[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University is a fucking lie. I know this is my fault, but I grew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: ayy lmao eating pizza.jpg (24 KB, 501x485) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao eating pizza.jpg
24 KB, 501x485
University is a fucking lie. I know this is my fault, but I grew up watching "American movie college" movies and I really hoped that It would be fun and full of sex, drugs and rock and roll, but it's not. It's sitting at your house, bored out of your fucking mind, not doing anything but studying and playing video games. If this is the high point of my life, I might as well fucking kill myself now.
>>
It is if you pick a non garbage course and whant a presentable gpa.
>>
>>26142548
>falling for the college meme
That only happens at party schools, man. I never went to college, but I've been to a few party schools and it was fucking ridiculous. Personally, I think life outside of that realm is a lot better now that I'm older. Digging yourself into a grave to party? No thanks.
>>
>>26142548
You make your own experiences, they don't come to you.

You're sitting at home playind vidyagames cause it's your choice to not put yourself out there and socialize.
B urself mang :^)
>>
>>26142548
it's only like that if you make zero effort. if you go to uni and live exactly like you did back home, guess what: it will be exactly like it is back home. talk to your housemates, and people in your classes. join social clubs/societies. basically make an effort, uni isnt some magical free pass to becoming popular.
>>
>>26142581

That doesn't make it any more enjoyable in itself, in terms of the overall experience. An enjoyable course might be enjoyable or profitable in itself, but the experience of college/university/whatever is still almost always fucking boring, especially in the UK, where people don't have that many house parties and instead go to clubs.

>>26142636
I do go to fucking everything. I met a normie who was from my home country (now he moved away) and him and his friends were party boy PUA that took me to some random events all the time and everyone was ugly on the inside and boring. The other day some girl invited me to her birthday party and a girl there took my fucking cookie and ate it with a smug smile and I was so fucking mad that I slapped her, exposing my autism.

>>26142651
I've been friends with my house mates for fucking years, which is why we got a house together. they just play video games all day and the lolicon house mate sometimes watches anime with me. I tried baking them a cake but they got drunk and threw it at a house. Speaking of anime society, it's pretty autistic, like most societies.
>>
>>26142651

I should also add that most people's ideas of a good time revolve around drinking, which I'm not a fan of, since I don't like clubs or pubs (especially after working in them for so long).
>>
>>26142679
>The other day some girl invited me to her birthday party and a girl there took my fucking cookie and ate it with a smug smile and I was so fucking mad that I slapped her, exposing my autism.
Top keke jesus christ man I wish we were friends irl too, that's awesome.
>>
>>26142733

Everyone went "OOOOOH, PUNCH HIM IN THE BALLS" and she replied with "I'd punch him in the balls IF HE HAD ANY" Fuck off insulting my masculinity you slut with fucking pokemon written in sharpie on your shoe like "teehee I'm such a geek lemme steal le cookies :3 beta boys don't mind lolol" No fuck you, it's mine. If I did it to a guy, people would approve. Someone said to me "I'd have given her the cookie and tried to fuck her!" and that's exactly the problem.
>>
I don't know about Assmerica, but I attend one of the so called 'better' universities in my country and this is my last semester.

I learned that universities are merely an exclusion mechanism which soulless rich people utilise to send their children to, in order to pass on their socio-economic status. It's has absolutely nothing to do with education, science or free thinking. I think the 'better' universities in Assmerica are even worse from what I hear.

>inb4 America has best universities
That's nonsense and everyone knows that. (yes, you can keep your official statistics) They're just recruiting tools for rich corporations and law firms.

I've become really disillusioned because I realised that the people who will potentially cut my body open, represent me in court etc. are absolute idiots with rotten souls.
>>
>>26142788
If only more betas around here had the courage you have. I bet she was dripping soaking wet after getting slammed across the face by a real man.
>>
>>26142651
>uni isnt some magical free pass to becoming popular
If you're going to uni to socialize/become popular, you're doing something very wrong. All I care about is getting good grades/internships, graduating & finding a job. Anything else is superfluous.

>>26142718
And you.
>most people's ideas of a good time revolve around drinking
If this is true, then that shows what a sad, sad state modern society is in. Normies are so miserable w/ their irreparably mundane lives that they need to drink to have a good time? Bitch, I get a better high from listening to music than those junkies do from ingesting death.
>>
>>26143348

She was drunk and she had a boyfriend. A lot of girls there were acting pretty slutty, but a lot also had boyfriends. Most of the guys made me so fucking sad because I could overhear/sometimes participated in conversations regarding "Delicious flat chest" and "onaholes" and realized that this is the modern male. I also saw a girl with blue hair and a red beanie hat that everyone kept referring to as "he".
>>
>>26143475

Well, It's just drinking is boring as fuck, expensive and usually revolves around shitty and self-destructive activities. I'd much rather eat some shrooms or something, if people are getting high. I do wholeheartedly agree that university is (and should b) centered around gaining knowledge, skills and potential jobs, but socializing is part of human life and university is this supposedly mythical land of Halcyon days and fun and networking and movie land fucks you up, thinking it's like that. Besides, you have to do SOMETHING in the meantime for entertainment during 4 fucking years.
>>
>>26142788
You should've probably slapped her again
>>
>>26142548
I'm Uni in Australia.
Always massively jealous of the whole Greek / frat lyf.
Seems like a massive sense of comradery.

I go to school in Melbourne, i'ts literally in the middle of the city.
People come from far and wide, but very few live in close prox like American "college towns".

Being in a city has it'd advantage, staying back after classes to drink in one of 100 bars having uni specials on.
>>
>>26143601

>I'm Uni in Australia.
>Always massively jealous of the whole Greek / frat lyf.
>Seems like a massive sense of comradery.

Fucking this. I want that fraternal sense of belonging and kinship.
>>
>>26143682
Playing sport is nice, when you play for a club with a good social roots.
Run non sporting related social events ect.

But nothing would beat living in a share house with 20 of your best bros.
>>
>>26142548
Well, at least you don't have any kids paired with your massive debt...
....Right?
>>
File: frat-boy.jpg (72 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
frat-boy.jpg
72 KB, 480x720
>>26143682
But you have to be an ultra-chad. And you're surrounded by 2500+ other ultra-chads as well, all chasing the same 1000-1200 Sorority girls who literally only fuck the ultra-chads with rich parents (Based off what you drive and what apartment complex you live in).

Dude it's not that great if you're not in the top 15% of Chadom. Pic related, thats the look the ones who actually get pussy style themselves after.
>>
>>26142548
Drop out and stop trying to be something youre not (a student). You went to school to make friends, get laid, and get attention so just do yourself a favor and drop out. You're just a "normie".
>>
>>26144040
Why can't OP do both?
Surely developing interpersonal skills is just as important to academic success.

It takes more than a solid GPA to get the internship /job.
>>
>>26144110
Clearly that's not the case here. This guy has his social skills ready and he wants to use them. All that time spent on sex, drugs and rock and roll could be invested in something that looks good on a resume.
>>
Where the fuck do people find the te to party all the time?

Going to class, studying, and working sucks up all my time.
>>
>>26144806
*the time
>>
>>26144806
you pick an ez major that gives jack shit for homework
>>
>>26142548
>going to university seeking nothing but hedonism instead of wanting to further yourself through knowledge
No wonder the West is dying
>>
What the fuck do you expect to happen when you sit in your room? A bunch of fratbros are just going to break down your door and carry you to a party?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.