[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw raised by a single mother How can I fix my girly betamax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1428763814542.jpg (45 KB, 257x293) Image search: [Google]
1428763814542.jpg
45 KB, 257x293
>tfw raised by a single mother

How can I fix my girly betamax personality caused by this? Is it even possible without professional help?
>>
File: Kierkegaard.jpg (87 KB, 432x554) Image search: [Google]
Kierkegaard.jpg
87 KB, 432x554
How does it manifest?

And please don't just respond with "I'm shy talking to girls"

Going out, meeting people and risk being not liked saying your opinion will be part of it in any case - you can start now
>>
>>26092393
I let people walk all over me just to avoid confrontation, this is also why girls generally don't respect me. I can talk to a girl easily if we share interests but it never goes anywhere because I'm a bitch.
>>
>>26092393
Not him but I was raised by a protective single mother that also spoiled me.

The "betamax" phenomena is not something that can be summarized easily. It's a collection of small traits that people pick up on. Subtle differences in body language and whatnot. Like speaking in a low, calm, humble tone, and not being forward with women, wanting to take it very slow. Stuff like making less eye contact and having a slouched, small posture (which is even noticeable if you're tall).

The result is that I'm a doormat that reeks of virginity and everyone can see it. I am described as adventurous and bold. I'll go out and have some crazy fun. I like traveling to new cities alone. I've risked my life in various odd and self destructive scenarios. But people still see the the meekness and naivety that permeates my personality.
>>
File: pepe_sex_staircase.jpg (226 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
pepe_sex_staircase.jpg
226 KB, 1000x800
>>26092576
all things that you have identified and can work on, no?
Especially stuff like posture and eye contact.

eye contact, tone...Just go in the creep direction for a bit, that's my advice
>>
>>26092683
I have worked on it a fair bit, and I've had some limited success with women even. But that only made me realize women are nothing but trouble, and now I plan on remaining celibate for my entire life.

I'm not making any excuses, I am trying to improve these flaws but I've been conditioned to have them since birth and I'm 22 still living with mom so... it will take some time. I'm not a misogynist, I'm a misanthrope. My plan is to live as a hermit when I get off of regular welfare and onto autismbux ($1,500 a month or so). The only reason I want to improve my social skills is to emit an aura of respectability.
>>
All the chads that went to my inner city highschool in lincoln heights were raised by single mothers. If you're looking for something to blame, it's not that
>>
You don't fix it, you're cursed. And the best part is if you don't lavish praise and respect on single moms then you're literally Hitler but for women instead of kikes.
>>
This is my life OP. I allow people to walk all over me to also avoid confrontation. I don't raise my voice or anything. I'm about to have a child and work a dead end job. I am pretty unhappy with myself.
>>
The popular thing is to let brutal guys shoot their spunk in you and try to absorb their manliness.
>>
>>26092354
After being raised by a single mother I just pretty much hate women and men and pretty much everyone. I think the thing that would make me pretty happy is killing my father, his parents, and my aunt and uncle.
>>
>>26092576
Also raised by a single mother and I act the same way. I can talk to people fine but have a hard time being forward. If I say anything mildly confrontational Adrenalin kicks in.

>sitting in tutorial on monday
>TA comes in, he's even more beta than I am
>"o-o-okay guys time to s-start..."
>nobody shuts up
>sitting at the front, in a rare moment of bravery turn around, say "hey, shut the fuck up"
>everybody quiets down, I turn back
>meanwhile my heart is pounding like I just ran 3km

fuck
>>
File: 1406738019817.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1406738019817.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>tfw also raised by a single mom
>tfw also beta
>tfw also submissive
>>
sons of single moms, why did your fathers abandon you?
>>
>>26092354
>tfw raised by a macho 80s action hero style violent built-fat father
>tfw I'm a skinny, omega, lanky weak (both physically and socially) faggot
the ride never ends OP
>>
>>26093134
Birth control accident. Dad left before I was born.
>>
>>26093134
Because he died when I was 7
>>
>>26093134

He was in and out of jail most of my formative years because of drugs
>>
>>26093134

Had too much debt so ran away to live in Spain for 10 years till they couldn't come after him for it any more.
>>
>>26092354
Professional help will make it worse.

Paying someone to listen to you talk about your feelings is as beta as it gets.
>>
>>26093134
They found out they weren't as compatible as they thought, they're not divorced legally but both are separated, they're also both in a relationship with other people.
I'm the son of two literal cucks.
>>
>raised by single mother
>26 years old
>still can't talk to people
>feel like a child that should remain quiet when around adults, even if they're younger than me
>>
>>26093451
What if I have literally no one else to talk to?
>>
>implying a single mother has anything to do with the shortcomings being mentioned in this thread

the second the child enters the school system and starts watching tv the parents have zero control over how the child ends up
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.