[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He believes the "if my parents made me do teamsports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 2d.jpg (7 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
7 KB, 204x247
>He believes the "if my parents made me do teamsports whilst young I wouldn't be a robot" meme
My parents did, let me tell you how it goes:
>everyone treats you as the new kid
>never pass/trust you
>mostly sit on bench/be useless
>people avoid you and only really cooperate with the other members of the team
>parents still make you go
It doesn't work and if anything made me more of a robot for realising my social outcast status extends to people I'd never met before.
>>
I went to what I called "football lessons", literally the first touch I had of the ball resulted in every other kid their laughing at me, so I never went again.

Also went to cricket for like 3 years and was absolutely terrible at it, played one actual match and it was terrible.

Did karate for a while, that was actually ok, I was good at it, but as a video game addicted kid, it's just not going to compete with metal gear solid 2 so I quit that after about 3 years.
The worst part about that is, my friend there got to black belt, and we were both each other's equal, so kinda regret not achieving that. Ah well.
>>
>he believes the "if I were tall I would be a Chad" meme
>>
>Did Kenpo for about 3 years from around age 6-9, then quit
>Started taking Tae Kwon Do around age 11-14, then quit

Tae Kwon Do was actually pretty great, and in a few ways, I regret ever stopping. Didn't really learn anything too valuable as far as self defense goes, but it definitely kept me in really good shape. Made a lot of good friends through it, but I stopped talking to them when I quit, which i regret. I was pretty good at it, too. The owner of the place approached me one day and asked me to be on the Demo Team, so I did that, too for a while, which was pretty cool.
>>
>>26155538

I was forced into soccer for two years when I was 7 or 8 years old. In the first year, I had no idea what was even going on in the game and fucked up constantly. My parents thought I would get better in the second year but I didn't. At one point I just didn't care and tried as little as possible. Also, that year, my parents tried and failed to get their registration money back.

They also forced me into karate once because they thought it would teach me disclipline or something (I started a lot of fights at school), but they stopped after they realized it just made me get into trouble better because I ended up breaking a kids nose.
>>
>>26155538
I did teamsports in elementary and that's exactly what happened. My high school was ghettopoor so the only team sport they had was basketball. I think if they had a football team I might have had a shot at being a normie.

>mfw played QB but everyone only wanted me to drop back into the pocket and handoff to the running back
>>
>>26155805
>kid gets in fights
>give him karate lessons
>>
>>26155685
Yeah because tall men aren't by default considered more attractive, dominant and intimidating. And during your formative years, being treated like this surely couldn't give you a huge advantage. Nope. Not at all.
>>
>>26155961
True as that may be, being small is seen as a negative bcause it indicates meekness and lack of testosterone and general beta-ness. Tall isn't necassarily a benefit, but being a manlet is a negative.
>>
I've played sports my entire life. I quit my high school basketball team because my coaches didn't give me a chance to play on the perimeter and wanted me to play post which I sucked at. I was a shooter but because I was the tallest guy on the team they wanted me to play post and I hated them for it so I quit

We lost a game 84-16 my Freshman year. I had 10 of our 16 points, I was so proud of myself. If i had better coaches I would have played varsity but fuck it, I wasn't going to get a scholarship for it and I didn't need it to get into college
>>
>>26155961
I'm 5'6" and get pussy. Meanwhile /r9k/ is full or robots who are 6" or over and kissless virgins.
>>
>>26155996
>Tall isn't necassarily a benefit,
I think it is in most cases. I imagine just being tall would give you confidence due to being treated better. That's how it's for pretty much all the tall men I know. I don't know a single socially awkward, unconfident guy who is also tall. But I don't have to resort to anecdotes, statistics support this too.
>>
>>26156030
Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit really. Are you by any chance that guy who is always bragging about his tall and ugly gypsy girlfriend?
>>
>>26156080
>if it goes against my beliefs it's anecdotal!

No idea who that is. I'm single. My last gf was 5'9" though, and pretty.
>>
>>26156211
>if it goes against my beliefs it's anecdotal!
Do you not know what anecdotal evidence is? It sure seems like you don't.
>>
>>26156080
>backpedaling this hard to keep blaming external factors for his failures

wew lad
>>
>>26156297
External factors determine much more than internal factors whether you fail or not. Normies don't want to let inferiors admit this. Because it takes away hope and hope is what gets the inferior men working for normie society. So it's obvious why you're trying to mock me.
>>
>>26156314
>i-it's not my fault! My mom/the Jews/women/my subpar looks did this to me!

kek, keep going.
>>
I played soccer for 8 years as a kid in Ireland and I started a game maybe 5 times. I was always on the bench. I would travel miles to a game only to be put on the bench and not even brought on sometimes. Fucking pieces of shit
>>
>>26156355
Typical for a normie. Just insults and attempts at peer pressure. Do you really think you can disprove what I'm saying simply by insulting me? Are you really this simple?
>>
>>26156385
> Do you really think you can disprove what I'm saying simply by insulting me?
>muh buzzwords

Don't need to, the overhwelming number of people who managed to do better than you in much worse circumstances is proof enough ;^). Cry some more.
>>
>>26156437
From what I've said, what exactly are buzzwords?

As for that "overhwelming" number.
>[Citation needed]
>>
>>26156471
>[citation needed]

Well, let's start with anyone who isn't a 1st world male with a cushy lifestyle that allows for hours of pointless internet funposting, then we can work our way up.

>It's all the normies fault!

w/e you say :^)
>>
>>26156552
>Well, let's start with anyone who isn't a 1st world male with a cushy lifestyle that allows for hours of pointless internet funposting, then we can work our way up.
Proves what exactly? And how does it prove it?
>>
>>26156576
>Proves what exactly? And how does it prove it?

I know it's hard for someone as willingly ignorant as you to get, but I'll slow down and use simple words, ok?

>archetypal pathetic robot (i.e: you) starts crying about how life is bad because of circumstances out of his control
>Point out the existence of other people with far worse circumstances (socioeconomical, genetic, cultural) who didn't turn into self-defeating, crying faggots like the robot did.
>robot's excuses about how his shit-tier life is someone/something else's fault begin to lose credibility

You're the laughing stock of the internet, more than Tumblr, /mlp/, or the whole cadre of sexual deviants. And the funniest thing about it is you've performed the mental gymnastics to the point that you've managed to block out everything but your toxic little hugbox, so you can validate your self-pitying faggotry.

Now, go ahead and post your affected ego-saving response.
>>
>>26156780
So because some people exist who had it worse and somehow made it on top proves that everyone can do it if they try enough?

Can everyone win the lottery if they try enough? No, because it's fucking unlikely and they could spend their whole life betting and getting nothing.

I mean you really don't know what anecdotes mean. Also you will notice how I ignored your meaningless insults and just focused on the important parts.
>>
>>26156938
>muh lottery analogy

Yes, because it's that rare for someone worse off than you to not become the pathetic, self deluded mess you are. Fyi: I'm being sarcastic, It's incredibly common.

>anything I don't like is an anecdote!

business as usual for the self deluded.

> Also you will notice how I ignored your meaningless insults and just focused on the important parts

le enlightened rationalist routine. Protip: if you're actually ignoring them, you wouldn't feel the need to point that out. People who ignore something don't go "LOOK HOW MUCH IM IGNORING YOU" . Kek, you don't have a response to the insults, but keep pretending they're meaningless, if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>26157075
>It's incredibly common.
[citation needed]

>keep pretending they're meaningless
Well they are though. They are here just to make me feel bad about myself. To make me see how wrong I am, but you should be able to do that without insults. But you can't. For some reason.
>>
>>26157123
>muh citations

look up self reported happiness statistics literally anywhere, and compare them to your pathetic existence.

>They are here just to make me feel bad about myself. To make me see how wrong I am, but you should be able to do that without insults. But you can't. For some reason

Wrong again, supreme gentleman! You're entrenched in self-denial to the point of teaching you anything would be an exercise in futility. This isn't to convince you anything, it's to point out the hilarious spectacle that is you to everyone else. The fact that you think that your opinions or thoughts on this matter is hilarious.

And on the topic of making you feel bad about yourself, I doubt anyone on earth could do that better than you, to be honest.

You probably thought your bullies were bullying y ou to "get a rise out of you" or somesuch nonsense too, didn't you? They weren't, they did it for everyone else around you.
>>
>>26156780
>muh legless, armless, african hunger child
just fuck off with your bullshit
>>
>>26157294
>self reported happiness statistics
Is that really your point? Ever heard of buyers remorse? People will claim how happy they are to justify all the meaningless work they put in. Self-reported statistics are useless. Also implying you can even measure happiness.

So other people have bad opinion on me and my thoughts don't matter. So why should their opinion matter? It's just attempts to laugh at me. And that they can, but for as long as truth is on my side, I don't care about their insults.
>>
>>26157383
>the robot, when confronted with people living worse lives than him, resorts to memes and arrogant dismissal. This form of ego defense is exceedingly common among his kind.

>>26157392
>So other people have bad opinion on me and my thoughts don't matter. So why should their opinion matter?

Because they're not abject failures at life. You don't get the same credibility, respect, or dignity due to you that other people do.

>truth is on my side

Im laffin.

>I don't care about their insults

You're giving me prompt, faux-aloof responses when, by your own admissions, I'm largely just insulting you. You do care, and any claims to the contrary are just you posturing. Someone who truly couldn't care would have written me off 3 posts ago, and moved on. You didn't. But then again, this wouldn't be the first time you've deluded yourself.
>>
>>26155538
This is how it went for me
>Play soccer for township league
>Never really skilled but fast runner
>Don't do the more hardcore "travel" league because didn't have the money
>Was pretty good in my league by virtue of being faster than everybody
>Play in a league with kids mostly younger than me
>self-confidence swells up
>get to highschool
>join the soccer team
>everyone else came from the travel league and was miles ahead of me
>barely played
>no one liked me because I sucked
>hated practice
>never played for HS again, went back to the township league
was not a good way to start highschool
>>
>>26157485
>Because they're not abject failures at life. You don't get the same credibility, respect, or dignity due to you that other people do.
See that's the beaty of it. Truth doesn't care if you are a failure at life or not. It doesn't matter who is saying something, it matters what is being said. Not in a the dumb normie world though, where if you have a dirty dumb hobo say the same thing as succesful bussiness man, the bussiness man is somehow more right(which is bullshit obviously).

Also you're misunderstanding. I was trying to reply to your actual arguments. Your insults are not important to me. By replying to you it doesn't mean I care about your insults, it just means I try to find the needle in the haystack and respond to some actual thoughts(albeit it's getting harder and harder).
>>
I'm pretty sure that having to play Baseball as a kid is the reason I became a robot.

Nothing more fucking boring than being an outfielder. If you get picked for Outfield your team is basically saying you suck and putting you where you do the least damage.
>>
>>26157485

If I can't be sad because other people have it worse than me, I also can't be happy because other people have it better than me

That's a non-meme reply to the "B-b-but you aren't the most miserable piece of shit in the known universe so quit complaining" line
>>
>dad decides to put me in little league Baseball
>sees me acting up at practice and decided to cancel my Toontown account
>cry about that, go to baseball anyway
>play a lot, hit the ball a lot, only struck out once
>still a virgin

Yeah, sports don't compete with video games.
>>
>>26157682
dude fucking toontown
good times
>>
>>26157650
>If I can't be sad because other people have it worse than me, I also can't be happy because other people have it better than me

You lost the right to have that argument every time you discounted 'normies' entirely on the basis of them having it easier than you. You can't claim your suffering grants you credibility over the people who had it easier than you, but then go back and say people who had it worse than you can't do the same.

Typical robot mental gymnastics.

>>26157602
>actual arguments

Kek, you still think there was ever an argument? W/e helps prop up that false sense of superiority of yours, kid.
>>
>>26157741
So there was never an argument? You just claimed things you pulled out of your ass. And I'm supposed to take these things why? Because other people think they're true and they will laugh at me if I don't share their beliefs? is that really it?
>>
>>26157919
Dude, I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated to you. Your entire premise is flawed, to think that you "supposed to take" anything implies that anything I said was being conveyed for changing your point of view.
>>
>>26158092
Well I don't think it's that unreasonable that if someone presents a point or an opinion that it should be backed up and that I shouldn't just believe it for no reason. I mean if I did that, I would have subscribed to scientology, jehova witnesses, have a dozen debts and hundreds of cellphone plans. It's good to question things in my opinion. It's just that you think that universally believed truths should be accepted just like that, because that's what most normies do. Sure, it makes them happy. It probably makes them "better" people than me. But is it the truth?
>>
File: 1454008500366.jpg (14 KB, 228x218) Image search: [Google]
1454008500366.jpg
14 KB, 228x218
>play soccer
>made goalie every game
>>
I did rugby as a kid and was pretty good at it, would get picked in the first places and so on.

It still didnt mean shit, I was a robot outside of that. I'm also tall, so double failure there.

I have literally everything going for me to the point I have no excuses as to being a virgin at 27 and yet here I am, fuck.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.