[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's ever called a suicide crisis hotline? What exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 1454312924396.jpg (192 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1454312924396.jpg
192 KB, 1080x720
Who's ever called a suicide crisis hotline?
What exactly happens, I hear they send cops to your location and put you in the nuthouse.
>>
i used to prank call them all the time.
>>
>>26195066
can't promise it'll be the same, but we just talked for an hour or so,
I felt better afterwards
>>
>>26195066
I think they send the police right to your house shortly after you call
>>
>>26195066
In germany they will not call anyone unless you tell them you will kill yourself in the next 5 - 10min.
>>
File: congratsmate.png (9 KB, 128x190) Image search: [Google]
congratsmate.png
9 KB, 128x190
>>26195066

>Spoke with a cute girl after calling into a suicide crisis hotline
>tfw got her phone number and was excited about finally having a chance to get a gf, but then when I worked up the courage to call the next day it turned out to be the number for a local psychiatrist's office
>>
>>26195066
>What exactly happens
I was handcuffed and put in the psych ward for 2 weeks.

Fun times.
>>
why would anyone willingly call them if they are going to have you locked up? that's some fucked up bait
>>
>>26196090
Lmao git shreddef
>>
>>26196103
Suicide is often something people are unsure about and often something people do without thinking it through.

Maybe they call looking for some kind of way out and this gives it to them
>>
File: 1412300096665.jpg (77 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1412300096665.jpg
77 KB, 500x501
>>26196090

How the hell are you still alive? Wanting to work a suicide hotline to push dudes over the edge is pretty fucked.
>>
>>26196103
I don't want any trouble, or to get locked up, institutionalized, and have it show up in background checks that I was in a nuthouse. I'm already having enough of a hard time getting a job as it is.

It's just things are really fucked up and hard right now for a multitude of reasons, and I feel like I have nobody to confide in about my fucked up life.

I'm not looking for attention or anything, and this isn't baiting for (You)'s, I'm just saying a service like that shouldn't fuck up someone's life when all they wanted was someone to talk to.
>>
I called the crisis team hotline when I was released from the loony bin just to have a chat.
>>
I called some national crisis hotline, not sure if it was for suicide or just crisis in general. I remember speaking to some hipster guy who sounded like he was in his late 20's, he sort of gave me an ultimatum about my situation because I told him how my mother was emotionally and mentally abusing me and that I had a fear of going home.

He told me to just stand up to my mother, or cut her out of my life; which frankly was shit advice even though he was probably right. Anyway after about 15 or so minutes of him listening to me vent and bitch he said "I have multiple people waiting on the line so I'm afraid I have to let you go."

I always wonder what he would have said if I told him "Oh I'm about go fucking drive my car into oncoming traffic on the highway at breakneck speeds." I guess they would have sent police to my house or something but I felt like it was rude of him to just say "Oh lol I can't talk anymore" granted he was probably volunteering and was trying to talk with many people as he could. I was only having a nervous breakdown/panic attack and needed someone to talk with and the crisis hotline was the only thing at the time that I could think, I had no friends to talk with so I sort of broke down and said "Fuck it I'll just call this crisis number." I think I remember saying that I wasn't suicidal, but all in all nobody came to my house or put me in the loony bin.

I'm pretty sure they get worse people calling them everyday talking about how they cut themselves and think of suicide daily and what not, I was not NEARLY that bad.
>>
>>26195240
can second.

Called them at 17 once they keyed in i was a minor at the time (don't know if this was the sole factor) cops show up at your house. They say you stay anonymous and they first 5 minutes of the call will be techniques to pry information from you.
>>
They put me on hold
>>
i just called the cops directly and held a knife hoping they'd shoot me

they tased me instead. but yeah you go to a psych ward/hospital
>>
File: 1454296470009.jpg (77 KB, 624x960) Image search: [Google]
1454296470009.jpg
77 KB, 624x960
>>26195066
IF YOU LIVE IN USA DO NOT CALL SUICIDE HOTLINE. THEY SEND COPS TO YOUR LOCATION. IF YOU HANG UP THEY CALL BACK NONSTOP. IT IS BAIT OF THE WORST KIND DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE LOCKED UP.
>>
I kinda wanna call one just so someone would tell me that it'll get better.
>>
>>26195066
I called them after I killed myself. They're really nice and helped me through it all.
>>
>>26196742
They dont. they literally just send cops to your house and lie straight to your face. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>26196742
>I kinda wanna call one just so someone would tell me that it'll get better.

I'm this anon
>>26196094

Do not call them. When I was forced into the hospital at 15, the psychiatrist/counselors must have gotten the impression I was gay. I had to "admit" I was depressed about being gay to leave.

What a fucking joke.
>>
instead of calling a suicide hotline, why don't more people just start murdering? murdering is not something you can undo and it pretty much seals your fate, especially if it's a spree killing.

imho all suicidal people should stop being such wishy-washy attention whoring morons and just go on a good ole spree kill.
>>
How can these people believe they're doing any good if all theyre doing is adding more stress by calling the cops on people who are already stressed out enough?

If I ever kill myself I'll give the cops a courtesy call just so my body doesn't stink up the place
>>
calling a suicide hotline is a call for help
and i dont mean that in a negative way at all, it's saying that you aren't happy with things right now and you would like assistance to manage them. you'll get that help through psych shit and potentially an institution, or if they deem it as overreaction theyll just talk at you for a while then set you go
>>
>>26196784
We can't tell each other either because it won't feel real...

And no one wants someone who'd take effort.
>>
File: hmm.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>26195066
If you call the *67 they track your shit and send cops to your location. When they call back don't answer. I called them saying if i had a gun i'd kill myself. 10 minutes later police.
>>
>>26196784
>>26196742
It doesn't get better you just learn how to deal with the pain
>>
>>26196871
like the babadook.
>>
>>26196766
>straight to your face

it's a phone, ya dingus
>>
>>26196903
It's more like the drinking a little vodka every morning before class so I can not be an anxious fuck
>>
>>26195066
Don't do it. One of two things will happen.

1. They call for a "welfare check" from the local PD. Cops show up, arrest you, and have you detained in the psych ward for a minimum of 72 hours. After this a judge will decide whether you need further hospitalization or to release you, which unless you lie your ass off is very likely to not be in your favor and you'll a week or more in the bin. A welfare check is basically a warrantless arrest/search unless you cooperate with the police. Even then, unless you're a really fucking good liar, you're still gonna end up in the loony bin. If it's imminent, they also send for EMS in case you, ya know, try to kill yourself.

2. They send out a crisis response team, usually 2-3 social workers/counselors. They do an on site evaluation and more or less get you to "voluntarily" commit yourself. Supposedly when this happens you get taken to a stabilization unit rather than the psych ward, but for all I know they could just be the same thing. Sort of the same procedure, but since it was "voluntary" you can leave whenever you want. Let be clear though, this is hardly voluntary, they will basically trick you into agreeing to inpatient care.

Bottom line, if you want to avoid the loony bin, but really need someone to talk to, call a friend or someone in your family, explain the situation and then just vent.
>>
>>26197003
unfortunately, suicidal bots, its this.

long story short, i didn't mention anything about suicide, homicide, self harm, etc. well the cunt on the phone figured she'd call the police and tell them i planned on killing myself with a chainsaw.

they came to my house, pulled me out of the doorway, made me walk in the snow barefoot (got minor frostbite because of it) and imprisoned me based on lies. the way they treat people in those places is unreal. the lady in charge of letting me out was flat out making shit up (he told me he had a plan to kill himself!), was twisting the words of my own family (but your mom said you were depressed!)

some of them were clearly on my side, and the side of other people who really did need the help. a lot of them were dishonest shit bags who were there to suck my fucking blood (and that of the other patients) for insurance money.

awful people.

if you need to just talk please just call a friend, or if you cant do that, fuck at least use skype.
>>
>they call the cops on you

what the fuck
>>
We should all call a suicide hotline number and ask for tendies
>>
>>26197090
>Suicide with chainsaw
fucking kek
But, seriously? Because that sounds exaggerated anon
>>
>>26197289
i'm absolutely serious. i spent almost a week in there.
>>
>>26197094
It's to stop people killing themselves

Better to have someone mad than dead
>>
>>26197749
I don't think that being humiliated and unable to trust people again will make someone less suicidal.
>>
>>26197840
It's about making them less dead, not less suicidal
>>
No way. We did that, they accused us of being prank callers, then Horse died. His mom called me on Skype a few moths afterwards, she worked for the Quebec government or something like that. She was a translator maybe? Anyways she says that he hung himself with a computer cord. But she didn't know what kind of cord! I felt so bad for asking.
This thread is FUD. Edgelording shit. Shill-level poop. I give it a 3/10.
>>
>>26197856
>call hotline
>get humiliated and forced to live through it
>kill self at first chance
>somehow less dead
>?????
>>
>>26198177
Generally not how suicide works

It's mostly a sudden urge that pushes people over, if you can safely get people past that short period chances are they'll live
>>
>>26198177

He means less dead while you're in their care. Once you're not their problem anymore, they couldn't give a shit whether or not you kill yourself the moment you leave the loony bin.
>>
>>26195066
>>26195240
>>26196661
Maybe tell your fucking country retards

in some countries they probably even tell you: good we're full anyway
>>
>>26196090
kek absolutely REK'd

how pathetic must your life be seriously lmao

you havent even seen her picture lmao
>>
>>26197003
i honestly dont understand why people care so much about other people trying to kill themselves

its their life

fuck me it isnt even illegal to kill yourself
>>
>>26197090
LAND OF THE FREEEEEE

HOME OF THE BRAVEEEE
>>
I called a suicide prevention hotline once, not sure if there's a major difference, and the lady just talked with me for about an hour.

She mostly stayed quiet and let me talk, but that was nice because I don't really have anyone I can do that with. No cops showed up, but I live in on-campus apartments so I don't know if that would affect anything.
>>
>>26195066
You call and they hang up because guys aren't depressed fag.
>>
I'm fairly certain they only call the cops if they believe you to be in immediate danger of harming yourself or somebody else.
If they can talk you down they'll be fine.
If you call up screaming saying "I've got the loaded gun to my head, goodbye", drop the phone and leave an open line with silence you'll get the cops called on you.
>>
>>26195066
She litterally didnt gave a fuck.
Tried to tell her i felt like killing myself, and needed someone to talk to about it...All she did the entire 5 minutes was saying I should try to contact my phsycologist...As edgy as i felt i just said "Guess not even the suicide hotline wants me to live" then hung up.
>>
I haven't but I was very close yesterday.

I saw a picture that said Getting ready for valentines day with a cartoon of a guy lifting tiny weights with his fingers. I realised that at 25 I have no idea how to finger a girl.

Eventually I realised I was about to phone a suicide hotline for sex tips and at least got a laugh out of it.

What surprises is me is they have no IM chat facilities. I for one only really open up either on very long walks or over online chats.
>>
>>26196090
omg im speechless im literally struggling to type
>>
>>26196202
Suicidal thoughts are just a process of self awareness that everyone has to go through from time to time. It is fucked up that they would call the police.
>>
Dont EVER tell someone youre suicidal or depressed. You can talk to people about your problems but never directly tell anyone you want to die or you think you have a depression.

They will try to "help" you, in other words getting you hospitalized. It will haunt you forever.
>>
>>26195066
Who is this semen demon? I unironically like Paris Hilton's debut album and heroin addicts.
>>
>>26201212
Forgot to mention any mental help you receive will be put in your archive and employers/police/doctors will all know about it forever and you cant undo it.
>>
File: image.png (153 KB, 316x317) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153 KB, 316x317
>>26196090
Top fucking kek also original comment
>>
>>26196691
>If you want to kill yourself and you call a service to try and get talked out of it you shouldn't expect someone to come help
Dude haha what?
>>
>>26196930
Best to stop soon senpai, it starts with a little, then a half, then a fifth and then you're drinking a handle everyday.
Source: some abused MILF that sucked me off today in the liquor store
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.