[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did videogames ruin your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Did videogames ruin your life?
>>
>>26008751
No, I was weird before I had video games.
>>
No. My friend moving away which caused my social life to end ruined my life.
>>
File: poke-olymp-bigguy.jpg (47 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
poke-olymp-bigguy.jpg
47 KB, 400x275
This is what a man over 25 who plays videogames looks like.

If you're over 25, you are TOO OLD for this hobby.

Agree/Deny?
>>
They might have ruined my highschool life, but like magic when I turned 18 I just lost interest 100% and never looked back.

They're boring, frankly. Much rather read or play music.
>>
>>26008772
>trying to socially pressure autists
lol
why would i give a fuck what i look like
>>
>>26008772
Deny. That's like you are too old to watch movies. Video games are more than a hobby. They are comparable to any other respectable arts.
>>
I ruined my life all on my own
>>
>implying /r9k/ plays vidya

vidya is for normalfags with no taste. we have moved onto more patrician tastes such as reading, music, or excercise.
>>
>>26008751
No. It was a combination of moving, and myself.
>>
No, if anything it is the only thing keeping me having a social life.

>tfw melee is slowly turning me into a normalfag.
>>
File: 1449854001151.webm (304 KB, 482x652) Image search: [Google]
1449854001151.webm
304 KB, 482x652
>>26008772
Deny, you pancake nippled slut
>>
>>26008997
>videogames
>art
>>
File: 1450702998354.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1450702998354.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
almost, but I stopped them
>>
>>26008751
Well if I'd never had them I can only imagine how much better things would have been, but only a nigger or children outright blame their vices.
>>
>muh hypoagency
>i had no control over my own actions
Are you a man or a fungus?
>>
I ruined my life

It is never the items fault, it is the person for being stupid, weak willed, lazy, insignificant, unguided, unsupported, etc
>>
File: 1453614305603.png (332 KB, 720x633) Image search: [Google]
1453614305603.png
332 KB, 720x633
>>26008751
They stopped working as a tool for escapism ( pic related), so I slept alot and my sleep cycle reversed ( night awake, day asleep) lived like it for 6 months before seeking help. I used to play games 8 + hrs a day. Now It might be 5 hours a week or less
>>
No they enhance my life. When I am invested in a good game I have no bad feels like tfwnogf and I don't think about how I have no friends or get envious of people who are more attractive than me. I am just focussed on the game, so video games make me happy.
>>
>>26009968
Did you lose the spark, or did the games?
>>
>>26010247
I think it was me losing the spark, I play some of the games I used to but I can't play near the amount of time I used to without feeling like a degenerate sack of shit with no future .

The picture in last post explained it quite well
>>
>>26009968
That image fucked me up, it's too true.
Jobless 28 neet , I just sleep 10+ hours during the day, awake all night on the verge of tears every night.

I'll boot up an old favorite game and only play for 3 hours or less before quitting. I'll try a new game everyone is raving about and lose interest around 3 hours as well.
I'll watch some anime or movie and just let it play in the background as I stare at it, not really taking any of it in, it's depressing.
>>
>>26009968
So if I got a job and friends videogames would become fun again?
>>
File: 1287185393363.jpg (3 KB, 126x106) Image search: [Google]
1287185393363.jpg
3 KB, 126x106
>>26010280
I just replay games i played from my childhood and am in this endless loop of trying to relive days that will never come back

Its not the games that have changed because theyre still fun, its me for doing nothing with my life and then i go on normiebook and see everyone happy with their gf or fiance, on vacations, finishing their high end stem degrees, having all this sex with girls....

I hate waking up
>>
>>26008751
Videogames were never the problem, they were/are a product of the actual issues. I believe this is true for most people (if not all). If you actually just got addicted to gaming (with no other large issues like social phobia etc) and ignored everything else, you still obviously have severe addiction issues and yet again - games aren't the actual problem.
>>
>>26010308
No idea, they can still be fun but you wont be playing nearly as much as you did before.
>>
>>26009009
Some vidya is good if you dig deeper than AAA-level trash. RPGs are a legitimate storytelling medium and some other adventure games are good too.
>>
yeah.
They're my heroin. I couldn't get enough of them as a kid. My parents always hated them so I'd play them at friends houses as much as I could, or go to arcades.
Started with basic pc stuff like red alert, aoe.
Moved to gamecube, then xbox.
Then 360 and now one.
I wasted high school playing them. I wasted a good portion of jr high playing them.
And I still can't bring myself to be rid of them. I justify it by saying I've spent too much money on it, or that I'd go insane and blown my brains out from boredom if I didn't have them to fill the time. Somewhat true but honestly my life would probably be better without them.
They're unavoidable in this day and age though. If I ditched my console I'd still have my PC and phone.
>>
>>26010586
>goes from pc to console
youre doing it wrong
>>
>>26010597
I was a kid playing red alert on the family PC.
They didn't update it so it fell far behind the times. The last game it could handle was Battlefield 2, and that crashed all the time.
I didn't start buying my own games until the 360 generation.
>>
>>26009626
Is this some new type of bait?

>>26008751
No. I made my own choices when I could.
I have no social life or friends because I'm on the spectrum and didn't realize it until a few days ago.
>>
>>26010597
>thinking PC gaming is superior
Its not and Bloodborne will never port to PC
>>26010633
Dont give in to the troll. Gaming is gaming no matter what medium you're using.
>>
>>26010741
I hate PC gaming. It's expensive and representative of everything I hate about my own habit. It's isolated, anti-social, nerdy bullshit, that I would play every single day if I had the means.
I was in a CoD clan in early high school and I fucking hate myself for that.
Console at least has the potential to be a social activity. PC gaming is the fedora of video games. The I just don't give a fuck anymore final solution.
>>
>>26010779
I mean if you're playing single player games sure.
I wouldn't go that deep man.
You're a fat nerdy piece of shit if you're playing hentai and Japanese games nobody will know. But stuff like CoD is white popular.

I game on both PC and Console but if someone threw a party invite my way I wouldn't turn it down because I know video games will always be there in the same state when I return.

Too bad I got no invites.
>>
The first feeling I can recall is my mind being paralyzed out of boredom. I didn't have video game consoles or pc in my early childhood and it was hell. When I got my first gaming console NES I was happy beyond words. When I was playing, I was devoid of boredom and it was the best feeling imaginable. My relationship with gaming have been pretty much the same since. I can't really blame it for my failures in life. It brought me a lot of joy and saved me from boredom.
>>
>>26010829
I had the same mentality but video games made me unmotivated to seek things out, too passive. "I'll go if I get invited" well I never fucking got invited. Turns out half the battle is inviting yourself, which I wasn't doing because I was having a blast playing games.
This was back when CoD was not a blockbuster hit among normies. United offensive days. Vanilla CoD. It was unknown among regular people.
>>
>>26010863
I see what you mean. Sorry if you didnt try.
I always tried to get myself into social events haha don't get me wrong. But I was actually autistic
I'm seriously autistic. I can't even read social ques.
>>
>>26008751
No. I made friends and related to people more than I ever would have through any other form of media playing video games. I met some of the most influential people in my life who expanded my interests and broadened my horizons more than anyone in my town at the time could have. I was still social and went places when I could but I realized I never really enjoyed it. The people I hung around were never really my friends save for a close few who also played video games to the extent I did.

When they left I continued to play video games but I'm looking into filling my time with something else as I'm always on the computer or in front of a screen for my job already. I have a few online friends and some hobbies as well as reading to keep my sanity.

Thats not to say I haven't had my issues with addiction or neglect due to them. I've never had a decent girlfriend and missed out on a lot of great experiences and relationships/opportunities due to not being able to leave the screen.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.