[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eventually /r9k/ will shut down due to no more possible original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1448427279058.png (1020 KB, 1216x783) Image search: [Google]
1448427279058.png
1020 KB, 1216x783
>Eventually /r9k/ will shut down due to no more possible original comments
>>
>>26122248
Making original comments is a discrete combinatorial system. We cannot possibly run out.
>>
>>26122248
Umm..

Why did I get hard looking at this dumb picture?
>>
>>26122696
Something about it must be your fetish
Chicks with dicks?
Impossibly large dicks?
Pierced nipples?
>>
No, because in turn, other posts expire and become valid again......
>>
>>26122248
That's technically true, kind of, but i hope you're aware of the magnitude of time needed until that sort of thing happens.
>>
>>26122730
Anything remotely close would be
>cowgirls
>thighhighs
>bigtits

I guess so
>>
>>26122632
How so? We have a character limit, so doesn't that mean there's an exhaustible amount of character arrangements?
>>
>>26122248
Pretty sure things get knocked off the list after a month or 2
>>
It'd be pretty fitting if the board shut down because nobody bothered to fix an obvious problem that took ages to have any impact
>>
>>26122989
We'd all be long fucking dead before we ran out of all possible combinations up to the character limit
>>
>>26123204
fug that hits close
>>
>>26123222
This is also why Solar power is subjectively the best power

Lot of stars out there
Humans will die off before we exhaust the energy

LITERALLY UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>newfags

they'll just reset the filter like they've done a few times in the past. it's like you guys just started browsing a few months ago.

>oh wait, you did.
>>
>>26123222
I get that, but i said exhaustible, meaning they aren't infinite.
>>
>>26123263
>LITERALLY UNLIMITED
>LITERALLY
Stop triggering me.
>>
We'll just make up some new words fangpyre
>>
They turned of the bot retards
>>
>>26122248

>EventuaIly /r9k/ will shut down due to no more possible original comments
>>
>>26123407
You can't. You'd have to make new letters, or use other characters. If no original posts are possible anymore, then you used every possible arrangement of characters. You've written every single thing anything could write ever within the /r9k/ post limit.
>>
>>26123457
>>26122248
Well, ofc it is limited but since there are 128 characters in the simple ASCII table and there are 2000 possible characters in a post, a post containing 2000 would have 2.62*10^4214 possible combinations of characters. Even if you were to use only digits and the alphabet you'd still have around 2.00*10^3556 possible combinations, which is far from being literally unlimited but is damn close enough to being virtually unlimited.

I tried recently to generate all possible sentences with 9 or 10 letters by making every single combination of words possible for my trip generator. Needlessly to say, the computations alone would take several years and I only had several trillions (10^12) combinations possible.

So there you have it, y'all faggots.
>>
>>26123222
>>26123222
You wouldn't have to exhaust all possible combinations of characters; just all intelligible ones.. Meaning posts will eventually have to become more and more complex. Still, eventually there will be more and more people being banned for posting seemingly original comments, people will have to be careful.. I imagine that'd impact the community pretty heavily

Either that or people will just start to dhsjwjwbdbfo2-$-hehdjfo+$+391
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.