[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had to bury someone close to me. It got me thinking, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Memorial Joshua Tree.jpg (364 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Memorial Joshua Tree.jpg
364 KB, 1600x1200
I just had to bury someone close to me. It got me thinking, what do you want done to your body after you die?

For a burial and graveside service of cremated remains it cost us over $3k. Burial of a body would have cost more than double that.

What about the funeral?
>>
>>last week visiting grandparents
>>grandmom asks me to come with her wants to show me something
>>shows me her stash of about 2k eur in cash
>>tells me it's her burial money and that she want's to be cremated

i would also like to be cremated, there would be no one to visit my grave anyways
>>
viking funeral
>>
literally just give my body to the birds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial
>>
>>26130442
OP why is there a fucking tank in the background?
>>
>>26130558
Viking funerals are god-tier, but is there anywhere in the world where that's legal? Where you can get away with it?
>>26130599
wait, what? Be eaten by vultures?
>>26130643
It's an outdoor chapel named for a general as far as I can tell.
>>
Seeing the outrageous cost of a burial (casket/vault/embalming) really bugged me, so i did some research on "Green burial" Basically they bury you, unembalmed, in a hand dug grave in just a pine or wicker box, or a shroud, and then instead of a tombstone you have a little GPS marker with your body so people can find you.

Put me in the ground, return me to the earth. I think I want everyone to sing "Time Will Tell" by Bob Marley.
>>
>>26130599
I've toyed with the idea of this. Other than that, either just dump me in the woods, or maybe buy me without a box and plant something on top.
>>
I have been thinking about it.

And honestly, I wish my body would just disappear the moment I die, without a trace.
No burials or cremations or other silly rituals.
>>
>>26131279
You should hurry up and begin your Jedi training, then.
>>
>>26130442
Theoretically?
I have a place in mind where I'd like to be buried.
It's on a mountainside. It's really pretty.

But given that it's illegal, expensive, and vane, I'll just be buried with whatever standard procedure there is.
In Greece cremation is illegal, and there's a chance that it "hurts", meaning some neurons are still alive.
So just bury me. I don't even care desu. I'll be dead.
>>
>>26131341
What?
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about
>>
>>26131392
Jedis disappear when they die. Yoda and Obi-Wan both did. They become one with the force.
>>
I want to be thrown into a river
Very cheap, maybe I'll terrify some people who find my skelly
>>
My heart says green burial, like just dump me in the woods kind of thing.

But desu I want to just build this big ass gothic looking mausoleum. But I want to built it NOW so I can paint it and fuck in it, I want it to be big enough to put shit in, like... I have so many plans in my head. I want it to be like three stories deep. I want this thing to be a fuckin historical monument.

Idk how the cemetery authorities would feel about it though. Maybe I'd have to buy land away from a cemetery.
>>
>>26130442
Cheap as possible, cremation and buried in the town I spent my first 8 years in
>>
>>26132183
I think you can apply for some kind of permit with the county, but I'm sure there are fees involved. If you've got the gumption to build a bad ass mosoleum, I'm sure you can handle the legality. It sounds pretty cool.
>>
I want all the women to wear their hair down. I want all the men to grow mourning beards.
>>
I want to be as well preserved as possible, so either embalmed in a lead coffin, or croyonically frozen. I just hope freezing tech has progressed by that time cause I don't want to be a mummy.
>>
>>26134422
If you can't be frozen, then what would be the point of trying to preserve the body otherwise? You're just delaying the inevitable, of what purpose? So you can be the best looking Zombie?
>>
>>26130442
I want my skull removed and the rest of my remains to be cremated.
My ashes to be placed in an urn and buried in a small grave site with my skull worked into a grave stone.
>>
>>26135573
Or maybe even have my skull made into an urn for my ashes
>>
>>26135573
>>26135604
Nah, I like the first idea better. What would be cool would be like a clear glass headstone with the skull entombed inside of it, so you can see the whole thing.
>>
>>26135452
get mummified and then resurrected 4000 years from now
>>
>>26135674
That's pretty optimistic. Assuming the technology exist to not only re-animate you, but re-generate your deteriorated body matter, who in 4000 is going to remember you, let alone give enough of a shit to resurrect you?
>>
>>26135452
Basically. I don't know I just want my brain intact and the best way to do that is to keep my whole body safe.
>>
>>26130442
When my Dad was dying he said wanted a metal coffin, embalming and a nice grave-site
He had already bought the plot, the funeral quoted me 35 thousand for the other shit, I live in a major west coast city, told him to fuck himself
Found a discount cremation place, pick up and cremation, with a cardboard box holder would be $400
When he died, the hospice lady signed off, I called everyone to see him, laid out on the couch under a sheet, place arrived in a minivan, backed into the garage and took him out, picked him up at 5pm, called me at 8am the next day and said he was ready
Took his cremains out of the plastic bag they were in and put them in a tie-dyed piece of cloth and tossed him off the Golden Gate Bridge one foggy morning, included a joint in the bundle and smoked one in his honor
That was it, no memorial, no funeral, no service, no $1000 obituary
Sold the plot for 15 grand
When my stepmother died at her nursing home I refused to claim her body, the county cremated her and after a year took her out on a boat off the California coast and dumped her and a couple of hundred unclaimed folks into the sea
>>
>>26137792
Sooooo you hated your parents?
>>
File: necrocard-2.jpg (317 KB, 509x681) Image search: [Google]
necrocard-2.jpg
317 KB, 509x681
reminder for everyone ITT who is undecided
>>
>>26138110
Stepmother was a piece of shit, her family could have claimed her, they didn't
My Dad expected me to pay all his expenses to "honor him"
If he really wanted something how could have planed and paid for it, he had 60 years to do it, he left it to me
He was dead, he no longer cared, he lived with me for 15 years, never made any provisions for his old age, gambled most of his retirement
Did I hate them? Nope, I honored my mother while she lived and my father also, the dead are beyond caring, so once your dead who gives a shit
For my stepmother, I had no care what so ever
>>
Cremation and then have my ashes be fed to the homeless or something
>>
>>26137792
>the county cremated her and after a year took her out on a boat off the California coast and dumped her and a couple of hundred unclaimed folks into the sea
What? Is this really a thing?
>>
>>26139524
In North Carolina it is, they do that every three years for unclaimed bodies. It varies by state.
>>
I want my body to be intact when the dead rise so no cremating or donating organs
>>
>>26139524
Any indigent person, poor, homeless, without family are cremated by most counties, some places still bury them in Potters Fields, in mass graves
Where I live the land is too expensive so they scatter the cremains after a year, supposed to be in secret, so family can't show up and put a memorial, the place I had dad cremated at handles all the counties indigent, I asked about it he said the take a boat off the coast and scatter at sea
My stepmother deserved nothing more than a scattering in a toilet at a bus station
Look up The Neptune Society, if you have one near you they do low cost cremations and scatterings, if not look up low cost cremations
Funeral services are all about making you feel guilty and at a bad time you spend a ton of money, on a bunch of nothing
Couple of states allow burial of a just a body in the ground,no embalming, no coffin, no concrete liner
Place in Colorado allows town residents to be burned in a funeral pyre
Norway and Sweden have a freeze dried system available, it's quick and pretty eco-friendly
Some company in the US is ready to start offering to cover bodies with spores and you become a mushroom farm
You can also donate a relative to a teaching hospital to help medical people learn about bodies, they will cremate what is left and return it to you
If the dead person was a military veteran and the family is poor there are a bunch of government and charities that help
Most funeral homes also donate basic services for families that have a child die
When I die, I will be beyond caring, so who cares, I have already pre-paid my cremation and my friends will scatter me in a bunch of my favorite National Parks
>>
>>26130442
>>26130442
I've wantedto die unburied for a long time now To just crawl under a rock somewhere where my body can't be found and decay in peace. I don't want a burial of any sort. Luckily, there will be no one left to grieve for me and the costs of my burial will just fall on my estranged sister's shoulders. She certainly won't expend a dime more than she has to, which means no ceremony, thank god.
>>
Just use a picture of me that looks good so that people further remember I had swagger at some points.

Other than that, meh. Whatever. I know they won't play the music I'd wanna anyway.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.