[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we being punished?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: download.png (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8 KB, 225x225
Why are we being punished?
>>
I don't know, bad luck?
>>
Our pain generates positive energy to be harvested by the spirit and distributed to the lifeforms around us
We are the compost
>>
We are not being punished, there is no one to punish us, nobody cares about us that much. We are nothing and that is our suffering.
>>
File: 1437453984735.jpg (51 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1437453984735.jpg
51 KB, 500x665
>>25961389
Actually there is
>>
>>25961556
Unless you die during your fun period, then it's eternity in hell.
>>
>>25961570
>separate yourself from God
>spend eternity separated from God
Sounds like a fair deal
>>
Because our single moms took bad decisions.
>>
>>25961594
So is he waiting around forever for you or not waiting around forever? You wouldn't think something as meaningless as death, in the context of immortality, would prevent Jesus from hanging around for you.
>>
>>25961287
Because we were supposed to die at birth but because of advanced medical technology, our bodies were kept alive, in turn our souls could not escape our bodies and let us pass away
>>
because you wont be my friend
>>
>>25961625
Forever. Good souls who sinned get to purgatory after death to get cleaned for heaven
>>
>>25961648
No catholics pls. This discussion is for humans only.
>>
>>25961556
Why is Christian shit like this always so fucking corny and lame?

Man, I have nothing against religious people in general, but sometimes it's like they all live in some parallel world where the concept of being cheesy, cliche, and patronizing doesn't exist.
>>
>>25961287
Because we tried to escape this prison before. So in order to break us our souls have been locked up inside defective meatsacks.

You'll behave next time, faggot. Let the archons extract energy from you, allow yourself to be violated, or else !
>>
>>25961681
To cheer people up.
>caring about stuff like cheesy
>>
>>25961345
Fuck...

I didn't need this tonight
>>
>>25961696
>To cheer people up.
>Your life is shit and your afterlife will be ultrashit
>>
>>25961726
I think you misunderstood something family
>>
File: 1450468310327.jpg (84 KB, 490x488) Image search: [Google]
1450468310327.jpg
84 KB, 490x488
>>25961667
Sorry prot bro
>>
>>25961726
Where's the hope?
>>
Because you're guilty duh. Without guilt there couldn't be any punishment.
>>25961389
>there is no one to punish us
Not all people are powerful as you are, and many have to take the role of a scapegoat.
>>
>>25961696
What kind of depression could that cheer you up from, except for the depression created by the threats of the exact same religion?

Man, no wonder they call the church a drug, they do a damn good job of keeping their followers emotionally crippled and reliant on them.
>>
No man was ever punished except by himself.

Casper knew this.
>>
Blame the sins you committed in your past life.
>>
>>25961287
Because you hate yourself
>>
>>25961287
We sinned in a past life
>>
>>25961858
>What kind of depression could that cheer you up from
Don't know, all of them?

>except for the depression created by the threats of the exact same religion?
Oh you're one of those retards. Nevermind then

>Man, no wonder they call the church a drug, they do a damn good job of keeping their followers emotionally crippled and reliant on them.
Lol *tips*
>>
>>25961738
Sorry anon I'm not very bright. Would you mind explaining to me what I didn't understand ?

>>25961878
>>25961894
Please prove it. Prisoners know why they're in prison. We don't wipe out their memories and watch them wonder who they are and why they're in prison because it wouldn't make any sense if you want people to learn to respect the law.
>>
>>25961912
Where does the church say your life is shit? Or that your afterlife will be ultrashit?
It's literally your life isn't shit and your afterlife won't be either
>>
>>25961905
No fedoras here, I'm Christian, just from a denomination that treats its followers like rational adults. (And no, not some new-age bullshit, my church is over a thousand years old.)

I just think these modern American Protestant churches are ridiculous with the way they jerk their followers around.
>>
>>25962052
>cheer people up
>jerk their followers around
You know this isn't a church official pic but something I saved from 4chan?
Besides I'm catholic. But yeah you're the one rational adult all other christians are emotionally crippled children
>>
>>25961954
It says you shouldn't pursue fun or pleasure and if you ever did you'll burn in hell for all eternity.

My life is shit anyway and when I try to live virtuously (nofap, no drugs, no escapism etc.), I feel suicidal.

Would you create a being that requires physical affection and make it so ugly and dysfunctional that it ensures that none of his people will ever touch him, and then tell him that whatever method he found to cope with the pain he has to stop using it or else he'll be tortured forever ?

>b-but Jesus
I know many devout christians who had a shit life and died crazy and alone. The only happy christians I know are married with many children.

So anyway anon what is the meaning of life ?
>>
>>25962134
>It says you shouldn't pursue fun or pleasure and if you ever did you'll burn in hell for all eternity.
Source?

>My life is shit anyway and when I try to live virtuously (nofap, no drugs, no escapism etc.), I feel suicidal
>The only happy christians I know are married with many children.
This is objectively untrue. Look at AA how they beat their addiction with faith-

>Would you create a being that requires physical affection and make it so ugly and dysfunctional that it ensures that none of his people will ever touch him, and then tell him that whatever method he found to cope with the pain he has to stop using it or else he'll be tortured forever ?
You have no idea what you're talking about. But keep hating those stupid christfags. It's the cool thing to do ;)
>>
>>25962128
Sorry, the whole "coming back to Jesus" theme of it made me think it was one of those born-again things. I wouldn't have expected it out of a Catholic, my branch doesn't have much taste for stuff like that. (I'm from a relatively obscure branch that follows the Vatican Pope but has traditions more like Eastern Orthodox churches.)
>>
>>25962199
>that follows the Vatican Pope but has traditions more like Eastern Orthodox churches
Elaborate please. I just like the picture as a "hedonism doesn't get you anywhere" thing. Don't take it too seriously
>>
>>25962195
>You have no idea what you're talking about. But keep hating those stupid christfags. It's the cool thing to do ;)
Anon that's not very enlightening. I was talking about me. I don't hate christians and I don't see why you would think I do.
>>
>>25962243
I gotcha, I saw it as one of those overly sappy "come back to Jesus" kind of things that Mormons and Born Agains spew nonstop. An upbringing in an obscure minority church in the US will kind of give you a kneejerk reaction that stuff.

I believe the proper name of my church is the "Ruthenian Catholic Orthodox Church," but it's more commonly just called "Byzantine Catholic" in the US. The rites are most similar to Greek Orthodox as far as I'm aware, Byzantine Catholics will often attend Greek Orthodox services if they're in an area without a Byzantine church. I don't know what it's like in the "old country," but Byzantine Catholics in the US are really low key and the teachings are more about general morality and spirituality and shy away from aggressive conversion or trying to impose our beliefs and will on others.
>>
>>25962512
Yeah probably was originally one of those pics but I don't know I like it. Reasonates with me as an atheist-to-catholic convert
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.