[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Very simply put: I think that US local Police Officers should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 51re4wzkycL._SX425_.jpg (32 KB, 425x372) Image search: [Google]
51re4wzkycL._SX425_.jpg
32 KB, 425x372
Very simply put:

I think that US local Police Officers should make 150k a year base salary.

I think that the bar to become a US local Police Officer should not require a college degree, but simply require an intense two years of training that focuses on restraint and understanding that an officer should be held to a higher moral standing than the average citizen and not a lesser standing.

Also, the penalty for breaking the law (for an officer) should be clear: send them out to sea to die.
>>
>higher moral standing than the average citizen and not a lesser standing.

I think the Jewish Illuminati media should have a bit more respect for the honorable and brave men and women who protect our world from danger and crime.

IE: They should discontinue the stories which instill a distrust in the Police Force, painting them as unstable trigger happy animals.

You fags can't begin to imagine the stresses they take on daily basis, upholding th law, constantly on guard in case someone pulls a weapon on them, the slanderous news stories don't help any.

Police should be paid not only a higher salary but a greater amount of respect so they can feel their time and efforts are worth it
>>
>>25958902
Are you a derp? Without higher education they start at a great wage. I grant you they are putting their lives at risk via the job requirements. But is there no middle ground whereby the police are better trained and the people of the nation in more respect of their authority?
>>
let's pay sadists even more to murder minorities
>>
We live in a world where, quite often, the people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun or the authority to carry a gun and enforce laws, are the ones we most allow to become policing authority.
>>
File: 1407777225383.jpg (15 KB, 178x203) Image search: [Google]
1407777225383.jpg
15 KB, 178x203
I think protectors of the state should not wed or hold property either. They should not be influenced by vices of man in any sense so they have the highest moral justice. They shouldn't be paid anything either for they should not want anything but justice. They will be fed by the community due to their service, the most fit should be selected for breeding but never introduced to their child. They should also not mingle with the rest of the community either. Also they should be selected for this life around the age of 12 when their physical and mental attributes could be evaluated. This way they would only exist to uphold justice, have nothing to lose or gain and will be of pure mind.
>>
>>25958940
i don't know much of the training requirements or regulations

i just turn my head up at the news stories painting police as inhumane or heartless for the occasional accidental shooting where an officer has to make a judgment call under high stress and errs on the side of caution.

seems a lot of the gritty side of police work such as this could only be learned thru on-the-job experience. how can you prepare someone to deal with peeling a dead body off the highway? A grisly murder case, etc. These people deserve to be treated with respect and friendly manner so they can know that you mean them no harm. It goes a long way in avoiding tickets and creating a peaceful relationship
>>
>>25959066
"accidental shooting"
good fucking joke
>>
>>25958854
>Also, the penalty for breaking the law (for an officer) should be clear: send them out to sea to die.

I presume they would just get rescued by some other country that wants free cops
>>
My job is literally more dangerous than being a cop and I make 20k right now. They have it easy
>>
>>25959066
>I dont't know much about ...

Me either. And I honestly question my own judgment about some of the shooting cases that, in hindsight, seem abhorrent.

I just feel like there's a possible answer in placing way more training and a much higher mar in who can be a police officer. Say we (the US) pulls back from some budget-major issue (Iraq, whatevez)... and we put it into a more serious level of requirements of police... as well as up their pay, so that they have reason to apply. AND have severe more penalties for bad cops... I dunno.
>>
>>25959136
Like, say, by year 10 of an officers tenure, they reach a base salary of 200k (usd). BUT, all the same dangers apply, but an extra danger of being assumed guilty instead of innocent in a court of law in cases where the officers actions are ambiguous (think martin, and so on)
>>
>>25959187
police don't deserve 200k a year
especially not when that money would come out of taxes that can go to education
>>
>>25959239
I'm cool with a better redistribution of funds, I'm just looking for ideas about how we can encourage a necessary institution (police) to be more responsible and understand that they are a function of society and not an owner of society with indiscretional rights of force.
>>
>>25959265
police aren't necessary but that's a good joke
>>
>>25958902
>>25959066
the police get a ton of compensation for the increased risk to their lives. while on duty, their lives are worth less than citizens' as a result
>>
>>25959274
Erm, explain...

What do I do as a person who just doesn't happen to have (insert your preferred weapon here; guns/martial-arts/knives/etc...) available if a neighbor is threatening me or my family? Or just a random mugger? I basically hate the current implementation of police in the US but I wouldn't drop them without a better ideas in place.
>>
>>25959322
End game solution would be an economic system where there is no necessity to commit crimes for survival or even property
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.