[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to gym for first time >literally all Chads with huge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 665x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 665x385
>go to gym for first time
>literally all Chads with huge arms
>feel like a bigger loser than ever before

Never again.
>>
What the fuck did you expect? Keep going though you faggot. It'll turn out to be one of your biggest regrets
>>
>>26095551
But they all have big arms because they go to the gym. One day that will be you, just keep at it and eat your oats
>>
That's why you go to planet bitchness to avoid gymtimidation
>>
>>26095551
>get gym membership. soexcited.jpg
>get called a weak faggot by two ripped guys
>pay $65 to cancel membership that day.
made a weight set out of concrete and lead pipes. im fred flintstoner bitches.
>>
>>26095551
If your weak looking and insecure i can not understand why you would set foot in a gym

You can just buy some 30 dollar weights and do most exercises at home
>>
Nobody fucking cares, really

Just keep going and you do you, absolutely nobody there is thinking "wow that guy is such a small faggot haha" except for you

People want you to succeed unless they're 15 years old. Those guys that are big as fuck? Where do you think they started? They'll see you coming back over and over, and notice your progress, and gain respect for you over time

You either give up now and be a sad cunt or you can keep going and enjoy yourself
>>
>>26095551
If you can't even handle being around males who are bigger than you, you will get nowhere in life
>>
>>26095551

google musclebond and buy as much pharmacom shit as you can.

Eat 200g protein a day at least, 300g if you're over 6ft.

I just lift bitch weights now and get awesome pumps/isolations and look bigger than those fat retards/dyels who lift much heavier weight.

Also op, you're not indian so at the very least you're not at the bottom of the totem poll.
>>
>>26096274
Dont tell him to keep going, he can do it all at home
>>
File: yellow-mt3-00070.jpg (1 MB, 1808x1357) Image search: [Google]
yellow-mt3-00070.jpg
1 MB, 1808x1357
>not making your own gym in the mountains
>>
File: 1449512953747.png (187 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1449512953747.png
187 KB, 346x406
>>26096274
>People want you to succeed

This is surprisingly true, gyms is an environment full of focus and discipline, making them healthy environments. (not made for the overthinker, "ughhh I'm so weak and small and they're all so big I-IS THAT STACEY OVER THERE!?")
>>
File: Toad 5.jpg (36 KB, 366x251) Image search: [Google]
Toad 5.jpg
36 KB, 366x251
>>26096174
Its hard a first.

chads throwing their gym bags on empty benches/equipment they aren't even gona use, hogging the platforms, being downright unfriendly and inconsiderate.

Working out by yourself is the worst, wish I could go with other robots.
>>
>>26095551
As a shorter guy chubby guy, I went through the same issues. Always had beef heads and narcissistic retards watch me or felt entertained by at me doing skull crushers, ect.

Honestly, fuck'em. Call them faggots and move on.
>>
>>26096431
Exactly. It's starts at putting that nonsense aside.
>>
>>26096431
Very true

And a lot of the people I've met through the gym are pretty smart. It takes a lot of discipline and maintenance to get big/fit

And I've found that working out has helped my mental focus as well

>>26096357
I suppose it's true that you can work out at home, but it's nice to have a gym partner/safety of being around others, in case you want to do a heavy lift or do something dangerous, or having others to check your form. I suppose it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. For a swimmer's body, you can do everything from home. To look like a big bear, gyms are a wonder
>>
>>26095551
/fit/fag here, this is based only on my experiences but usually the biggest guys on the gym are the nicest and the most helpful, just talk to them and ask about workout advice and sometime you will have arms as huge as them
>>
>>26096274
How delusional do you have to be to believe this?

No matter what, no matter where the majority of people doesn't want you to succeed, they don't want you to become their equal or a superior, in work,sports in anything remotely competitive (even the gym) people WILL always do everything they can to keep you down, there's only a very small bunch of altruists.
>>
>not having a home gym
>>
>>26096640
you RADIATE insecurity dude.
>>
>>26096274
>nobody fucking cares
Lmao

At my gym, there's a group of Chads that go up to newcomers and pretend to help them out, then laugh a them if they can't do a bench press, calling them pussies and weak, and telling them to leave

I've seen high-schoolers cry because of it. Hell, everyone in there laughs at weaklings, especially one of the regulars that's a girl, who points every every skinnyfat guy and laughs at him with her friends

People in the gym DO NOT like you, and /fit/ needs to stop parroting this meme
>>
>>26096640
It's not altruism to want somebody to succeed

It's altruism to help somebody else out and expect nothing in return and even that can be argued against, because you get good feelings from helping people

I've been going to the gym for a bit over three years, and I've gotten plenty of compliments and high fives and shit like that from other gym goers. People love to see progress, and people want to be excited for you

Of course, there will be people that don't want to see you succeed. And if you were to be a 95 lb weakling and suddenly explode up to a 220 lb bodybuilder, yeah, people will be suspicious and envious, but I think you're the delusional one if you think that most people (or at the very least, most gym goers) want to see you do well

Gyms are a community, and if you go long enough, you'll belong to the community. A community is only as good as its weakest member, and so it benefits the whole environment to help out the weakest link
>>
>>26096754

Better lift in a commercial gym then(NOT planetfitness) instead of some shitty hole-in-the-wall for schoolboys.
>>
>>26096777
it's the uni gym at UCSB
>>
>>26096812

>uni gym
>not full of fucking retards

What the FUCK did you expect? anything related or near uni/school is bound to be shit.
>>
File: CBT.jpg (199 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
CBT.jpg
199 KB, 720x1280
>>26095551
Chadbot here. I look swole and I go to the gym a lot, but I'm a robot. I'm there four days a week and literally no one knows me there. Just because I pick up heavy things and eat protein that doesn't mean that my pathetic social anxiety is cured.
Pic related, people on /r9k/ think I'm a Chad all the time.
>>
lift at home. or do body weight stuff.
>>
>>26096754
are you in juvie or something?
>>
>>26096867
UCSB
>>
File: 4-chan-yellow-face-meme.jpg (42 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-yellow-face-meme.jpg
42 KB, 330x319
>>26096852

>no muscles
>gyno

this has got to be a troll holy fucking shit lol
>>
>>26096927
>pecs
>rounded shoulders
>defined biceps
he looks like a Chad to me
>>
>>26096640
>being this edgy

What the actual fuck are you talking about? The first day I want to the gym, no less than three people came up and told me that I looked like someone who needed a spotter or a lifting partner, and based on the other anons in this thread, the same is true most other places. I know I'll only be reiterating what others have said, but gyms are by their nature places of positivity and focus, and people do legitimately want you to succeed
>>
>>26096987
More like rounded boobs
>>
>>26096927
LMFAO brah this isn't /fit/. Maybe on there you can nitpick literally any flaw his body has by comparing him to guys on roids, but on /r9k/ that is 100% Chad-tier
>>
>>26097036
> Current year
> Can't tell the difference between a muscular chest and literal titties
>>
>>26096640
In order to understand this >>26096762 you have to stop believing that you can be inside one, two, or tons of people's minds, most of the time you can't go to a fucking gym just because you THINK that people will laugh or some kind of retarded shit, man up lad, outside world isn't like image boards, full of immature people acting like 15 year old kids.

>people WILL always do everything they can to keep you down

stop browsing /r9k/, go outside, find a hobbie, and negative thoughts and "people" will disappear
>>
>>26095551
>buy squat rack, bench, bar, and weights
>never go to the gym again

Only real reason not to do this is if you can't make the space. There should be some sort of collapsible free weight set. That invention would probably make a lot of money if it hasn't already been done.
>>
>>26095551
Dude, people at the gym love seeing people trying to get in shape or better themselves, if they even notice them. All of them started unfit at some point. It's also a great place to socialize, if only a little.
>>
The fuck are you faggots whining about in this thread?

Sure it can be intimidating at first, but no one is actually judging you. If anything they're rooting for you.

You cunts are being more judgemental than the chads in the gym. Chill out and do your exercises.
>>
TELL ME HOW TO GET /FIT/ WITHOUT HAVING TO READ 300 PAGES OF CORRECT FORM IN STARTING STRENGTH
>>
>>26097252
this. The big guys are always extremely friendly and easy going. They'll help you out if you need a spot/ technique advice.

The gym is generally a very positive place. it's hard to be in a bad mood when you're working out, and everyone just wants to better themselves.

The people who say this aren't lying. If you see the gym as a dark, scary place then you're simply bringing your own problems to the table. Relax and focus on working out. The more you go, the less you will worry.
>>
>>26097307
Form is essential. In any exercise you do, you'll need to learn form.

If you don't want to learn form then I doubt you'll get any results. It means you're not serious about the gym.

It's not that hard to learn. Watch a few videos and maybe read some pointers and you'll be on your way.
>>
>>26097252
>>26097280

This. I have been going to the gym continuously for 6 months after taking a 2 year hiatus. So I am pretty big but not huge. Anyway, the point is I see other people in the gym who may just be benching the bar or something but at least they are trying. Same goes for older people who are busting their ass on the treadmill. At least they're putting in the effort. For me personally, it inspires me to work harder when I see bigger guys at the gym. I also pay attention to what they;'re doing for possible workout ideas.
>>
File: 1405555324268.jpg (273 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1405555324268.jpg
273 KB, 800x800
>>26096446
>chads throwing their gym bags on empty benches/equipment they aren't even gonna use, hogging the platforms, being downright unfriendly and inconsiderate.
Dude what?
This has never happened in any gym I've been to in the 5 years I've been working out. You're full of shit. Everyone is friendly and respectful. At worst, someone might inadvertently take your machine before you've finished, but they apologize and get off or ask to alternate with you.
>>
>>26097307
brah, the first step to getting /fit/ is to read the sticky BECAUSE it weeds out the people that just want a quick cure. If you can't be dedicated enough to read the sticky, do you really think you'll be dedicated enough to stick with the gym?

For the first year or so of going to the gym, all I would do is research random shit (workouts, nutrition, etc) every single day. You have to REALLY want it, and you have to work for it
>>
>>26097479
>everyone is friendly
Lol, me and my gym mates pick on any DYEL manlet that's new and steal their weights when they're not looking

They take it as us just fooling around and being "friendly" which is probably what happened to you
>>
File: 1405570686497.png (239 KB, 421x433) Image search: [Google]
1405570686497.png
239 KB, 421x433
>>26097522
I don't doubt that you're a rude piece of shit, but stop trying to make robots think bullying is a typical gym experience. A high school gym is one thing, but grown adults don't do that shit.
>>
750mg test E, 600mg tren E, 40mg dbol every day, and as much deca or eq as you can handle on top of it all, every week.

You'll blow the fuck up and gain like 25lbs a month.
>>
>>26098028

If anything the roid monkeys are the nicest. After they saw me going every day for a few months they started talking to be, commented on my improvements, and offered little tips on form that I didn't realize I was doing.
>>
>>26096174
im curious anon...why do you think them calling you a weak faggot matters?

like how would that have any repercussions in your life?

are you not at the gym because you are weak?
>>
>>26098961
Not him but they're bigger and stronger, some of them jacked on steroids. What are the chances I don't get put in a wheel chair say if I move one of their bags?
>>
>>26096162
HAHAHAHA
>planet bitchness

Literally a gym for pussies who are to self conscious enough to look at other people
>>
>>26096927
Dumb ass obviously doesn't know what bulking is
>>
>>26095551

>go to the gym
>just use the machines and treadmill because I don't know how to lift freeweights and don't want chads to humiliate me
>>
>go to gym
>5'4" skinny arab/indian kid doing shitty squats in the smith machine
>was only in there to do some rotator cuff exercises anyway
>teach him how to squat and overhead press
>has perfect form on squat past trouble finding a shelf because he's so skinny

To all robots, find the group of serious natty lifters in your gym and you'll be good. Avoid the bro Mcdude crowd.

I'm an autismo but making small talk in the gym has helped me really learn how to interact.
>>
>>26099033
what if u don't move their bags

idk im from the suburbs and no one is really looking for a fight but maybe its different in other places
>>
>>26099033
Kek. Lifters aren't fighters, most couldn't throw a punch to save their life.
>>
>>26099164
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

one of the better novice programs.
>>
>>26099164
I did that for a year, 3 days a week and nothing changed. I think freeweights are needed to make progress unfortunately.

Another thing why are Chads all fuckin 6'5" giants? I'm 6'2" and don't have a clue how they're all so tall.
>>
>>26099164
just ask others who do it if you're unsure or curious. Honestly, if you're working out and it doesn't feel right just say to someone nearby, "Hey, do you mind checking my form? I don't do this lift a lot."
They'll probably check your form and maybe even give you some tips if they do that lift frequently. Not doing freeweights will fuck up your joints and your gainz.
>>
>>26096754

And you don't intervene at all?

The fuck, man.

Gyms can turn into nasty places if you let assholes like that have the run of the place.

It's up to decent folk to make gyms welcoming, positive environments about self-improvement instead of Chad's Biweekly bully-a-thon where he gets his kicks because it's no longer socially acceptable to be an asshole as an adult anywhere else.
>>
File: 1430811864974.gif (834 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
1430811864974.gif
834 KB, 440x248
>>26096174
That's what I like about looking muscular by normie standards

Less people will disrespect you because they are intimidated and if they do, you can call them out and actually have the means to escalate it.

How dare someone ever try disrespect me like they used to.
>>
>>26099227
>>26099222
I'm Irish and these guys are pretty big and intimidating. I just feel outmatched if they start shit.
>>
>>26097343
It's a terrifying place filled with giant, angry men you lying prick.
>>
>>26095551

The Chads are not paying attention to you--at least you're out there doing something about it. A year from now, you could be a year in better shape or sitting right where you are whining.
>>
>>26095551

FYI, working out in the early morning is much better (and I am NOTTTT a morning person). Mostly old people there who don't give you a second glance, and way less crowded. And, you only have to take one shower a day and are more awake for work.
>>
>>26099254

They probably got sick of manlets with angry short man syndrome(ASS) always picking fights and got swole for self defense and deterrence.
>>
Go to a small location of a large gym chain in the suburbs
It'll be only old people and very vacant

Also go in the evening, like 19-22:00
>>
File: New Gym Posing ;D lol.png (1 MB, 1281x1113) Image search: [Google]
New Gym Posing ;D lol.png
1 MB, 1281x1113
>Go to gym
>You see a Stacy plastered with make up

Why do some women do this? It's a fucking gym, not a bar.
>>
File: en3uwhS.png (594 KB, 470x472) Image search: [Google]
en3uwhS.png
594 KB, 470x472
just go to the gym at 5 AM senpai. it is all lawyers and shit doing their morning workout. The chad frat bros all come in during the night
>>
File: amerifats1.png (621 KB, 474x465) Image search: [Google]
amerifats1.png
621 KB, 474x465
>>26101063
same reasons guys all coordinate their outfits and spend 10 minutes washing their hair in the shower to look good for qts
>>
>>26096921
holy shit, i wnet to UCSB a few years ago and the reccen wasn't like that at all

im actually sad
>>
>>26096754
what a shithole you live in
>>
File: l1.jpg (11 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
l1.jpg
11 KB, 299x300
>>26096162
>not calling it planet fatness

Are you even trying?
>>
>>26096754
this is total or bullshit, or this guy lives in russia or brasil or some other shithole
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.