[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get a Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18
File: 13221231213.jpg (41 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
13221231213.jpg
41 KB, 600x412
Why don't you NEETs want to work? I've lived the NEET life for many years/phases of my life and it sucks... depressed all the time, feel worthless, stagnating...

Work is good for you. It gives you purpose and a sense of achievement which boosts your self-esteem.

And no I'm not talking about shit retail or fast food work (although it shouldn't be beneath you if you're young). Go to school, get a degree in something that matters, get a good job.

It takes hard work and dedication but it's worth it. Did most of you just grow up so pampered sitting in front of TV and video games everyday you can't fathom hard work?

I don't want to hear any excuses. My life has been complete shit compared to most of you and I've still busted my ass pretty much non-stop.

You need to get a grip on reality, stop playing the victim game, stop lurking this shithole (which only makes things worse as you validate each others laziness with delusions), and start taking the steps to better yourselves. It's a long and hard road but it's better than sitting around complaining while your situation gets worse and worse (unless you're dead set on committing suicide... but those feelings come and go over the years).
>>
>>25993458
I would do it if education were free. I've already got a degree, and I fucked up by getting bad grades and doing no internships. To go back to school would be another painful slog for 4+ years, with no guarantees, and no reason to think I wouldn't fuck it up again.
>>
File: comfy.png (2 MB, 913x996) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
2 MB, 913x996
>>25993458
*yawwwwwwwnnnnn*
don't tell me what to do, slave

>My life has been complete shit compared to most of you and I've still busted my ass pretty much non-stop.
bet your life still sucks even after all that cucking
>>
File: 1449709340926.jpg (111 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449709340926.jpg
111 KB, 802x1000
>>25993458
Interacting with other people is physically painful to me

I'd be willing and happy to work if I could do it alone, I genuinely enjoy programming and doing engineering work, but as it stands there is no occupation where I can completely avoid people, so I'll never be really happy working
>>
>>25993458
Stop trolling
>>>/b/
>>
>$100k/yr software dev career
>often work late into the night, and sometimes weekends, only because there's nothing to come home to
>still too shy to get out of apartment after work
>still a friendless, dateless thirty-something virgin (and a closet homo too)
>still just as depressed, worthless and stagnated as ever
>both siblings back home are married with kids, cousins are raising families, all have student debt and money is tight but goddamnit they're happy

It really doesn't make a bit of difference. Getting a real job won't fix any of your real problems.
>>
>>25993757
I'm the exact same way (also a programmer). It gets easier with time and as long as you stay away from megacorps you will have minimal interaction with others.
>>
>stay at home for 4 days straight without going out
>almost want to kill myself
how can u guys even endure NEET life? its fucking terrible
>>
>>25993904
I know the feeling. But you know you'd be 100x more miserable than you are now if you didn't work and sat around all day with nothing to do.
>>
>>25993953
People have these things called hobbies. Sounds like you're too stupid for that.
>>
>>25993953

By not being a fucking normalfag.

GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
File: 1450742914410.png (333 KB, 1040x722) Image search: [Google]
1450742914410.png
333 KB, 1040x722
>>25993953
I don't understand this
what's out there to enjoy?
why is it painful to be alone for you?
>>
I'm just extremely lazy, the thought of getting up and doing something makes me tired.
>>
>>25993458
>Why don't you NEETs want to work?

Because I can only get minimum wage jobs, and I'd earn an extra 60 pound a week by working 40 hours
>>
I don't work because I want to do what I want all day.

Which is sleep, workout, or play video games. 12 years of doing this and I'm not bored yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x358
Neeting it up in my room disconected from reality is a coping mechanism i have developed from experiencing very severe child abuse, i try to escape this miserable lonely lifestyle often but being away from my protective nest makes me want to self terminate
>>
I spent my whole childhood doing nothing but studying. This was my excuse for not living life. I've never had a friend, celebrated a holiday, or touched another human affectionately. If I just get some shitty job any high school dropout could have gotten then it was all for nothing.

I would rather die.
>>
>>25994178
I never thought about this. All my childhood of studying, good grades, and Goodboyism will mean nothing if I get a job at the gas station. But maybe everything already means nothing anyway.
>>
>>25993458
>Work is good for you. It gives you purpose and a sense of achievement which boosts your self-esteem.

topkek, this is what delusion looks like.
>>
It's not a sense of achievement that it gives people who hate their jobs, simply getting up, getting some sunlight and using your body in general will help it to create more serotonin.

There's nothing to be said for how the job itself helps with your mood, unless you like your job, which most people don't, and just tell themselves they do to cope with the monotony for lack of pursuit of an actual goal. Then they bitterly shitpost online about how they are so much better off than people who literally cloister themselves in their homes out of fear and disdain for society.
>>
>>25994178
>>25994228
All you'd be doing is making money, nothing to lose but time spent in a shitty frogposting board. I think the thing that bothers you guys the most is the idea that no matter how hard you do work, there will be someone who does it better and more enthusiastically right around the corner. There are so many people in this world, and only so much money to spread thin trying to force people to find purpose, when they really just aren't needed even despite a solid set of skills.
>>
File: 1403911460677.png (8 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1403911460677.png
8 KB, 501x585
>>25993458
>go to school for a useless degree goy
>what's that? need money? make sure to take out loans good goy for that degree
>>
NEETs are lazy children who beg for scraps.
Theyd rather live in poverty and waste their lives away doing nothing. If we wagelords werent such kind and benevolent kings these poor serfs would starve. Cant allow animal cruelty, can we?
>>
File: 1329877916049.jpg (17 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1329877916049.jpg
17 KB, 298x200
>>25993458
Because I am talentless and have an only slightly above average IQ. My only prospects are miserable minimum wage jobs where I serve all the assholes who got ahead of me in life by washing their dishes and serving them coffee.

There is literally no way I would or ever have taken joy in a minimum wage job, especially since I make more money by living off of disablilty than i would working 40 miserable hours as a wage-slave. It's slavery.
>>
>>25993965
"nothing to do"
i seriously don't get it when normies say this. i love having breaks and time off. one guy at class said he was really bored towards the end of break and had nothing to do and wanted to back to class and i was like holy shit dude... i can always find things to do and i never get bored. are you really that unimaginative that you need someone to tell you what to do or your brain can't think of anything to do and you get bored? you might as well have some shit injected into you that makes you into a docile, brainless retard who only likes working because it wouldn't really make a difference.
>>
>>25994392
I do not beg for scraps, I demand them!
>>
>>25993458
I have a job, but it is only normal if you are a teenager or if it is one of your side jobs. Now that I'm a grown ass man, my job broadcasts to the world that I am a loser.

It's easy, but I feel like shit after work because the pay sucks and there's very little opportunity for advancement. It is a daily reminder that I'm a nobody. It's the kind of job that you learn in a week or two, and that is it..

I also went to college and earned a worthless BA. The experience was pretty much a complete waste. I didn't even lose my v-card.

I guess what Im trying to say is you can put in a lot of work and time and get absolutely nowhere in life. I have a 17 year old car that has been reliable, but it is showing its age. I live with my parents and cant afford to move out. I'm really behind my peers (I'm 28 and from an upper middle class suburb) when it comes to professional success and relationships. I'm a complete failure even though I've actually tried. It's all very draining because I feel like I have more privileges and opportunities that the average person, but I haven't been able to succeed at all.
>>
>>25993458
that really depends on what work you do. I've had some jobs where I would actually feel a lot better being a neet.
>>
>>25994474
Everything gets boring when you're older.
>>
>>25994478
Sure you are
Say please!
>>
>>25993458
>You need to get a grip on reality

Your reality fucking sucks. I don't want a job. My preferred reality and normality and reason for living and source of happiness lies within the imaginary and within hedonistic pursuits. I don't care about achievement. I don't care about the stupid fucking normie way of life. I have everything I need to survive on the internet and in my brain. Internet is reality for me. Imaginary is reality for me. There is no 'real life' for me. I don't live on the planet earth, I come from the land of Will Smith clones and real life anime. Are you even real? Are you a robot? Are you a delusion? Make like a tree and fuck off.
>>
>>25993458
look at those conservative buzzwords

C- copypasta at best
>>
File: NEETblueshade.jpg (108 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
NEETblueshade.jpg
108 KB, 409x409
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWN

Sorry, what were you saying wagecuck? I was just enjoying my free time and NEETbux. Were you saying something about responsibility or MUH SOCIETY? I'm afraid you've lost me. Mr. Goldstein doesn't pay you to talk!
>>
>>25994645
You aren't my mom, fag.
>>
>>25994664
You don't sound very happy...
>>
File: welfarecheat.png (157 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
welfarecheat.png
157 KB, 400x400
>>25994602
>Everything gets boring when you're older.
?
Actually, I've found most things get better. Sex for sure and generally you know how to handle situations with more experience.
Gonna call bullshit desu...
>>
>>25994667
All OC my friend ;). Just trying to give some motivation.
>>
>>25993458
Yawwwwwwwwwwn (I literally just woke up from my nappy)
Hey there wagekeck why the fuck would I want to work when I'm pretty happy as a neet and learning to code, draw, model and play the piano?
It seems to me my life is way more fulfilling than any of yours. Could it be better? Maybe but I don't complain
>>
>>25994703
How old are you? How old do you think I am?
>>
File: e68[1].jpg (184 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
e68[1].jpg
184 KB, 665x662
>>25994703
>Sex for sure

Do you know where you are?

>>>/out/
>>
File: 1417304081699.jpg (41 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1417304081699.jpg
41 KB, 550x535
>>25994703
>Actually, I've found most things get better.
>>
>>25994703
the mindset of every 22 year old
>>
>>25993458

There are a lot more people than there are jobs that are beneficial to society, we would all be better off if we recognized that there is nothing noble about working a shit tier middle management job and that pegging human value to employment is just a way to perpetuate the cycle of exploitation of the majority.

It's 2016, meaningful work is god but there is no reason why anyone should be forced to work more than 3-4 hours a day just to meet their basic survival needs.
>>
>>25994683
Bad NEET!
Looks like someones getting fewer foodstamps...
>>
>>25994857
foodstamps? I'm neet, not poor.

idiot
>>
>>25994770
They actually do my robot friend.
I couldn't stand to be a neet the first time, I was a looser just like you are today.
I learned to take advantage of my time and don't think like a teenager and now I'm pretty happy being one
>>
>>25994016
What are your hobbies m8
>>
>>25994857
>foodstamps
Those are for poor working wagies though
>>
>>25994991
Not him but
Learning to draw and code, modeling, playing the piano and going out for a cup of coffee from time to time ah and of course asking daddy for stuff.
All things you could be doing, there is my apartment that is kind of a hobby too since I have to maintain it so I guess property owning
>>
File: leech.jpg (655 KB, 1019x1285) Image search: [Google]
leech.jpg
655 KB, 1019x1285
>>25993458
>I've lived the NEET life for many years/phases of my life and it sucks
Yeh sure u did kid. U know your highschool summer holidays doesn't count as neetdom right?
>I don't want to hear any excuses. My life has been complete shit compared to most of you and I've still busted my ass pretty much non-stop.
Hahahha get a load of this wannabe NEET
>>
File: blueNEET.jpg (111 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
blueNEET.jpg
111 KB, 409x409
>>25994785
>work is god

Accidental typo reveals wagecuck's thought process
>>
>>25995086
I'm 32 kid
>>
>>25995056
Most of these things can be done while going to school or having a job. I don't know anyone with a job that doesn't have time for their hobbies, not to mention people whose jobs involve their hobbies.

>home owning

lol
>>
File: 1431819697908.png (20 KB, 207x172) Image search: [Google]
1431819697908.png
20 KB, 207x172
>>25993458
>I've lived the NEET life for many years/phases of my life and it sucks... depressed all the time, feel worthless, stagnating...

That's just you, you're clearly a very boring person with no hobbies. You need a job to spend half your day on because without it, you'd have nothing to do.

I've been a neet for nearly 3 years now and I've been absolutely loving every second of it. I'd be perfectly content living like this for the rest of my life, and I intend to do so.
>>
>>25994884
>>25995016
Same thing. Nothing different between you and a nigger
>>
>>25995226
I have no reason to have a job and these hobby's keep me pretty happy.
Ultimately when I'm good enough I will profit from them as a freelancer tho not because I need the money but because I want to draw and model and maybe code too.
The money I can use for fancy toys and trips
>>
>>25995286
>there is no difference between someone who works 40 hours a week for a pittance and someone who gets free money from the government

why are wagies so dumb
>>
>>25995286
the difference is my family pays more than their share in income tax

even though i'm neet my contribution is actually positive you worthless sack of nigger loving shit
>>
>>25995329
Look at this nigger logic. Youre worthless and no delusions will change that.
>>
>>25995245
I'd bet 10k you're under 25
>>
>>25995349
Not you, your family you dumb nigger leech. Go beg daddy for videogame money.
>>
File: 1438492382787.jpg (77 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1438492382787.jpg
77 KB, 653x590
>>25995367
>working full time
>still being under the poverty threshold
how is it even possible to be THIS smug
>>
>>25995412
For your information my dad gave me a credit card for the express purpose of stopping me from begging him for video games.
>>
>>25995349
>thinking that what his family does reflect positively on himself

That's some WE WUZ KINGS niggerthink right there. Not much of a difference between taking credit from your ancestors deeds, and taking credit for your still living ancestors deeds.
>>
>>25993458
ive been trying to get a job since june but i always get nervous and sperg out during the phone screens. neetbux when?
>>
>>25995424
Your strawmans are cute NEET
Go cry some more with your povertybux and nigger neighbors.
>>
I lost my job on Friday. I have quite a bit of money saved up (i could survive a year, easily) but i'm scared of long-term unemployment. This is the first time in my adult life that I haven't had a job.

Is there anything an involuntary neet should do? I'd be lying if I said part of me wasn't looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
>>
>>25995446
Damn you are lucky. Did he buy you an apartment too? I offered daddy go open a bank account in my name to hide money from his divorce.
If something happens I will be even richer then
>>
>>25995446
Adorable.
Daddy has you by your balls.
>>
>>25995318
How do you have money/an apartment?
>>
>>25995515
You are one of us now. Go ahead and sleep in, treat yourself why not? But remember to not do it everyday or else you would get depresses
>>
>>25995476
in pure financial terms me, any future kids, and maybe even grand kids could be neets and my parents would still be a net positive

>>25995516
>>25995537
My dad worked and beat me instead of acknowledging me. Since he hit male menopause i think he's been feeling guilty
>>
>>25995560
Daddy's GBP (good boy points) they stack up I tell you
>>
File: 1427643749573.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1427643749573.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
>>25995505
>stating facts is a strawman
>>
>>25995597
>live in the UK
>our currency is literally abbreviated to GBP
>also one of the most generous welfare states out there
>tfw our main media outlet is called the BBC
>tfw our government coined the term NEET
>>
>>25995597
Okay well I hope you can make something of yourself someday, anon.
>>
>>25995567

i feel weird doing shit during working hours. i bet the gym will be totally empty though.
>>
>>25995695
Yeah weekdays are great for neets. There is nobody anywhere so no lines and movies are half off
>>
>>25995617
>Whatever I say is fact
Lol dumb NEET frogposter
>>
>>25995776
as a figment of my imagination yes, the universe is whatever I dictate it is
>>
>>25993458

Jobs are way too boring, thinking of going into infantry then try to get into the SAS for a little more excitement. Only other things that compare to the excitement of getting shot at would be being a criminal. But its a stupid idea to go in special forces when you can make 4 times the money in a private military.
>>
>>25995016
>Those are for poor working wagies though
This. Food stamps are for poor wageslaves.

Literally everyone I see on foodstamps has a job
>>
>>25995757
i'm thinking it won't be so bad. i see my physical health improving. it'll be easier to stick to my 5x5 workout plan. my job had such long hours that there were weeks where i could only go to the gym once or twice or not at all. i was also under so much pressure at work that i skipped meals or ate garbage regularly. i lost a lot of weight over the past few months.
>>
>>25995829
Reality is going to slap you on the ass hard when you attempt selection kid. How's your fitness looking?
>>
I really just don't want to
That's pretty much it
I would like more freedom and independence, but I already have a lot of that. Would selling half of my life away for nothing (not educated) really be worth it? Idk, a lot of what I hate about myself and life seems to be delusional limitations I impose on myself.
If I got to a point where life seemed worth it I might give it a go, but for right now things are okay
>>
File: 1453606738228.jpg (84 KB, 443x506) Image search: [Google]
1453606738228.jpg
84 KB, 443x506
Been trudging through so much shit that I just stopped caring, I really can't be fucked to do anything anymore.
I have no passion or goals, I dropped out of high school because I'm legit stupid, and nowhere wanted to hire me. I literally don't feel any sort of enjoyment from anything anymore, and I have no urge to try anything new as nothing interests me.

My day consists of eating, sleeping and staring at my laptop screen or staring at the ceiling.
I'd snap if I became a wageslave, so I'd rather just continue this aimless existence as a NEET.
>>
>>25996351
I feel the exact same way. Don't really know how to deal with this, or even If i want to. Its a mental state which feels as if you fan never retract yourself from.
>>
>>25996351
>>25996467
It's called anhedonia, and it's a symptom of serious depression. See a Dr. and get meds and if you can afford get cognitive behavioural therapy too.
>>
>>25996503
For what purpose? To work shit jobs until I kill myself when I turn 30? Only pure luck can help literal lowlifes like us. I'm basically retarded, couldn't keep up academically since middle school, so it's basically pointless to make any attempt at this stage.
>>
>>25996636
Nothing I can say will convince you, you can at the very least get medicated to the point of enjoying your hobbies again even if you don't work. Wouldn't you like to be able to enjoy video games and the like again? I'm not telling you to work if it's not in your best interest, but I do believe you should seek help.
>>
>>25996685
only "hobby" I had was reading books, but I've already read most of the things worth a damn in the genres I found interesting.
>>
>>25996503
I think a doctor should be the only one to diagnose someone with anhedonia, lest people start throwing the word around like we did with autism to justify being an unhealthy lazy dumb slob.
>>
>>25996929
Anhedonia is a symptom, I'm not diagnosing anything. He is quite clearly describing anhedonia. It's no more subject to diagnostic criteria than ennui or sadness is.
>>
>>25993904
>$100k/yr
>It really doesn't make a bit of difference.
lolwutm8
>>
>>25996685
you normies just don't get it do you?
>>
>>25993458
>Why don't you NEETs want to work?

Then:

>It takes hard work and dedication but it's worth it. Did most of you just grow up so pampered sitting in front of TV and video games everyday you can't fathom hard work?

>I don't want to hear any excuses. My life has been complete shit compared to most of you and I've still busted my ass pretty much non-stop.

>It's a long and hard road

For someone who wants us to stop being NEETs, you make being a non-NEET seem really shitty.
>>
>>25993904
>$100k/yr software dev career
>It really doesn't make a bit of difference.

lol, wut
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.