personalfinance
/r/financialindependence

>inb4 reddit
Read through the sidebar/wiki on these subs, and make a thread if you need. For god's sake, don't take financial advice from Reddit.
>>
>>26234939
>For god's sake, don't take financial advice from Reddit.

I mean /r9k/
>>
ACTUAL ADVICE INCOMING

If you want to invest it (protip: you do) you have a couple options.
1. If you are in a low tax bracket put $5500 in a Roth IRA. Roth's are taxed when the money goes in and are tax free when you withdraw. You can't withdraw without penalty until you are 55 though.
2. The rest of it can go where ever really. You should be looking for funds with as low a fee as you can find. Someone else ITT mentioned Vanguard and that would be a very good place to start. They are almost always the lowest fee funds. If you want to invest in stocks, go with an index fund. You should also try and diversify into some bonds as well though.
>>
original bumpo awe4s5awraserv
>>
>>26233771
Shove it up your ass for safe-keeping.
>>
File: 1336358353337.jpg (54 KB, 280x389) Image search: [Google]
1336358353337.jpg
54 KB, 280x389
Seriously send me two grand so I can visit and spend a week with a qt in Japan.
>>
I've never had that much money in my life.

But when I was vaguely close to it, I ended up wasting a lot of that money by getting cheated.

I was sold a lemon vehicle.

I eventually got my money back but it took a year and in that time my entire life fell apart.
>>
>>26236602
what kind of retarded story is this?
>>
>>26233771

invest like $35k into VTSAX (vanguard total market fund) and $13k into VBILX (medium term bond fund), and take $2k and buy fun stuff if you want. don't worry about buying international funds since US funds already have so much exposure to global markets. this is the best advice you are going to get from a stranger on the internet without putting in a ton of research (and likely coming to the same conclusion). As someone said earlier, you can put it into an IRA, but there are penalties for withdrawing it, and since capital gains taxes are so low (zero if you hold more than a year), the flexibility of being able to take your money out when you want is good to have.
>>
Invest it or put it into a CD account at the bank you will earn high interest in the CD account and if you invest in the right atocks or businesses they will give you a portion of what all your stocks are worth back to you and you can still own the stock
>the best way to spend smart is to not spend
>>
>>26233771
I assume you don't have any debts needing immediate repayment? Fantastic.

You spend some of this. No more than $5k, or 10%. Spend it on trips to places, not on things. Got that out of your system, right?

The rest of the money you need to keep somewhere relatively safe. If you are completely risk averse, save it in a CD or Savings Account. You'll earn like 1% but you'll keep all of your money.

If you don't mind a little risk, invest in some index funds. These are funds that track certain markets, like the S&P 500. Historically, these do pretty well. You'll never lose a lot of money, but you'll never earn crazy money. On average, you'll just earn a solid return and you'll remain relatively liquid (meaning you can access your money with some ease). You might make 5% a year, you might make 10% a year, and in some years you might lose some.

Now what if you say 10% a year is some pussy shit? Well alright. Now, $50,000 probably isn't enough to buy any decent property. If you live in an area where you can, it might be worth it. Probably not though. Where you can take a bigger risk though is when you use that as a down payment, and then use some of your income (you have that, right anon?) to invest in a rental property. You buy a place, get a loan, and rent it out for money. You should make more than your payments but you'll have to arrange for fixing anything that goes wrong with the property. Also things like property taxes and insurance. You can get a property manager to take care of the landlording for you, but it cuts into your bottom line. If you make a series of smart investments here, you can make really solid returns. 10%-20%, and even more.

Oh, is 20% not enough risk for you? Well alright, Bernie Madoff. Now we're talking about gambling. Take your $50k and invest in small stocks and hope you make the right picks. Or bet on sports. Either way. You'll probably lose your shit though, but good luck!

Hope that helps, anon.
>>
buy a used porsche

you will never be able to afford one again
>>
>>26233771
Lol at that pic

Only the bill closest to the camera is a 100 the rest are 1s

Too kek
>>
Invest it in the s&p500, the stock has an average 10% return rate. Meaning you could possibly make 5k yearly, just for doing nothing but keeping the stock there
>>
Build your dream yugioh deck.
>>
>>26236556
You want to depurify a virgin japanese qt and then just never marry her and start a family with her probably because you live too far away?

Fuck off, stop spoiling the goods for the rest of us. Don't lick an icecream if you're not going to finish it.
>>
File: 1325640171024.jpg (29 KB, 467x507) Image search: [Google]
1325640171024.jpg
29 KB, 467x507
>>26237240
But what if after visiting, we realize our growing mutual feelings for each other and do all those things?
>>
Start a vanguard account
>>
Spend it all on Apple stocks
>>
>>26233771
buy silver. it is below its production costs.

also water filters
>>
>all these retards telling him to invest his money in the stock market

Nigga, he doesn't have enough fucking money to just invest into a Vaunguard fund and forget about and playing the stock market is stupid. But fine, if you want to just put your money in some account and forget about it, just invest in a Vanguard's S&P 500 index fund and reinvest the dividends. It'll be worth $100,000 or $200,000 in 20 or 30 years.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.