[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I just kill myself or waste time going to a therapist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: pepeinthedark.png (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepeinthedark.png
151 KB, 500x500
should I just kill myself or waste time going to a therapist?
>>
>>26172436

Neither.

Wait until you no longer feel a therapist is a waste of time.

You obviously don't want it bad enough yet, and there should be honest desire.
>>
>>26172436
if you're going to school and/or you can consult one for free, go ahead

it can't be more of a waste of time than indulging in self-pity and posting memes on chinese forum for troubled young white males
>>
You know what a therapist is going to say. "Find a hobby", "Get out there and make friends''. Typical stuff you already know but are to unmotivated to actually do.
>>
I honestly want a therapist, but I don't want to be diagnosed with mental issues or put on a watch list. I just want someone to vent to.
>>
>>26172565
I know what you mean I feel like I might get put in the nut house because I'm suicidal and harm myself a lot lately.
>>
>>26172587
they don't care if you can pay for your cremation
>>
>>26172599
I don't understand what you mean.

original comment...
>>
File: annette-kunow.jpg (49 KB, 339x500) Image search: [Google]
annette-kunow.jpg
49 KB, 339x500
>>26172436
I've been seeing a therapist for like 7 months now. I don't really feel any difference. Well that's not true, things are actually much worse now. I would tell him about problems I was facing and he'd make them seem like good things. I was failing school, but that was because school just wasn't right for me. I spent every day in bed on the computer, because that was the life I wanted to lead. I said I tried to commit suicide, then he told me that was a problem I should bring up with my psychiatrist instead. I'm just so fucking done with therapy. It doesn't feel cathartic telling all my problems to a shrink, it makes me realize how pathetic I am. He always sneaks some easy, vague answer into all my problems.
>>
>>26172627
if you don't make too much of a scene or cause too much trouble to government, they won't care
>>
>>26172647
Shit son, have you tried cut off a little on being fat and gay?
>>
>>26172657
oh I see.
>>26172647
that seems like shit.
>>
>>26172436
Therapist is just paid person that taps your back.
You will be good son
>>
>>26172682
in the end it is still just yourself to be honest, personally unlike the other anon, I did feel a little bit better, just a little bit

the change doesn't come amazingly overnight, and that's okay with me
>>
>>26172705
I'd prefer a massage followed by a hj by a masseuse to be honest.

OP, do you have access to a therapist for free?
>>
>>26172752
no I don't have one for free, but if I actually called my mom she would probably help me get in to see one.
>>
>>26172768
any chance to convince your mom to fund some massotherapy visits?
>>
>>26172821
a massage wouldn't help
>>
>>26172850
would a wang massage help
>>
>>26172877
no, I can just do that myself.
>>
Are you a nigger -- that is, do you incite violence, kill people, steal, sag your pants, generally just ooga booga around? If so, kill yourself. Are you a soccer mom? Do you make a commotion in general stores, asking to speak to the manager and shit? If so, kill yourself.

Anything else, go speak to a therapistz
>>
Canuck here.

Are there any repercussions for telling a doctor you've had suicidal thoughts?
>>
>>26172888
what if I'm a whitey that ooga booga's
>>
OP, if you're interested, I've done an "Amateur Therapy" thread a time or two. Basically, we talk on Skype for an hour. My method is that I ask you questions and just give you time to talk about yourself and think for a while.

If you're interested in it, then message me on Skype. My name there is NoCauseForConcern.

Message me quickly though, because I'm about to go to sleep if I don't hear from you.
>>
>>26172902
As long as you've got no concrete plans; date, materials etc. you'll be fine. The mental health system is saturated as it is, if they institutionalized everybody who felt like killing themselves, there would be ques out the door lol.
>>
>>26172887
it feels different when some else does it tho
>>
>>26172902
I wouldn't tell a doctor .

>Sister told doctor she was going to kill herself
>Got some light anti depressants
>I told doctor pretty much the same thing
>Sectioned for a month, Diagnosed with psychosis and BPD of all things and have to see CMHT every 2 weeks.

Not worth the hassle imo.
>>
>>26173245
are you in the special folks academy now?
>>
>>26172491
This is not an honest hypothetical. I have been to therapists before without ever wanting to and they do nothing. They are money hungry idiots, just like every other human on earth.
>>
>>26173245
maybe you are just fucking crazy and you don't have insight into it?
>>
>>26173337
I was in a similar boat. My sister was ditching school and cutting herself so she was given a fast track into university. I drew a sad picture on a piece of paper that a teacher walked past during class so they took me out of school for compulsory counseling, weekend 'supervision', and I became some sort of academic pariah. The local state university barely let me in after that.
>>
>>26173182
you're right it's not as good.
>>
>>26173433
Its because they see depressed girls as "inspiring" and "brave" for their illness while they see depressed guys as "potential school shooter"
>>
>>26173471
on the contrary actually
>>
I've been dead for years. For some reason the universe forces my corpse to open it's eyes and pretend to be alive.
>>
Kill yourself. Makes things simpler.
>>
>>26174066
dubs never lie senpai
>>
I'd talk with any of you on skype.

I've been in therapy my whole life...till this past year

but I also want to kill myself
>>
Could never handle it, therapist once tried to "break me down" and it went badly for him
>>
>>26174986
Greentext of this would be appreciated.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.