[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone here ever just sit down to do nothing? not browsing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: roof-02_3348341b.jpg (166 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
roof-02_3348341b.jpg
166 KB, 620x453
does anyone here ever just sit down to do nothing?
not browsing the internet, not on your phone, not sleeping. just sitting and thinking.
>>
>>25958864
All the time senpai

They said my comment wasn't original so
>Bologna pony macaroni n fuck
>>
yeah, when i was in the loony bin i had tons of time to think
>>
File: 6798896_hunting_wallpaper.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6798896_hunting_wallpaper.jpg
548 KB, 1920x1080
>>25958864
it's so underrated. I feel complete when I can sit and think about what I've done that day and if I made any mistakes I can fix or prevent in the future.
>>
Testing something senpai
>1234567ate9
>>
>>25958864
Yeah but normally in the countryside where I've been walking and stop ands sit on the ground or on on a log and just look at the hills. I live in an AONB in Surrey though.
>>
I do nothing all the time

I can't stop myself from talking to myself if I'm alone and not distracted, usually go to the bathroom and pace for several hours at a time talking to myself about anything and everything and analyzing the past, present and the future

Makes things worse for me usually though if I allow myself to think and communicate, so I meditate when I want to do nothing instead
>>
>>25958864
I get this done in the shower, normally.

I pep talked myself out of feeling mopey about a grill and ended up solidifying some real shit with her that night because I was able to put myself in a good mood.

People respond to the kind of emotions you display to them, and while they do try to help you manage them, no one will ever be so committed to you that they repeatedly put up with a consistently mopey attitude.

At a certain point they'll deem you as a lost cause, emotionally unstable and stop actually caring about helping.
>>
File: jZZeBcW.jpg (182 KB, 719x5146) Image search: [Google]
jZZeBcW.jpg
182 KB, 719x5146
>>25958864
I can't let myself think.
>>
Yeah, I mediate.
>>
File: life.jpg (41 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
41 KB, 480x540
also applies to just sitting and thinking
>>
>>25959667
What was the last instance you mediated?
>>
>>25959104
Fuck yeah anon. I take extremely long showers of compartmentalization and self reflection. Someday I'm going to have a room in my house that is just a giant meditation shower
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.