[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys believe that every person has a match? Or are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: lain.gif (709 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
lain.gif
709 KB, 500x537
Do you guys believe that every person has a match?

Or are some people just predestined to be alone?
>>
i think everybody has a match but the majority of people will never even come in contact with theirs
>>
>Do you guys believe that every person has a match?

No, that's "just bee urself ;;;-))))" level of stupidity
>>
https://what-if.xkcd.com/9/
Ebin soulm8
>>
>>26060235
Of course not, that's just your usual normalfag feel-good bullshit.
>>
>>26060235
Up until a few months ago, i would've said that having a match is bologna. But i think i've met mine, as naive as it sounds, so anything is possible. I wouldn't give up, my man. Keep looking
>>
I don't believe everybody has another person in the world that's perfectly compatible, but I certainly don't believe in predestination. There's people with physical or mental deformities that will keep them from ever truly finding a partner, but we're not all so unique that there's only one other unique person for us.
>>
>>26060554
Some people are so unique that there's zero matches.
>>
Unless furry waifus and husbandos crawl up from the depths of hell to bring their lovers down with them, I have to be of the opinion that not everyone has a perfect match in this universe.
>>
>>26060518
same here.

before I met mine, I never believed I could connect with someone and be completely comfortable and able to be myself in someone's company. I never felt a connection with anyone. then I met him, and it was reallllly coincidental too, so coincidental that I honestly don't believe it was a coincidence, and we just instantly connected on so many levels and it felt exactly right. so weird. and pasts are so similar it's scary
>>
File: 1396785590940.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396785590940.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720

If that were true, there'd be a roughly equal portion of male and female ancestral diversity, instead of tons of maternal ancestry and limited Chad lineage.

Men have been living alone and miserable for millions of years. Think of all the men that died without knowing the taste of pussy.
>>
I think that a view like that enters a level of "humans are important in a universal sense" that I can't get behind
>>
>>26060803

are you implying that one's being satisfied with a homosexual relationship is impossible?
>>
I don't think everyone has a match in like, a cosmic sense, but I think everyone has someone whose personality is compatible and fits perfectly with their own.

Finding said person is a whole other ballgame. I'll never find mine.
>>
File: 1453826251463.jpg (38 KB, 496x800) Image search: [Google]
1453826251463.jpg
38 KB, 496x800
>>26060831

Unfortunately, a lot of men will simply not be attracted to other men.

If I could just find manliness or even male traits attractive, I'd probably be much happier, but unfortunately, I like girly features.
>>
>>26060408
>tfw you do
>tfw still can't have it
It's even worse desu
>>
>>26060944
if it's only one-way then it's not exactly a match
>>
>>26060518
How old are you and what are your circumstances?
At some age you just give up.
>>
>>26060958
It's not one-way. But too much distance.
>>
>>26060962

I live with my mom, and while i have a job and stuff, i usually just give all the money to my folks for bills and things: we struggle with money unless i give some every month.
But anyways, yeah, i got a job, but no house or anything of value to give to a woman. But it seems like she loves me anyways, for whatever reason
>>
>>26060235

You have to become someone that is worth wanting. You have the power to change yourself.

But you sulk in your depression, rather than change what you can, today.

It's the basic law of attraction.. Refine yourself, sculpt yourself. Push the limits of your potential, it all sounds real lofty and magical, but all I am saying is ;

>do some kind of physical training
>educate yourself on your interests, and interpersonal psychology(how to win friends and influence people)
>Be honest, don't judge

People here essentially cut their legs off, isolate what remains and then, in the darkness of their rooms, ask a question to the void

"why am I alone?"

Rather than looking in the mirror, and accepting the things they can't change, but resolving to change what they can. Your misery is self inflicted, genius is self bestowed.
>>
>>26061041
Shut the fuck up, honestly.
>>
>>26061041
>just lift breh
No fuck you. I don't have interests outside of escapism. I don't have the drive to do any of that if the chance of succeeding is pretty much zero. It would just show me even more what a piece of shit I am.
>>
>>26061041
>you sulk in your depression
yeah that's typically what depression does to a person
>>
you will be alone most of the time, maybe even forever. welcome to the real world jackass. deal with it.
>>
>>26061225
Normal people aren't alone.
>>
If my twin were alive, we'd be perfect for each other, but they died when we were born. That was my only chance and it was ruined because my mom just had to have babies at 45.
>>
>>26061051
>>26061088
>>26061176

you're all fucking infants and think you deserve something for nothing, seriously

you deserve to be lonely if you can't look in the mirror and realize you are the agent of change in your life, and you are in control of your actions

all backlashing like an emofaggot son against their dad

I don't care if your gay, furry, gamer, chad, pasty nerd, whatever, your happiness, your physical well being, and the kind of friend groups you have access to are all within your control to change
>>
>>26061383
juz b urzelv bruvskenski
>>
File: wall_e_eve-1600x900.jpg (430 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wall_e_eve-1600x900.jpg
430 KB, 1600x900
You will find your EVE someday senpai
>>
>>26061383
cringe tbqh
>>
>>26061383
I wish you could experience even one week with schizophrenia, anon. I really wish you could experience it.
>>
>>26061383
Sorry but I can't just suddenly believe in myself after a life of telling myself i'm a piece of shit.
>>
>>26061407

I'm actually recommending the opposite. If you want things you don't have, you need to change yourself. Luckily, this isn't rocket science.

>>26061452

I'm sure there are a lot of people with schizophrenia you could connect with, and possibly even find a good friend or partner.
>>
>>26061501
>you need to change yourself
how
>>
File: lina.png (393 KB, 660x658) Image search: [Google]
lina.png
393 KB, 660x658
>>26061501
Wow, two schizophrenics in a relationship, that sounds very healthy and stable.

Hopefully one of us works up the nerve to leave the house so we can meet each other.
>>
>>26061491

You told yourself you're a piece of shit, and you manifested that reality. You made it so.

You can undo this. But you're just going to say "but I can't" and continue manifesting your current, shitty reality.
>>
>>26061611
>You told yourself
No, everyone else did.
>>
>>26061514

Literally do anything that isn't what you're currently doing

are you fucking retarded
>>
>>26061625

and you believed them, and now you reinforce it on yourself

what do you want? an infinite waterfall of hands patting you on the back and consoling you? Do you think that is how people accomplish things, by finding echoboxes for their problems?
>>
>>26061764
>are you fucking retarded
yes. Also
>just do it xD
>>
>>26061789
>and you believed them
When parents, teachers, and peers are all calling you shit, you tend to believe it. Why would you not?
>>
>>26060235

There is no such thing as destiny or fate or soulmates. People who stay together forever have just been lucky enough to find someone they get along with really well and there's probably a million more other people like that special someone in the world they could have stayed with forever, that just happened to come across that one first.
>>
if you have problems just stop having problems!
that easy bro...

dat easy...
>>
>>26061894
>>26061794
>>26061808

fucking useless, you know, if you are a sad sack of shit, you need to accept taht and change it. Jesus christ, what a bunch of fucking infinite pussies

you all miss the basic points I'm making

>do you like how things are?
>"no"
>change things
>OH RIGHT AS IF I CAN JUST JUST LIKE THERE IS ANYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY DO REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, sorry, you guys are causing your own misery. You won't take control of your present, and your past dictates and determines everything, and that is your choice.

There are no answers for you, and "take care of yourself, improve yourself" is like some magical impossibility in your minds, well of course then, you will accomplish nothing because you DO nothing.
>>
>>26062012
>like, dude, im telling you, just be yourself! it totes works!
>>
>you have the power to change anything you don't like!
But my brain is the problem. It doesn't think rationally. It's ruining my life. I have enough awareness to know it's abnormal but not enough power to do anything about it.

How can you change when you are the problem?
>>
>>26062012
you're typing these big angry posts but you're not saying anything

all you're saying is "change yourself" and "if you can't change yourself, you deserve it"
>>
>>26062037

I never said be yourself you faggot I said change yourself

>>26062059

I gave the basics for changing yourself, exercise and put yourself out there.
>>
If i do have a soulmate out there somewhere, i jist hope shes not fat or black
>>
I don't think there's "a match" per se.

I think everybody has many people they'd be compatible with, but it can sometimes be very hard to find them. There are probably plenty of women that would be great for robots, but we don't meet them because we don't socialize in the right groups or at all, or maybe we meet girls that would be perfect personality matches but something else turns us or them off.

What can be even worse is when you meet somebody you really "click" with, and they're already in a relationship with somebody else. It's even worse when that "somebody else" is a good friend of yours. I've had this happen to me quite a few times, probably because my friends and I are similar kinds of people and so the women who match them naturally match me too, and I've had some dangerously close calls.

One of my best friends has a girlfriend that I have to go out of my way to avoid being alone with, because whenever we're alone in a room together we start flirting like crazy.
>>
>>26060235

Even if every person had a match, women only date up, which means 60% of the male population will never find their match.
>>
>>26062368

by the same token, a lot of people here probably wouldn't go for an 'ugly' girl, even if she provided them with nurturing
>>
There are more men than women in the world so naturally there will be single guys. It is impossible for women to be single they're entire lives given the way society is.
>>
>>26062368
This really isn't actually true, though.

We may have a harder time, but guys who stay single forever are still a tiny minority. I hardly know anybody over 30 that's single, and those who are have had relationships and then broken up. Out of maybe 100 guys that I know well enough to know what their relationship status is, I only know two or three that have never dated, and only one for whom the reason isn't blatantly obvious. (That one guy is just a total social robot despite being decent looking, in OK shape, and having a good career. The other few are all fat unhygenic neckbeards.)
>>
>>26060235
Yes
Or are some people just predestined to be alone?
Yes

The chances of meeting your match are slim as fuck.
>>
>>26061027
you're a good guy anon. keep it up
>>
>>26060235
No. It's just how much shit you or the other person is willing to put up with.
>>
>>26063135
Thanks, anon. I really feel like people here can find someone too, after what i've been through. Just gotta be more patient and accepting
>>
File: 1453836910081.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453836910081.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
I don't know about perfect, but I feel like everyone has a few good to great matches out there but as a socially awkward inexperienced male you have a far smaller chance of getting them to notice you. I mean I've already found two girls that I get along with extremely well, both aren't completely repulsed by me physically, and one even had a crush on me. Problem is my my personality flaws and physical shortcomings (fat, balding, short, etc.) get in the way and ruin things. Just gonna keep working on myself to improve the odds. I'm 23 but I'm sure its not too late.
>>
>>26060235
Well not perfect i'm 25 and my mind is too heavily altered by now. I don't enjoy any social event anymore i hate them. I'm at peace with living a solitary life by now.
>>
>>26060771
Can you please tell us the story?
>>
most people probably do, but I doubt that even one person has come into contact with their perfect match. there would always be someone better, think about it.
>>
Everyone has a match.

You will most likely not meet yours.
>>
>>26063263
How did you meet her? Do you go out or just work?
>>
>>26061452
You don't actually have schizophrenia, you are just a tumblr tier faggot lookong for an excuse to be a lazy and useless cunt.
>>
>>26060235
No that's just what people who have been together too long to remember what it's like to be single tell their children while their brains are on a prenatal parenting high. Equally no one's predestined to be alone.

Here's some Bukowski to tip fedoras at.

the flesh covers the bone
and they put a mind
in there and
sometimes a soul,
and the women break
vases against the walls
and the men drink too
much
and nobody finds the
one
but keep
looking
crawling in and out
of beds.
flesh covers
the bone and the
flesh searches
for more than
flesh.

there's no chance
at all:
we are all trapped
by a singular
fate.

nobody ever finds
the one.

the city dumps fill
the junkyards fill
the madhouses fill
the hospitals fill
the graveyards fill

nothing else
fills.
>>
I like to believe in soulmates because it gets me out of bed in the morning knowing that "today could be the day", but I'm scared that my perfect soulmate could live on the other side of the world or speak a different language, etc etc
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.