[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots from NC? If so, do you like it there? How're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1445765756208.jpg (91 KB, 702x397) Image search: [Google]
1445765756208.jpg
91 KB, 702x397
Any robots from NC? If so, do you like it there? How're you dealing with the snow? Share you woes and stories, friends.
>>
>>25977368
Asheville here. I love it; my family has been in these mountains since the 1760s. I live on a comfy woodland property. I'm currently trapped here due to the snow, though. I'll link an album with pictures of when the snow first started.

http://imgur.com/a/7ImvK
>>
Snow isn't going to last much longer where I am. Though it's only January, we usually get a big snow storm every February.
>>
Boone here. Comfy right now. Very windy out but quiet otherwise.

Have lived in every part of NC though.
>>
>>25977368
I use to have an e-gf when I was about 13 who lived in Asheville. Hows the town?

I'm a PAbot, and I've been considering moving to NC for awhile now.
>>
>>25977368
I am in sc is that close enough?
>>
>>25977583
Meant for
>>25977520

>>25977568
Which part did you like best and why?
>>
Charlotte here. It snowed for a day and a half. February is usually when we get a decent snow storm here, which I love. I wish we had more mature winters.

I'm jelly of the Asheville bro. One of my favorite places in the world.
>>
Wilmington, so nothing but rain
>>
Lived in asheville, hated it...moved to mills river. Iced in but have a bunch of food but a lot of liquor. Currently browsing R9k and playin Goldeneye on the N64
>>
>>25977583
Asheville a shitty liberal hippie culture downtown, though there is some good art and eating. I'd recommend you move to Swannanoa or Black Mountain or Arden so you don't deal with the high prices and hipsters, but still have Asheville within a 10 minute drive, should you need it.

>>25977622
I love these mountains. Wouldn't trade 'em for the world.
>>
>>25977614
The mountains are best because I don't like hot weather. I also like the locals here much better than eastern NC - a lot of Christian types either way, but out here seem more folksy churchy and not trashy churchy.

The triangle area is very nice too, but not much different from any other metropolis.
>>
Washington DC here. Bretty good I went hiking through the snow and now i'm eating noodles
>>
>>25977600
Thats fine too friend.

Any of you cats ever been to Swansboro? I've also been looking at moving there for awhile due to the close proximity of Jacksonville and its Uni.

>>25977658
Thats pretty disappointing about Ashville, but thats some good advice. Thanks anon, I'll look into those places.

>>25977695
Do you get a lot of snow in the mountains there? Hows the racial concerns of NC?
>>
>>25977622
Where in Charlotte.
>>
>>25977740
Asheville was too loud and conjested not to mention expensive to live, all my friends live towards brevard so I went towards there but stayed relatively close to work.
>>
Chapel Hill bot reporting in.

It's bretty comfy with the snow we've gotten.

Nowhere near as comfy as when I lived in Boone though. Had an incredible snowstorm in 2011, I seem to recall more than 16 inches of snow but I could just be embellishing my memories. God, that was comfy.

I've been waiting for some mail all weekend and I'm finally giving up on it arriving. Some bit of me hopes the mailman will come through at like midnight lol. has anyone had mail delivered?
>>
>>25977820
Hows the employment ratio around that area?
>>
>>25977520
Columbia, sc here and jealous. We only got like 15 minutes of flurries that didn't stick. Asheville is so beautiful! My bf and I are visiting in a few weeks. Stay warm, anon.
>>
Charlotte (specifically Concord) reporting. Didn't have any problem driving in the snow earlier today, but I only went about 5 minutes each way. They actually plowed, which helps a lot.
>>
>>25977901
Gotten better, I commute 20 minutes though.
>>
>>25977368
Emerald Isle, no snow. Pretty shitty in general, not many nigs down here though.
>>
>>25978005
UNCC student?
>>
>>25977995
Thanks for warm wishes. What are you planning on doing and seeing in Asheville?
>>
>>25978121
We got tickets to Biltmore for Christmas! So we're going to do the self guided tour around the house and probably go hiking too if the weather is okay.
>>
>>25978076
No. I've been meaning to transfer there, but I've stopped giving a shit about college, and my grades are too shit now.
>>
>>25978214
Biltmore's great; I hope you two have fun. I think you'll both like it.
>>
Kannapolis here, gonna go out for a comfy icy nightwalk tonight :3
>>
File: Flag_of_North_Carolina.png (91 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_North_Carolina.png
91 KB, 2000x1333
Bump for best state
>>
>>25978005
I live in concord as well

Im going to find you
>>
>>25979699
>tfw live near Concord as well
>tfw no Concord bros meetup
>>
>>25979794
Its probably for the best, I'd most likely try to put my dick in you.
>>
>>25979887
haahahhahahhahahhahahahahaha
>>
>>25979887
Th-That would be okay
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 911x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 911x960
Never gonna move from the Triad.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.