[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally see job I would like to do on craigslist >just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1454130100477.png (276 KB, 424x412) Image search: [Google]
1454130100477.png
276 KB, 424x412
>finally see job I would like to do on craigslist
>just emailed them my resume specifically tailored to that job
>pays 11.60/hr where min wage in my state is 7.25
>gonna call them later today and be forward and not say words that they can budge on to set up an interview, i.e. "Hi, I recently emailed you my application and resume and wanted to know when we could schedule an interview"
>gonna say thank you a lot
>gonna try to get the job
>get the fuck out of neet status

anyone else recently applied for any jobs? tell me about it
>>
>>26197770
I dont really have any resume worthy work experience besides my BA and some tutoring I did part time.
>>
>>26197849
and i've only worked 4 jobs. 3 in retail and 1 in janitorial i still put them on my resume just make the skills section look good and be adamant about getting an interview set up
>>
>>26197770
>anyone else recently applied for any jobs?
Not since Christmas.

I don't even know why, I just feel possessed by inertia.
>>
>>26197958
well this is the first job i applied to since before christmas but im gonna actually try to get it
>>
Quit my 39k a year job a few months ago and it's kinda scary how, now that I'm back to looking for work, I can't get anyone to call back. I quit to finish school and I get my degree in May but now I'm worried I threw away a decent career for a degree I didn't even need. Still, I made a promise to myself I would get my degree no matter what so I'm staying the course. I'll just go nuts with all the applications when I graduate, plan on doing at least five a day.
>>
>>26197998
hope it all works out then, are you getting any assistance for going back to school? You could join the military for like 3-4 years and when you finally get out they literally pay you to go to college. My friend is doing that now and getting a comp sci degree.
>>
>>26197998
>five a day
If you're not sending at least 20 a day you're not gonna get any where, you can expect 7 phone calls after a month and 5
>>
I'm a freelance graphic designer. I never had a job in my life.
>>
>>26197770

Hope you get the job senpai.
>>
>>26198087
just as long as you make enough money to always have a handle of your favorite liquor on hand
>>
File: 1453459485615.jpg (89 KB, 386x661) Image search: [Google]
1453459485615.jpg
89 KB, 386x661
>>26197770
We're rootin' for you anon,
honest advice show interest in getting the job in a way that tells them you dont want to do it just for the money
>>
File: 0846 - Tbd1nKx.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
0846 - Tbd1nKx.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>26198114
thanks hope you get something good going for you soon
>>
>>26198151
I do enjoy it cause it's apparently a testing and calibration job and some soldering which was probably my favorite part of the electronics class i took while in high school
>>
Try not to be overly thankful anon. That could compromise your entry into the workplace and your position of dominance in the food chain.
No joke, some employers are like that.

I'm applying for a book store employment to get out of my continuously better pay retail shitjob. It's bittersweet.
>>
>>26198710
yeah i'll just try to act natural but i'll be sure to say thanks and stuff if i find i necessary
>>
>>26197770
i fucked up a job interview yesterday
i was kind of down about it thinking about what i could do differently
then i slept on it and today i think i'll just try to figure out who their competitors are and apply there.
>>
>apply for a job, only offer to do weekends because it's all I can do as a student
>get call back next day
>"Can you do weekdays?"
>"I can't."
>"Sorry, we need someone for weekdays only."
>hangs up

Wew lad
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.