[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>started making chili and have no idea what I'm doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image%3A7231.jpg (190 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7231.jpg
190 KB, 500x598
>started making chili and have no idea what I'm doing
>never even had chili in my whole life
>I already screwed up by buying normal beans instead of canned
>and them by starting cooking an entire pound of them
Help me robots I already regret trying this
>>
>chili
>beans
that's where you fucked up
>>
>>26136487
The recipe said beans
I like beans in burritos
>>
I googled how to make beans and it said that instead of waiting all night I can just boil them for 2 minutes and leave them in the water for an hour is this true?
>>
>>26136452
Pics? Im interested in your progress
>>
If>>26136556
If it's raw beans you're talking about search up how to cook beans in a crock pot. The beans must be cooked first, and I guarantee 2 minutes of heat won't cook it whatsoever.
>>
>>26136560
I just bought the ingredients and boiled the beans for two minutes and now in ten minutes shy of an hour I need to clean them and boil them again
I bought black beans when the recipe said to use red
And I don't have one of those things to take away the water
>>
how do you just decide to do this without looking up a recipe?
seriously. you have the internet. what was going through your head?
>>
>>26136585
No, the two minutes aren't for cooking them its supposed to replace the leaving them on water the whole night
I really need this to go right since I don't have any money or food left
>>
>>26136626http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chili/c7df2894-907a-4309-a7f9-6e6f5a6c730d
I'm using this recipe
I didn't find any bell pepper juice but I bought a can of bell peppers
>>
Jesus. Yeah you can quick boil raw beans by boiling the water for a bit and then turning off the heat but covering it tight for an hour or two.

After that drain the water and you can cook it in the chili. Christ, at least tell me you can boil spaghetti? Had a guy friend in college who couldn't even boil noodles.
>>
>>26136452
Just look up cooking videos on youtube. I've learned 99% of my cooking skills from there and people in my family think I'm some sort of cook.
>>
>>26136660
I made meatballs last night
It was my first time making something that wasn't either a steak, pasta or rice
>>
>>26136602
To remove the water without a colander...you can just keep the lid on it but slightly crooked as you tip the pot over.
>>
>>26136687
That's good. At least you're not as inept as he was. And cooking is a fun/rewarding skill once you get into it.

I love baking even though it's my weakest.
>>
File: image%3A7535.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7535.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Ok here is my progress so far
boiled them for 2 minutes let them rest an hour and cleaned them
Now I removed half of them and I'm going to boil them again
>>
>>26136819
Black beans? You should have got kidney beans.
>>
File: 1453543664617.jpg (566 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1453543664617.jpg
566 KB, 900x900
>>26136452
DONT ADD SALT TO THE WATER LIKE YOU WOULD WITH PASTA OR THE BEANS WILL GO ALL HARD AND SHIT
>>
File: DANKMEM3.png (14 KB, 427x423) Image search: [Google]
DANKMEM3.png
14 KB, 427x423
>he doesnt even soak!
>>
>>26137011
Fuck really? I already did
>>
>>26137086
But it was just a little and i t was at the beginning so its OK right?
>>
My beans are almost done
They are OK but kind of dry is this fixable?
>>
>>26136452
man didn't i tell you last night that chili is terrible?

>>26136628
no that's not how it works at all you're suppose to do that like bring it up to a boil, let it sit for an hour, and redo that once or twice. This is weird because I think my mom just try this out and it turned out really kind of chewy sort of off consistency I was just sort of grateful that I didn't have to go find food for myself that I told her it was okay, it's not okay though friend that method sucks for cooking edible food.
>>26137171
dude salting is just to add flavor it doesn't help water boil or anything like if you got a spegetti strainer i would strain out the beans/rinse them off then just throw them in water over night.
>>
File: image%3A7536.jpg (901 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7536.jpg
901 KB, 2592x1456
>>26138572
The beans turned out all right tho I'm debating adding a second can of tomatoes since it seems like its not enoguh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.