[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you talk to goth girls? >2nd year of uni >never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: tfw.jpg (50 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
50 KB, 639x960
How do you talk to goth girls?
>2nd year of uni
>never had a girlfriend
>live off campus
>take bus to campus, always see a qt goth girl
>to me, she's like an 8/10
>always seems sad
>I wanna talk to her so bad but what do I say?
I just want a qt goth gf to cuddle with and I tell her everything is gonna be okay. And at the same time she'd comfort me and tell me everything is gonna be okay. God I'm such a loser for thinking this way. I don't want these feels.
>tfw no qt goth gf
>>
>>26192641
>what's you favorite band?
>want a smoke?
to start
>>
there is a good chance she's just mentally ill and dresses that way for certain reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if she waits for guys to hit on her so she can blog about it later in some angry rant.
that or she's an attention whore, trend hopping tard, or some other gross thing
>>
File: 20141209_190702.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
20141209_190702.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
Just be nice. Pretty much the only event in where being nice actually works on women. Don't cater to their every need but be nice while also being genuine.

Beware, this will bite you in the ass so hard the moment you aren't nice.
>>
>>26192641
>I just want a qt goth gf to cuddle with and I tell her everything is gonna be okay.
Don't be too desperate anon.
>>
File: 1359191782595.jpg (301 KB, 987x1000) Image search: [Google]
1359191782595.jpg
301 KB, 987x1000
Oh, and to give some background on myself, I'm not goth, I dress casually, I'm just a computer science major, and I'm pretty well build but I'm really awkward when it comes to talking to girls.
>>
>>26192641

You know she's just a middle class girl with a bit of depression but otherwise she's still essentially a normal female who just happens to have a niche interest that excludes most people, right?
>>
>>26192725
go to a local or closest Hot Topic and buy as much cool goth gear as you can, this will impress her
bring at least 500$ for this
>>
File: 1434939647280.jpg (11 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1434939647280.jpg
11 KB, 249x213
>>26192732
s-so I don't have a chance, anon?
>>
>>26192743

>mfw picturing an awkward and fuck CS nerd wearing obviously brand new entry level shit to impress a girl.
>>
>>26192786

You have as much of a chance as you'd have with any other girl. And you're coming across like someone who doesn't really have a lot of chance.

She's not going to be impressed with you if you try too hard, I can tell you that much.
>>
>>26192641
>always seems sad
Careful, anon. One thing goths can't stand is the generalized assumption that they're all depressed all the time. Anyhow:
>Sup
>What kind of music do you listen to?
>What bands?
>You play any instruments?
>Wanna get coffee sometime?
>somehow exchange numbers
Done.
>>
File: 1448288898782.jpg (55 KB, 590x640) Image search: [Google]
1448288898782.jpg
55 KB, 590x640
>>26192743
That doesn't sound like the best idea anon. What if I just bee myself?
>>
>>26192800

>goes into hot topic dressed in respectable attire.
>Walks out with baggy Tripp pants and a Slipknot shirt, as well as fingerless gloves.

jej
>>
Is she fat, anon? The fat ones are the easy ones.
>>
>>26192849

This is correct. Do this, don't listen to those other faggots.
>>
be a goth chad or she'll eventually cheat on you with a goth chad. alt girls are just as slutty as normie ones
>>
>>26192892
No, she's average, leaning towards skinny.
>>
>>26192641
d...dallas, is this you?
>>
>>26192641
>How do you talk to goth girls?
Don't
Goths are pretentious, shallow cunts

They're basically just normies with makeup, seriously
>>
>>26193518
Don't forget they have an extra serving of daddy issues
>>
>>26192641

You're projecting your ideal mate onto her, Odds are she doesn't even look sad you're just molding her into a perfect person which is gonna backfire and you're gonna end up mind dating her then when she tells you to fuck off you're gonna be even worse off

PRO TIP TIME ; Never make assumptions about people, you'll let your mind make a best case scenario like a "qt 3.14 goth gf you can tell everything will be okay"
>>
>>26193518

>calling people pretentious and shallow while being exactly that.

Projection?

Projection!
>>
>>26192668
Basically.

If you don't like the music and culture, stay away from our women, nigger.
>>
>>26193518
Well, mallgoths or light emo types, yes. Proper goths aren't sad and are more or less sarcastic and edgy, then turn really cheerful when drunk.
>>
>listen to Bauhaus, Christian Death, Fields of the Nephilim, Clan of Xymox, and Dead Can Dance on vinyl
>carry a pack of Djarum Blacks
>get a pair of doc martins
>embrace entropy

Goth.
>>
>>26194290
Now this is some great music desu
>>
File: 1313981320179.jpg (15 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
1313981320179.jpg
15 KB, 300x352
>>26194290
>those bands

Holy hell, usually Bauhaus is as authentic goth as music references get around here. That post was basically my playlist home today. Good job, Anon.
>>
>>26194290
Djarum Specials btfo of blacks, though. Still, it is the "in" thing at the clubs.
>>
>>26194377
The specials aren't black. I like something that looks like my lungs.

>>26194355
Goth 5, anon. Release the fucking bats.

>>26194354
Depending on what era/phase of goth you're into, I can always go into more suggestions, but this is common entry-tier stuff.
>>
File: 1449246651635.jpg (148 KB, 709x823) Image search: [Google]
1449246651635.jpg
148 KB, 709x823
Do Goth girls only date people who are also goth?

I like Romanticism and macabre things, but I'm not a goth.

I'd assume you'd just be yourself and if they'd like you, they'd like you.

The worst thing you can do is be a poser, I'd think
>>
>>26193518

The funny thing is that the people who say shit like this would have probably been goths back in the day.
So eager to see the shitty side of life, almost naively so.
>>
>>26192641
Goth guy here
(not the edgy kind or hottopic kind)
It can vary. Once they get older, they tend to go for more of the hipster or wanna be tough guys with tattoos.

I haven't dated a goth girl since I was 21. Been mostly hipster chicks and bimbos.

So no you don't have to be goth to get with a goth chick. Just as long as you are on the alternative spectrum, then maybe you will get a chance.

They dont tend to go for goth guys anymore once they are able to go to the bars because they think they aren't manly. (from what a few have told me)

>>26194470
see my post
>>
>>26194470
>Do Goth girls only date people who are also goth?
Nah, it honestly depends really on how involved they are in the culture. Sometimes birds of a feather, but sometimes it's just a matter of personality and interests.

>I like Romanticism and macabre things, but I'm not a goth.
It never hurts to have a few Baudelaire or Byron quotes at your disposal, anon. ;)

>I'd assume you'd just be yourself and if they'd like you, they'd like you.
Basically. Same with anyone. The only difference is that they're involved in a subculture.

>The worst thing you can do is be a poser, I'd think
That's basic life advice.

>>26194542
Another Old One. Excellent.

>They dont tend to go for goth guys anymore once they are able to go to the bars because they think they aren't manly.

I've seen plenty of fellow batcavers in wholesome and tender relationships. But I've been going to goth clubs for a number of years. Some goth girls just have a thing for skinny pale dudes who lean against walls and frown.I think it comes down more to personality than physical prowess. I have to politely disagree.
>>
>>26192743
>going to hot topic past 15
OP if you want to talk to her just go up and say hi and try to make small talk, don't ask her to smoke,not all goths smoke. I'm kind of a "goth" you could say I wear all black 90% of the time rarely paint my nails and so on.
>>
I'm legitimately disappointed in life, and think it would be funny to dye my hair and beard black and act sad.
Is this a good idea y/n
>>
>>26194542

From my observations, Goth guys only really get to date the teen or fat ones. I'm more a black metal, punk, minimal techno, dnb, industrial, etc sort of guy and I've dated a few adult goth girls who really don't like Goth men because they're always omega as fuck and it gets old fast.
>>
>>26194542
>Goth guy here
let me see your shoes/boots.
>>
>>26194667
I guess it depends where you are from.
I know, I've been to the goth clubs in the LA area and seen plenty of goth couples. I live in Central California and a large number of goth girls who are over 21 are usually with non-goths.
>>
>>26194711
>beard
nope.
>>
>>26194766

>being so pleb and transparent you think goths should wear docs or new rocks or whatever those faggy autism tier boots are called
>>
>do you have to be a goth to date a goth

Contrary to what other anons said... Dating somebody who isn't into goth culture would have felt incredibly weird to me. Maybe as a novelty it would have felt fun and cute to shock an innocent with my super edgy tastes but even that can only be fun in the formative period of a relationshit.

There are probably goth girls out there who think differently though.

Just wait until those qt goths grow older and mature into nihilists. Now that's where you'll find women who are open to a variety of tastes.
>>
File: 1280390097.jpg (12 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
1280390097.jpg
12 KB, 590x300
>>26194542
This, desu. When I first going to the clubs I was really metro and dressed like a regular hipster. All the 30+ girls liked me. Now, that I've settled into more of a trad goth look, I get alot of younger girls.
>>
>>26194919
I just wanted to see your shoes anon, I'm personally thinking about getting some boots soon with the raise in them.
>>
>>26194965

You couldn't be more 16 if you tried. Once you leave high school and move out of your parents house, come back and tell us all about the effete, omega goth boys you're dating as an adult. Chances are if you're not a fat piece of shit with no other options, you definitely won't be.
>>
>>26194989

I wasn't that guy, actually. Just giving you shit. Anyway, don't get those boots. Docs or something well made and stylish or nothing. Never, ever wear those horrendous autism boots.
>>
>>26192641
I don't talk to Gothic chicks because I'm afraid they'll use my virgin blood to summon George Bush!
>>
>>26194997

My original post mentioned I was last into goth stuff in highschool so the 16-year-old thing pretty much sums it up. I rewrote and forgot to add it. But even in college I was still a little shit about subculture. As somebody far past uni age you're just lucky to get what you can get which is why I praise glorious nihilists
>>
File: 1379834614623.jpg (24 KB, 484x530) Image search: [Google]
1379834614623.jpg
24 KB, 484x530
>>26194970
I noticed that a lot of young girls go for trad goths. The one trad goth we have out here always has young goth chicks on em.
>>26194741
Exactly!

Props for you guys noticing the same trend I do.
I thought I was the only person who noticed.
>>
File: fuckingA.png (214 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
fuckingA.png
214 KB, 500x368
>Dat Kat Dennings in Suburb Gothic

Just perfect. She also looks like Venus from Bloodlines.
>>
Goth girls don't want non-goth guys, you don't have a chance so leave her alone.
>>
Do goth girls listen to Linken Park and My chemical romance?
>>
Goth is a joke. Do you get the joke?
>>
>>26195444
t. Gothic incel.
>>
>>26195480

No, just faggots like you with no taste.

>>26195507

A well developed sense of humour is definitely a requirement to fit in with that particular subculture
>>
>>26195444

Butt flustered as fuck goth male who gets constantly rejected by goth females detected
>>
>>26195540
This is true. Everyone thinks we're sad. You go to the clubs and sure, the people have their problems (he's on pills, she's blackout drunk yet again, they're trying to swing and failing at it) but no one's sad, like we're portrayed. Goths have the best sense of humor I've encountered, in my opinion.
>>
>>26192641
I dunno, but I reckon that sneaking glances at them on the bus, then idealising them and coming up with elaborate fantasies about your life together is a good start. Keep it up anon.
>>
>>26195608
Like that's not everyone here. Even if some of us do get girls and consistently have gf's we all do this. Don't even start.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (8 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
8 KB, 208x249
>>26195608
You're right anon. I geuss I'll just live in my fantasy world, it's the only way I'll stay sane.
>>
>>26194180
This

normalfags and losers need to stick to their own kind.
>>
>>26196222

Yet another anally pained omega goth adult male reject detected
>>
Start with an ice breaker. Here try these:

> how bout that new tim burton movie?
> i liked "now famous band name" before they got all popular
> why cant they make a color darker than black yet?
> i heard hot topic is having a sale
> dont you hate it when its sunny?
> wanna see my skull and/or spider tattoo?
>>
>>26196956
literally autism the post

original
>>
>>26192641
>Wait until she wears a T-shirt from a band
>Listen to the band, wikipedia their earlier albums
>Next time you see her wearing the shirt
>"Hey I noticed you like "XXX", I love them, honestly the "YYY" album was great, even if it wasn't as popular"
>She'll think you have something in common
>Ask her if she goes to any of the local festivals/clubs
>Try and plan a date around it

To be truthfully honest most goth girls are attention whores, were abused as a child, or both. But if you want to keep the roastie toastie then this is your best shot.
>>
>>26194796
but what if I were the saddest goth, because goths weren't allowed to have beards?
>>
>>26197644
please acknowledge my dubs :(
>>
>>26197655
well. I might just be myself, but I think that was a clever for /r9k/.
>>
goth girls are cool and open. just be brutally honest and you can't really lose with them, don't lie about anything and don't try to hide anything, no reason to.
goths and punks are probably the most open minded Americans you can run into.
>>
>>26197655
>>26197644
good dubdubs senpai
>>
File: 200_s.gif (61 KB, 369x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
61 KB, 369x200
Pull a george mcfly
> have buddy try to grope her
> you kick his ass
> save her
>???
>profit
>>
File: 93939.jpg (499 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
93939.jpg
499 KB, 1280x1707
What do metalheads think of goth girls?
>be goth girl
>have hair like pic related
>have a crush on schizo metalhead
>friend always tells me to not put dark lipstick on and not dress edgy as I do normally because he might not like it even though he dresses equally as edgy
It hurts
>>
>>26197859
Hair like that can look great, but everytime I see a girl like that at a metal gig it just screams "trigger warning" or "rape accusations"

Dark Lipstick is a no-no for me, but probably because i'm a robot, normies may like it?
>>
>>26192641
I thought goths were already extinct.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.