[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it get better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14
File: 1440212966949.jpg (589 KB, 1920x886) Image search: [Google]
1440212966949.jpg
589 KB, 1920x886
Does it get better?
>>
>>26088048
No anon, it does not
>>
It most certainly does not.
>>
>>26088048
No, your pile of responsibilities increase and any empathy when you can't make it as a functioning adult is nil.
>>
File: anim-lolnig.gif (2 MB, 228x180) Image search: [Google]
anim-lolnig.gif
2 MB, 228x180
>>26088048
the thought of it getting better
>>
No.
bloxbloxl
>>
I have a gf.
I still feel empty.
Nothing else worth trying to achieve.
Pointless.
>>
File: bad things.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
bad things.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>26088048
it actually get worse
>>
>>26088048
It can if you were dealt a decent hand and decide to start playing the game correctly. It doesn't if your cards are shit, not matter what you do.
>>
why can't you suicide if you know for certain that things aren't gonna get better? Help me suicide please, I keep procrastinating.
>>
You will stop caring.
>>
>>26088048
That depends on your answer to: Are you willing to take initiative to improve your situation?
>>26088228
>It doesn't if your cards are shit, not matter what you do.
We resort to thinking in this manner because it's easier to. We humans have the ability to adapt, as well as to reform our prospects.
>>26088405
Nobody knows for certain whether things will get better, we are not Gnostics. However I can tell you that you've the ability to increase the likelihood of life becoming better, but it takes much ambition; more ambition than many robots seem to have.
>>
yes. self improvement is the answer, in whatever way you choose to do it.
>lift
>learn a trade
>do drugs as a therapy
whatever fits you.

you just need movement in your life, whether it will go downwards or upwards, if youre not happy with what you have now you just do SOMETHING.

if youre a lazy fag like i am do the drug thing. mdma lifted me out of my depression and put my social anxiety into a new perspective. lsd changed my life for the better aswell. i even feel better now without drugs if i choose to not do them for a period of time because they made me realize how healthy i can feel.
>>
File: 95446.png (51 KB, 244x241) Image search: [Google]
95446.png
51 KB, 244x241
>>26088451
>We resort to thinking in this manner because it's easier to. We humans have the ability to adapt, as well as to reform our prospects.
Here are my cards : short, ugly, khv, megaesophagus, gerd that's probably cancerizing, crohn's disease.

I'm trying, anon, but I'm not gonna make it.

Imagine driving a car on the road, you can see everyone going faster because your car is shit and theirs are not. Your tire literally bursts. You stop. By the time you fixed the tire the battery died for no reason. You had a spare battery ready to go you clever bastard but the second you install it you notice the oil reservoir is broken and leaked everything. You patch it up with some mc gyver shit and fill it again. Then you think you're good to go but when you try to start the engine it doesn't work because the spark plugs are dead.

That's my life, more or less.

How do you adapt when your cards condemn you to a life of permanent damage control? Teach me. I spend half of my time at the doctor's office, the hospital, the lab, filling paperwork and making phonecalls, all of it to prevent my body from dying. For what?

I think my previous post now makes more sense to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 219x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 219x229
>>26088559
As you get older self improvement gets harder.
Your brain slowly dies, your metabolism changes, maintaining even your current state of decay becomes a grinding chore expectations are higher and people are less forgiving of your mistakes.
>>
no it gets worse
>>
>>26088709
>I'm trying, anon, but I'm not gonna make it.
As in, trying to achieve fulfillment?
Perhaps not if your concept of fulfillment revolves solely around relationships.
>That's my life, more or less.
You said you're trying. Attempt to adapt a resilient mindset. Even when all hell breaks loose, you should shrug it off, or laugh. Laugh defiantly at how brutally callous the nature of the world we live in is. What else can we do, other than let it defeat us?
If you cannot accept things as they are, you must change them yourself. If you are not willing to change things, then you have accepted them, or rather surrendered to life.
> I spend half of my time at the doctor's office, the hospital, the lab, filling paperwork and making phonecalls, all of it to prevent my body from dying.
Tell me about your condition. Is it hereditary? From drinking too much? Is it irreversible? Manageable?
>>
File: 69648.png (39 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
69648.png
39 KB, 296x300
>>26089051
>As in, trying to achieve fulfillment?
>Perhaps not if your concept of fulfillment revolves solely around relationships.
For now I'm just trying to secure a roof and steady income. I was doing well on the steady income thing but my conditions cucked me once again.

>You said you're trying. Attempt to adapt a resilient mindset. Even when all hell breaks loose, you should shrug it off, or laugh.
I try, but when you get chest and belly pains that make you crawl on the floor and cry like a little bitch like I had this morning from 4 to 9 am it's difficult. You forget all your good intentions and resolve and your mind is stuck on a simple "kill me" and "save me" loop until it stops.

>If you cannot accept things as they are, you must change them yourself. If you are not willing to change things, then you have accepted them, or rather surrendered to life.
I don't even know anymore, anon. I don't know what can get better or how I can make things better besides having my place and a steady job.

>Tell me about your condition. Is it hereditary? From drinking too much? Is it irreversible? Manageable?

Which one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaesophagus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroesophageal_reflux_disease
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease

Not from drinking too much, I never drank a lot of alcohol, apparently not hereditary, manageable if you're lucky, irreversible from what I know. I've never been fat and I eat healthy food.
>>
>>26089410
try these... it may change your life

http://amzn.com/B000GFSVPU
>>
File: 1450723076671.jpg (31 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1450723076671.jpg
31 KB, 500x373
>>26088048
you have to make it better
>>
dont know senpai. im now stressed out by the tiniest things. i'm paranoid i'm turning schizo or something. i've also got a shitty family situation and very few monies.

but at least i'm enrolled in uni. that, at least, gives me a goal--work hard, if not for the GPA, then for keeping my mind distracted
>>
>>26089410
Lessen your parameters for contentment. Be grateful that you've the necessary resources to sustain your life available to you, rather than what you've not. Although this may not be enough for you, it can be if you are to clarify the turbulence in your values. We all take many simple things for granted, such as perception. Value this, at least. Doing this may render life far more fascinating than before. I recommend Sartre's "La Nausee". For me at least, this has been eye-opening, because I value what I perceive, what I experience, rather than let my values be obstructed by social inhibition and others.
>You forget all your good intentions and resolve and your mind is stuck on a simple "kill me" and "save me" loop until it stops.
I've experienced situations like this before. It must be awful for you, for them to be persistent. Yet I envy you. If only I could have such a condition, my shoulders would certainly broaden. To suffer is our purpose, but to utilize such suffering is a virtue.
>besides having my place and a steady job.
If you're able to, exercise. Endorphins are splendid. Read more. Spend more time with art and nature. These things do improve us.
>manageable if you're lucky
How often do you have these episodes?
>>
File: 84545.png (40 KB, 208x202) Image search: [Google]
84545.png
40 KB, 208x202
>>26089858
>We all take many simple things for granted
You know, when I get out of the hospital, especially after surgery, I have the right state of mind. Feeling the sun on my skin, seeing people in the streets, even smelling fucking gas oil feels amazing when you've been bed ridden and sedated for a few weeks. But then I fall back into routine, I lose this feeling. It takes a few days usually. I don't know how to keep this "right" state of mind.

>I recommend Sartre's "La Nausee"
W-well I'm not a fan of Sartre but why not.

> my shoulders would certainly broaden. To suffer is our purpose, but to utilize such suffering is a virtue.
This sounds like a spiritual point of view. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the pain, it usually makes you numb and confused, and even if you experience the "right mindset" as I called it earlier (I don't know how to call it, really, but I guess it's just the ego being silenced for a moment or something), it fades in a few hours/days.

>If you're able to, exercise. Endorphins are splendid. Read more. Spend more time with art and nature. These things do improve us.
Yes, that's on the menu, but living in the middle of a big city reconnecting with nature will be difficult.

>How often do you have these episodes?
The pain ? The worst ones are completely random, I had one this morning, the one before was in july, and before that in january 2015. I have less painful episodes more frequently but those are manageable as in I don't end up crying on the floor calling mommy, god, shiva, whoever hears me (fortunately no one lol).
>>
>>26088048
It gets easier, but you have to do it every day. Monkey face man is right.
>>
>>26089547
Forgot to reply to your post, anon. Yes, I know about this kind of supplement but now that I think about it it's been years since I used them.
>>
File: Still Life.jpg (88 KB, 643x482) Image search: [Google]
Still Life.jpg
88 KB, 643x482
>>26090512
>I don't know how to keep this "right" state of mind.
Should you want to? Without the hardships in contrast, these moments would mean less. It's a fact of life that we cannot always feel content.
>I'm not a fan of Sartre
Neither am I. I only find this perspective of his interesting.
>This sounds like a spiritual point of view.
To suffer is at least our biological purpose.
>I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the pain
Has the heavy weight of this condition's burden provided you with fortitude? Probably not, as it seems the other burdens are still plenty heavy. Have you been letting its stress overwhelm you, or are you enduring, pushing it back? It seems our mental endurance can be trained in a way similar to our physical's. Man is both the marble and the sculpture.
>but living in the middle of a big city reconnecting with nature will be difficult.
When you go outside, think more about what you're looking at, to detail. Perhaps you've missed out on a simple sight's potential for appeal. Pic related.
>>
File: 1453981387742.gif (885 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453981387742.gif
885 KB, 480x270
>>26088048
Once your life has hit its peak, there's nothing really to look forward to anymore.
>>
I won't ever find true love, nor do I deserve it.

It's time I stop pussying about and end it but am too afraid of what comes next.
>>
File: 1422908105257.png (260 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1422908105257.png
260 KB, 633x758
>tfw you lack any ambition, determination and self discipline to progress or kill self

it's like being stuck in a limbo

and i cant escape it
>>
as somone who is nearing 40, ican say with certainty that no, it does not get better. not only that, but life seems to get harder and more of a chore with each passing week.
>>
File: 1421380024310.jpg (278 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421380024310.jpg
278 KB, 1000x1000
>>26091310
>Have you been letting its stress overwhelm you, or are you enduring, pushing it back?
Completely overwhelmed desu.

>It seems our mental endurance can be trained in a way similar to our physical's. Man is both the marble and the sculpture
T-that's a nice way of saying me to stop being a pussy... I'm working on it I swear. It's just very hard.

Thanks for this nice conversation. I'll think about what you said. Goodnight, anon.
>>
It gets so much worse. Really.
>>
Why would it get better?
>>
>>26088048
It doesn't, unless you get better.
>>
It doesn't get better unless you can permanently get away from the bad situations or problems you're in. Which most of us can't do, due to being poor, etc. >so no
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.