[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get the feeling that the future is going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: 0oJQV4z.jpg (30 KB, 720x467) Image search: [Google]
0oJQV4z.jpg
30 KB, 720x467
Does anyone else get the feeling that the future is going to be horrible? like every day the world is just becoming worse and worse and there really is no reason to try and make your life better because it's all gonna fall to shit whatever you do?
>>
>>26229173
It absolutely will get worse and worse.

There's nothing left for good honest people to hold fast to for strength and meaning anymore.

Shit, nigga seems like the only game left is fighting for fightings sake.
>>
>>26229173
Everyday. Its the reason I waste my days away on this site
>>
The world has actually never been safer than it is now. Lifespans have also never been longer.
>>
File: RusXmas.jpg (52 KB, 697x378) Image search: [Google]
RusXmas.jpg
52 KB, 697x378
It is coming.

The west is too cucked to stand up to Russia and China.

By the time anyone willing to act acts, nuclear hellfire will rain down upon the Northern Hemisphere.

And it will be good.
>>
What with all these multiple choice "genders" becoming an accepted thing I just feel like everything can only become a lot more shittier from here.
>>
>>26229389
>Lifespans have also never been longer.

Implying life is even worth living past 75.
>>
Yes everything is turning to shit. Younger people won't realize because they'll have grown up with the shit and think it's normal.
>>
File: wake up.png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
wake up.png
63 KB, 367x202
>>26229401
It's like everything is becoming just one big meme. Nothing is authentic anymore. It's all ironic, political and memetic. Kids must be so fucking confused by this post-modern age we live in. We're trapped within a nightmare.
>>
>>26229389
>Live to 90-100
>Can hardly move, living in your own waste, all you can do is breathe and even that's a task

Is that really life?
>>
>>26229389
>The world has actually never been safer than it is now.
Kek the rapefugees are going to change that
>>
>>26229389
And? You may have only lived until 40 but at least you knew your children and their children won't die in a horrible catastrophe.

Who fucking cares about long lifespans if we get killed at 50 by nukes, the weather, muslims, a disease, more nukes or suicide? Not to mention that even if none of those happen we're facing massive wealth inequality, economic breakdown and literally no retirement.
>>
>>26229389
As if having biological necessities satisfied for you is all there is to life.
>>
Everything is shit and it'll only get worse as time goes on.
>>
>>26229471
b-but life is great goyim! Buy gold now!
>>
>>26229451
It's almost like the dark ages where people were burned for being witches, only now it's acceptable to be a witch and celebrated for it.

>Tfw little kids are being forced to be the opposite of what they were born as while the parents praise them for it
>Somehow this is not child abuse

In 10, 20 years time there's gonna be a fuckload of people with mental problems.
>>
>tfw you will never be a Boomer
>tfw you will never be born in the only period in human history where /pol/ logic actually worked

Feels like shit.
>>
>>26229451
It's all a joke. Always has been. Always will be.
>>
>>26229530
>>26229401
>>26229451
It's fucking stupid but if you really think that because a few people on Tumblr go by "Xer" the apocalypse will come you're just as stupid. Transgenderism is a tiny piece of shit on the shit sundae that is the 21st century.
>>
maybe not in a more violent way but in a more dronish work a day slave, cog in a pointleas system kinda way
>>
>>26229389
>The world has actually never been safer than it is now.

Europe is the least safe it's been in a long time you delusional fuckwit.
Just because you live in your moms basement and get free tendies doesnt mean the rest of the world is OK.
You've basically become a normalfag. "I'm fine and so is everyone else."

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>American life provides all the conveniences you could ever ask for, at a price
>always able to pay someone to do it for you, no ambition to learn it yourself
>work your job and come home to netflix ad nauseam
We are already dead. We just need to make it official.
>>
>>26229530
>In 10, 20 years time there's gonna be a fuckload of people with mental problems

Already happened. Look at how common mental issues are now.
>>
File: 1431527409823.jpg (106 KB, 1135x1392) Image search: [Google]
1431527409823.jpg
106 KB, 1135x1392
>>26229173
Hard to say. It's one thing to try and quantify the world getting better through things like standards of living and low violence.

Ray Bradbury once wrote "peace is a hell all its own" (can't remember wear though, one of his short stories, probably the Concrete Mixer). It's one thing to say the young generation has never known famine or war, but neither has anyone in America in a very long time. WWI, WWII,? Those are jokes, things that did America far better than they did harm.

I think we're all going to have problems one way or another. Nothing will ever be perfect. Question is, would you rather have the last generations problems over your own? Personally I would, and I'd give up my starbucks and smartphones to trade in those problems too, because a few nice things don't make the bad things any less worse.

I recently watched Deus Ex and it really seems to be the one movie I'd say perfectly encapsulates a lot of what /r9k/ likes to talk about. The degradation of the female class, the split and neutering of the male class, the fear of being observed and recorded, the accountability of the privileged, the dangers of developing technology and the death of the hope we can place in future technology. None of those are new fears, however it's not up for debate that those fears are closer and closer to being realized than ever. Don't forget that if the past generations were worrying for the future, they probably had good reason!

Nations rise and fall, all things have ups and downs. If we're not ascending, we're in decline.
>>
>>26229581
I saw a "girl" with a goatee. That is a checkered flag for annihilation
>>
>>26229389
How's that blue pill taste famaslam??
>>
>>26229661
If you saw a crazy guy with a sign saying "END OF THE WORLD" would you join him?
>>
>>26229581

It doesn't bother me that a minority of people want to identify as a sunflower or whatever they decide that day, what bothers me is how it's becoming widely accepted by more an more professional people.

It's like taking a big dump on a human biology book
>>
>>26229530
>>26229640
Suicide is the highest cause of death for men under 40. A long life doesn't mean shit if it's too horribly monotonous and depressing to live.
>>
File: Caveman_spongebobGvYTd.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
Caveman_spongebobGvYTd.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>>26229648
>America hasn't known war

Stopped reading
>>
Water wars will happen within our lifetime.
>>
>>26229680
You better start believing in crazy guys with "END OF THE WORLD" signs, theyre all right here in this thread
>>
>>26229704
Okay, i guess rushing in to conflicts that were already being won by the side we joined and having disputes with countries wherein we have overwhelming advantages over can be called "wars" by coddled children such as yourself.

Yeah, people died, great tragedy, hard fought war, oh the humanity.
>>
File: darknessoutside.jpg (127 KB, 625x334) Image search: [Google]
darknessoutside.jpg
127 KB, 625x334
>>26229708

Great Lakes Expeditionary Force here. Ready to slaughter Canadians, Comrade.
>>
>>26229748
That's some hardcore projection.
>>
>>26229648
Got an imdb for Deus Ex? I did check but noting definite.
>>
>>26230239
Sorry, the title was "Ex Machina" which I got confused
Imdb: www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752
>>
File: 1443795353612.png (1 MB, 634x802) Image search: [Google]
1443795353612.png
1 MB, 634x802
>>26229625
Looking forward to EU collapsing soon because of the refugee crisis and Brits leaving. I hope Russia uses the chance to start a war. Fuck this cucked society.
>>
>>26230401
thanks anon. i've seen the movie but didn't think much of it. most of the highbrow interpretations went over my head and I found it to be cliched.
>>
>>26230528
I know what you mean. It's just a little sci-fi movie with 3-4 characters, pretty simple plot, and then a twist in the last five minutes. not a great film honestly. I'm probably just projecting onto it because it was made last year as oppose to being done years ago.
>>
File: TheseDays.png (1 MB, 1165x581) Image search: [Google]
TheseDays.png
1 MB, 1165x581
I have to say something here. Do you feel it in your dreams?
>>
>>26230735
I feel it in the air
I taste it in the water
>>
>>26229581
Hillary and bernie are pandering to those people. We are headed into a genderless, raceless world. one world, one people, one race. Get ready.
>>
>>26229877
wtf is he projecting? America hasn't seen any war on it soil or been ducked up by it. What? The Revolution in the 1770s? The Civil War in the 1860s?

That hasn't been a first hand account in hundreds of years.
>>
If dubs zika virus will mutate and the zombies will come
>>
If we don't find a substitute for fossil fuels (no signs of that) 4-5 billion people are going to die before 2100. And this is a scientific fact.
>>
>>26232016
>2016
spoopy
ORIGINAL OC OC OC OC
>>
>>26229173
I feel like this every day, like everything that can go wrong is going to go wrong. It really just feels like waiting around for everything to end, and hoping that if there's a life after this, that it's not as bad.
>>
>>26232750
It's like we're Wile E. Coyote running over the cliff and we're past the edge but we keep going on thin air hoping that if we don't look down we're not going to fall.

Nobody has a plan.

We're in a boat springing leaks and the people in charge are just throwing bandaids on all the holes hoping they're hold long enough for some Deus Ex Machine to save them from having to confront the issue that this ship can't last.
>>
File: Stainless_Steel_Cutlery.jpg (13 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Stainless_Steel_Cutlery.jpg
13 KB, 360x360
Daily reminder that everything on this planet and every experience of anyone that has been or will ever be will be forgotten when our galaxy/universe collapses.
>>
Is this pic even a little real? As in did someone pretend to be santa on some jet sleigh and get intercepted?

It sounds like it would be an awesome movie but i ccant find anything on it
>>
>>26233625
Sometimes i wonder if depression being on the rise is linked to this. I sure know thinking about the future makes me depressed as shit
>>
>>26233728
>but muh big tombs
>but it happened anyways so it doesnt matter

shit republicans say

nigga they dead
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.