[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here cut ties with their family? Not like out of hate,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: G O S L I N G.jpg (119 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
G O S L I N G.jpg
119 KB, 1200x800
Anyone here cut ties with their family? Not like out of hate, just due to conflicting ideas.

>tfw I love my family and they love me back
>tfw I'm going to change my number, pack my stuff, and move out within two days

What should I expect? How was it like at the beginning? Would I be able to reconcile with them after a few years or should I prepare for this to be permanent?
>>
They will probably report you missing unless you leave a note
>>
>>26061807
I know. I'm going to leave a note of course. Don't want them to send cops after me.
>>
It won't be a problem for at all for you, they might bother you with a call or two per month. Enjoy not being bothered every single day by them.
>>
>>26061777
>tfw youre never going to be tattooed local celebrity and sex symbol goose
>>
>>26061777
You'll still have to answer their calls every now and then, otherwise cops will think you're missing or murdered or some shit.
>>
>>26061866
I'm scared they might come looking for me though. We had a recent almost unanimous (excluding me of course) family decision regarding my college education and it would seriously piss them off if I left now.

I'm not doing any wrong to them though. I just don't think that what they decided would be in my best interests.
>>
File: 1450634952311.jpg (58 KB, 984x668) Image search: [Google]
1450634952311.jpg
58 KB, 984x668
>>26061866
>>26062085
FUCKING PHONE KEKS
>>
>>26061777

don't be a melodramatic tard

unless you've been abused in which case it's fine
>>
>>26061777
Stay in contact with family or it gets a lot worse than >tfw no gf
>>
>>26062111
How are you gonna get money and a place to live mate?
>>
File: 1451263104009.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1451263104009.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>brother's gf is cruel as fuck and likes to make fun of me every time she sees me
>tell him how I really don't like her
>he's going to marry her anyways
>tell him I'm not going to wedding
>told by my parents if I don't go to the wedding I'm out of their will and out of the family
>>
>>26062118
This.
>just due to conflicting ideas
>family that would pay for your college education

You sound like an angsty teenager that won't hold up well in the real world.
>>
>>26062198
>>I'm out of their will

Do parents actually say this?
>>
>>26062198
>can't handle banter from a woman
>>
>>26062230
they did
there isn't much to their will to be honest besides their house and a few thousand dollars in stocks and bonds

but it's more that they're going to cut me off completely at the age of 22 for not supporting some woman I hate coming into the family
>>
>>26062198
Don't go you pussy faggot
>>
>>26062266
>banter
>some woman yelling at you to kill yourself and how she thinks you're going to die alone is banter
>someone picking at your absolute biggest insecurities over and over after being told to stop is banter
>>
>>26062328
Beat the shit out of her

original
>>
>>26062118
Kek. I'm just so concerned because this is probably the biggest decision I've made in my life.

>>26062127
I always had no trouble spending time by myself and my family the pretty unnosy and cool type so I don't think that would such a big problem.

>>26062138
I already have what would equal to 800 in American currency and there are lots of places in my country where the monthly rent is just 200-300 dollars. Albeit at a substandard size and quality. Also, I'm prepared to do menial jobs that pay by the day until I land a somewhat decent but menial job that pays monthly.
>>
>>26061777

if you love them what could possibly be so bad between you that you don't want anything to do with them, literally makes no sense
>>
>>26062198

tell them to fuck off and stick their money up their collective arses
>>
>>26062353
>I don't think that would such a big problem.

It soon becomes a big problem when they aren't there and you start to realise how truly lonely you are, take it from someone who is there now and who used to say the same thing.

You'll get your chance to have no family when you're old and alone because they're all dead, value your family while they're still around.
>>
As someone who hasn't spoke to my family since 15 years old...When I was made homeless by them...

You're probably in for a rough ride, OP.
Shit is not easy, man. You'll soon realise that family is one of the most important things in this life and without it you are at a huge disadvantage.

The ''lone wolf'' thing is not a good idea mate, you end up depressed and suicidal (really suicidal, not just occasional thoughts, but attempts atleast)
You might end up in debt, you might end up regretting it later in life, you might end up alone in a world that routinely fucks in the ass people who are truly alone.

Good luck and all that, but don't think it will be easy
>>
>>26062328
have you spoken to your brother?
fucking hell lol
>>
>>26061777
Ignore all the normies ITT, OP. Western culture is bullshit, nothing is sacred any more. You probably aren't leaving anything of value behind, unless you buy into the cultural norms like Christmas and Thanksgiving where families eat crappy food and watch TV together or whatever else. There aren't any worthwhile traditions or rituals in our society. The family unit isn't what it once was.

I think deliberately severing ties to the past to pave the way for a future of your own making is an admirable thing, most people won't understand that. Do what you feel you must and don't be guilty about it.

It's not something that should be done lightly though, so I'd suggest that if you're going to do it, do it with permanence in mind.
>>
>>26061777
I'm planning to do that with all but three people. My two/three sisters and mom.

Both families (Mom's and Dad's) are outweighing their worth. Myself and sisters are the black sheeps because our parents were the outcast of their families. That stigma carries on. Both sides grew up (except us, poverty stricken) middle class and they never had an actual problem in their life, and yet, its about them and their snowflakism. Especially with my cousins. And yes, most females in both winded up being libcucks and tumblr.

I could take this as a bad a thing, but, it simply means I have to be more successful than them. The look on there face the day I actually make bank from my business start ups and products is gonna be priceless since they assume me to be a loser "like my dad."
>>
>>26062353
800 is fucking nothing man that wouldn't even cover a months rent where I live. for fucks sakes flat out telling your family you want to move out and be a man is one thing cutting them out entirely for some minor disagreements is dumb especially when you're that broke 300 to rent, few extra hundred for food, you haven't mentioned utilities with your rent like electricity/heat/water, disposable stuff you need like toilet paper and other hygein shit, man it really doesn't sound like your plan is going to make it past month 2. Find a decent job first and save up something for emergencies. Doesn't even sound like you have a vehicle even that can make finding a job rough or sometimes impossible depending on where you live at.
>>
>>26062227
I'm 20 years old mate. I'm not leaving because of some boohoo story, I just don't agree with their plans for my future. And plus I don't want them to call or come over to berate me for making seemingly dumbshit decisions. I'm just concerned and cautious about what I'm doing.

>>26062396
Yeah. But I'm hoping to reconcile with them after a few years though. I'm just afraid I might piss them off so much that they wouldn't want anything to do with me. I've heard my mom yell at my sis a few times to just get herself out from the family whenever she did something unagreeable so you can understand my concern.

>>26062416
Yeah I know, I hope I can get back with them though.

>>26062535
I've been pondering over this decision for at least a few weeks and I understand the gravity of my choices so yeah, I've already thought about the possibility of it ending up permanent.
>>
>>26061777

Well, enjoy your trips, so to speak. Kek :^)
>>
>>26062798
>Yeah. But I'm hoping to reconcile with them after a few years though. I'm just afraid I might piss them off so much that they wouldn't want anything to do with me.

Stop being a massive faggot. Your family loves you and you should love them, if something is wrong talk to them about it. You're as bad as those women who cheat because they "weren't getting enough attention".
>>
>be schizoid
>tolerate family out of necessity

I'd rather live alone forever desu.
>>
All of my family is dead except for my sister. Don't talk to her cause she's an alcoholic
>>
>>26062798
So just move out and hang up if they bitch you out. Don't need totally cut them out
If they wanna talk they can talk, if they wanna bitch they'll learn they can't. After enough time it'll work
Tbh though college is way better than dehumanizing wagecuck life. Most shit jobs today force you to be a polite little cuck, you'll barely make enough to get by, and after a while everyone I knew who picked the route got sick of it. At college you have 2 hours a day max of actually going to class, maybe an hour or two pf work. That's way better than an 8 hour shift, especially if you go to a state school where desu the work is probably a lot less. Seriously, I don't socialize at all in college but it means I have all the time in the world to read, watch movies, play vidya, nightwalk, whatever I want
>>
>>26062950

not schizoid but aspie and this. i get along with a couple of them okay but god it's exhausting to be in their presence for me than an hour every couple months.
>>
>>26061860
why? is going somewhere illegal where you live?
>>
>>26063130
Disappearing with no explanation generally makes people assume something happened to them
Like they got kidnapped or died in an accident
>>
>>26062797
Water and electricity is pretty cheap where I live and I don't spend a lot on food. Only about 200 bucks a month. Also there are lots of jobs that pay at least 50 to a 100 bucks by the day and they basically use anyone. So I could always go there whenever I'm short on cash. Financial issues aren't a big concern since I know I can always make money if I need it.

>>26062912
That comparison didn't even make sense. I don't see eye to eye with my family when it comes to the decision they made for me, and being at the age that I am, I feel that I'd be better off to just make my own decisions.
>>
I wanted to when I was younger but they ended up becoming an essential financial asset.
>>
>>26063154
"i'm fine fuck off"
>>
>>26063157
Rent is a bitch though
I've got a studio in a buttfuck nowhere town and it's still 500/mo
>>
>>26062353
>I already have what would equal to 800 in American currency
Don't be a dumbass, if your parents are helping pay for school just suck it up and go
>>
>>26063183
"g2g peace out"
>>
>>26063157
>I don't see eye to eye with my family when it comes to the decision they made for me

Tell us about this goddamn decision, you're deliberately leaving out the most interesting part of this story.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.