[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do normal people have so much energy? I'm dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: death.jpg (22 KB, 383x386) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
22 KB, 383x386
How the fuck do normal people have so much energy? I'm dead as fuck all the time and have pretty much no motivation to do anything.

I want to learn how to draw and program, among other things, but I really don't know why I just can't start doing it. I literally do nothing all day but stare at the ceiling, browsing 4chan and sometimes consider doing something productive or applying for a job. But it never proceeds past a simple thought.
I have no idea how to apply for a job either, I don't fucking know how you're supposed to be an adult. I have no work experience or education, I'm pretty much a deadbeat slowly being killed by my own stupidity and worthlessness.

All I want is to enjoy something, but I can't make myself do anything that I have any interest in learning because I always give up on shit. I don't have any friends, never been intimate with the opposite sex, not really sure how you're supposed to be social, but at this stage I don't really care much about that any longer. I just want to feel like a human being with a drive and commitment to something which I can call my craft.

Sorry for my pointless rambling, my headache just gets worse and I have no idea how to apply myself. I don't know how to develop the discipline needed to find a passion in life or feel like I am an actual person. I might as well not exist.

How can I stop giving up and actually start doing something? Or should I just off myself and be done with it? Really can't reason with myself anymore.
>>
>>26072353
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation.

Read some Aristotle, you dumb fuck
>>
>>26072353
i'm having the same problem. don't even have energy to play vidya anymore. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasu ppp
>>
>>26072394
Are there any specific books regarding his philosophy that you recommend reading?
>>
>>26072622
Start with the pre-Socratics. Heraclitus -> Parminedes -> Plato -> Aristotle
>>
>>26072353
saaAAAmMee
>>
File: st vincent.gif (1 MB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
st vincent.gif
1 MB, 245x243
>>26072353
>>26072466

get your testosterone checked niggas
>>
You have depression. only 1 in 20 people have actual depression so the majority of people will seem like an enigma to you.

Stop jacking off and get better sleep, see if that works. It won't cure it but it will help. also get some exercise. Don't have to go to the gym just walk for an hour a day.
>>
normal people usually at least walk about during their day and have a varied diet, something a lot of nerdy people do is just sit in one spot for eternity and eat the same garbage over and over again

so stop drinking soda and fast food and replace it with water and fruit and start going for walks and you will get energy
>>
>>26072353

I feel the same way OP. I feel so tired all the time even after getting sleep and shit. It seems like I just don't feel much enthusiasm for anything. I feel like there's just something missing in me.
>>
>>26072353
ask yourself honestly is there anything that made you this way? is there anything that bothers you?
>>
>>26072353
Depression, looks like you also have stupidity considering you couldn't even figure that out, my condolences OP :(
>>
stop jerking it
get off the computer
eat a healthy amount of saturated fats
work out
take cold showers

its THAT easy
>>
>>26072353

I know the feeling. I dragged myself through education and the steps necessary to enter the workforce. Fear of the alternative kept me going. I have no safety nets. In a sense you're habituated to effort after a time, but it's always a struggle. Every single day.
>>
It was always most obvious when I'm sleeping on other people's couches. I just can't understand how normies run on so little sleep. And during the day they do stuff. Like, more than one thing a day. I just can't keep up.
>>
>>26072353
you're tired all the time because you're lazy, and you're lazy because you're always tired.

Just break that cycle by going for a few 20-minute walks everyday. Stimulating the body also stimulates the brain, especially if you're getting out of our prison cell you call a room.

Once the walks don't really change, turn those into jogs and lifting weights.
>>
File: 1447652328245.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1447652328245.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
original depression comment
>>
>>26072353
We're happy, so naturally we like to do things.
>>
>>26072353

Would you like to be my friend OP? Do you have any contact info you could post?
>>
>>26072353
I feel you op.

>just graduated uni
>barely made it through because no ambition and I don't like anything and hated my studies
>now do nothing and half assedly look for employment for the past month
>see no point in it
>see no point in anything
>always been a loner but had few good friends and good home life growing up
>parents still supportive and love unconditionally
>literally spend my days sitting and staring at a wall or on here
>seriously think about killing myself each and everyday
>almost did it once but ended by throwing up all the pills and alcohol
>have no feelings most of the time but when I do it's just unbearable sadness
>I have literally no reason to feel this way
>this makes me feel even worse about it
>>
ITT: People who have serious cases of depression, unlike all the girls whose boyfriends broke up with them or middle aged moms with empty nests.

Get better sleep, diet, and exercise boys. If that doesn't help talk to a doctor.
>>
The problem lies in the psyche of the human mind. It's not that others are 'super energetic' or that you don't have any willpower it's about how the mind functions. The way we are programmed our ego wants to constantly push away the fact that we will cease to exist. We could have one foot in the grave and still think 'oh I'll do that tomorrow.' This results in thinking that you have all the time in the world and that not doing anything is ok because you're tired or too exhausted. You need to implement negative reinforcement into your life. Positive reinforcement would be akin to 'If I go the the gym I'll get fit!' where you should also see it as 'I could miss out on a great body by not starting today.' I think you should understand the difference pretty well at this point and hopefully that gives you a bit of an 'ah ha' moment. The key is to realize that your time is limited as fuck and if you don't do it today it becomes more and more likely that your dreams stay memes instead of reality. The classic example is the win 150$ if you win a coin flip but you have to pay 100$ if you lose. The idea of 150$ is nice but the thought of losing 100$ is bad enough for most people to decided not to take the flip.

What you should take away from this is that if you don't do/plan/schedule or make time for the things you really want they will not happen. Your willpower is limited...put the right effort and energy to what really matters. Good luck.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.