[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to have serious deep conversation with parents >they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: boobs-hurt.jpg (85 KB, 644x514) Image search: [Google]
boobs-hurt.jpg
85 KB, 644x514
>try to have serious deep conversation with parents
>they get annoyed and upset because i make them feel uncomfortable with what i say
>they yell and tell me to go away and dig their head in the sand

what's it like to grow up with emotional stable parents that you can actually communicate with? no wonder im this fucking shitty site, i never had a chance
>>
>>26079418
>>try to have serious deep conversation
about?
>>
It feels safe. It feels like I live in the open. It feels like I never have to watch my back. I can be vulnerable and they will still love me.
>>
I'm not allowed to talk to my parents about anything other than current events or regular small talk or they get very angry.

They tried to listen to me at first. They couldn't take it.
>>
>try to have serious conversations with parents
>severe Catholics
>everything boils down to god
>"Don't worry about it anon because god has a plan and he loves you."
>tell them I don't believe in god
>"He believes in you, anon."

Fuck. Every time.
>>
>>26079434
That my mom is obese, and I am embarrassed to be seen with her in public because shes obese

She says i shouldn't care what people think, and I tell her only legitimate psychopaths don't care what other people think and that caring what others think is perfectly socially normal.

My dad just cucks it up and agrees with everything she says because he is a beta cuck.
>>
talk to other rational adults?

teachers etc.

My mum is a hippy and my dad is a bogan. I've got a phd in CS, so when I pop by for a chat I can only stand ~10 mins
>>
>>26079482
if she doesn't care, why should you?
>getting embarrassed that easily
>>
>>26079482
You just sound like a little bitch to me desu senpai
>>
>>26079495
I am like Patrick Bateman when it comes to how I take care of my body through lifting, cardio and proper nutrition and staying ho ready year round.

It's just that one of those pet peeves.
>>
>>26079482
Jesus, if you are going to be bothered by a loved one's weight, it should be because you want them to be in the best of health. You sound so incredibly selfish.
>>
File: 1447473032344.jpg (65 KB, 438x423) Image search: [Google]
1447473032344.jpg
65 KB, 438x423
>mom
High strung, overprotective, wouldn't allow me to get a job so i had to run out on my own and make a name for myself.

>dad
Successful, laid back, used to do a lot of LSD that my mom doesn't know about. Was always more of a really close friend rather than a father figure though.
>>
>>26079482
what a fucking dick you are
>>
>>26079525
post pics or you're obviously just a skinny faggot with a fast metabolism
>>
>one day mom decides the microwave gives you radiation poisoning and refuses to use it (this is a woman who smokes a pack a day)
>my dad tells her exactly why thats bullshit because he has a masters degree
>my mom gets super pissed and starts mumbling about "after all i've done"
>>
>>26081666
The heavy metals in the cigarettes are probably acting as antennas when the microwave is on, thus stressing her out.
>>
>>26081666
>radiation poisoning and refuses to use it (this is a woman who smokes a pack a day)
Just how do people rationalize this?

I mean I can understand just being generally overcautious, but come on.
>>
>>26079418
my mom was decent for that stuff, though she kinda guided us away from things she didn't agree with (gay/lgbt). I learned how to talk about my thoughts and feelings really well, even though I didn't learn to stand up for myself.
>>
>>26079476
Evangilitard parents, can confirm. This is why I don't have those conversations with them.
>>
Oh i didnt realise i was on r/raisedbynarcissists
Fucking whiny blaming faggots
>>
>>26079482
Do a favor for your parents and kill yourself
>>
>>26081666
>mentions her smoking as if it has anything to do with microwaves poisoning you
yeah, you're totally "unbiased" here
>>
>>26079482
I dont see how you could have thought this would go well
>>
>try to tell parents about my crippling depression
>try to tell them my mind is slowly unravelling
>try to tell them I think about suicide multiple times a day

They basically ignore every word I said, spout typical normie responses as the solution to all problems.

BEE URSELF.
JUST GET OUT THERE, SON!
>>
>>26079418
>what's it like to grow up with emotional stable parents that you can actually communicate with?

an impossible dream
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.