[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alaksa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Cant wake up.png (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Cant wake up.png
109 KB, 200x200
Fellow robots, since I am an introvert I'm planning to maybe move to Alaska before 2030. Since other robots like are extremely isolated, I'm looking for help planning my stay. I'll start off:

Favorable location: Little Diomede (Cyka Blyat)
Favorable Power: Wind turbine
Favorable food source: Assorted high-yield vegetables: Broccoli, Carrots, Lettuce, Potato, Pumpkin (For oil)
Favorable heating source: 1000 dollar computer, generate heat by contributing to cancer research (Cheaper than heating unit)
Favorable Companion: Siberian/Alaskan husky bred with a giant dog (preferable great dane)

Anything anyone would like to add?
>>
>>25975679
>looking for help HERE to plan my stay.

Feel free to post comfy Alaskan homes with your comments
>>
>>25975679
yes please. would rather live in a tiny wooden cabin on a mountain than in the city.
>>
>>25975730
I'd like to think when I move there I could help set up around the town and write a blog or do a vlog for extra income. I'd try to build or do something everyday.
The place I'm staying at only has a population of 100, pic related. When It's winter it's like a 2 mile walk to big diomede, which is owned by cyka blyats.
>>
>>25975864
>living near russians
>>
Bump cause bored
>>
No one? BUMP
>>
File: 1453047211315.png (503 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1453047211315.png
503 KB, 500x667
>>25975679
this sounds like my dream exactly OP
go live it, for me

I would get some solar panels aswell, don't forget a gun of some kind, first aid equipment, maybe get some emergency rations just in case
>>
File: 1446794863767.png (171 KB, 389x283) Image search: [Google]
1446794863767.png
171 KB, 389x283
>>25975679
Sounds comfy, anon. I dunno if I'd move to Alaska but I'd love to live up north. After living in the big city/suburbs all my life I'd really like to live somewhere with a degree of privacy where I feel like I have room to breath.
Just tonight I was looking at towns in Montana and fantasizing about moving there. Best of luck, OP.
>>
>>25976296
>gun of some kind
This can not really be emphasized enough if you plan on living too far from the city.

It'll keep you safe from animals, keep you fed if you can't make it to town, and give you an easy way to check out if you find out the frontiersman life isn't for you.

If you're not ecstatic about spending money on guns, (which I'm fairy sure you probably are with all the slavaboo you've been exhibiting) just buy a mosin nagant and a couple spam cans of ammo and cal it a day.
>>
File: bronze-statue[1].gif (15 KB, 145x243) Image search: [Google]
bronze-statue[1].gif
15 KB, 145x243
>>25976296
>gun, first aid, and emergency rations
Yeah totally, I'd probably buy some other non-lethal items too, like pepper spray and beenbag gun too.
>Solar panels
Maybe, but I don't know, for the 67 or so days that there is no light, I don't know if that's worthwhile. It is windy though, and that's good.

I kinda want to be a pioneer or something, I'm too late to explore, but I'd love to help with some infrastructure there. I've got a some kinda complex or something.
I live in a southern suburb, and I've always wanted to experience the cold.
>>
No, if you plan on living anywhere where you can actually do things (read: Anchorage, Wasilla, Fairbanks) it's just a colder conglomerate of sitcom setting tier western lifestyle.

Source: Lifetime Alaskan AMA
>>
>>25976543
Do you recommend micro generation (making your own power) or using traditional methods?

How do you get around?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.