[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autistic Hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 58
File: Baby Pepe.jpg (77 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
Baby Pepe.jpg
77 KB, 460x628
Anyone here had/have any autistic hobbies?

>When i was a kid up until i was 19 i used to play with little plastic army men
>I used to play with them in the backyard, setting up whole battlefields
>Eventually shame became stronger then autistic urge and stopped.
>>
I (18) still play with my beanie babies as if they're gi Joe's. I have the plastic guns and everything
>>
I collect nazi memorabilia
>>
>>26122753
i think that sounds cool tbqh family
>>
I'm a diagnosed autist. I play pokemon.
>>
>>26122694
I still had in my room and played with my legos, playmobile, hotwheels, plastic army men and stuffed animals and other toys up until I was about 17 or 18yo. It wasn't even my idea to put them in the attic, I was just too timid to say no when my mom decided it was time to put them away for good.
>>
File: 1433890217491.gif (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1433890217491.gif
172 KB, 400x400
I used to collect antiques in elementary school
>>
thankfully being a nintendo fanboy and growing up with the nes/snes/n64 etc got me into programming and electrical engineering, but i swear i wouldn't be a neet if i never played those god damn things
>>
>>26122932
you didn't need to tell us the first part mate
>>
>I literally play with knifes
>count flips in order to know when to grab by the handle
>hand is fine but have few cuts
>know how to do shit-ton of tricks with simple butcher's knife
One of these days, my stupid ass self is going to fuck up and just get a fucking knife stuck in my eye.
>>
Developing a score system for sports I can play on my own and then having tournaments based on it.

I usually try and differentiate teams by having them use different tactical styles (i.e. more attacking or a tendency to play it safe when they have a lead)

I also try to avoid getting too attached to the story of a team so I don't end up playing in a biased matter.

I record a lot of results in excel and usually spend a bit of time doing a "pre-match analysis" based on overall records and recent matches.
>>
>>26123034
I wanted to stress that it wasn't just meme autism
>>
>>26122694
I used to up until like thirteen when I just kinda caved into social pressure and threw out most of my old toys.

I still get the urge to buy a couple packs of them from the dollar store sometimes and set up shop. I remember there's a /tg/ homebrew out there to play with them as a skirmish dice game and if I had someone autistic enough to play it with me I would in a heartbeat.
>>
>>26123054
That actually sounds pretty sick. I suppose there's no way you'd be able to show any tricks, but what about your favorite knives?
>>
>>26123061
Describe these sports please. Examples needed.
>>
>>26123061
Got any pics of your spreadsheets, anon?
>>
>>26123132
There's this long ass dagger that my parents brought from their home country, and I play around with it like if it was a drum-stick. Literally just looked up drum-stick tricks and learned from there.
>>
File: 1448086709447.png (73 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1448086709447.png
73 KB, 900x900
>>26122694
You should start playing with them again.

There is no reason to be ashamed. People that judge you for enjoying something so trivial are horrible human beings in the first place.

Go buy a pack of army men and have fun/set up photo-shoots or whatever. You can probably do it better than before now that you're older.
>>
>>26123282
Now that you're old enough to buy a lighter you can have some more gritty campaigns too
>>
>>26123332
And he could make little crutches for them out of Popsicle sticks or whatever for wounded troops with missing legs and shit.
>>
File: Karsan in Coloer.png (103 KB, 1866x869) Image search: [Google]
Karsan in Coloer.png
103 KB, 1866x869
>>26122694
is drawing maps autistic?
pic related
>>
>>26123332
I would do that with my older brother before he got too old for it. we would set up a battlefeild in the sandbox complete with little trenches and fortifications, set up the plastic army men, cover cotton balls with vasaline, and then took turns lighting a cotton ball on fire and throwing it at the enemy. Sometimes we would even build bases out of balsa wood including barracks and watch towers.
>>
File: 1443587385817.gif (872 KB, 216x191) Image search: [Google]
1443587385817.gif
872 KB, 216x191
>>26123369
pls answer , i want to know if im autistic
>>
>>26123369
Not too autistic. When you're drawing these up you're probably imagining things that happen in these imaginary places. Kind of like creating a story from a map instead of characters.

Is it realistic for all of these land masses to be almost parallel though? They all look pretty good individually except Xue Tu. I think a strip of land looks weird unless it's really mountainous.

Considering this is your hobby you probably know more about making fictional maps than I do though.
>>
>>26123369
If it is, I don't wanna be normal.
>>
>>26123369
>blood marsh
autistic name tbqh

But I like drawing maps too, on paper though not on paint, although the eraser shavings are a big reason to not do it on paper

i like harlton btw, who lives there?
>>
>>26122753
Got a pic?

Love ww2 shit
>>
>>26123054
I know a guy who did this. He tried to toss the knife high up and let it rotate a bunch of times in front of other people and it went through his foot and pinned it to his wooden porch floor.
>>
>>26123423
I agree Xue Tu needs work, thx
>>
>>26123444
Theocratic Lords and Knights crusading in Xivron.
>>
File: hams.jpg (106 KB, 700x469) Image search: [Google]
hams.jpg
106 KB, 700x469
>Pretend I host a talk radio show
>Do show prep and record into fancy computer pic
>Never post. Never apply for job. Never show anyone.
>>
When I was in elementary school I collected license plate numbers. Not the plates themselves, I just wrote down the numbers.
>>
File: imagination.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
imagination.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>26123807
I do that too. Just put on a random play list and "host". Strange, I'm not even a robot who wants to pretend talk or something, it's just fun to play with my imagination a bit.
>>
>>26122978
>>26123968
both pretty cool imo

do you still have your collection you could share?
>>
>>26123369
Those names are so annoying.
>>
i collect toys, mostly action figures. have about 6 shelves worth in my bedroom.
>>
>>26122694
I would reenact battles of green army men with you.
>>
File: ab_winters4.jpg (35 KB, 304x309) Image search: [Google]
ab_winters4.jpg
35 KB, 304x309
>reading books and making an inventory of all the numbers, colors, and common english sayings/phrases
>getting obsessed with random hobbies only to drop them a month later (last one was mechanical keyboards)
>record audio of random settings about my day, have thousands of them... everything from "quiet library" to "people arguing"
>love of finding people on the internet... like, if there's a cute girl who works at a coffee shop and I hear her first name, I'll find her online
>keep an arsenal of "thought spaces" in my mind... basically, architectural locations that I've witnessed before that I teleport my mind to when I'm thinking about certain things
>drawing people out in conversation to hear them share private and weird things

and I think that this one takes the cake

>anti-journeys
>anti-journeys are where I choose a location, like a really nice park/plaza/cafe/shop a considerable distance away (we're talking 45min-1hr drive
>travel ALMOST to the place then turn around and go home

I don't know why, the anti-journeys always crack me the fuck up.
>>
>>26124056
No, unfortunately. I don't know what happened to my license plate number collection. I think my father probably threw it out in one of his cleaning rages. He would get pissed off sometimes and just throw things in my room into the trash. He did it to my brother too. It was never to anything really valuable. But he didn't really look at what was on the papers he would throw out. Plus, if he did, I doubt he would have realized what it was and it's significance to me at the time (he was rather oblivious to a lot of things).
>>
I always wanted to get into drawing but I couldn't git gud.
So then I got addicted to drawing tile patterns.
It's a lot of fun when you figure out a pattern that looks nice and appealing.
>>
File: patterning1.jpg (1 MB, 1964x2000) Image search: [Google]
patterning1.jpg
1 MB, 1964x2000
>>26124638
I hate it when I forget my picture.
It happens all the time.
>>
I play piano
>>
File: patterning0.jpg (1 MB, 1397x2000) Image search: [Google]
patterning0.jpg
1 MB, 1397x2000
>>26124651
Also, my father got kinda mad when he saw my notebook, thinking I'm some kind of neo-nazi.
Yet he couldn't grasp what I was trying to do and see how beautifully perfect the swastikas interlock.
>>
>>26123369
geography major here, I like to draw maps too. Keep plate tectonics in mind when drawing maps, it would make them more convincing. I usually start by drawing the plates and deciding which directions they are moving before I draw the land and water.
>>
>>26124662

two handed independence is like crack for autists
>>
>>26124752
this tbqh
swastikas are one of the objectively best shapes out there
>>
>>26124662
shit man are you that dude from /mu/ that played piano for a month to get a gf
>>
>>26124752
>tile patterns

Is that you, tile fucker?
>>
>>26124424
This is really really cool anon, it legitimately made me smile. Anything you could post?
>>
>>26124809
I don't know what you are talking about.
I've never talked about tiles before on a chinese imageboard.
>>
Yes

I post on 4chan
>>
Not one thing in particular but I tend to get into something and get really obsessive over it. I learn everything there is to know about my current hobby.
When I was young I collected salt and pepper shakers and knew what year each of them were from
I got an interest in guitar and became a music theory nut, learning as many scales as I could, doing finger exercises, alternate picking exercises. I would theory craft guitars on custom guitar ordering websites over and over.
When I played mmos regularly I would constantly be looking up build guides and leveling tricks, techniques etc and would progress too fast for my friends, ending up being the only one playing anymore.
Reading this it doesn't seem too autistic but I'm pretty sure it's some form of ocd. I literally can't get into something without going all the way.
I'm currently moving past my dota 2 obsession and am building an interest in playing drums. I think my meticulous approach will lend itself favorably to something rhythm based.
>>
>>26124856
Haha, nice, thanks. You mean you'd like to hear one of the recordings? Or a story of something weird that a stranger has told me?
>>
>>26124887
i know a couple of people like this, actually. do you completely abandon something once you've learned all you want to know? i ask because that's what these guys do. they'll be on something for awhile, completely obsessed with it, then they'll drop it for the next thing.
>>
>>26124887
This is definitely the brighter side of "autism" (the term is used very, very loosely here... but it's interesting that people who seem different in an autistic way tend to be drawn towards certain interests.)

...you know, the endless capacity to learn or work on something, even if it's seemingly pointless or impractical. I think that's how autists through history write dictionaries and solve equations and shit.

I guess the fact that autistic interests go against social norms contributes to the "anti-social" aspect of aspergers/the "autism spectrum".

You and me seem to be a lot alike. I don't consider myself to be the smartest person around, but I definitely do feel like the obsessive trait makes me somewhat gifted. The downside to it from my personal experience is that it's just so fickle. And that when I get pulled out of the obsessive/fixated zone, I tend to get this feeling of "what the fuck am I doing with my life".
>>
>sillypost on a Cambodian clog carving board
>do strange manic dances and name each one, e.g. 'the wiggily wiggily woo'
>occasionally prank call family members pretending a confused Indian man who has the wrong number, demanding to speak to 'Ramajin'
>>
File: Am2iqd6CAAAjCBx.jpg (30 KB, 484x648) Image search: [Google]
Am2iqd6CAAAjCBx.jpg
30 KB, 484x648
I play with boats in the bathtub. I made a bath thread several days ago.
>>
>>26125058
Anon you silly fucker
>>
>>26125056
>The downside to it from my personal experience is that it's just so fickle.

Not the one you're replying to but I felt exactly the same thing.
I can spend a lot of time reading and researching a thing but I tend to lose interest because my life is so unstable so I feel like I shouldn't be wasting my time.
Until I find something new.

I recently even taught myself knitting.
>>
>>26125058
>>occasionally prank call family members pretending a confused Indian man who has the wrong number, demanding to speak to 'Ramajin'
i used to do something similar, except it was a chinese guy from a takeout place asking directions to their house. he was very persistent and wouldn't accept the idea they hadn't ordered anything.
>>
>>26122694
I'm 18 and I still collect lego, star wars lego specifically. I also started a collecting fountain pens pretty recently
>>
I am really into treasure hunting. What I really want to do though is buy a good camera to make a movie with, and then hire (for low pay) actors from my local university for the films I write. The first thing I want to do is make a treasure hunting-themed (think national treasure on a budget) movie on the islands in my state. I also have an idea for a Band of Brothers style mini series about the Roman conquest of Gaul, that follows a Legion and a small group of men in it.

A cyberpunk neo-noir detective story would be badass too. Now I just need the money, since what's left of my summer wagecuck bux isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>26122694
I take cringeworthy photos and film even more cringeworthy videos. Some of them would actually be adorable if I were 20 years younger or a girl.
>>
I build model aircraft and tanks and stuff.
>>
>>26125103
Exactly... it's weird though. I mean, how could these things be a waste of your life if you legitimately get that spark when you do them?

For me, it's that I'm 22 and I still haven't started my career, so there's a feeling of guilt associated with doing things for free/for their own sake. It's my lack of social standing, in other words. I can work so hard at something and have nothing to show for it, at least in the eyes of other people. And if I ever do share my work, it seems so goddamned far-fetched to others that I simply feel embarrassed.

Oh well. We're gonna make it some day
>>
>>26124766
Good point, I've been getting into Gould's technique on Bach and the left hand chord progressions really take the pain away

>>26124792
No, what do you think I am some fucking normie? Nobody cares about wiggling their fingers on an instrument unless they care about people even less
>>
File: aquatic plant_023.jpg (108 KB, 1047x728) Image search: [Google]
aquatic plant_023.jpg
108 KB, 1047x728
I keep cichlids as pets and have 2 aquariums set up with them. I have spent many hours researching and studying their habits. I'm also into aquatic plants and growing sedums.
>>
Yes, I watch anime
>>
>>26124754
>plate tectonics

Nobody had time for that
>>
>>26125109
My friend is 24 and collects star wars lego as well. His room even looks like sort of a themed exposition. Not the most usual hobby, but I still wouldn't say it's autistic. People collect various things.
>>
>>26125216
Then you aren't truly austistic
>>
>>26125216
>Nobody had time for that

Time has never been an obstacle for autistic people.

I used to make animations with clay, it was the slowest hobby I ever did but I had so much fun.
>>
>>26125109
>>26125233

When I was young, like maybe 1996, me and my brother built the millennium falcon. My mom mailed a picture to Lego along with a message saying "hey, you guys should make Star Wars Lego sets!"

We never got a check
>>
>>26122694
I still collect pokemon cards from 1995-2000 and have probably 4k+ cards by now, I've been tested but I do not have autism or any kind of mental illness familia
>>
>>26125288
Got any 1st edition booster packs? I'll buy them shits off you, no joke.
>>
>>26125001
Yeah I do tend to abandon things after a while. It's a shame really
>>26125056
I can relate to that, just recently when I realized I could list every dota hero and their abilities by memory I had one of those what the fuck am I doing moments. I don't even want to be a pro gamer or anything I was just enjoying learning everything about the game. I think more so than actually playing it.
>>
>>26125299
I live in pakistan familia so I don't know how we'll transfer money and stuff, we don't even have paypal in our country. I'm 22 and my parents are pretty sure that I'm crazy
>>
>>26125320
>pakistan

How do you have Internet?
>>
>>26125320
For real, if you have English 1st ed base set booster packs (though I have no idea why you would), we will make it work and I will pay you well. I understand either way.
>>
>>26123034
But pokemon is for autists.

Can't you get that?
>>
I collect flakes from my scalp and then obverse them under a microscope, I also like to obverse any hairs that fall off and look at the roots, every time I do this imagine I'm seeing a smaller more interesting world.
>>
>>26124424

You sound like a really chill dude.
Would have city adventures with/10
>>
>>26124965
Not that guy, but I'd like to hear some of your recordings. What do you record them with?
>>
>>26124424
don't take this the wrong way as i'm sure you're perfectly fine dude, but you sound like the quirky love interest of an even quirkier girl in some shitty indie movie.
>>
>>26125360
he sounds like an autistic faggot

which he probably is, seeing as how he's on this board
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 995x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 995x1080
>>26125058
>the wiggily wiggily woo'
>>
>>26125281
>Time has never been an obstacle for autistic people.
Can vouch for this, I made a chainmail shirt link by link when I was a teenager, listening to my tiny music collection on repeat. I don't think I could do that these days, not because I'm less autistic now, but more because 4chan and youtube have killed my attention span.
>>
File: 1448246485690.jpg (39 KB, 601x451) Image search: [Google]
1448246485690.jpg
39 KB, 601x451
>>26123369
I really like your map Anon, it looks pretty cool.
>>
File: 1431074966175.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1431074966175.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>26124424
>>anti-journeys are where I choose a location, like a really nice park/plaza/cafe/shop a considerable distance away (we're talking 45min-1hr drive
>>travel ALMOST to the place then turn around and go home
This fucking killed me.
>>
File: carrr.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
carrr.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2592
>>26125362

Not that guy, but I also make random recordings.

Here is the waiting room of an oil change shop in a lower class american neighborhood.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0NpVdac7GFc
>>
>>26125473
Not that guy, but that's pretty cool. I like hearing different ambiances like this.
>>
File: Godzilla-_vs_Biollante_1.jpg (959 KB, 923x1280) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla-_vs_Biollante_1.jpg
959 KB, 923x1280
I'm 22 and I collect plush toys and posters. My room has always looked like it belongs to a 6 year old boy. I even have a giant dragon kite that hangs over my bed

I also don't really socialize or go out that much or have a solid career set up, so on paper, I'm a pretty stereotypical autist neet loser and it makes me feel bad but I dont know what Id be doing otherwise.
>>
File: fingerboard.jpg (415 KB, 1440x1036) Image search: [Google]
fingerboard.jpg
415 KB, 1440x1036
I fingerboard.
>>
File: 1452829894684.jpg (500 KB, 1044x1395) Image search: [Google]
1452829894684.jpg
500 KB, 1044x1395
>>26124424
Matt is that you? I knew you did a bunch of interesting shit.
>>
>>26125404
kinda the point of the thread!

>>26125362
Alright so the other day I saw these two street people... one of them was lying on the pavement, the other one was shouting stuff. I thought that the one was legitimately dying.

http://picosong.com/8LVf/

>ALL I WANT YOU TO DO IS FEEL GOOD!
>is he all right? does he need an ambulance or something? (turns out it was actually a woman)
>no, she's fine, sir, she's mentally ill and is going through a crisis right now but I appreciate your help
>go on my way (as you heard)

I just record em on my phone

>>26125360
thanks!

>>26125403
Oh shit. That sounds horrible
>>
File: 1453323575206.gif (80 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1453323575206.gif
80 KB, 248x203
>>26122694
>post on 4chan
>play singleplayer video games
>watch anime
>read manga
>read books
>jerk off to anime
>>
>I used to collect pennies
>I'd tape them to a long piece of paper ordered by year
>I still have it and I want to continue on it someday
>>
>>26125077
chill
>>
File: merica22.jpg (169 KB, 642x600) Image search: [Google]
merica22.jpg
169 KB, 642x600
>>26125489

I have some more field recordings if anyone is interested.

here are people talking about their kids' economic futures in that same oil change shop

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bqjCyld4Zq

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bqjCyld4Zq
>>
>>26125554
>http://picosong.com/8LVf/
Is that you talking?
>>
>>26125554
>Oh shit. That sounds horrible
don't worry about it. i just mean if there's some screenwriter in this thread don't be surprised if you end up in some shitty indie romance.
>>
>>26125473
Nice recording. Here's one from the other night. I started recording as I walked through a parking garage because of the howling dog.

http://picosong.com/8LVx/
>>
>>26125584
The voice that's a lot clearer and closer to the mic, yeah, that's me.
>>
>>26125554
That is very interesting, you should upload all of these and share them with everyone.
>>
Playing risk by myself with the 4chan risk template

Using a random number generator to determine the roll for reach country then filling in the map and pretending im one country while other anons are the rest

This way i can set my own pace

Also this makes time fly by like crazy, i played for 6 hours straight last night
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>be a hard core civil war reenactor
>be the youngest and most normie guy in all the reenactments
>all dem teens comin to camp after hours cause cops dgaf if youre drinking under age at a reenactment
>learn to be a pseudo normie in this safe and easy environment
>get first bj in a confederate uniform at age 17 in Illinois at a reenactment
>continue to sew and go to reenactments
>learn to play banjo because of it
>three years later i still love memes and reenacting but im in a southern school and in a fraternity
>tfw sucessful nonvirgin with several hook up girls because of a great hobby
>tfw great friends back in IL and always have interesting stories for girls at parties because of my hobby
>mfw they think its both unique and nerdy in a cute way
>tfw reenacting made me a functional person where my parents couldnt
>twf just normie enought to be liked and get laid while still connecting with my beta friends and roots
>tfw /fit/
were all gonna make it bros
>>
>>26125604
>those forlorn howls
>that elevator ambiance

This one's comfy as fuck
>>
>>26125621
I used to do something similar
I would play games like connect 4 and checkers by myself
I would just play both sides and see which would win
I was always conflicted though, biased towards one side
I never played equally on either
>>
File: 1453881897704.jpg (36 KB, 501x490) Image search: [Google]
1453881897704.jpg
36 KB, 501x490
>>26125633
>get first bj in a confederate uniform at age 17 in Illinois at a reenactment
I really want to believes this. I mean you did get dubs so I guess it's probably true.
>>
>dad is hoarder
>basement full of junk but has dart board
>manage to clear out 6 foot area in front of dart board
>"i'm going to throw 50 darts and see how many times I can hit the bullseye"
>start doing this over and over trying different techniques
>keep records of each round and chart improvement over time
>do this every day
>something to look forward to

last month dad hoarded more stuff put it in basement. dart board is completely blocked. i hate life.
>>
>>26125700

Why can't you just spend two or three hours digging in and move the board to your room? Most aren't fixed.
>>
File: chipsi.jpg (174 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
chipsi.jpg
174 KB, 750x1334
>>26125661
i swear every word of this is true. reenacting made me an pseudo alfa. if you have kids get them into it and then LEAVE THEM ALONE. part of making it for me was independence from my parents

also rush chipsi
>>
>>26125614
Damn, I dunno about uploading all of them. I'm digging for select cuts right now.

>>26125653
Definitely.

This one was a weird occurrence. A drum line started playing on the corner for cash. They were pretty good

http://picosong.com/8LXY/
>>
File: GhostAdventures8.jpg (36 KB, 495x370) Image search: [Google]
GhostAdventures8.jpg
36 KB, 495x370
>>26125604
Where is your parking garage? Ghost Mc2pooky-for-me-ville?
>>
What a bunch of weirdos you all are
>>
>>26125813
So fucking spooky. The phone mic is super sensitive so you get those machine drones that you don't really notice at the time, but in retrospect, sound like death. Especially in the elevator area
>>
I collect Sega stuff. Anything to do with Sega, really.
>>
>>26125844
You should really make a youtube channel of all your recordings or something. They're pretty cool.
>>
>>26122723

What? Please make a video of you playing with your Beanie Babies. I want to see this.
>>
>>26125794
>Ahwatukee

Hey, I live in that general area. Never heard of "The Icehouse," though. Is pic related the howling parking garage?
>>
Yes, as I watch anime.
>>
playing video games

fuck the robot
>>
>practice shadowboxing and watch martial arts DVDs
>watch anime
>take online tests
>have internet penpals

That's about it.
>>
I like to turn my guitar amp up really loud and play songs and sing while i imagine there's an audience watching and i even imagine certain people i know are there its the most autistic thing ever
>>
>>26125910
Icehouse is a fucked up abandoned warehouse where I used to record music with some friends

It was an ice factory in the '40s. Like, they manufactured these massive ice blocks in it for shipping food on the railways.

I had a room in the "cold storage chambers". One of the weirdest experiences of my life. The entire situation was very sketchy, as the other occupants were obvious drug addicts. They used to do things like cut the extension cords running into my room, steal shit, and write weird occult symbols on the doors. And there was this mannequin of a little girl that was obviously handmade by some weirdo artist. It had a detailed vagina. So anyway the methheads would put this mannequin in random places around the building just to terrify us.

Was very fun nonetheless. The experience was a lot like the episode where Bart gets the deed to a warehouse. Riding skateboards around, staying up all night playing the drums, etc. Pretty sure that you could shoot a gun in the place and nobody would hear it.
>>
i used to collect circuit boards. Like break open old nintendo cartridges just for the green shiny card.
>>
>>26126071
that sounds like the dream
>>
Uhm...
>Have a constantly constructing visualized place in my mind which is in space and on earth by now.
>Keep record of 'mind formations' in the form of what songs I can attach to them, got so bored that I have an entire inner continent by now.
>Mess around with my Bionicles still, make new constructions each week from same pieces.
>Prepare for fights with random people I've met and how to burn them to ashes, but not literally.
>After meeting someone immediately later in private see how much information is online from them; store it away, don't use for misconduct.
>Love using certain bodily behaviors and triggers in conversation to watch their reactions; back and forth sway, putting thumb on lip, watching pupils dilate and contract, biting lip.
>Collect random audio samples and gauge people into giving me them. Got a violin concert from someone.
>See if I can sink up martial arts moves I learned back when I did martial arts to the Killer Instinct OST. It feels so fucking awesome until you punch through the door.

May have a little unchecked paranoia.
>>
>>26126108
Totally. Here's a recording from this weird room that we called the devil room. It has like 10 seconds of reverb despite being very small. It's strange.

We were deliberately making a cacophony to scare away the methheads.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZXbeR3yEcW
>>
>>26126205
nice

you have been muted for 2 seconds because your comment was not original
>>
File: 1446220989649.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446220989649.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>26125058
>mfw this fucking post
>>
I make lists. Lists for fucking everything.
I guess it's not really a hobby, but it's definitely autistic.
>>
File: animal1.jpg (40 KB, 1261x886) Image search: [Google]
animal1.jpg
40 KB, 1261x886
Drawing fantasy-animals....

I have been doing it as long as I have remembered. But I struggle with fine-motor skills so they always end up looking like crap. I prefer drawing it on paper, but there is no paper at home right now.

When I was younger I would draw them and make detailed info about each species/animal.

It was fun desu.

Pic related.
>>
>>26124424
You're rad - Can we be friends?
>>
File: dsfsdfsdf.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1328) Image search: [Google]
dsfsdfsdf.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1328
I collect Japanese animation art. That is; sketches and cels drawn by the hands of animators in the creation of anime.

pic related
>>
>>26125202
nice picture desu
I used to keep puffers
>>
>>26124424
>>keep an arsenal of "thought spaces" in my mind... basically, architectural locations that I've witnessed before that I teleport my mind to when I'm thinking about certain things

what the frick?
>>
Autism is just a meme that you "people" use to justify your failure. Just be yourself and you'll make friends and get a qt gf that'll have sex with you.
>>
Untill I was like 15 I would make up video games in my head and act out everything like im the main character and im going through the story mode. I would get pretty deep into stories it was real fun considering I had tons of toys to enhance my imagination.
>>
>>26126920
goddamn these chinese cartoons are ugly
>>
I've given up on it now, but I once regularly played Football Manager for at least 12 hours a day

>tfw literally a full percent of my life has been spent on that stupid broken piece of shit game
>>
File: 1450782900460.gif (529 KB, 214x362) Image search: [Google]
1450782900460.gif
529 KB, 214x362
just yugioh and figs
>>
File: Tapir.jpg (160 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Tapir.jpg
160 KB, 550x367
>>26126812
Looks like a Tapir to me
>>
File: 1436812089587.jpg (76 KB, 1020x795) Image search: [Google]
1436812089587.jpg
76 KB, 1020x795
Back when I was a kid instead of playing video games or something I always opened Paint and made a bunch of dots with the spray can and I'd play some kinda war game. Different colors were different factions/armies. Bigger dots were tanks and helicopters and stuff like that. I'd use some colors for destruction or big bombs or something like black and used the eraser when someone just died normally. I made sound effects with my mouth the entire time and played through all kinds of scenarios. Always did it at home when I was alone and when we visited somewhere because every single computer had Paint installed.

Sometimes people came in and asked me what I was drawing. I said I'm just messing around, guess it's impossible to figure out what I'm actually doing unless you know.
>>
I play Sonic the Hedgehog
>>
>>26123369
Rivion meetup? I live near The Hook if anyone is interested.
>>
File: Full Whitemap.png (8 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
Full Whitemap.png
8 KB, 800x400
>>26123369
I make maps too!

here's a whitemap for a fictional world I made like 4 years ago. The big island near the center is kalled kalyn. there's a city near the top nicknamed 'the raven's eye' because the isalnd looks like a raven on a branch.

I have a labelled version somewhere with factions and towns etc. I had lore for the world on a laptop, but that's long gone. it's all in my mind now.
>>
File: 1436489022169.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1436489022169.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
I complain about not having friends all the time when my only hobbies are drawing, weight lifting and playing the banjo.
So I try to get drunk with normies to ease up but it turns out my alcohol tolerance is zero at which point I can't stop myself from talking excessively about my fourth hobby: collecting information on exotic birds.
>>
>>26122694
I used to collect samples of the chemical elements.
>>
File: Screenshot (465).png (239 KB, 507x420) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (465).png
239 KB, 507x420
>>26122694
I used to write stories in my head

Not really 'write' them, as much as I played out scenes and plotlines in my head and then made more scenes to connect all of them together.

I was a legitimately autistic kid so they were often fanfic-esque shortstories about video games or films.
>>
>>26122694
i beat off to loli
>>
I used to play with finger skateboards up until 12 or 13 years old, I ended up getting good and started doing real tricks and lines
>>
File: XR1sKTb[1].jpg (343 KB, 2592x3872) Image search: [Google]
XR1sKTb[1].jpg
343 KB, 2592x3872
>>26122694
I used to draw weapons and shit on my folders at school. A teacher saw and told me never to do it again and to get new folders.
>>
>>26128769

God damn I did exactly the same thing. Whenever anyone inquired I would say something along the the lines of "just testing something".
>>
File: hp-14.jpg (104 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
hp-14.jpg
104 KB, 500x450
>>26122694
I write Harry Potter wish fulfillment fanfiction. I am a 24 year old male.
>>
>>26128968
What was the purpose of shitting on your folders? Was it sexual? Why did the teacher brush it off like it was no big deal?
>>
File: luvs1992.jpg (67 KB, 604x800) Image search: [Google]
luvs1992.jpg
67 KB, 604x800
I have a diaper fetish and I collect vintage diapers

I have a pack of large 1992 Luvs that I cherish

no one must ever know
>>
File: mid_erth.jpg (249 KB, 1296x1011) Image search: [Google]
mid_erth.jpg
249 KB, 1296x1011
>>26128856
Make it again I want to see this. This thread has made me interested in maps and map lore.
>>
>>26123369
xue tu? did you just translate "snow land" straight to chinese for that
>>
>>26129092
I'm recreating some prime aspects of it from memory, so give me a few minutes
>>
>>26122694

I'm addicted to playing Minesweeper. I play it for at least 4/5 hours a day and listen to minor piano concertos when I do. I like to pretend that I'm the only person in the world and everyone else is dead when I do it and I'm just occupying time until I die and thus man dies. If I hit a bomb I drink a pint of water. This makes me concentrate and if I have a bad run I drink too much water and feel sick.
>>
>>26129250
Cool. Should label the map and stuff maybe give it some colour.
>>
File: coloured.png (12 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
coloured.png
12 KB, 800x400
>>26129092
>>26129250
alright, here it is

The light blue lands are ruled over by a self proclaimed faction of a goddess known as 'Her Vigil's Doctrine' It's a super religious land where witch burning and relgious practise is an everyday thing. They have very rigorous but ultimately benevolent values.

The gray area is owned by the rulers of the old world. they had far reaching power before a guy called keroin (a godlike being) came down and started a war and gave the power of magic to a select few (but that's all expository lore that I don't think I'll explain to much of an extent here), The imperious prime council is now a shell of it's former self, though they are the fairest of the factions.

The red lands are controlled by a splinter group of the imperious council, called 'The descendancy' they were pissed off at keroin, and basically everyone else too. they're just straight up evil motherfuckers etc.

the purple and green guys are The keroin priesthood and the sect of vastae respectively. once again, expository lore.
>>
>>26129413
Ha nice. Interesting little hobbie m8. Keep it up
>>
>>26124424
Those field recordings sound cool. Put them together in an album and sell it on band camp or something.
>>
File: ConDrawing34.jpg (916 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ConDrawing34.jpg
916 KB, 1920x1080
>>26123369
Never finished this, but kept it for the nostalgia. I don't know if it is autistic or not since I spent a lot of time on weird things like this when I lived in the countryside growing up; like walking around my county, braking into mines and old factories in the cities, making bombs, climbing abandoned railroad brides over the river, etc.
>>
>>26123054
could you practice with plastic knifes of the same weight?
>>
>>26124424
>keep an arsenal of "thought spaces" in my mind... basically, architectural locations that I've witnessed before that I teleport my mind to when I'm thinking about certain things

I do this unconsciously.

When pondering over things I am transported to various environments I have been to in my minds eye, what is odd is the environments bear no relation to the thoughts usually.

It is like working through ideas activates a visual-spacial long term-memory region of my brain.
>>
>>26122932

>diagnosed with memetism

Pharmajewtical companies at it again.
>>
File: hobby.png (28 KB, 586x579) Image search: [Google]
hobby.png
28 KB, 586x579
I stay in my bedroom all day every day, so when I leave my room I like to make a game of it.
I tie it into my more normal hobbies which are

1. Listening to national anthems
2. Drinking a range of teas
3. Reading about airports

So whenever I go downstairs and my family is in the kitchen, I play a national anthem loudly before I go downstairs. Then I offer everybody a cup of tea of a different type each time.

When I get back I write down the reaction to me walking downstairs, the reaction to my offer of tea, the general atmosphere in the room then I compare it to an airport I have read about in terms of which airport it is closest to.

Pic related is a classic example from a few weeks ago.
>>
>>26122694

I'm a normie, but I don't find anything particularly wrong with playing with toys. Hell, when Christmas rolls around I'm always helping my small cousins put their toys together and playing with them.
>>
>>26123369

Lol stealing this for my d&d campaign thanks m8
>>
>>26129971
are you me? never knew other people did this.
whenever i talk to a certain person or think of a certain thing, i picture a place, and when i hate that place is ruins it for me
>>
>>26124424
You sound cool as fuck dude, wanna antijourney somewhere some day?
>>
File: ride through town.jpg (56 KB, 396x375) Image search: [Google]
ride through town.jpg
56 KB, 396x375
>>26130126

Do you also do this when you talk with people through 4chan? If that's the case, what's my environment/thought place?
>>
File: 2050.png (72 KB, 2243x638) Image search: [Google]
2050.png
72 KB, 2243x638
>>26123369
HOLY SHIT, I DO THIS KINDA!

i do future maps
>>
>>26124651
>kek
>pepe scribbles
>swastikas

truly the diary of a madman
>>
>>26122694
I spend hours on Google street view.
>travel the world without leaving my room
>>
>>26130172
when i'm on /b/ or /r9k/ (only boards i lurk) i think of my brother ex girlfriends apartment, i was 12 and they were 19 when i was there hanging out one day and she left /b/ open on her computer, thats when i started lurking. thought it was funny and haven't left since

i'm 20 now and i still picture that room whenever i'm on here or whenever i even think of 4chan
>>
File: issue 1 online (Custom).jpg (644 KB, 2067x1500) Image search: [Google]
issue 1 online (Custom).jpg
644 KB, 2067x1500
I used to make little zines that I'd print out, fold up and leave around random places.

this one's been edited for online viewing.

If anyone's interested in printing these things off and leaving them around your city in excange for an equally autistic favour, email me.

[email protected]
>>
>>26125473
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0NpVdac7GFc
someone is speaking chinese there
>>
File: hours.png (31 KB, 631x129) Image search: [Google]
hours.png
31 KB, 631x129
This is my autistic hobby.
>>
>>26130476
damn you live on there

original.
>>
>>26130352
that's pretty neat, anon. ever think of printing greentexts and leaving them around?
>>
>>26130289
Do you know about geoguessr. It places you on a random street and you are supposed to guess where you are.

I like to make it into kind of an adventure, where I try to gather clues to find out what country and city I am in.

Usually I allow myself a few small helps, akin to a guide that somebody would take on an actual international journey. For instance, I usually allow myself a guide to different road signs from different countries and guides to reading foreign characters. My highest score was 24999, meaning I was able to pretty much pinpoint my exact location every time.

My only hard rule is that I do not allow myself to look up a city name in google, because that pretty much gives away where it is.

Its pretty comfy to just look at road signs from different states and countries and try to guess where you are.
>>
Played with puppets until like 5th grade. Also drew comics about them. In retrospect it was probably not good for my social development.

Then puberty hit and I moved on to drawing self-insert Simpsons porn.
>>
>>26130476
dota 2 is a very very comfy game once you only play support. I've never played anything other than support even when I played dota 1 on garena
>>
>>26125554
>>26125584
you have a nice voice. do you have any with you talking a lot (sorry this sounds creepy)
>>
File: 1452146827564.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452146827564.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>26130208
How tf does Texas establish a colony?
>>
>>26132320
its the future anon

Texas broke away from the USA a while back, its 2050 man.
>>
>>26130352
zine making is an absolute blast.
>>
>>26124754
I love geography but I don't know if it's worth studying in school... what kind of jobs are available for a geography major?
>>
I used to go out to my backyard and pace around just getting lost in my thoughts. I would usually play out made-up scenarios and action scenes. I could only do it in a small strip of concrete on the side of my house without windows though because if I was in front of any windows it felt like there were people watching me.

I also like to go on Google Maps and street view and imagine life in random small towns or comfy isolated big city alleys.

There was a thread about night walking a few weeks ago and the idea appealed to me but I think I would be paranoid and nervous the whole time so I've never done it.
>>
>>26124424
I want you to trick me into going with you some place only to turn around and go home, sounds funny as shit
>>
File: 1453941850084.jpg (105 KB, 780x505) Image search: [Google]
1453941850084.jpg
105 KB, 780x505
I am 19 years old

I have a collection of lego minifigs that I still will play with from time to time. I like to create worlds for the minifigs are tell a story with them, helps me go to sleep.

Kind of gay and my only autistic hobby that I can't shake no matter how hard I try.
>>
File: 1454120002662.jpg (64 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
1454120002662.jpg
64 KB, 582x582
"Playing" with action figures.

I would pick up a toy that felt good in my hands and then just jump/scamper around picturing things in my head that were completely unrelated to the toy I was holding. Moving around and shot let me daydream better.
>>
>>26128945
>until 12 or 13
Literally nothing autistic about that. I still play with them at 22 years old
>>
>>26134743
Yeah idk just got tired of it I know there is like a big culture of fingerboarding on youtube and stuff
>>
>>26129755
That's damn cool, Anon.
>>
>>26133334
Crusading is also better because you can rape Saracen women while you're crusading
>>
File: alcoholic.jpg (40 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic.jpg
40 KB, 550x412
>>26122694
>used to play guns by myself in the garden (we had a big garden) until I was 20
>obviously that meant this went on into my university years and I hid my bb guns under my bed at uni
>nobody ever knew
>once cleaning lady came over while I was out in the garden playing and I hid for an hour in the treehouse to wait for her to go, but she didn't so I eventually went back in and pretended I'd been on a hike somewhere (left gun in treehouse)
>basically continued doing it to this day because now I'm 25 and an Army commando officer, so I just do it for real
>tfw my job heavily involves being cold, wet, hungry and exhausted for long periods of time
>>
I do like maps and stuff like other anons hve managed.

I've always been a huge fan of imagining massive cities built on alien planets and all that.

Likewise, I suppose the above, except fantasy is also fun.

My imagination is hilariously overactive so I'm always thinking about something fantastical. I still go through made-up scenarios in real life sometimes just for the fun of it.

I guess I'm also pretty paranoid and maybe schizo too.
>>
File: Gxae7pJ.jpg (143 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Gxae7pJ.jpg
143 KB, 960x640
Daydreaming. I can just sit back and play a full movie in my head.
I sometimes play songs and make up an action sequence to them.
Collecting images of anime girls.
Tailing random people in town. I only pick thugs, or stronger-looking men, because tailing a woman or child will probably get me into a lot of trouble, and it just plain feels wrong.
>>
Started playing yoyo
I bought a butterfly type but i cant even do the most basic trick (the bind)
I suck at everything gnaaa
>>
>>26123369
/tg/'s got a world building general you can get pointers on, its not that autistic, me and my E-friends do it all the time.
>>
>>26130025
nice 123999
>>
Airsoft and wargaming
Top me pham
>>
>>26124752
kinda similar
I colour entire pages with pens
like completely
with just blue pens
i think i do it because i am always nervous though
>>
I'm 26 years old and in general a well-adjusted normalfag but...

>I have a giant stuffed shark that I share my bed with. Her name is Reef and I cuddle with her at night.
>I rehearse imaginary arguments with SJWs about politics. Sometimes when I'm alone, I catch myself saying them out loud.
>I replay conversations and social interactions in my head and imagine how they would have gone differently if I had a different backstory.
>I study Russian on the internet. I have never had a good reason to learn Russian.
>>
>>26124752
the SS symbols probably didnt help.
>>
I run around the house making pew pew noises in my head while immersed in some fantasy world I created
It's pretty satisfying
>>
I never quit Runescape.
I started back in 2005, and have never stopped.
The most I would do is take month-long breaks, but nothing permanent.
>>
File: IMAG0295.jpg (1 MB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0295.jpg
1 MB, 1824x3264
>>26122753
I sell nazi memrobelia, wassup?
>>
I roleplay on the internet.

None of that ERP or emoticon shit though, but, genuine stories with paragraphs and character progression.
>>
>>26126196
ALEX?
muted
>>
>>26138291
nice. My ex gf mother inherited quite a lot of Nazi propaganda such as recruitment pamphlets/leaflets given to Germans to join the U Boat service etc. I was amazed by them and she asked me if I wanted them I love that type of thing but I said no because I thought she was just being polite and valued them more than me.....2 weeks later she binned the lot of it. She said she did it because "they were horrible" meaning the skulls and shit on the design.

I wanted to be fucking sick.
>>
>>26123369
Probably is. I like it, but I'm not imaginative enough to do it myself
>>
File: nooo!.png (23 KB, 259x258) Image search: [Google]
nooo!.png
23 KB, 259x258
>>26124424
That anti-journeys thing really fucking triggers me
>>
>>26138291
>pony
kill thyself
>>
>>26130025
Post more of those reports I really liked that one
>>
>>26139146
Not him, but why? Bloxxxxd
>>
>>26123415
that's comfy as fuck. i had a sister :(
>>
I used to make life size guns out of household things because my parents wouldn't buy me call of duty.
This was when I was 17 years old.
I made 2 m4's out of carboard and a selection of handguns and uzi's out of lego.
>>
>>26123078
I still have a box of CORPS soldiers. Will you post the homebrew?
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>26139338
He's stopping before he gets to his destination and it really hurts my autistic brain. Just thinking about the amount of incomplete journeys he's made in his life makes me feel giddy. In my view it's comparable to being blue-balled. It's not funny or clever, and it really rustles my jimmies
>>
>>26127157
not him but I do this too, isn't this more common? The location will just naturally form when I think about some things
>>
>>26122694
All through my teens I would see how fast I could jack off, after 6 years I now have major premature ejaculation problems because of my "game", I fucked myself
>>
>>26128904
I still do this all the time, but I make the scenes sync with music I'm listening to.
>>
>>26122694
peeing in diapers and then hoarding said piss soaked diapers so that no one will find out.
>>
>still have a stuffed bear that I literally can't sleep without
>collect stickers but never put them on anything
>collect Christian leaflets, like Jack Chick comics and antiabortion flyers
>write terrible embarrassing poetry
>>
>>26130476
>>26130476
That's an entire year. A year straight, no sleeping eating shitting or fapping. Just playing a game. Holy shit how old are you
>>
I am very into skin care. I don't wear makeup because that's too faggy, but I have a huge collection of sunscreen and moisturiser, face mask, chemical peels, serums, creams, cleansers, all kinds of shit. I use them religiously every day with specific orders depending on thickness and ph and the weather and shit. I won't leave the house even to put out the garbage without sunscreen.

>>26138046
I also have a giant shark in my bed. Better than a love pillow.
>>
I programmed a random world generator with randomly generated maps, people and languages

The interface was completely in the made up languages e.g. it would come up with hundreds of lines of some random shit like "yewis boro 17#" (although not exactly because I can't post non-ascii text here) with an English to Language dictionary at the start and new words being added as time advances
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.