[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you continue with this negative mindset, constantly reaffirming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
If you continue with this negative mindset, constantly reaffirming your faults and weaknesses, looking at yourself through negative lens, you will never get better.

Continue browsing r9k. I know it's difficult when you have no one else. But stop telling yourself you're not good enough or never will be. Because then it becomes a reality. Life won't just magically get better. It probably sucks for most of us. But we can't keep going like this.

Talk to me. About anything.
>>
>>26216261
How do we slay the dragon? How do we conquer the lower self?
>>
>>26216328
I wouldn't know anon. We're all put in different chambers, with different stats and equipment.

What can you utilize to find success?
>>
>>26216261
How do i force myself or train myself to think I'm going to succeed and im a great person and im going to make it? Sorry about the bad sentence formatting. Anyway, everytime i try to think happy thoughts and change up my though process i cant consciously keep positive thought constantly. Like i will try it and maybe forget 5 minutes later and seep into negative thinking without realizing it. Sometimes i can do it for an hour or do it sporadicaly over a week but i have never been able to change my mindset to be happy and feel like i can make it. I know my mind is accustomed to this i just dont know how to change it permanently ive been trying to improve my mindset for years. Thank you in advance
>>
>>26216530
>How do i force myself or train myself to think I'm going to succeed and im a great person and im going to make it

A lot of it involves starting off small and creating a strong foundation, it's not something you can just mentally force on yourself. Also success varies from people to people. Some consider making a lot of money as making it, while others consider pursuing a dream.

>Anyways, every time i try to think happy thoughts and change up my though process i cant consciously keep positive thought constantly.

I believe I might be bi polar. There are times when I things seem great, and in an instant, it all goes black and I hate everything about myself.
I learned to accept it. I know no matter how hard I try to fight the sadness, it won't ever go away; it's inevitable. You reach a point of self-awareness where your mind realizes what you are doing. It's not something you can force.

I know it gets said often, but try to mediate and see if it helps. Don't push away the negative thoughts, because then they will just become intrusive. Accept them for whatever they are as long as it doesn't lead to danger.

I hope this helps somewhat.
>>
>>26216530
you don't force anything. you do it gradually until it overcomes the old pattern. you do things DIFFERENTLY. it takes effort; don't delude yourself into thinking that it doesn't, and you don't have to keep disciplining yourself little by little until the small victories become normal conduct.

My friend once said, "the frontal lobe is like a gun, man. you just point it and shoot."
>>
File: anime-fan-meme-9.jpg (36 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
anime-fan-meme-9.jpg
36 KB, 500x400
I beleive in myself, but I keep having obstacles trip me up right at the finish line. Like right now I've launched an artistic career and have suddenly started having computer trouble. I'm so close to the finish line I can taste it but this last snag is in my way, what the hell do I do?
>>
>>26216798
Good on you anon, I always admire people pursuing there dreams, especially if they are so confident in themselves.

Also, try not to think of it as a finish line, but merely the end of one lap. Many people tend to become content when they think they have reached the end and there is nothing else to discover.

So, what type of computer issues are you facing?
>>
>>26216798
what else do you do? work through it. plan around it. adapt to it. there are things you can do and you're not doing them because... ? you give up to easy? sorry but the enviornment around us is too unpredictable to expect it to go your way. so we maje our own where there is a will there is a way.

"so much of life", my friend once said, "is about Preparation." it isnt wise to put all of your eggs in one basket
>>
>>26217004

yeah I had no confidence at all for a long time because my family was like "you should go to college for X, this is too risky!" I did it anyway and its paying off and i get to follow my dreams and hopefully inspire others too so its a win win

anyways yeah I learned something similar while I was studying in martial arts, a lot of people will tell themselves "I have reached mastery of x" and never reach their full potential because they forget we are always learning new things everyday.

I'm having trouble loading certain types of pages, especially Gif images and things like that. 4chan works fine and youtube does too. but anything with an image heavy format or moving gifs loads really slowly.
>>
>>26217052
I am also working on an indie game. I'm working on the beta of it right now and am going to try to get it on steam greenlight as soon as I have an MVP (minimum viable product)

I think you are right on that point. I might just be giving up too easy. I've never been a good planner so thats why i get frustrated when things go awry. I have that way about me where i focus on one thing and only one thing and if it doesn't pan out i freak out and get pouty.
>>
>>26217220
you know yourself. if you work consciously you'll work effeciently. this is true for any endeavor. Be Aware of yourself
>>
>>26217220

A wise man once told me to treat your projects and ventures like popcorn.

Right now you're taking one single kernel and placing it over heat. Your tending it and watching it and when it doesn't pop you get discouraged and maybe entertain the notion that maybe you just weren't meant to have popcorn when the truth is the kernel was just a dud.

You have to throw multiple kernels on the heat, some might pop, some won't.

Authors, artists, and a ton of other successful people will tell you they have gotten a TON of rejection before ever finding success. It took me years after graduating in graphic design to actually land a job in my field, but it was well worth the struggle and wait. I appreciate the success more after a struggle and feel like in some weird way I HAD to struggle during that part of my life to know that I can get through it and that I have the persistence and belief to stick it out.
>>
>>26217338
>>26217527

you're both on target. I have to learn to work consciously and stop getting lost in the haze.

yeah I guess I just need to broaden my horizons. No more sperging over one thing anymore. It's only done me harm.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.